Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 [4696] 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:18:29 PM

Price action looking like we're heading to .01-.0105ish. Support on books has dropped off quite rapidly with most liquidity just sitting on the sidelines waiting for direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:40:57 PM

I think I rambled on way too much, my question/points were:

DASH needs development and needs to grow, because it's the best solution out there IMO and in other's opinion, and we want to see it take over the world.

To succeed, DASH needs to grow.  It needs a super easy interface for the masses, one that makes it super easy to keep your funds safe.  It needs mature services.  loans? how does that work in a decentralized, deflationary economy?  Stock market, other infrastructure.  Unlike Banks, DASH and the masternode system lend themselves to many other solutions such as a decentralized exchange, a decentralized market place, a decentralized private internet.  The sky is the limit, and it's natural for DASH to expand in these ways.

But who will pay for all this work?  The potential is there, but funds are not.  Are there decentralized ways to fund a decentralized autonomous corporation, perhaps using this new voting system for decision making?  That could earn money to pay for future development?  Does anyone see a way that this could work.  It's not easy!  If this entity, like Andreas Antonopoulos explains, can own it's own funds, and spend them when needed, this is very intriguing.  How would projects get the green light?  How would this entity be funded? 

Do you think, as I do, that something like this must happen for DASH to survive into the distant future?

I have a group of dev's that have been working on a service for over a year and just not getting around to growing the integration.   I've reached out Evan about the service and haven't heard back.   People say they want it easy but then they actually have to make the steps to become easy.   From my first day in crypto I HATED public keys.   They will always be the #1 turnoff for anyone.   As soon as they see them,  they turn off and move on.   Its just too confusing.    Before the great INET, we had BBS's and those BBSs had telephone numbers.   No one remembered the number but they remembered the name.    DNS for websites did the same and buying a domain name was might more expensive than today.    Now take that and apply it to crypto.    (Did I mention I HATE public keys.)

OneName.io ties, but I don't feel it has any legs.   Namecoin tried but thats really just the datastore and not the end game.   I've made investments in NMC, Ether, and MAIDSafe in hopes they will provide the backend for a fully distributed and easy to use datastore.   Right now, thats not the case.

I've created a service with a group of devs called "Vanikey".    Its pretty much a DNS for public keys and we can grow it from there.    Single Vanikey can be associated to ANY coin or hash and you can have just one Vanikey for many public keys for the same coin.    We built the service on an elastic infrastructure so we know it can scale but this is only short term,   it looks centralized but we hope to get it distributed as it grows.   Just about done with the SSL implementation...

Right now we implementing the service inside the Bitcoin QT wallet.    Just about done, totally secure, but this is just a demo of how we can use it.    John can pay Susan.   Pretty simple stuff.   We don't need EMAILS to mark our online identity..     We don't even need a username and password...   We just need something easy to use and understand.   

SO.  My ask.  I would like to use this service with DASH and get things moving.   Right now we charge to register a Vanikey ($6) but we can skip that for the DASH community.   We have developers that can help fill any holes or issues the group feels need to be fixed and we also have resources to help integrate the services into any other system that is out there.      We are also working with Factom as a 3rd party to show that any key served up by our services has not been modified.     

We can even use the DASH QT wallet to create the Vanikey so you never have to use our site.    Looking for the BEST solution for the end user.    Why can't John just pay Susan.   This whole Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA2p! pays Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA33 is just crap.    You don't have to stop being private when you want to but for god sakes, I'm just talking about your PUBLIC keys.   You have public keys on your tags and you sites have them as donation links.   these should all be readable and thats it.    I want to donate to the dash foundation.   ok,  send 5 DASH to DashFoundation.    simple.   

Please check out our site and our FAQ.   I'll be posting the QT wallet video and all the code required to integrate once complete.    Please reach out if you have questions.      This entire project had no funding and we have not asked for a dime.   Right now I'm looking for your thoughts on how to make things easier and if Vanikey feels like a fit, then we remove the cost of registering for Dash users,   we put some dev resources to help integrate it, and become the FIRST crypto to use a name lookup service that will work not only for one coin but for all coins.

Thanks guys.   website =  www.vanikey.com

hit me up,   Support@vanikey.com

Til later!    Also, I am happy to be a part of this community and have 7 MNs and very close to adding another 3.   

Sound great!

Can you build your solution decentralize on top or along with Dash's masternodes network?
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:56:38 PM

Til later!    Also, I am happy to be a part of this community and have 7 MNs and very close to adding another 3.   

Sound great!

Can you build your solution decentralize on top or along with Dash's masternodes network?

Not sure which piece would be the best fit within the MN network but if there is a need for something, it can always be discussed.  Also keep in mind that we are trying to resolve all coin public keys and not just Dash.   Would like Dash to be the first to fully implement the service in the wallet and iron our any possible issues.   Once the readable name has been resolved to a public key, the rest of the system acts as it does today.   

Thanks again for showing interest.   hit me up anytime.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:03:39 PM

That was pretty sneaky, Vertoe! Don't tease us like this! Don't let that be the last post we see from you.

We could use you back, man. Dash is a Digital Cash that can be used for anything, and you can have a hand in making it happen. Also, there is a fund for developers now. Keep that in mind.

Take your time, though, if you need to.
I was posting it because it is a very interesting pull request from a technological perspective. I'm surprised to see udjin did a dirty merge of the bitcoin master (which is not 0.10.0 but 0.10.99 btw) and it seems to work out. I've been waiting to see the 0.12 wallet. Will test it.

But I have to disappoint you, I will not return or contribute to darkcoin as long as it is nothing more than a company selling a product. And I dont want to offend anyone when I say I simply have to smile when I see that darkcoin wants to take on bitcoin. Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation, miners sustaining the consensus throughout the network and a democratic foundation which does nothing than public relations.

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus. darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant. mistrust authority, promote decentralization.

I Concur Vertoe! You are wise beyond your years...wishing you success on future endeavors from the big apple!
I will drink a beer for you this weekend! cheers!  Cool

Disclaimer:I'm screen shotin dis for my book before BCT mods delete it! Rotflmao.... Cheesy

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:24:20 PM

Price action looking like we're heading to .01-.0105ish. Support on books has dropped off quite rapidly with most liquidity just sitting on the sidelines waiting for direction.

Like last big run, I think there is a lot on the sidelines, could be very interesting when things turn, could be quite fast and dramatic...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:45:46 PM

Dash Price down a bit, buy opportunity?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:48:28 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 04:20:10 PM by GhostPlayer

That was pretty sneaky, Vertoe! Don't tease us like this! Don't let that be the last post we see from you.

We could use you back, man. Dash is a Digital Cash that can be used for anything, and you can have a hand in making it happen. Also, there is a fund for developers now. Keep that in mind.

Take your time, though, if you need to.
I was posting it because it is a very interesting pull request from a technological perspective. I'm surprised to see udjin did a dirty merge of the bitcoin master (which is not 0.10.0 but 0.10.99 btw) and it seems to work out. I've been waiting to see the 0.12 wallet. Will test it.

But I have to disappoint you, I will not return or contribute to darkcoin as long as it is nothing more than a company selling a product. And I dont want to offend anyone when I say I simply have to smile when I see that darkcoin wants to take on bitcoin. Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation, miners sustaining the consensus throughout the network and a democratic foundation which does nothing than public relations.

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus. darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant. mistrust authority, promote decentralization.

I Concur Vertoe! You are wise beyond your years...wishing you success on future endeavors from the big apple!
I will drink a beer for you this weekend! cheers!  Cool

Disclaimer:I'm screen shotin dis for my book before BCT mods delete it! Rotflmao.... Cheesy

I certainly do not concur.

Absolutely nothing about Dash is centralised and corporate as vertoe suggests. It's his opinion, amongst many. He is entitled to it, but that does not make it the truth.

Evan wanted to merge with Shadowcash, to get even more talent into the team. Community voted no, he was bummed but respected it. Every solution Evan solved, is always in decentralised grounds, except for some necessary development steps (closed-source Darksend, spork, reference node, etc)

Anyone can fork Dash. They only need to convince user and miners. Heck, not even fork the project, just not update to the latest version. The longest chain wins.

vertoe alerted Evan on numerous occasions on XYZ problems on testnet, and warned not to roll-out to mainnet. Many times, the newest version did roll out. Many times we forked and had to spork back. But the vast majority of times the cause of the forks had nothing to do with vertoe's warnings. And more often than not, the mainnet fork led to even greater ideas.

For months vertoe was growing unsatisfied with his lack of voice. He felt unheard and started growing disgruntled. vertoe clearly wanted to continue the subversive route, Evan always wanted a clean and open platform.

vertoe felt stabbed in the back when the Foundation was announced. His final straw was the rebrand.

Dash being a crypto-paypal is pure demagogy.

What is true is that Evan is leading the project. What is true is all the devs are following his main master branch and submitting to it. What is true is there is a vision of a concrete objective. This is Evan's baby, no questions about it - that is certainly not synonym of centralisation.

True decentralisation is opening a github with only

1 - print "Hello World"

and then asking the community to do something. I'd like to see how fast and how many forks would occur.

Furthermore, vertoe left in a highly unethical and childish manner. His contributions were fabulous, but he has absolutely no moral grounds to come here and post anything about Dash, except in his own defence for anything said about him.

He is perfectly entitled to have his opinion, but not to state it as actual fact.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:55:38 PM

Ouch price's tanking lately, getting surpassed by Stellar!

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:59:22 PM

tell it like it is

+1

Great post Ghost.

One of your finest !
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:20:12 PM

I have a group of dev's that have been working on a service for over a year and just not getting around to growing the integration.   I've reached out Evan about the service and haven't heard back.   People say they want it easy but then they actually have to make the steps to become easy.   From my first day in crypto I HATED public keys.   They will always be the #1 turnoff for anyone.   As soon as they see them,  they turn off and move on.   Its just too confusing.    Before the great INET, we had BBS's and those BBSs had telephone numbers.   No one remembered the number but they remembered the name.    DNS for websites did the same and buying a domain name was might more expensive than today.    Now take that and apply it to crypto.    (Did I mention I HATE public keys.)

I think the idea in itself is great, but there are a couple of things I don't know how to weight them

• So far I was completely happy when someone sends me his/her pubkey and I put a name on it in my wallet. But others my want more of course
  • It's centralized. As long as it's not widely used (with servers and mirrors for MY domain instead of one instance having it all) that's a weak point. Servers get DDOSed/hacked/whatnot and you'd have a lot of problems.
  • It kind of contradicts the "anonymous" part of Dash

But again, don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool idea. Make it P2P (e.g. each wallet serves it's own names or something like this. Or delegate it to Masternodes) and it would be perfect.

Kienbui

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:51:16 PM

I have a group of dev's that have been working on a service for over a year and just not getting around to growing the integration.   I've reached out Evan about the service and haven't heard back.   People say they want it easy but then they actually have to make the steps to become easy.   From my first day in crypto I HATED public keys.   They will always be the #1 turnoff for anyone.   As soon as they see them,  they turn off and move on.   Its just too confusing.    Before the great INET, we had BBS's and those BBSs had telephone numbers.   No one remembered the number but they remembered the name.    DNS for websites did the same and buying a domain name was might more expensive than today.    Now take that and apply it to crypto.    (Did I mention I HATE public keys.)

I think the idea in itself is great, but there are a couple of things I don't know how to weight them

• So far I was completely happy when someone sends me his/her pubkey and I put a name on it in my wallet. But others my want more of course
  • It's centralized. As long as it's not widely used (with servers and mirrors for MY domain instead of one instance having it all) that's a weak point. Servers get DDOSed/hacked/whatnot and you'd have a lot of problems.

But again, don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool idea. Make it P2P (e.g. each wallet serves it's own names or something like this. Or delegate it to Masternodes) and it would be perfect.

It can become an extra service on master node server and get some fee. Developers can still get some percentages of that fee for maintaining and updating code.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:52:10 PM

thank you for warning "ass" ... I shall light a candle and prey.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:53:21 PM

...l
SO.  My ask.  I would like to use this service with DASH and get things moving.   Right now we charge to register a Vanikey ($6) but we can skip that for the DASH community.   We have developers that can help fill any holes or issues the group feels need to be fixed and we also have resources to help integrate the services into any other system that is out there.      We are also working with Factom as a 3rd party to show that any key served up by our services has not been modified.     

We can even use the DASH QT wallet to create the Vanikey so you never have to use our site.    Looking for the BEST solution for the end user.    Why can't John just pay Susan.   This whole Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA2p! pays Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA33 is just crap.    You don't have to stop being private when you want to but for god sakes, I'm just talking about your PUBLIC keys.   You have public keys on your tags and you sites have them as donation links.   these should all be readable and thats it.    I want to donate to the dash foundation.   ok,  send 5 DASH to DashFoundation.    simple.   

Love the idea of being able to send to a name instead of a long hard to write key like with an emails and domains,
am wondering you hint at a more decentralized way of doing things in the future, how would that be done exactly, can it be placed on the blockchain for example, perhaps a few bytes on each block of Dash created for example?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Kienbui

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:12:11 PM

...l

Love the idea of being able to send to a name instead of a long hard to write key like with an emails and domains,
am wondering you hint at a more decentralized way of doing things in the future, how would that be done exactly, can it be placed on the blockchain for example, perhaps a few bytes on each block of Dash created for example?

Because of blockchain bloat problem, I think extra services like this should have a sidechain.
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 05:30:31 PM

Dash Price down a bit, buy opportunity?

Definitely yes.

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:38:24 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 07:14:31 PM by thelonecrouton

darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant.

DRK is competition to both. And it's the Paypal aspect which is where the money is anyway. Call it corporate if you like, but it's as decentralised a corporation as is practically feasible.

And Bitcoin has already failed.

DRK stands a chance where BTC had none, due to BTC's absence of pragmatic and adaptable leadership. Happy hippie hogwash is all very well but in the real world you need to get shit done and relying on fucking miners to do anything but slurp and bitch is absurd, but good luck with that. Smiley
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

Because of blockchain bloat problem, I think extra services like this should have a sidechain.

Not if the masternodes hosted the look up tables on the local drives, 4 bytes could reference 2^32 or 4.3 billion potential slots in a data file ?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
WastedLTC

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:45:39 PM

Thanks for the response.    

Comments,  

1> I agree,  some are comfortable with the public key setup and don't need to change a thing.  

2> Correct, its a central process currently as we have many moving parts with little adoption.  As the base grows and as you are able to interact with the datastore directly, we will see this becoming more decentralized.   We do plan on storing the data in a chosen decentralized datastore and have already put 50 BTC toward those projects (when BTC was $600+) .  Once a decentralized data store contains the keys, services can be built on those or those can be access directly.  If we tried to go the other route of just putting a wrapper NMC we are limiting us to the specific features that coin currently has.  We are going through many iterations right now to make the integration as smooth as possible then we can step back.

3> Posting a public key is the market we are going after.   Donation addresses,  email signatures, when you are just talking to someone.    This is also just the first step.   Once you have a primary "vanikey" or whatever it will be called.   Adding other cryptographic public keys can be introduced and leveraged by systems without a user doing anything.  Example.   PGP.   Send an email to someone,  it finds the public PGP string, encrypts and then sends to you.    The unencrypted text never left the original machine and they didn't even have to do anything.   What about people that hold BTC & LTC and I hold LTC and DASH.     In that senerio, if I send that person LTC it would be a pass through but if I try to send DASH,  no public key would be found and something like Shapeshift could do the conversion so you never even know there was any friction when paying someone and the other person gets and holds the coin of their choosing.    I personally hold about 6 coins.   I can associate all of them to a single payable address and they are broad enough that I can receive funds from almost any coin.  

You can also introduce proving you own a key (sign message), and have added features implemented on top of that particular lookup.      There are just so many possibilities but the market is so fragmented right now,  looking to create a bridge.  

WastedLTC

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:01:49 PM

So for one thing, we WILL introduce a mechanism to prove that the keys are not tampered with when resolving a name.   Looking at factom or just writing the hash to the blockchain that can be validated by the client directly.

As for the decentralized part.  That will be based on the data store.  (Maidsafe, Ethereum, Namecoin, etc).    That will solve a central point of resolving addresses.  The other piece is the management of addresses.   I feel that key management is growing and we will soon see methods to authenticate that will not require a central authority.  We see this with mobile and using the isolated compute space to create and store private keys.   Once you can easily identify and store your private keys we can then transfer your "vanikey" from a centralized managed repository that publishes to a decentralized datastore to a datastore you fully control the private key and management and that distribution continues to happen. 

Short term, if we introduce the functionality within the wallet itself, there is a private key already available and can then create and manage the "vanikey" which would allow us to move quicker to the decentralized goal.

Sorry,  hope that answered something...    Smiley   I'm not looking to take over this thread but I am very interested to see the interest and how I can inform the group about our service, see whats lacking, check the interest, and see if we can move DASH forward.  Smiley

dashgrimreaper

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:35:39 PM

Shocked ITS OVER Shocked
Dash scam has ran long enough, no fresh money because everyone has been burnt while big players here cashed out the btc..many times.

TANTE PLEASE STOP BEGGING FOR MORE FUNDS YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FROM DAY ONE, IM SURE YOU HAVE MADE PLENTY. WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW? DO YOU FEEL OTHER COINS ARE FUNDING THEIR DEV BETTER THAN DASH SUPPORTERS?
 PEOPLE ARE LOSING MONEY ON THIS SCAM AND YOU WANT MORE OF THEIR HARD EARNED CASH...WHY DONT YOU TELL YOUR DEV TEAM TO SELL SOME OF THE 600K COINS THEY GOT ....FROM DAY 1 !!! WHICH ARE USED TO PROP UP THE MN COUNT TO KEEP YOU GUYS HAPPY AND GIVE THE MN SCAM FREE FUNDS. VERY SAD SCENE HERE NOWADAYS WHEN ITS JUST THE SAME 4-5 PEOPLE POSTING OVER AND OVER.
Pages: « 1 ... 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 [4696] 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: