Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.3 - SegWit Activated  (Read 321486 times)
avitas

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:23:25 PM

Can I run more than one Masternode per IP address?

most likely no. 

Yes, you can run multiple Master Nodes on the same IP with ChainCoin. They would just need to be different ports. I know some of the newer Master Node setup you can only run one Master Node per IP address.

oh..thanks for clearing that up.  it would make sense to be able to run more than one ip, considering the low MN coin requirement right now..and for testing purposes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avitas

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:04:13 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 08:44:19 PM by avitas

I get a compiler error while trying to run "make" in ubuntu.

Code:
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:931: recipe for target 'init.o' failed
make[3]: *** [init.o] Error 4

any way to get around this?

I found the answer, by making a bigger swap file like this.

Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
oldcoinguru

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:16:24 PM

I get a compiler error while trying to run "make" in ubuntu.

Code:
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:931: recipe for target 'init.o' failed
make[3]: *** [init.o] Error 4

any way to get around this?

I found the answer, by making a bigger swap file like this.

Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile

You ran out of ram.  A swap file like you did will fix that.  It takes more ram to compile than to run the program.  You should be good to go now.
avitas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:40:24 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 04:24:15 AM by avitas

using the first sha512 hash's value to randomize determine the order of the algorithm chain (for that particular block)

That makes the sequence unpredictable and thus problematic for a hardware implementation but it cannot be random.

correct me if my thinking is wrong.  hashing is basically digging through stuff encryption have piled on something.  and a blockchain is just more and more piling of stuff.  can we use a blockchain itself to help secure the hashing network of chaincoin.  for example the bitcoin blockchain.  use it to hash a predictable but hard to find and different algo key* to find the pool of algos to use for the C11 chain.

i read on that paper 1 encryption is really only needed, and these moar hashes and piling on more stuff is just useless. so if we 2 chains, 1 do the chaincoin+roulette coin hash for the order, and another somehow use bitcoin blockchain or it's hashes to determine the pool of hashes algorithms* to use in the chain?

does that make it any more unpredictable?

*edit
oldcoinguru

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 04:09:58 AM

Coinmarket cap has Chaincoin listed incorrectly.  They have a different coin using the CHC symbol included in their listing. 
avitas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:08:25 AM

so i was reading through mr. satoshi's response to Sepp Hasselburger's question

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A9562

To Sepp's question, indeed there is nobody to act as central bank or federal reserve to adjust the money supply as the population of users grows. That would have required a trusted party to determine the value, because I don't know a way for software to know the real world value of things. If there was some clever way, or if we wanted to trust someone to actively manage the money supply to peg it to something, the rules could have been programmed for that.

funny how he created that very clever thing that know's the real world value of things.

so if we take a snapshot of bitcoin price at a certain day and time.  it becomes the most trusted seed for a random generator. can the bitcoin use this for itself some way?

self referencing time...C++ pointers nightmares.
avitas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:41:54 AM

Coinmarket cap has Chaincoin listed incorrectly.  They have a different coin using the CHC symbol included in their listing. 

mr. graham have answered that questions before. and i have investigated it, it's another coin, just with the same ticker.  I emailed coinmarketcap and hopefully they can separate the two.

is this coin a chinese coin?

why is it being traded traded with CNY?  and at 100X lower the price and 80X the volume?

well maybe because it's no fee, so the volume may be bloated, but 100X lower the price?  dat arbitrage.

1. No.

2. Because it’s a wide, wide, unregulated world in which two altcoins with the same name and trading symbol can exist simultaneously.

3. No.

https://www.19800.com/chc/info

HTH

Cheers
Graham

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

so if we take a snapshot of bitcoin price at a certain day and time.  it becomes the most trusted seed for a random generator. can the bitcoin use this for itself some way?

If you're familiar with the old joke where the Lone Ranger and Tonto are surrounded by hostile injuns and the Lone Ranger says to Tonto, "Looks like we're surrounded", to which Tonto turns to the Lone Ranger and replies "Whaddya mean ‘we’, paleface?"

The “we” in your statement isn't grounded and cannot be. Have some private intellectual fun, put on a “Mission Impossible” hat and be creative about how such a scheme could be gamed.

Then slip on an engineer's short-sleeved shirt and pocket protector and you can get to work on solving the issue of global agreement on “certain day and time” - it'll be a full time job just finding a level of precision that the (oops, sorry, see below - innumerable) population can agree on (using a provably-correct consensus mechanism).

Software “knows” nothing. We “know” nothing. It's all modelling and the map is not the territory. As an old-skule AI-er, I know it as the symbol grounding problem.

“most trusted” suffers from multiple issues when it comes down to implementation (first choose your modelling tool): “most” requires a population count and so is profoundly problematic when no-one can know the base population. Because we only have a mathematical hammer can trust be nailed down to numbers? But this isn't something than can be answered by a mathematician (and, if Simon Baron-Cohen is correct, probably shouldn’t even be attempted). Human cognition doesn't use numbers natively, mathematics is an invented, internally consistent modelling notation that must first be learned. Trust is idiosyncractic and contextual, a really wicked problem and a non-numeric representation isn't even in sight.

This stuff is way more tricky than it might seem. If it were as easy as it looks, it'd be well sorted by now, given the amount of effort expended.

Cheers

Graham
avitas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:00:24 PM

If you're familiar with the old joke where the Lone Ranger and Tonto are surrounded by hostile injuns and the Lone Ranger says to Tonto, "Looks like we're surrounded", to which Tonto turns to the Lone Ranger and replies "Whaddya mean ‘we’, paleface?"

The “we” in your statement isn't grounded and cannot be. Have some private intellectual fun, put on a “Mission Impossible” hat and be creative about how such a scheme could be gamed.

Then slip on an engineer's short-sleeved shirt and pocket protector and you can get to work on solving the issue of global agreement on “certain day and time” - it'll be a full time job just finding a level of precision that the (oops, sorry, see below - innumerable) population can agree on (using a provably-correct consensus mechanism).

Software “knows” nothing. We “know” nothing. It's all modelling and the map is not the territory. As an old-skule AI-er, I know it as the symbol grounding problem.

“most trusted” suffers from multiple issues when it comes down to implementation (first choose your modelling tool): “most” requires a population count and so is profoundly problematic when no-one can know the base population. Because we only have a mathematical hammer can trust be nailed down to numbers? But this isn't something than can be answered by a mathematician (and, if Simon Baron-Cohen is correct, probably shouldn’t even be attempted). Human cognition doesn't use numbers natively, mathematics is an invented, internally consistent modelling notation that must first be learned. Trust is idiosyncractic and contextual, a really wicked problem and a non-numeric representation isn't even in sight.

This stuff is way more tricky than it might seem. If it were as easy as it looks, it'd be well sorted by now, given the amount of effort expended.

Cheers

Graham

I didn't make it too far yet from the article when i saw they compare it to learning chinese from learning just the words alone.  i find that funny i know exactly what that means, since i am chinese and i know a little chinese and have struggled getting "meanings" of words across all kinds of medium be it (voice, write, type, local dialect, traditional-simplified..etc)..to even my mother, who i have had an argument over this very thing this morning. *very interesting article, need to reread multiple times.

you can't express meaning through words a lone true, there for no "meaning" can come out of software engineering, only function...does that sound a little deflating?.

as we get back the consensus problem.  I have read a little bit of Byteball's implementation of using 12 trusted 'witnesses' for verification purposes.  I propose we use 12 top exchanges as 'witnesses' for the bitcoin price, and the timestamp UTC.

granted still require a bit of trust, but decentralized trust on a decentralized price.  the altcoins purposes is basically TO put a price on anything and everything.  BTC can be the bridge for everything that can and will have a "price".

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 05:58:37 PM

I didn't make it too far yet from the article when i saw they compare it to learning chinese from learning just the words alone.  i find that funny i know exactly what that means, since i am chinese and i know a little chinese and have struggled getting "meanings" of words across all kinds of medium be it (voice, write, type, local dialect, traditional-simplified..etc)..to even my mother, who i have had an argument over this very thing this morning. *very interesting article, need to reread multiple times.

We've drifted into some deep waters.

A better starting point than Harnad's ruminations would be the wikipedia entry on Searle's “Chinese Room” thought experiment. Working through the references and bibliography for that article alone would occupy the best part of a decade, there are some very deep thinkers listed there.

<digression>I do hope that we Westerners have now completely gotten over the fact that other cultures use other notation forms that they find as natural to work with as we do with our alphabet - IMO, Perl would have been a quite acceptable substitute as an arbitrarily impenetrable symbol set Smiley</digression>.

you can't express meaning through words a lone true, there for no "meaning" can come out of software engineering, only function...does that sound a little deflating?.

For me, that's where the fascination lies - it's a showstopper for the reductive models that we create in mathematical-logical notation but it doesn't seem to bother human cognition one bit.

as we get back the consensus problem.  I have read a little bit of Byteball's implementation of using 12 trusted 'witnesses' for verification purposes.  I propose we use 12 top exchanges as 'witnesses' for the bitcoin price, and the timestamp UTC.

granted still require a bit of trust, but decentralized trust on a decentralized price.  the altcoins purposes is basically TO put a price on anything and everything.  BTC can be the bridge for everything that can and will have a "price".

Unfortunately, that shifts the playing field from pristine cryptography to public theatre.

Cheers

Graham
avitas

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:46:17 PM

We've drifted into some deep waters.

some how that tends to happen with long conversations with me, sorry. thanks for providing such fascinating readings and entertaining my ramblings.

Unfortunately, that shifts the playing field from pristine cryptography to public theatre.

reflecting on the language thing between and chinese and english...as i have thought about it.  "positioning" of something is sometimes over look. understanding chinese characters is basically understanding different parts of the character and how the the character flows.  in computer terms, position is represented with "order"  front to back, back to front(per character), just like the english alphabet.  but in chinese there's also the up to down, so it's usually it's up to down and left to right(yes the characters are comprehended from left to right, but literature may be written right to left).

so learning from language wise...if there's no way or "should be no way" for a computer to "understand" english...there's definitely or most likely it's not gonna understand chinese.

so by that deduction wouldn't the best anti asic software be written in chinese?  i wonder if there anybody have attempted such feat.

*I was going introduce a global positioning information into the blockchain to throw it off some more, but i think it still belongs to public theater and nature.
avitas

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:44:02 AM

so by that deduction wouldn't the best anti asic software be written in chinese?  i wonder if there anybody have attempted such feat.

I just read the Chinese Room wiki and thought about it and just realize the pickle i'm about to get myself into.

a program have no meaning or purpose except to express out the commands for what's possible for that language and find out what the output is.  does that lead to language and culture itself have no meaning?...

no meaning except to see what the response is to that language and culture. the more i type, the more useless it feels.

i'm getting into circular thinking and getting tired...i just realize i'm just typing trash...no meaning and no purpose.  think i'll just shut up and go work on my faucet script.
Haunebu81

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

Is there any way to monitor masternodes using the QT wallet?

Or set up Masternodes in Windows?
Haunebu81

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:48:56 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 11:03:31 PM by Haunebu81

I'm getting error message:

"errorMessage" : "could not allocate vin"

Any ideas?

Looks like the collateral needs to be unlocked in coin control in order to fix that. Is this a Bitsend fork by chance?
oldcoinguru

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:11:51 PM

Chaincoin 0.9.2.3

Now with Windows installer and Mac wallet.

Windows Installer:

https[Suspicious link removed]

Mac Wallet:

https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases/download/v0.9.2.3/Chaincoin-Qt-0.9.2.3.dmg

Other versions:

https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3

What are your plans for this coin?

Develop an alternative to other MasterNode coins.

Are you looking for involvement from others?  Is there anyway for others to assist you in furthering this cryptocurrency?

Participation is most welcome. There are many areas where anyone can get involved, from the web site to coding to graphics to promotion, etc. Feel free to suggest or take on a task.

I setup another block explorer.  http://104.238.153.140:3001
Working on a webpage now.  Should be ready tomorrow.  Nothing too fancy but a little more modern than the current one.  No offense meant towards whoever produced the current webpage. I'll pm you the details and you can decide if it's something that you want to use.

Rolihlahla (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Chaincoin Founder

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 11:54:47 PM

Chaincoin 0.9.2.3

Now with Windows installer and Mac wallet.

Windows Installer:

https[Suspicious link removed]

Mac Wallet:

https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases/download/v0.9.2.3/Chaincoin-Qt-0.9.2.3.dmg

Other versions:

https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/releases/tag/v0.9.2.3

What are your plans for this coin?

Develop an alternative to other MasterNode coins.

Are you looking for involvement from others?  Is there anyway for others to assist you in furthering this cryptocurrency?

Participation is most welcome. There are many areas where anyone can get involved, from the web site to coding to graphics to promotion, etc. Feel free to suggest or take on a task.

I setup another block explorer.  http://104.238.153.140:3001
Working on a webpage now.  Should be ready tomorrow.  Nothing too fancy but a little more modern than the current one.  No offense meant towards whoever produced the current webpage. I'll pm you the details and you can decide if it's something that you want to use.

Thanks, the explorer looks nice. I added a link to it in the first post.
Haunebu81

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:25:08 AM

Is there any way to start the wallet with the collateral balances unlocked? It's annoying to have to unlock them all before starting the MN's.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:41:28 AM

Send a request to bittrex to add this coin Cheesy
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 05:54:36 AM

what's the diff between C11 and X11?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
ej041655392

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:00:43 AM

Send a request to bittrex to add this coin Cheesy
please Send a request to polo to add this coin also
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: