Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:07:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:26:28 PM

Darkcoin just jumped two places up with 9.2% increase to secure the 5th spot on coinmarketcap.com.

I look at charts like this and remember Krisov Atlas' rant about why the hell LTC was worth anything at all, and remember thinking at the time that everything he was deriding LTC for could equally well be applied to BTC.

DRK wins on all technical fronts, and the lead is growing. We just haven't told the people who matter (enough) about it yet.

Shhhhhh I need more masternodes...  Cool

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:38:17 PM

Darkcoin just jumped two places up with 9.2% increase to secure the 5th spot on coinmarketcap.com.

I look at charts like this and remember Krisov Atlas' rant about why the hell LTC was worth anything at all, and remember thinking at the time that everything he was deriding LTC for could equally well be applied to BTC.

DRK wins on all technical fronts, and the lead is growing. We just haven't told the people who matter (enough) about it yet.

Shhhhhh I need more masternodes...  Cool

It could be cool to reduce the amount of DRK to set up a Masternode !

I don't have enought buck to buy 1000 DRK(6BTC, 2280$ )

Reduce it 2x,and I could buy ,not only me,but a bunch of people that doesn't have 2k$ right now
7vpo

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:39:50 PM

Sweet dreams ...
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 02:40:25 PM

For anyone who's interested, a sneak peak at the next release of Darkcoin:

TLDR:

- Next release will go out in the next two days probably, I'm going with the community and calling it "The Onyx Release"
- It features mandatory, non-exploitable Masternode payments.
- Masternode payments are completely predictable now. I.e., if there's 2000 masternodes you can expect 1 payment every 4 days (divide the amount of nodes by the blocks per day to get your ROI).
- Masternode payments will go to 25% one week from release (non-manditory)
- Afterwards I encourage the community to find the pools still paying 20% and contact them to make sure they update their stratum before it's too late
- Masternode payments beyond that will increase to 30% in November, 35% in December and continue on until we get at least 3000 masternodes.
- Huge security updates to Darksend. It's much more robust and can take a beating.

It's a true proof-of-service setup now. Each new node has a 1 in N (total number of masternodes) chance of receiving a payment each block. After a payment, they must wait N blocks to receive another one (give or take 10%). There's no room for gaming the system because it's using math based off of the proof-of-work to prove the node won, plus you'd have to wait 15 confirmations each time you moved money around and that takes from your profit too.

Will enforcement be turned on for future increase in block reward? or will this be goodwill based? this is not really clear to me cuz of the 'non-mandatory'

Great work otherwise

Greetz

With the new system reward increases and payee are enforced.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

Reduce it 2x,and I could buy ,not only me,but a bunch of people that doesn't have 2k$ right now

It's not going to happen. Your best bet is a masternode share group.
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:49:36 PM

TLDR:

- Next release will go out in the next two days probably, I'm going with the community and calling it "The Onyx Release"
- Masternode payments are completely predictable now. I.e., if there's 2000 masternodes you can expect 1 payment every 4 days (divide the amount of nodes by the blocks per day to get your ROI).
- Afterwards I encourage the community to find the pools still paying 20% and contact them to make sure they update their stratum before it's too late
- Masternode payments beyond that will increase to 30% in November, 35% in December and continue on until we get at least 3000 masternodes.
- Huge security updates to Darksend. It's much more robust and can take a beating.

It's a true proof-of-service setup now. Each new node has a 1 in N (total number of masternodes) chance of receiving a payment each block. After a payment, they must wait N blocks to receive another one (give or take 10%). There's no room for gaming the system because it's using math based off of the proof-of-work to prove the node won, plus you'd have to wait 15 confirmations each time you moved money around and that takes from your profit too.

Will enforcement be turned on for future increase in block reward? or will this be goodwill based? this is not really clear to me cuz of the 'non-mandatory'

Great work otherwise

Greetz

Is there a reason to aim for 3k Masternodes?

Any future plan that requires as many, or just decentralized objective?
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:49:51 PM

Shhhhhh I need more masternodes...  Cool

I posted this chart so that trolls get irritated and start to dump their darks Wink Then everyone could sweep the cheap coins fast, just like we did today and yesterday.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:54:41 PM

One reason is security - the more there are masternodes, the harder it is for an adversary to buy / hack a meaningful percentage.

And when we have overtaken bitcoin, and drk is the new world currency and everyone is using it except for shojayxt, we need more nodes to be able to serve all that traffic.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:02:25 PM

Advertise for partners on darkcointalk - I did and now run two more masternodes that I have shares in, earning me money that I wouldn't otherwise have been earning.

Or try flare's new service: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/service-masternode-hosting-service.2648/#post-25071
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:06:00 PM

sound quite interesting,thanks! Smiley
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 03:18:01 PM

Shhhhhh I need more masternodes...  Cool

I posted this chart so that trolls get irritated and start to dump their darks Wink Then everyone could sweep the cheap coins fast, just like we did today and yesterday.

DRK position in http://coinmarketcap.com/ is #8

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:24:45 PM

TLDR:

Great work otherwise

Greetz

security !
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

And when we have overtaken bitcoin, and drk is the new world currency and everyone is using it except for shojayxt, we need more nodes to be able to serve all that traffic.
I'm not so sure your shojayxt claim. He is putting up a masternode soon. We may have turned a corner...OMG, unignore shojayxt? What the hell is happening here?

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:36:58 PM

I'm not so sure your shojayxt claim. He is putting up a masternode soon. We may have turned a corner...OMG, unignore shojayxt? What the hell is happening here?

He's ran a masternode before. I'm sure he'll be taking it down though when price rises similar to what happened before.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:40:32 PM

TLDR:

Great work otherwise

Greetz

Mr Duffield,

I was going to send you a PM but I thought it better that everyone read this.

I have allowed my petty arguments with a few individuals to spill over into attacks on Darkcoin.  For that I apologize.  

Also, I am going to decline taking your 1000 DRK bet.  I gave a friend a few btc to look through the code.  If anything is found I'll send you the details.  But realistically, we don't have the time or desire to spend on this.  Like I said, I allowed my arguments with a few individuals to turn into an attack on your coin.  

I'm done being negative towards Darkcoin.  Darkcoin was the first coin I mined and the first coin I got involved with after a friend introduced me to Crypto last January/February.  I actually feel bad for the way I've treated it.  

So I'm back in!  Setting up one masternode maybe more in the future.  We'll see.  I am going to support rather than attack Darkcoin from here on out.

Cryptsy just sent me my DRK!  Masternode within the hour!

shojayxt
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:41:53 PM

People change
bertlebbert

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:47:33 PM

TLDR:

Great work otherwise

Greetz

Mr Duffield,

I was going to send you a PM but I thought it better that everyone read this.

I have allowed my petty arguments with a few individuals to spill over into attacks on Darkcoin.  For that I apologize.  

Also, I am going to decline taking your 1000 DRK bet.  I gave a friend a few btc to look through the code.  If anything is found I'll send you the details.  But realistically, we don't have the time or desire to spend on this.  Like I said, I allowed my arguments with a few individuals to turn into an attack on your coin.  

I'm done being negative towards Darkcoin.  Darkcoin was the first coin I mined and the first coin I got involved with after a friend introduced me to Crypto last January/February.  I actually feel bad for the way I've treated it.  

So I'm back in!  Setting up one masternode maybe more in the future.  We'll see.  I am going to support rather than attack Darkcoin from here on out.

Cryptsy just sent me my DRK!  Masternode within the hour!

shojayxt

Good for you shojayxt!  Smiley
etoque
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:49:20 PM

People change

Wow guys, something big coming if troll stop trollin and get in
karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 03:50:54 PM

People change

Welcome back  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:55:54 PM

One reason is security - the more there are masternodes, the harder it is for an adversary to buy / hack a meaningful percentage.

Edit: I didn't see Shojayxt's post until someone quoted it...

Shojayxt I give you 2 weeks, you can't help yourself, you love to hate DRK ;p

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Pages: « 1 ... 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 [3232] 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: