Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:39:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 [4697] 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722509 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:00:51 PM

darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant.

DRK is competition to both. And it's the Paypal aspect which is where the money is anyway. Call it corporate if you like, but it's as decentralised a corporation as is practically feasible.

And Bitcoin has already failed.

DRK stands a chance where BTC had none, due to BTC's absence of pragmatic and adaptable leadership. Happy hippie hogwash is all very well but in the real world you need to get shit done and relying on fucking miners to do anything but slurp and bitch is absurd, but good luck with that. Smiley

This, finally some sense, thank you for your blunt honesty it is a breath of fresh air.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dashgrimreaper

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:05:51 PM

Quote from: Jestah on April 12, 2015, 06:32:19 AM

dash , dev bought sdc ages ago...he wanted to split the coin into 2 coins....but when people found out the chat logs on irc, drk holders went mental , but the move was done behind thier backs...then evan decides to kill drk so it benifits sdc...and dash can be instanttx coin with new pump...for months , ever since evan said they were going to buy sdc, they coins have alternating pumps, one goes up, other goes down....check charts

Shocked ITS HAPENNING...AGAIN, CHECK THE CHARTS  Shocked
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:12:38 PM

Shocked ITS HAPENNING...AGAIN, CHECK THE CHARTS  Shocked

OMG ! you're absolutely right! I just checked "the chart!"

gross

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:18:22 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 09:24:11 PM by mprep

DASH crash over 50% again, it's scam 100% with premine, shitcoin. DON'T BUY IT  Sad Sad
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:23:55 PM

Trolls are here! Buying time !
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:07:50 PM

darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant.

DRK is competition to both. And it's the Paypal aspect which is where the money is anyway. Call it corporate if you like, but it's as decentralised a corporation as is practically feasible.

And Bitcoin has already failed.

DRK stands a chance where BTC had none, due to BTC's absence of pragmatic and adaptable leadership. Happy hippie hogwash is all very well but in the real world you need to get shit done and relying on fucking miners to do anything but slurp and bitch is absurd, but good luck with that. Smiley

This, finally some sense, thank you for your blunt honesty it is a breath of fresh air.

Good luck with your instamine scam.

The only people supporting this SCAM are criminals and scam defenders trying to protect their instamine  Roll Eyes
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:17:01 PM

BTC 4-Hour chart now tipping to downside.

Where this lands may be the fork in the road for Bitcoin. If it breaks down past 200-210 then we may be on course to setting a new low.

On the other hand if it completes the 4-hour correction without doin that then it's yet another successful retest and will start to look like it might be bucking the trend of the last year finally.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:17:37 PM

That was pretty sneaky, Vertoe! Don't tease us like this! Don't let that be the last post we see from you.

We could use you back, man. Dash is a Digital Cash that can be used for anything, and you can have a hand in making it happen. Also, there is a fund for developers now. Keep that in mind.

Take your time, though, if you need to.
I was posting it because it is a very interesting pull request from a technological perspective. I'm surprised to see udjin did a dirty merge of the bitcoin master (which is not 0.10.0 but 0.10.99 btw) and it seems to work out. I've been waiting to see the 0.12 wallet. Will test it.

But I have to disappoint you, I will not return or contribute to darkcoin as long as it is nothing more than a company selling a product. And I dont want to offend anyone when I say I simply have to smile when I see that darkcoin wants to take on bitcoin. Bitcoin is a consensus protocol specification, a team of developers maintaining a reference implementation, miners sustaining the consensus throughout the network and a democratic foundation which does nothing than public relations.

Darkcoin has none of this and should take the time to learn why it's important to support decentralization over corporate-like behaviour, why it's important to achieve a network consensus by miners not developers and why it's important to have democratic fallback infrastructure in place in case there are disputes without consensus. darkcoin is competion for paypal, not bitcoin. corporations can fail. cryptocurrencies cant. mistrust authority, promote decentralization.

I Concur Vertoe! You are wise beyond your years...wishing you success on future endeavors from the big apple!
I will drink a beer for you this weekend! cheers!  Cool

Disclaimer:I'm screen shotin dis for my book before BCT mods delete it! Rotflmao.... Cheesy

I certainly do not concur.

Absolutely nothing about Dash is centralised and corporate as vertoe suggests. It's his opinion, amongst many. He is entitled to it, but that does not make it the truth.

Evan wanted to merge with Shadowcash, to get even more talent into the team. Community voted no, he was bummed but respected it. Every solution Evan solved, is always in decentralised grounds, except for some necessary development steps (closed-source Darksend, spork, reference node, etc)

Anyone can fork Dash. They only need to convince user and miners. Heck, not even fork the project, just not update to the latest version. The longest chain wins.

vertoe alerted Evan on numerous occasions on XYZ problems on testnet, and warned not to roll-out to mainnet. Many times, the newest version did roll out. Many times we forked and had to spork back. But the vast majority of times the cause of the forks had nothing to do with vertoe's warnings. And more often than not, the mainnet fork led to even greater ideas.

For months vertoe was growing unsatisfied with his lack of voice. He felt unheard and started growing disgruntled. vertoe clearly wanted to continue the subversive route, Evan always wanted a clean and open platform.

vertoe felt stabbed in the back when the Foundation was announced. His final straw was the rebrand.

Dash being a crypto-paypal is pure demagogy.

What is true is that Evan is leading the project. What is true is all the devs are following his main master branch and submitting to it. What is true is there is a vision of a concrete objective. This is Evan's baby, no questions about it - that is certainly not synonym of centralisation.

True decentralisation is opening a github with only

1 - print "Hello World"

and then asking the community to do something. I'd like to see how fast and how many forks would occur.

Furthermore, vertoe left in a highly unethical and childish manner. His contributions were fabulous, but he has absolutely no moral grounds to come here and post anything about Dash, except in his own defence for anything said about him.

He is perfectly entitled to have his opinion, but not to state it as actual fact.

Enjoyed your well thought out post! We will see how this plays out in the future financial universe...
Wishing Crypto Investors a good weekend!
Cheers Sir!   Cool

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:20:26 PM

BTC 4-Hour chart now tipping to downside.

Where this lands may be the fork in the road for Bitcoin. If it breaks down past 200-210 then we may be on course to setting a new low.

On the other hand if it completes the 4-hour correction without doin that then it's yet another successful retest and will start to look like it might be bucking the trend of the last year finally.

Yes Sir! I've been swing trading BTC for a long time....and something is brewing!
And not just the home brew I'm drinkin right now wit my crew!
Cheers! Cool

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:53:11 PM

Patience  Wink

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
DrMikefromHashtag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:23:19 AM

Hey DASH community~

Great chart. My team is considering investing in a BIG way. Just need to see the plan for adoption. The plan for utility is good via the dash and ann features (and soon the 2FA); however, the actual business plan is hard to find. If I missed something, can a Sr member, point me in the correct direction? Just trying to determine the future usage rate plan to determine a fair price to buy.... Thanks in Advance.

GLTY

Thanks
Dr Mike

PM me
or
Follow me on Twitter:
Doctor Mike
@DrMikesCoinTeam

"My team is buying the next 10x coin in May, Now!"

Making$$ everyday
Join drmikescointeam@yahoo.com
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:33:03 AM

Hey DASH community~

Great chart. My team is considering investing in a BIG way. Just need to see the plan for adoption. The plan for utility is good via the dash and ann features (and soon the 2FA); however, the actual business plan is hard to find. If I missed something, can a Sr member, point me in the correct direction? Just trying to determine the future usage rate plan to determine a fair price to buy.... Thanks in Advance.

GLTY

Thanks
Dr Mike

PM me
or
Follow me on Twitter:
Doctor Mike
@DrMikesCoinTeam

"My team is buying the next 10x coin in May, Now!"

No one really cares about you participating just to pump and dump.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:10:22 AM

Tante, you ask some excellent questions and give us much food for thought!

It may be helpful to put these things in context, though, by pointing out that nobody in the open source community has solved these issues. Up until very recently, one poorly-funded person was managing SSL. Countless Fortune 500 companies use SSL to make untold billions of dollars, but virtually none of them have ever invested a dime in the project. Even Linux--the backbone of many corporate systems around the world--is poorly funded and maintained largely by its creator (who is paid) and numerous volunteers.

If the open source projects that the entire IT community rely on are so poorly funded and maintained by amateur volunteers, it's not surprise that the open source crypto community should find that to be true as well.

Perhaps somebody who knows more about the open source movement and has worked with other open source projects can give us their thoughts on how to maintain Dash in a poorly-funded, post-Evan, volunteer-only world.

(N.B. One major difference between crypto and Linux or SSL is that the devs of crypto currencies usually own quite a bit of it, which means they are actually incentivized by the growth in value of their coin that results from their development efforts. If Evan hypothetically owned 100k Dash, he would be very motivated to continue full time on this project for a very long time, as his efforts will greatly increase the value of his holdings.)

Yah, but it's Andreas Antonopoulos's idea of a "Decentralized Autonomous Corporation" that has me excited.  I can see something like that .... making this all work! 

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:13:55 AM

I have a group of dev's that have been working on a service for over a year and just not getting around to growing the integration.   I've reached out Evan about the service and haven't heard back.   People say they want it easy but then they actually have to make the steps to become easy.   From my first day in crypto I HATED public keys.   They will always be the #1 turnoff for anyone.   As soon as they see them,  they turn off and move on.   Its just too confusing.    Before the great INET, we had BBS's and those BBSs had telephone numbers.   No one remembered the number but they remembered the name.    DNS for websites did the same and buying a domain name was might more expensive than today.    Now take that and apply it to crypto.    (Did I mention I HATE public keys.)

OneName.io ties, but I don't feel it has any legs.   Namecoin tried but thats really just the datastore and not the end game.   I've made investments in NMC, Ether, and MAIDSafe in hopes they will provide the backend for a fully distributed and easy to use datastore.   Right now, thats not the case.

I've created a service with a group of devs called "Vanikey".    Its pretty much a DNS for public keys and we can grow it from there.    Single Vanikey can be associated to ANY coin or hash and you can have just one Vanikey for many public keys for the same coin.    We built the service on an elastic infrastructure so we know it can scale but this is only short term,   it looks centralized but we hope to get it distributed as it grows.   Just about done with the SSL implementation...

Right now we implementing the service inside the Bitcoin QT wallet.    Just about done, totally secure, but this is just a demo of how we can use it.    John can pay Susan.   Pretty simple stuff.   We don't need EMAILS to mark our online identity..     We don't even need a username and password...   We just need something easy to use and understand.   

SO.  My ask.  I would like to use this service with DASH and get things moving.   Right now we charge to register a Vanikey ($6) but we can skip that for the DASH community.   We have developers that can help fill any holes or issues the group feels need to be fixed and we also have resources to help integrate the services into any other system that is out there.      We are also working with Factom as a 3rd party to show that any key served up by our services has not been modified.     

We can even use the DASH QT wallet to create the Vanikey so you never have to use our site.    Looking for the BEST solution for the end user.    Why can't John just pay Susan.   This whole Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA2p! pays Xazjg6a7dt7uUtE1FGhxaRAaSvR7QVA33 is just crap.    You don't have to stop being private when you want to but for god sakes, I'm just talking about your PUBLIC keys.   You have public keys on your tags and you sites have them as donation links.   these should all be readable and thats it.    I want to donate to the dash foundation.   ok,  send 5 DASH to DashFoundation.    simple.   

Please check out our site and our FAQ.   I'll be posting the QT wallet video and all the code required to integrate once complete.    Please reach out if you have questions.      This entire project had no funding and we have not asked for a dime.   Right now I'm looking for your thoughts on how to make things easier and if Vanikey feels like a fit, then we remove the cost of registering for Dash users,   we put some dev resources to help integrate it, and become the FIRST crypto to use a name lookup service that will work not only for one coin but for all coins.

Thanks guys.   website =  www.vanikey.com

hit me up,   Support@vanikey.com

Til later!    Also, I am happy to be a part of this community and have 7 MNs and very close to adding another 3.   

That is really cool!  I'm sure Evan is swampped, if you write to him, make sure your first sentence is simple, like "we have a way to put all account addresses under a user friendly name, to make cryptos easier to use for the public."  Then go on to explain it.  - Just my suggestion.  I think it's got to be hard for him to read all the emails he must get, though I'd bet he tries.  Still, he could have lost track of yours Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:23:14 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 02:46:47 AM by TanteStefana2

I think you need to add Vertoe taking over Cachecoin as a threat.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400389.2300  He has intimate knowledge of DASH, is an excellent developer, and is really angry with Evan.  Those three variables make them a huge threat to DASH in my opinion.

Certainly a competitor, a threat?  I wouldn't say that.  In my opinion, Vertoe has too myopic a view on cryptos. I think Evan's vision has shown itself to be quite amazing, and, though we have had some scaffolding to help us along the way, they've eventually been pulled, Things like closed source while DS was finalized (and yet it's been improved immensely since then) and our current reference node, which is one of the first things that they're trying to decentralize.  Vertoe was complaining about how DASH seems to be acting like a corporation.  But listen to Andreas Antonopoulos talk about "Decentralized Autonomous Corporations" and don't tell me you don't get a tingle up and down your spine!  This blockchain technology isn't only limited to currencies you know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGSePa9GwxA

Now I may be wrong about how Vertoe feels, I only know what I read from him.  But I see something so much bigger here, and it's only a matter of time before the development team sees this, or actually, they've undoubtedly thought of these things already.  

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:39:30 AM

Shocked ITS OVER Shocked
Dash scam has ran long enough, no fresh money because everyone has been burnt while big players here cashed out the btc..many times.

TANTE PLEASE STOP BEGGING FOR MORE FUNDS YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FROM DAY ONE, IM SURE YOU HAVE MADE PLENTY. WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW? DO YOU FEEL OTHER COINS ARE FUNDING THEIR DEV BETTER THAN DASH SUPPORTERS?
 PEOPLE ARE LOSING MONEY ON THIS SCAM AND YOU WANT MORE OF THEIR HARD EARNED CASH...WHY DONT YOU TELL YOUR DEV TEAM TO SELL SOME OF THE 600K COINS THEY GOT ....FROM DAY 1 !!! WHICH ARE USED TO PROP UP THE MN COUNT TO KEEP YOU GUYS HAPPY AND GIVE THE MN SCAM FREE FUNDS. VERY SAD SCENE HERE NOWADAYS WHEN ITS JUST THE SAME 4-5 PEOPLE POSTING OVER AND OVER.

I'm going to have to pay 0.5 coins to the foundation for this, but...

First off, I have 2 masternodes to my name.  I cash out my earnings every month to help pay my bills.  If I had had any experience at all when this started, aside from the 1 or 2 weeks prior when I first looked up Bitcoin, I would have known 1. how to compile the code, and 2. to rent VPS's and have them mine for me.  I managed 1400 coins, mining on my feeble computers with all my mistakes.  I bought the other 600.  So now you know my DASH holdings.  It's really all the savings that we have in the world aside from the equity in our home, which is luckily not in the red.  We live hand to mouth.  I can't work anymore, and so I do this as well as take care of my kids.  My husband is a writer, and it's been dry for quite a while now, but hopefully we'll get these YA novels selling eventually.(Steemjammer on Amazon if you want to take a look Wink )  We're learning sales and marketing as we go, and it's a lot harder than we thought it would be.

So now you know all about me.

As far as all your accusations, they are completely false.  If you actually believe in them, you're not very perceptive and can not distinguish between brilliance and scam, and I feel very bad for you and suggest you leave this crypto currency world, because otherwise, you will lose your shirt with decisions based on what you're saying.  If you're knowingly making these false accusatory statements, well then all I can say is you're a sad sad man. (er woman?)

oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:53:06 AM

... Just need to see the plan for adoption...

No one really cares about you participating just to pump and dump.

Anybody talking about adoption gets the benefit of the doubt in my book.  Innocent until proven guilty.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:30:33 AM

Dash is now the best time to release the animated video. Bitcoin is dying, being born from the ashes Dash. Please hurry up a little bit more ...

I think we have a reviewed script ready to go back to the video group.  We're working on it, honest! (I say we, and "we" are the DASH ambassador group, which anyone can join Wink

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:08:28 AM

Oh how sad!  I know why nobody is here!  They're out partying on a Friday night, and I have no life and sit here hoping someone will discuss DACs "Distributed Autonomous Corporations".  Sigh, I'm such an old geek.............. Cry Undecided Lips sealed Tongue

Welp, I'm gonna try and get some sleep ;P

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:32:08 AM

tantestefana dont let them bring you to their black hole Wink

hi my DASHers how you all doing?

hi FUDers how you all doing?

Roll Eyes

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Pages: « 1 ... 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 [4697] 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: