Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:20:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 [3190] 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:01:43 PM

Hey guys,

i have a new update from Kraken support :

William (Kraken Support)
Oct 08 07:48

Hi Yannick,

I forwarded your crowdfunding idea to upper management, and they have let me know that while your offer is highly appreciated, we are not currently interested in adding more digital currencies. We may want to add darkcoin in the future, but the trading volume would need to be considerably higher than it is today. If you notice that the trade volume increases by 5 or 10 times what it is today, please get back to me and I will once again suggest your crowdfunding idea to my senior officers. I will leave this support ticket open for three months, just to make sure you have a direct line of communication to me. Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do at this time. Thanks a lot for getting in touch. We really appreciate it. Have a nice week.

Best,

William
Kraken Support

Guess that's some good news...

No it's not really good news. Darkcoin will not have 5-10 times more volume as there are too many coins held by supporters and kept in masternodes. And there is a plan to double the masternode amount Wink

Doesn't matter... quit thinking in whole coin terms. If there is only 1M coins floated with the other outstanding tied up, the value per coin should be much higher and as such, require more BTC to buy each coin.

I wish I could beat every idiot gibbering about liquidity and volume to death with a great big decimal fucking point.  Grin

But that fucking decimal point depends on liquidity in the first place. And liquidity means market-cap!  right?
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:02:34 PM

The trolls are out in force again. Bullish indicator? Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=816141

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:04:11 PM

Hi,

I get this error when I'm trying to send payments:

Unable to locate enough Darksend denominated funds for this transaction"

I'm only using the linux daemon and not trying to use Darksend....

What's up? This only started with the last update.

Sounds like you are trying to send anon'd funds that aren't there from going through the DS+ process. Darksend disabled? Funds sent non-anon'd/no preference?

I've not specified anything to use DarkSend and I don't think it's enabled... unless it is by default?? I'm only using the RPC/CLI and the sendmany command.

Sendmany is fixed in the next release

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:12:38 PM

Hi,

Sounds like you are trying to send anon'd funds that aren't there from going through the DS+ process. Darksend disabled? Funds sent non-anon'd/no preference?

I've not specified anything to use DarkSend and I don't think it's enabled... unless it is by default?? I'm only using the RPC/CLI and the sendmany command.

I cant anonymize any funds since the update.

Darksend request incomplete, masternode queue is full.

In the debug.log i got ProcessMessage(dseep, 116 bytes) Failed,  dseep Signature rejected, too far in the past and dsee - got mismatched pubkey vin.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Hi,

Is there an ETA for this? Darkcoin Multipool payouts are on hold until this is fixed....

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:15:48 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

I forwarded your crowdfunding idea to upper management, and they have let me know that while your offer is highly appreciated, we are not currently interested in adding more digital currencies. We may want to add darkcoin in the future, but the trading volume would need to be considerably higher than it is today. If you notice that the trade volume increases by 5 or 10 times what it is today, please get back to me and I will once again suggest your crowdfunding idea to my senior officers. I will leave this support ticket open for three months, just to make sure you have a direct line of communication to me. Unfortunately, there's nothing more I can do at this time. Thanks a lot for getting in touch. We really appreciate it. Have a nice week.

Best,

William
Kraken Support

No it's not really good news. Darkcoin will not have 5-10 times more volume as there are too many coins held by supporters and kept in masternodes. And there is a plan to double the masternode amount Wink

Doesn't matter... quit thinking in whole coin terms. If there is only 1M coins floated with the other outstanding tied up, the value per coin should be much higher and as such, require more BTC to buy each coin.

I wish I could beat every idiot gibbering about liquidity and volume to death with a great big decimal fucking point.  Grin

But that fucking decimal point depends on liquidity in the first place. And liquidity means market-cap!  right?

No it doesn't, at all Huh

Liquidity is how many coins are available on the market, it has nothing to do with total market cap.

When people bitch about liquidity, what they mean is, "I can't buy as many coins as I want on the cheap, waa waa waa."
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

kraken supports ripple... and btc is xbt???   fuk kraken, we dont need them or want them

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:19:51 PM

I eat sperm.

Hahhah did you post from the wrong shill account again?

This is my last post.  shojayxt will self destruct in 30 seconds.

Haha it was another shojayxt's puppets:

He quickly deleted the post after realizing he posted it using the wrong account.

Okay you caught me.  Big fucking deal.  90% of the people posting are using multiple accounts and you know it.

But I see that you're trying to change the subject.  You want this to be about me and not the EXPLOIT FOUND in DARKCOIN BY AN AMATUER IN A COUPLE HOURS.  I understand that and I understand your reasons why.  

darkcoin is a failed technology and that fact is becoming more and more apparent to more and more people.  

You can attack me all you want. I don't care.  

Bottom line is that darkcoin is likely full of exploits.  

You can't sweep this under the rug and changing the subject isn't going to work because this isn't going away.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

Liquidity is how many coins are available on the market, it has nothing to do with market cap.

When people bitch about liquidity, what they mean is, "I can't buy as many coins as I want on the cheap, waa waa waa."

I disagree....  liquidity is a measure of how much btc (or usd) you can put in and get out without change the price too much..

for darkcoin, it is the amount traded as a measure of bitcoins. a decimal point moved does NOT affect this.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 05:20:39 PM

.....  fuk kraken, we dont need them or want them

Fuck that...

I need my kraken, especially since sendmany is broke!!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

Nobody is willing to dump money into this shitcoin
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:22:32 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

Liquidity is how many coins are available on the market, it has nothing to do with market cap.

Yeah, but since there is no minimal denomination (hence the decimal point)... liquidity is a product of how much money is flowing around, and not locked away. So since we can effectively buy 0,0001 DRK ... then liquidity is a factor not of price in itself, but the market cap invested in it, and traded around.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

.....  fuk kraken, we dont need them or want them

Fuck that...

I need my kraken, especially since sendmany is broke!!

+1 for Kraken. Solid solid outfit.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:24:53 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

I disagree....  liquidity is a measure of how much btc (or usd) you can put in and get out without change the price too much..

for darkcoin, it is the amount traded as a measure of bitcoins. a decimal point moved does NOT affect this.

Liquidity != stability, and you've still not grasped the decimal point thing. You can trade billions of duffs without changing the spot price much.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

I don't know if anybody's thought about this, but the "market cap" of Darkcoin should maybe strictly speaking not include the coins that are out of circulation tied up in masternodes because they are no longer part of the coin supply while they are performing a network technical function. We can't really have it both ways since the valuation of the currency at any given moment applies to the network infrastructure WITH its attendant masternode service.

This fact is even acknowledged in Evan's original strategy - taking coins out of the supply is supposed to boost the price which has a stabilising effect on the masternode population. But the "taking coins out of the supply" action should decrease the market cap even if it increases the price because market cap is a function of coin supply.

I'm just flagging this up at the moment because right now coinmarketcap.com lets us have our cake and eat it by letting us count the full 4.7 million as being in circulation, even though 1 million of them are not. That would put us down at 8.6M instead of 10.6M. Looked at another way, if those 1 million coins were to be counted as part of the supply then the network should be valued (as far as marketcap is concerned) as masternode-less (i.e. no anonymity service).

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:46:18 PM

I don't know if anybody's thought about this, but the "market cap" of Darkcoin should maybe strictly speaking not include the coins that are out of circulation tied up in masternodes because they are no longer part of the coin supply while they are performing a network technical function. We can't really have it both ways since the valuation of the currency at any given moment applies to the network infrastructure WITH its attendant masternode service.

This fact is even acknowledged in Evan's original strategy - taking coins out of the supply is supposed to boost the price which has a stabilising effect on the masternode population. But the "taking coins out of the supply" action should decrease the market cap even if it increases the price because market cap is a function of coin supply.

I'm just flagging this up at the moment because right now coinmarketcap.com lets us have our cake and eat it by letting us count the full 4.7 million as being in circulation, even though 1 million of them are not. That would put us down at 8.6M instead of 10.6M. Looked at another way, if those 1 million coins were to be counted as part of the supply then the network should be valued (as far as marketcap is concerned) as masternode-less (i.e. no anonymity service).

How are coins in Masternodes any more 'out of circulation' than the 400000 DRK in No.1's wallet? Or the coins in anyone's wallet? Because that's all a Masternode is, just 1000DRK in a wallet and a static IP.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:50:23 PM

Oh good grief.  You can't reduce coins from market cap because they are in wallets for masternodes.  Those coins can still be sold and put back into circulation at anytime.  Sounds like you want to use fuzzy math and accounting tricks.  The amount of coins in circulation is what has been mined to date.  You can't now say that masternode wallet coins should not be counted.  But whatever.  Nothing you darkcoin cult members do or say surprises me anymore.  It's obvious that reality is an alternate universe to you guys.

But enough of changing the subject.

WHAT ABOUT THAT DARKCOIN EXPLOIT THAT JUST OCCURRED?

You're going to need to get a bigger rug.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

How are coins in Masternodes any more 'out of supply' than the 400000 DRK in No.1's wallet? Or the coins in anyone's wallet? Because that's all a Masternode is, just 1000DRK in a wallet and a static IP.

Because they're performing an essential network function which the coins in a regular wallet are not. They therefore cease to be "currency" and take on a technical role instead.

On the other hand, if you moved a load of regular coins from a wallet to an exchange and put them on the market, the nature of the "product" that those coins represent wouldn't have changed at all. Do that with masternode wallets and there's no product anymore.

I'm not saying one way or the other is the "right way" to look at it. I'm just pointing out that analysts who quantify Darkcoin's value in terms of market cap could choose to take one view or the other. For example if, one day, the guy that runs the coinmarketcap.com website decided that masternode holdings did not form part of the coin supply for the purposes of market cap, there wouldn't be much we could do about it. (Because the whole point of taking them out of the supply was to boost the price so he might regard them as being "out of the supply" for the purposes of marketcap calculation as well).

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:54:51 PM

Liquidity is not a big deal here?  wow lol

Anyway guess what Darkcoin supporters!! There are CHEAP DARKCOIN's on MINTPAL right now at .01...clearly someone want's to get out but it's YOUR  chance! GET RICH soon this coin will be over the MOON!!!! $20 easy!!

around 14,000 coins each for LESS than $3.5!

Darkcoin has a great Dev who always delivers.

Ignition is a rich guy why don't you get it?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Hey guys,

William (Kraken Support)

Hi Yannick,

Best,

William
Kraken Support

Liquidity != stability, and you've still not grasped the decimal point thing. You can trade billions of duffs without changing the spot price much.

Not disagreeing at all ! My point is all about the decimal point. For example, EUR are rounded to 0.01, can't really go below that in most cases. That mean that liquidity is capped by the lack of decimal point.

If we have 1000000 BTC daily volume trading at 0.00001 DRK ... then we have heaps loads of liquidity.

When 25% of the total current volume available is locked into MN's alone, then there is no market liquidity, because people aren't trading as much. When DRK get adopted merchant wise, and/or D+ picks up... then the massive influx of EUR/USD -> DRK will create liquidity, exactly because of the decimal point.

Liquidity is a factor of quantity of trades available and moving round. Since we can use the decimal at will, then it all comes down to market cap, IMHO.

But all in all I know jack-shit about finance, so I do appreciate some tutoring.
Pages: « 1 ... 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 [3190] 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: