Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:12:25 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 10:26:32 PM by coins101

First draft of Darkcoin bounties

These are subject to change. Please suggest more and give me your feedback.

A quick explanation of how this will work: The "base bounty amount" is not the final bounty, it's a relative figure to make calculations easier. The base figure is adjusted depending on the actual donations we've received in the fundraiser. The "adjusted bounty amount" is what will actually be paid out.

TL/DR: Donate more, and all the bounties will go up!

*** PLEASE NOTE: Translation bounties will apply only to the new website, which is not yet launched! Expect it to be launched within a couple weeks. ***

Fundraising wallet: Xc8xGSP7FwWGPQpgw298z7NYdA8xJK8ooh

PM me your submissions with some kind of proof that it's your work. Some of these bounties are first-in-gets-paid, and some will go into a pool where the best will be judged to receive the bounty (these are marked as such below).

Bounty for explaining darksend in laymen's terms:

The introduction of digital cash enables payments to be made over the internet without the need to have a credit card or an online account of any sort with a merchant before you buy things.  People can also pay you directly, and you can buy the things you want all without having to open any sort of special bank account.

Just as you would use cash in a supermarket, you can now use digital cash online or via your phone with any merchant that accepts digital cash. And just like cash there is no one keeping a record of every penny you spend. That is how Darkcoin digital cash is used to pay for things and to receive cash from others which you can save or buy things with.

Getting started with Darkcoin is very easy and completely free. You do not have to ask permission or register any personal details. You just use the Darkcoin wallet on your phone, your tablet or your computer in the same way you would use an ordinary wallet or purse. The only difference is that the Darkcoin wallet is digital.

If you want to keep track of your online transactions for any reason, you can let the Darkcoin wallet leave an online record or everything you buy. But if you would rather keep your transactions private, just like using cash, all you have to do is use the DarkSend feature within your wallet.

Darkcoin is completely free and has no way to obtain your personal or location details for marketing things to you. Darkcoin will only ever receive a very small transaction payment from the merchants that use the digital cash service.

If you use it, keep the bounty for something else.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:44:08 PM

limlim. I will post tonight or tomorrow simple code to include on a website if you or anyone else wants that can be used for accepting drk donations similiar to the vertcoin site used here

also modified the donation button for anyone to stick on their pages.

I'll post when I put these up on github with links

i have darkbounties.com maybe we can make something cool :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:46:27 PM

Why not use both? Plenty of organizations have multiple versions of logos. When you need a little "icon-like" logo, use the vectorized flat logo. When you need it to be big and attention-drawing, use the 3D metallic logo. Honestly the current logo looks nice when it's huge, but considerably less so when it's scaled down like in the top corner here: http://darkcoin.us/io/

Also,
+1 for Latin phrase on the back!
-1 for putting Duffield's name. I mean no disrespect at all, but DarkCoin should be portrayed as standing for an abstract idea (privacy), rather than as a project. It has more gravitas that way.
watuba

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:08:36 PM

A quick explanation of how this will work: The "base bounty amount" is not the final bounty, it's a relative figure to make calculations easier. The base figure is adjusted depending on the actual donations we've received in the fundraiser. The "adjusted bounty amount" is what will actually be paid out.

*** PLEASE NOTE: Translation bounties will apply only to the new website, which is not yet launched! Expect it to be launched within a couple weeks. ***

PM me your submissions with some kind of proof that it's your work. Some of these bounties are first-in-gets-paid, and some will go into a pool where the best will be judged to receive the bounty (these are marked as such below).

To be honest, I'm a little ticked that this started out as "Bounty pool for marketing and branding" and now it's just "Darkcoin bounties" including bug reports etc.  I'm fine with that for now, if that's what the funds are most needed for at this point.  

But at some point, we need a REAL marketing pool, and it shouldn't be just spent on these incremental increases in value.  It should be spent on something AWESOME.  Marketing is an art, you don't just pay out a couple hundred bucks to make a slightly better website or translate to an additional language.  At least, that's not ultimately the best use of funds when you're ready for mass adoption.  Right now, this thread has ~171,000 page views.  That's great for now.  A liberal estimate means maybe 200,000 people have heard of Darkcoin.  All it takes is one good marketing play... one single thing that stands out, and you get over 10 million people that have now heard about your coin.  Doge has no technical use whatsoever and is far less interesting than DRK, but a brilliant marketing idea like donating $30k to the jamaiican bobsled team generates over 10 million views.  We need to find our own crazy marketing idea.  I'm not sure what exactly that is, but something that fits DRK and will get 10 million views based just on one single marketing effort.  This doesn't have to cost much, but it will take a decent chunk of any marketing pool and be worth way more than the sum of all of these incremental updates.  It could be something like a billboard.  You can rent out a billboard for a month that displays digital ads in a high traffic area along the freeway for under $1000/month.  This probably isn't the best fit for DRK, but someone has to get creative and figure out what that is.  

I'd be willing to donate 5 to 10x my previous contribution to a marketing pool with a real marketing idea like this.

tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

Price always stay within and never exceed 0.0016 BTC Smiley.
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:17:24 PM

At long last I finished the one-pager for Darkcoin.

You can see the doc here:
http://wowgwow.com/Darkcoin-one-pager.pdf
http://wowgwow.com/Darkcoin-one-pager.docx

From experience, having all the most processed and digested info on one-page makes it very easy for journalists, bloggers, readers etc. to tap in. I believe this will make our marketing efforts much easier.

Since neither English nor technology are my first "languages", please feel free to rephrase anything.

My 2cents.
If you can rephrase that in layman's terms (something new to crypto would understand, like analogies to common stuff - especially darksend), I'm more than happy to make an infographic out of it.
I tried to reach a balance between layman's terms for newbies, and more technical details for those seeking in-depth understanding. As for Darksend explanation, I copied what the devs gave... BUT i encourage you to do an infographics. The worst [best] that can happen is that you will get feedback and be able to make it better. Go ahead...

In the one pager, need to change spelling of COMPETITIVE.

I am happy to edit for professional English and good communication. I have done this for a number of currencies' sites and promotions. I understand aspects of Cryptos as well as being a writer... just let me know how.
With pleasure!
Simply open the word file [link above], correct whatever you find fit [if possible with 'track changes', but not a must], save, and send it back to me at:
info[at]one-pager.net

I will keep an updated version online with all the changes and corrections people give.

chompyZ, the implementation of DarkSend since beta v3 is different than what's described here. Now Payer 1 wouldn't send 55.30 DRK, but instead send exactly 100 DRK to the pool. So would payers 2, 3, 4, and so on. Their intended recipients get the exact amount from the combined pool with the appropriate change sent back to each sender to one of their hidden address. See the image in the first post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4585001#msg4585001). This is a much higher quality of anonymity than the previous implementation.
gizz_

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:23:44 PM

http://www.drkpool.com/ SUCKING LIKE HELL .... 20 Orphaned shares since yesterday
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:25:32 PM

http://www.drkpool.com/ SUCKING LIKE HELL .... 20 Orphaned shares since yesterday

I've noticed the same :/  . Just 5 mins ago checked to see if it had improved and no.   Huh
gizz_

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

i switch to a p2p pool or so... www.drkpool.com sucks...
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

To be honest, I'm a little ticked that this started out as "Bounty pool for marketing and branding" and now it's just "Darkcoin bounties" including bug reports etc.  I'm fine with that for now, if that's what the funds are most needed for at this point.  

But at some point, we need a REAL marketing pool, and it shouldn't be just spent on these incremental increases in value.  It should be spent on something AWESOME.  Marketing is an art, you don't just pay out a couple hundred bucks to make a slightly better website or translate to an additional language.  At least, that's not ultimately the best use of funds when you're ready for mass adoption.  Right now, this thread has ~171,000 page views.  That's great for now.  A liberal estimate means maybe 200,000 people have heard of Darkcoin.  All it takes is one good marketing play... one single thing that stands out, and you get over 10 million people that have now heard about your coin.  Doge has no technical use whatsoever and is far less interesting than DRK, but a brilliant marketing idea like donating $30k to the jamaiican bobsled team generates over 10 million views.  We need to find our own crazy marketing idea.  I'm not sure what exactly that is, but something that fits DRK and will get 10 million views based just on one single marketing effort.  This doesn't have to cost much, but it will take a decent chunk of any marketing pool and be worth way more than the sum of all of these incremental updates.  It could be something like a billboard.  You can rent out a billboard for a month that displays digital ads in a high traffic area along the freeway for under $1000/month.  This probably isn't the best fit for DRK, but someone has to get creative and figure out what that is.  

I'd be willing to donate 5 to 10x my previous contribution to a marketing pool with a real marketing idea like this.

It’s not in the list of bounties but I think it’s essential we have the following as soon as possible to attract the interest of the media (I’m a journalist so I feel confident about this!)

1.   A considerable mailing list of journalists/newspapers/blogs, especially ones that have run features/news on Bitcoin in the past
2.   A suite of professional press releases (this should be an ongoing project with press releases sent at every milestone)
3.   One of the first releases should include a story about someone buying something anonymously with DRK. Most of the general news coverage about Bitcoin these days is either about security breaches at exchanges or merchants beginning to accept BTC/someone buying something unusual with BTC. We probably want the latter at the moment, with a focus on how the buyer was able to purchase anonymously

Sorry about harping on about media but I really want to see DRK succeed! I wrote an early draft media release which could be updated for the first release (http://pastebin.com/HjrXLCfg) and made a start at the mailing list (http://pastebin.com/DMWjmqG2)
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:42:27 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 02:29:03 AM by P2PHash

Now with Cryptsy price displayed Smiley
Address: drk.p2phash.com

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Fee: only 0.5%
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:7903 and use the Darkcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 11:49:46 PM

Sorry, yeah it has sucked. I think I fixed it though. The wallet wasn't connected to enough other clients.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
hrt

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:56:15 PM

Guys my account on Lotterymining.com/drk is LOCKED!?  Cry

I was switching to hidden mode... after that i got kicked and Account Locked

WTF? should i stop hashing... i'm arround 7 Mhash/s
i blocked u because u have low growth in hashing rate. see my video and stop talking about hashrate. I annihilated miners here by huge reaps, that's will rise me to the moon.

i dunno if you are admin or what... but i don't understand what are you talking about... i have coins there...

what video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWs6ayupAw

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:56:23 PM

I converted the current coin to eps.

Do we not like this design? Do we want to change the logo again?

Here are the links:
http://darkcoin.io/img/DarkCoin%20Logo.png
http://darkcoin.io/img/DarkCoin%20Logo.eps

That is much better I have to admit it. Simply wanted to see if people could whip up something amazing when motivated by the bounty. Professional designers especially sometimes can blow your mind.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:56:37 PM

So, I've been MIA.  Errr... What's happening?   Cheesy

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Ra1

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:58:12 PM

+1

I am thinking something to do with Edward Snowden might be interesting. If that story had just broke and we were raising funds for him in DRK it would be perfect. The bit about the DRK fundraising would have piggy backed on all the press about him. It's less topical now though. Maybe getting the Snowden Defense Fund to accept Darkcoin would be some news?

If there is ever an individual whose privacy is violated and it becomes national news, fundraising for them may work.

Evan said (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5184431#msg5184431) he would be speaking at the Cryptocurrency Convention on April 9th but don't see him on the speakers list. If there's anything we can do to support him in that or getting similar speaking opportunities I think it is the best use of funds/time in liu of a brilliant marketing idea.

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

+1

I am thinking something to do with Edward Snowden might be interesting. If that story had just broke and we were raising funds for him in DRK it would be perfect. The bit about the DRK fundraising would have piggy backed on all the press about him. It's less topical now though. Maybe getting the Snowden Defense Fund to accept Darkcoin would be some news?

If there is ever an individual whose privacy is violated and it becomes national news, fundraising for them may work.

Evan said (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5184431#msg5184431) he would be speaking at the Cryptocurrency Convention on April 9th but don't see him on the speakers list. If there's anything we can do to support him in that or getting similar speaking opportunities I think it is the best use of funds/time in liu of a brilliant marketing idea.

He's not speaking there anymore. It's quite small apparently. Honestly, the biggest hype right now is around www.coinsumm.it in San Francisco. If Evan could speak there, that would be amazing.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:03:59 AM

It’s not in the list of bounties but I think it’s essential we have the following as soon as possible to attract the interest of the media (I’m a journalist so I feel confident about this!)

1.   A considerable mailing list of journalists/newspapers/blogs, especially ones that have run features/news on Bitcoin in the past
2.   A suite of professional press releases (this should be an ongoing project with press releases sent at every milestone)
3.   One of the first releases should include a story about someone buying something anonymously with DRK. Most of the general news coverage about Bitcoin these days is either about security breaches at exchanges or merchants beginning to accept BTC/someone buying something unusual with BTC. We probably want the latter at the moment, with a focus on how the buyer was able to purchase anonymously

Sorry about harping on about media but I really want to see DRK succeed! I wrote an early draft media release which could be updated for the first release (http://pastebin.com/HjrXLCfg) and made a start at the mailing list (http://pastebin.com/DMWjmqG2)

Cool....I'm donating another 25 DRK!!! Holy crap....I'm donate happy these days!!!! LOL

PS: Can LimLims update us as to what our fund is at?  I want to donate more....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:04:56 AM

i blocked u because u have low growth in hashing rate. see my video and stop talking about hashrate. I annihilated miners here by huge reaps, that's will rise me to the moon.

i dunno if you are admin or what... but i don't understand what are you talking about... i have coins there...

what video??

can anyone explain what this guy is saying or what his video means?  I'm in the dark???  He certainly is not the administrator, that's CHAOSiTEC

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:13:23 AM

what video??

can anyone explain what this guy is saying or what his video means?  I'm in the dark???  He certainly is not the administrator, that's CHAOSiTEC

It's just some mealy faced 13 year old punk trying to get some attention.  Just ignore it like everyone else.
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: