Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722708 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:56:43 PM

And when we have overtaken bitcoin, and drk is the new world currency and everyone is using it except for shojayxt, we need more nodes to be able to serve all that traffic.
I'm not so sure your shojayxt claim. He is putting up a masternode soon. We may have turned a corner...OMG, unignore shojayxt? What the hell is happening here?

People change

Wow guys, something big coming if troll stop trollin and get in

Please make that the last time you call me a troll.

Thanks  Wink
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:57:11 PM

Is there a reason to aim for 3k Masternodes?

Any future plan that requires as many, or just decentralized objective?

One reason is security - the more there are masternodes, the harder it is for an adversary to buy / hack a meaningful percentage.

And when we have overtaken bitcoin, and drk is the new world currency and everyone is using it except for shojayxt, we need more nodes to be able to serve all that traffic.

ROTFLMAO

Ditto
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

Unignored!

Mr Duffield,

I was going to send you a PM but I thought it better that everyone read this.

I have allowed my petty arguments with a few individuals to spill over into attacks on Darkcoin.  For that I apologize.  

Also, I am going to decline taking your 1000 DRK bet.  I gave a friend a few btc to look through the code.  If anything is found I'll send you the details.  But realistically, we don't have the time or desire to spend on this.  Like I said, I allowed my arguments with a few individuals to turn into an attack on your coin.  

I'm done being negative towards Darkcoin.  Darkcoin was the first coin I mined and the first coin I got involved with after a friend introduced me to Crypto last January/February.  I actually feel bad for the way I've treated it.  

So I'm back in!  Setting up one masternode maybe more in the future.  We'll see.  I am going to support rather than attack Darkcoin from here on out.

Cryptsy just sent me my DRK!  Masternode within the hour!

shojayxt

Good for you and welcome back! Smiley

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:57:58 PM

I'm not so sure your shojayxt claim. He is putting up a masternode soon. We may have turned a corner...OMG, unignore shojayxt? What the hell is happening here?

People change
Awesome. Step into the DRK.  Cool

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:58:30 PM

Shojay just don't write 14 times every page, no one wants to read someones name next to every single comment. And you have to prove yourself not to be a troll before you go telling people what to call you.
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:01:28 PM

For anyone who's interested, a sneak peak at the next release of Darkcoin:

TLDR:

- Next release will go out in the next two days probably, I'm going with the community and calling it "The Onyx Release"
- It features mandatory, non-exploitable Masternode payments.
- Masternode payments are completely predictable now. I.e., if there's 2000 masternodes you can expect 1 payment every 4 days (divide the amount of nodes by the blocks per day to get your ROI).
- Masternode payments will go to 25% one week from release (non-manditory)
- Afterwards I encourage the community to find the pools still paying 20% and contact them to make sure they update their stratum before it's too late
- Masternode payments beyond that will increase to 30% in November, 35% in December and continue on until we get at least 3000 masternodes.
- Huge security updates to Darksend. It's much more robust and can take a beating.

It's a true proof-of-service setup now. Each new node has a 1 in N (total number of masternodes) chance of receiving a payment each block. After a payment, they must wait N blocks to receive another one (give or take 10%). There's no room for gaming the system because it's using math based off of the proof-of-work to prove the node won, plus you'd have to wait 15 confirmations each time you moved money around and that takes from your profit too.

Will enforcement be turned on for future increase in block reward? or will this be goodwill based? this is not really clear to me cuz of the 'non-mandatory'

Great work otherwise

Greetz

With the new system reward increases and payee are enforced.

Mr Duffield,

I have allowed my petty arguments with a few individuals to spill over into attacks on Darkcoin.  For that I apologize.  

Also, I am going to decline taking your 1000 DRK bet.  I gave a friend a few btc to look through the code.  If anything is found I'll send you the details.  But realistically, we don't have the time or desire to spend on this.  Like I said, I allowed my arguments with a few individuals to turn into an attack on your coin.  

I'm done being negative towards Darkcoin.  Darkcoin was the first coin I mined and the first coin I got involved with after a friend introduced me to Crypto last January/February.  I actually feel bad for the way I've treated it.  

So I'm back in!  Setting up one masternode maybe more in the future.  We'll see.  I am going to support rather than attack Darkcoin from here on out.

shojayxt

Please refrain yourself from unconstructive attacks in the future and mindless fights with other individuals.
But I also hope that the DRK hardliners here will show more openness to thoughtful and measured criticism, by not calling people names and trolls when they do not show systematic blissful optimism.
Welcome back.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:03:43 PM

On another note whoever does the social media for darkcoin should make a acct for coinblab.com

we are on coin lab since 10 days
please join !!

Ok sorry I signed up and looked for a darkcoin page but couldn't find it. Sorry about the confusion
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:06:18 PM

TLDR:

- Next release will go out in the next two days probably, I'm going with the community and calling it "The Onyx Release"
- Masternode payments are completely predictable now. I.e., if there's 2000 masternodes you can expect 1 payment every 4 days (divide the amount of nodes by the blocks per day to get your ROI).
- Afterwards I encourage the community to find the pools still paying 20% and contact them to make sure they update their stratum before it's too late
- Masternode payments beyond that will increase to 30% in November, 35% in December and continue on until we get at least 3000 masternodes.
- Huge security updates to Darksend. It's much more robust and can take a beating.

It's a true proof-of-service setup now. Each new node has a 1 in N (total number of masternodes) chance of receiving a payment each block. After a payment, they must wait N blocks to receive another one (give or take 10%). There's no room for gaming the system because it's using math based off of the proof-of-work to prove the node won, plus you'd have to wait 15 confirmations each time you moved money around and that takes from your profit too.

Will enforcement be turned on for future increase in block reward? or will this be goodwill based? this is not really clear to me cuz of the 'non-mandatory'

Great work otherwise

Greetz

Mr Duffield,

shojayxt

Please refrain yourself from unconstructive attacks in the future and mindless fights with other individuals.
But I also hope that the DRK hardliners here will show more openness to thoughtful and measured criticism, by not calling people names and trolls when they do not show systematic blissful optimism.
Welcome back.

Shojay Simpson
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

TLDR:

Great work otherwise

Greetz

Mr Duffield,

shojayxt

Ah, good. This is the shojayxt I love to read. I don't know how long this new "personality" will last, but it really doesn't concern me. Your posts never bothered me much, except when they got kinda spammy (5+ in a row); they just weren't enjoyable to read.

When you first started running a masternode some months ago, the surrounding discussion really made my day (I found it absolutely hilarious, + all the DRK supporters shouting you down made it all the better).
If you're actually being genuine about this, I imagine some members will have a difficult time accepting you, but I try to not hold grudges. Smiley This is the internet after all.
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

I also hope we can get along (since i guess i was one of the reasons you dumped a ton). I am trying to help the DRK community with my projects.

If you have ideas to make my projects better, feel free to share.

God Bless DRK  Grin

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

12038+ single buy order on Cryptsy @ 0.0058 Shocked
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:28:54 PM

You must be bipolar.

And I cant believe anyone would cheer you for your recent "conversion to DRK".

Months on end spamming this thread and being a troll, blatantly, stupidly, ignorant and pathetic, spreading FUD and down right lies and misinformation, basically painting the walls with your crap.

If that was an attempt to drop the price to get in, I truly think you're pathetic enough to actually believe your spamming caused some effect.
 But... since true DRK's are wise and sensible, I am willing to make this my last post praising your qualities.

Stop foddering nonsense and restrain your grey fecal matter, and one day, we might actually have a proper dialogue.
 But I doubt you understood half of what reads through these straight lines.

Only time can be the true judge.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:37:53 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 04:58:47 PM by KryptoFoo

Peace and love in the bitcointalk thread... I give it 24 hours

edit: sorry for that annoying gif
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

eeeyyooo now that's a buy order!!!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

I'm done being negative towards Darkcoin.....I am going to support rather than attack Darkcoin from here on out.

LoL ! Chameleon in full flow. Lets put this sudden "dovishness" into its appropriate context:

My favorites change depending on the amount of profit they generate.

Just being honest.

Indeed. When shojayxt is needing coins, this is his approach to optimising his buy-in point (check dates):

This is exactly what's going to happen when you have a centralized network of nodes and a bunch of convoluted spaghetti code keeping everything running.  The darkcoin masternode network is nothing but an overcomplicated clusterfuck of a mess.  darkcoin is already outdated.  Anonymity on the blockchain is the path forward.  Not a screwed up centralized masternode network which is nothing more than a way for the drk instaminers and other large holders to continue to generate income. 

It won't be long before another exploit is discovered in the darkcoin code.  It's not a matter of if but when.

darkcoins time has come and gone.  This pump and dump scam is running out of gas.

I thought that they paid for a code review?  It is now blatantly obvious that the purpose of the code review was nothing more than a way to try and hype the coin so that people could dump their coins while they claimed they were buying and were working feverishly to get others to buy while at the same time they were dumping what they could.

darkcoin isn't a coin.  darkcoin is a cult.  Just look through the darkcoin thread.  One guy even goes as far as to give the hacker kudos for exposing the bug that allowed him to hack the masternode network and get free drk. 

They don't have a big enough rug to sweep all this shit under.

I don't know much about NEOS but it's obvious that darkcoin is a failure and more and more people are realizing that everyday.

lol they are all sucking the hackers dick on the thread lol, with Monero there is not even an exploit and we say fuck you to the "attacker" Grin

It's pathetic isn't it?  They are actually thanking the hacker for finding an exploit that took him two hours to find.  Some even gave him kudos and said he deserved the drk he hacked.  They are working overtime to sweep this under the rug and forget about it but the fact remains that an amateur coder found an exploit in darksend in 2 hours.

What I don't understand is what the code review they paid for accomplished other than a way to try and hype the price of drk.  It's obvious that things were missed in the code review.  I wonder what else is waiting to be exploited.

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:12:08 PM

Unignored!

Mr Duffield,

shojayxt
Good for you and welcome back! Smiley
NOOOOOO Am I still dreaming? Cheesy

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

eeeyyooo now that's a buy order!!!
meaby _sciencerocket@ wanna come back ? Cheesy ha ha
He did the mathematics and he know that NO BANK ROI will give him at least 20%/year Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:19:26 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 05:34:01 PM by toknormal

You must be bipolar.

And I cant believe anyone would cheer you for your recent "conversion to DRK".

+1

IMO, you are a gutter level operator of quite contemptible character.

You think nothing of posting malicious bile that implicitly maligns a rake of hard working individuals while at the same time expecting them to generate you returns on your investment.

Thats your prerogative and you’re not doing anything illegal but IMO any self respecting investor that considers themselves a “member” of this community, however informally, should not be “welcoming back” such an overtly destructive and manipulative charlatan.

No forum remarks you post are ever made in good faith. No exchanges you engage in can possibly be considered genuine. Whether you’re “inside the tent pissing out” or “outside pissing in” is of no consequence to me but far from being ignored, I just think that all your posts should carry a great big health warning to both community members and traders alike.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:37:06 PM

I'll never welcome this piece of shit!
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:40:10 PM

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

I'm stupid.

Ok, ok ok ok I believe you !
Pages: « 1 ... 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 [3233] 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: