Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 [3236] 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722638 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:21:14 PM

People still seems to sell DRK on MP , even at a very low price arnd 0.005 , can't do good on the overall price

Very low volume can't affect price... Mintpal only has 10 BTC on the drk market over 24 hours when cryptsy is doing 225 btc.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:21:24 PM

* Way more expensive to attack Darksend
* Capacity of InstantX and Darksend will be much higher
* Blockchain syncing, propagating and all other normal network functions will get quicker and have higher capacity
* DDOS the network is much harder (3000 vs 900 nodes to attack)

*from v2 of the Darkcoin whitepaper

I get better numbers...  Grin

camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:25:58 PM

I would buy a Microsoft toilet though, to poop in.
The Microsoft Toilet comes with a disclaimer saying that your poop will be used as the next version of windows, and you're giving up all rights and title to your own shit so they can sell it back to you.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:32:15 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 08:45:08 PM by eahmadov

I stand corrected. Darkcoin is up by more than 20% now and continues rising

Yes it is partially because of the bitcoin price rise but not all coins are rising in the list Wink

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

Quote from: shojayxt
I am spatially inverted dickbutt
I thought you were abandoning this account because you got called out on your sock puppets?

Y U NO EAT 12GA?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:44:50 PM

i'm gonna be honest here with the whole sjojayxt conversion thing .. i feel conflicted between

and

wb sjojayxt Smiley
Why forgive the irrelevant?

I don't forgive a gnat for crapping on the street 2 miles down the road from my cousin's house. Why? Because it doesn't matter. I do not forgive the wind from blowing farts away...

Love and Hate are the opposite sides of the same coin. To not give a damn is true equality, for Love and Hate so easily trade places, and that is even more irrational than either one of them.

If it cannot hurt me or wrong me, I don't need to forgive it. For all the malice the ambiguous "it" may have, hate is a weapon only unto itself... Shojayxt succeeds only in rotting his own soul, nothing else has he accomplished.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 08:52:41 PM

DRK to trade and use will become rare and what is rare is .... EXPENSIVE !
Rare and prohibited is even more expensive. Wink

Haha, one major country 'banning' DRK would make every MN op a millionnaire overnight.
My concern is that DRKs will be so rare that the Proof of Service will be nullified and it will become a Proof of Stake in an unused coin...

Such extreme lack of liquidity will make it hard to get in. Even small buys will price themselves out and walk away instead. And that leaves you in a position of not actually providing a service because nobody is using it; Proof of Stake.

Just a concern, not a prediction... I'm not so sure the increase of MN reward share should be done this way. Seems heavy-handed. Certainly, Miners don't need what they're getting... I'm not arguing against that part... Maybe it's a matter of do it now or do it later, you're still doing it, so whatever... May as well do it. It just looks like a pump attempt by killing liquidity in a closed-loop Proof of Service that isn't... Isn't volume low enough already?

"Do not remove fly from friend's forehead with cannon." - Ancient Chinese Secret

It reminds me of the 3% "movement." Everybody waiting to see if someone else makes the first move, nobody ever does anything... Just a bunch of cowards too afraid to be "that guy" talking big...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

My concern is that DRKs will be so rare that the Proof of Service will be nullified and it will become a Proof of Stake in an unused coin...

Such extreme lack of liquidity will make it hard to get in. Even small buys will price themselves out and walk away instead. And that leaves you in a position of not actually providing a service because nobody is using it; Proof of Stake.

Same amount of work for the node processing 100DRK lumps, 1DRK lumps, 100Duff lumps, 1Duff lumps.

Integer DRK will be expensive, doesn't matter, we have 8 places worth of Duffs after the point.

"Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... Grin

balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:15:46 PM

To some extent I agree with camo. There is a thin line here. We might limit demand my cutting the supply, hence decreasing liquidity.

""Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... " - no. If people feel the price is unreasonably high their answer is not buying less, but not buying at all, and voting for another currency. Price increase needs TIME. That is a crucial element. Price increase needs to be justified in people's mind, and it has 3 essential elements: social pressure, fundamentals, time. So far we only have one of these semi-complete (still being actively developed), the other two are barely existing. The coin is less then a year old. It needs to be time tested.. So trying to pump the price now can be counter-productive.

But crypto has proven over and over again that it simply cannot be predicted by traditional methods. It might turn out well - or can be a catastrophe. We'll see.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 09:18:48 PM

Same amount of work for the node processing 100DRK lumps, 1DRK lumps, 100Duff lumps, 1Duff lumps.

Integer DRK will be expensive, doesn't matter, we have 8 places worth of Duffs after the point.

"Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... Grin
Cute, but you're missing my point.

If people can't even buy a useful amount of it to use, people who want to use it as a currency, not a "to da moon" ticket, how will it get adopted? What service is being provided to all the nobody not using it? If I want to use DRK to buy something that costs $5, but trying to buy $5 worth of DRK results in my pricing out my own order, and having to pay $7 to get it... I'm just not going to do it. This will increase volatility as well...

It becomes a PoS holder coin pretending to provide a service, but nobody uses it... So there is no service. It's just proof of stake from mining blocks... PPC manages to prove how useless that is without all the complication of MNs and mining and taxation trolls... It's like a big circle jerk just to end up, functionally, being nearly the same thing as PPC...

I'm looking at it from the perspective of using it as it is supposed to be used, not the "to da moon" mentality.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:24:10 PM

"Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... Grin

If people can't even buy a useful amount of it to use, people who want to use it as a currency, not a "to da moon" ticket, how will it get adopted? What service is being provided to all the nobody not using it? If I want to use DRK to buy something that costs $5, but trying to buy $5 worth of DRK results in my pricing out my own order, and having to pay $7 to get it... I'm just not going to do it.

It becomes a PoS holder coin pretending to provide a service, but nobody uses it... So there is no service. It's just proof of stake from minig blocks... PPC manages to prove how useless that is without all the complication of MNs and mining and taxation trolls...

A "useful amount" depends on how much DRK is worth. If it's more expensive to buy, it's worth more... you can argue with market forces, but you'll be wasting your time.

That new toy might cost 57DRK today, it might cost 57Duffs in the future, either way it's a non issue.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 09:26:34 PM

If people can't even buy a useful amount of it to use, people who want to use it as a currency, not a "to da moon" ticket, how will it get adopted? What service is being provided to all the nobody not using it? If I want to use DRK to buy something that costs $5, but trying to buy $5 worth of DRK results in my pricing out my own order, and having to pay $7 to get it... I'm just not going to do it.

It becomes a PoS holder coin pretending to provide a service, but nobody uses it... So there is no service. It's just proof of stake from minig blocks... PPC manages to prove how useless that is without all the complication of MNs and mining and taxation trolls...

A "useful amount" depends on how much DRK is worth. If it's more expensive to buy, it's worth more... you can argue with market forces, but you'll be wasting your time.

That new toy might cost 57DRK today, it might cost 57Duffs in the future, either way it's a non issue.
I think you're still missing the point... You're having an argument of your own.

If it costs me $7 to buy a $5 item, I'm not going to do it. DRK goes unused.

IF the ATM machine charges me a $2 fee to get out $20 dollars, I'm not using it.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:27:19 PM

To some extent I agree with camo. There is a thin line here. We might limit demand my cutting the supply, hence decreasing liquidity.

""Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... " - no. If people feel the price is unreasonably high their answer is not buying less, but not buying at all, and voting for another currency. Price increase needs TIME. That is a crucial element. Price increase needs to be justified in people's mind, and it has 3 essential elements: social pressure, fundamentals, time. So far we only have one of these semi-complete (still being actively developed), the other two are barely existing. The coin is less then a year old. It needs to be time tested.. So trying to pump the price now can be counter-productive.

But crypto has proven over and over again that it simply cannot be predicted by traditional methods. It might turn out well - or can be a catastrophe. We'll see.

You are thinking like a speculator. If what you want costs x DRK, you acquire x DRK, and spend it.

The only thing crypto has proven is that idiots abound. Nothing whatsoever has been proven in the context of the big bad yet, because crypto is still a piddling drop in the ocean.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:28:07 PM

10/13 19:46:36   152058 [1][2][3]   x11ltc1btccom   equlto: Xx7mAR463dtXxJwpkHT3qtCshD3PsVPkD3   1.400200

This masternode payment felt good.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:29:00 PM

I think you're still missing the point... You're having an argument of your own.

IF the ATM machine charges me a $2 fee to get out $20 dollars, I'm not using it.

What does some 3rd party's markup have to do with 'liquidity?'
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:32:50 PM

"Not enough liquidity!" = "I can't buy as much as cheap as I want!"  Guess what, you want more, you gotta pay... Grin

If people can't even buy a useful amount of it to use, people who want to use it as a currency, not a "to da moon" ticket, how will it get adopted? What service is being provided to all the nobody not using it? If I want to use DRK to buy something that costs $5, but trying to buy $5 worth of DRK results in my pricing out my own order, and having to pay $7 to get it... I'm just not going to do it. This will increase volatility as well...

It becomes a PoS holder coin pretending to provide a service, but nobody uses it... So there is no service. It's just proof of stake from mining blocks... PPC manages to prove how useless that is without all the complication of MNs and mining and taxation trolls... It's like a big circle jerk just to end up, functionally, being nearly the same thing as PPC...

I'm looking at it from the perspective of using it as it is supposed to be used, not the "to da moon" mentality.

With 8 decimal points, how would a person not be able to buy a useful amount? Just a serious question because even if whole coins are far more valuable, one can still buy $5 respectively worth of DRK in fractions of a coin.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 09:33:17 PM

The lack of liquidity is causing the markup at point of entry. Thus, choose not to enter.

If I kill my own market position becasue the liquidity is so low that I can't buy the DRKs to then spend on the goods/services I intend to buy with it...

This isn't about "to da moon" stop thinking about that. I'm talking about people actually using DRK to buy stuff. If they can't get the DRK without paying a premium due to lack of liquidity, they're not going to buy DRK. We've watched the charts several times. It seems like some hard buys show up, but then there's a huge gap and both sides stare at each other across the gap as the manipubots crap on it... It's already too tied up.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:34:46 PM

The lack of liquidity is causing the markup at point of entry. Thus, choose not to enter.

If I kill my own market position becasue the liquidity is so low that I can't buy the DRKs to then spend on the goods/services I intend to buy with it...

This isn't about "to da moon" stop thinking about that. I'm talking about people actually using DRK to buy stuff. If they can't get the DRK without paying a premium due to lack of liquidity, they're not going to buy DRK. We've watched the charts several times. It seems like some hard buys show up, but then there's a huge gap and both sides stare at each other across the gap as the manipubots crap on it... It's already too tied up.

Ah, you're referring to the spread gap between buys and sells. That in time should narrow. BTC was the same way years ago. It happens in time.
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:35:08 PM

We've watched the charts several times. It seems like some hard buys show up, but then there's a huge gap and both sides stare at each other across the gap as the manipubots crap on it... It's already too tied up.

Which coin isn't like that?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 09:39:37 PM

Ah, you're referring to the spread gap between buys and sells. That in time should narrow. BTC was the same way years ago. It happens in time.
My point is that, with liquidity so low, a person trying to buy DRK to then use in commerce, will create such a gap without filling the order. They have to keep bidding up and up just to get the DRKs. Then, they've spent more money than the item they're trying to buy is worth. Even the stupid get smart when they see their money disappearing. Just like how smart they get when they stare down the barrel of a 12ga.

Simple example: I wanna buy Widget. Widget costs $5 fiat. But, I would like to buy it with DRK. I try to buy DRK, but I can only get $2.50 of DRK at current price. Enter gap. I now have to pay $3.00 to get the rest of the DRK I need. I have now paid $5.50 to get my $5 item because liquidity is so low that I can't even buy DRK without fucking myself out of my own money. Thus, I don't use DRK.

We already have this problem.

Even less liquidity will solve the problem that was created by not enough liquidity?

That's like saying that if I shot myself in the foot, it would be all better if I shot myself in the foot 2 more times.

In the name of all Democrats: "The cause is not the solution." You can't make X stop happening by doing even more of what caused X in the first place.

Again, the Democrat Example: "We tried going batshit crazy off the deep end, and it didn't work. Ah! Because we haven't gone batshit crazy enough, and we haven't gone far enough off the deep end! If we do even more insane shit, then everything will work out!"

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 [3236] 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: