Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:14:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ❇️YAPPADAPPADOO -❇️Bringing Revolutionary Multi-Platform Apps To All Users  (Read 30565 times)
elycoinz

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:31:06 AM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Hi Bailey.

I think it would be unlikely for a PWA to be used without an internet connection. 

Primarily, this are web-based applications, making it necessary for one to be online.

Though Yappadappadoo is aiming their PWAs to be able to work even with the poorest connection state of any device to the internet.

________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂________
A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM
PRE-ICO: 40% BONUS at www.arizn.network
flash12i

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:07:03 AM

Wow! Will this be Apple store and playstore counterpart? It says it will be working offline, no need download and installation for applications, so what is it, applications inside application? The project’s concept seems to be interesting.

Not merely a counterpart, but with Yappadappadoo offering Progressive Web Apps, the platform will disrupt both App Store and Google Play Store together.

Because PWA removes OS version issues, both apple and android system as well as windows and all other OS could make use of Yappadappoo through a simple browser.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:39:16 AM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Among the advantage of PWAs versus native applications is breaking the OS compatibility barrier, meaning to say that either you are on iOS or Android, the app will run on your device so as long as you have a browser.

Further, unlike native applications, PWA will not occupy a permanent space on your device since you are not required to install anything.  At the most, cache and temporary files are to be created which is way smaller in size than those of installation files of any native apps.
jackbit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:13:16 AM

Among the advantage of PWAs versus native applications is breaking the OS compatibility barrier, meaning to say that either you are on iOS or Android, the app will run on your device so as long as you have a browser.

Further, unlike native applications, PWA will not occupy a permanent space on your device since you are not required to install anything.  At the most, cache and temporary files are to be created which is way smaller in size than those of installation files of any native apps.

Moreover, native applications was designed to run on a device whereas progressive web apps was designed to run on a browser, where the previous is currently favored by many.

Since native apps are installed on our devices, the app loads faster and runs at a much more stable phase while PWAs rely heavily (most of them) on the quality of our internet connection, the speeds is as fast as your internet connection and the same goes for stability.

Not quite sure how it can be done, but Yappadappadoo aims to disrupt the need for fast and stable internet for PWAs to load and run.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:40:06 AM

2005 marked the era of web application technologies which revolutionized the static norm to a dynamic one. From here on, many had tried to develop web-based apps that would prove to be useful for users but failed due to many limiting technological factors of that time (both in hardware and software). Even Apple failed here and find that native apps are the best choice for a smooth user experience.

But the year 2015 witnessed a lot of progress for web-based apps with Progressive Web Apps (that was coined by Frances Berriman and Google Chrome engineer Alex Russell) being introduced to the world, these apps took advantage of modern browsers and advancement in processing technology of different devices.

To date, few of the big names that employs PWA are Ali Express, Flipkart, Trivago, Washington Post, Forbes, Twitter and OLX to name a few.

Proving that PWA is a reliable technology that eases one's concern on compatibility and supported devices.

With these, Yappadappadoo is to disrupt a very big & profitable market that has a lot to offer (though it would not be easy as App Store and Google Play are popular giants of this industry).  But with the growing popularity and acceptability of cryptocurrency, bringing the app market to the blockchain is great start.

Be tailing the progress of Yappadappadoo as the ICO starts in 2 days.

Thank you BitcoinPanther for sharing a brief history of Progressive Web Apps.

Looking at how it developed and where it stands right now, would it be wrong for me to assume that PWAs will work better for companies? Because as you mentioned, Ali Express, Trivago, Washington Post, Forbes, Twitter and OLX are the current big brands that employed PWA (and i read somewhere that telegram is on it too).  And i'd have to say that Trivago and OLX are really impressive, from my personal experience.

I wonder what kind of progressive web app Yappadappadoo has to offer for conventional users?
scarleth06

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:32:00 AM

The name can be related easily with the scooby doo cartoons, also Sydney Ifergan is an advisor for lots of ICOs, not sure if that is good or bad but I've seen him in a ton of places, he also runs a crypto blog.
I wonder why they come up with the name yappadappadoo it sounds like yabadabadoo from the cartoon character The Flintstones, anyway the PWA (progressive web apps) has a lot to offer from many app user and yappadappadoo have a multi platform feature that apps can be use by android or apple devices... This thing is going to change for example Google Play for Android and Apple App for IOS and you cannot even send or share the apps downloaded from this apps store...
joeljames23

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:55:25 AM

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

Yes it has offline functionalities feature means you can still access to the apps even you don't have internet connection and this PWA  feature is new to apps industry though is already being used by other apps company like Trivago, Amazon, twitter etc...
joliepearl06

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:31:15 AM

Very interesting and new  project no download no install and no update with the ability to work off line  concept is really interesting , an app store for progressive web apps is unique idea . I still would like to know the idea behind a cloud based app  that can work offline too ! how this gonna be achieved ?

Hi khufuking,

a PWA is downloading the needed parts of an application with the help of a service worker and clever cache strategies. This makes it possible that a cloud based apps can be made offline available. A service worker acts as a proxy, interrupting network requests and sending responses from the cache. You can find a a good and detailed explication in the article from Jake Archibald: https://jakearchibald.com/2014/offline-cookbook/

yappadappadoo
Jana

So only those cloud based apps can run offline? But is true the PWA is very fascinating because of apps can be used even offline, and PWA feature can do a No Update Ever on all apps from yappadappadoo, for me this is a reward... I think this is the problem when you download any app to other apps store coz everytime my phone connect to the internet the update notifications is prompt and  automatically download all the updates resulting to a slow internet connection...
sonjay22

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

Yappadappadoo's 180 Billion USD forecasted app revenue for 2020 is a very big potential business market.

And according to recorded statistics, the year 2015 alone saw 69 Billion USD revenue from app stores and in-app advertising making the 180 Billion USD forecast of Yappadappadoo very realistic (and the top players are game apps btw).

And with the project boasting of engaging in PWA or Progress Web Apps, i think we are set to witness a whole new ball game here where a savvy and profitable app market is to be enjoyed by both users and developers.
They forecasted only 10 percent of the total revenue of app and in-app advertisement until 2020 but i think this a bit low since they're the only 3rd app store that maybe would exist followed by the two giant apps store (Google Play and Apple App) and with their PWA feature that really want to revolutionize the app Industry to the next level maybe they'll have the chance to double the forecasted revenue by 2020...
scarleth06

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:32:06 AM

Yappadappadoo is the first app store for PWA (Progressive Web Application). This app will be using Blockchain technology and smart contract. Yappadappadoo is like Google Play and Apple Store but it is not only limited to Android or IOS, it is a multi-platform. It means that Yappadappadoo can work with Android, IOS, Windows or any other operating system.

Yes, it is a multi-platform and can work on all devices. But since Yappadappadoo will be competing with Google and Apple, what is their assurance that Google and Apple will let them operate on their system? It’s like letting your enemy under your house.
That's why they expect to communicate with many manufacturer of mobile devices, and they have pre installation of yappadappadoo store to new device's to help increase awareness and its uses... Maybe they'll have long way to go to run this smoothly though it's a very fascinating project...
sonjay22

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:02:39 PM

Wow! Will this be Apple store and playstore counterpart? It says it will be working offline, no need download and installation for applications, so what is it, applications inside application? The project’s concept seems to be interesting.
Yes the two giants apps store counterpart and plan to achieve 10% revenue from the total revenue of app and in-app advertisement by the year 2020... With their PWA cloud based program they are set to change the ball game in the apps store industry, and we'll need to get ready for this one of a kind project...
Citriney

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

Yappadappadoo Store,having introduced itself as the first & the only Progressive web application
 store worldwide, with a link to the Blockchain, is impressive to me as their apps are multi-platform,no restrictions
and can work on all smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, on all operating systems.And without eating
up data volume irrespective of network quality.
Jadeite

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

Just came across this Progressive Web Applications(PWA) thing from Yappadappadoo Store,
an auspicious feature for all mobile devices worldwide- breaking the limits
and boundaries of App Market and giving ease to users.
Andycalum

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Very interesting and new  project no download no install and no update with the ability to work off line  concept is really interesting , an app store for progressive web apps is unique idea . I still would like to know the idea behind a cloud based app  that can work offline too ! how this gonna be achieved ?

Hi khufuking,

a PWA is downloading the needed parts of an application with the help of a service worker and clever cache strategies. This makes it possible that a cloud based apps can be made offline available. A service worker acts as a proxy, interrupting network requests and sending responses from the cache. You can find a a good and detailed explication in the article from Jake Archibald: https://jakearchibald.com/2014/offline-cookbook/

yappadappadoo
Jana

Thanks for this simplification and shared article to understand better how this Yappadappadoo Store works with the Apps having the PWA feature link with Blockchain.
Khayem

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:48:59 PM

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

This offline capabilities,as one of the key features of PWA, will attract worldwide users for its versatility- a blessing for growth markets where most users can only avail of poor network coverage and lower quality hardware.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

The name of the project really catches my attention. YAPPADAPPADOO which I think is an expression when a person is happy or excited like what Fred Flinstones do on a tv cartoon series. I commend the YAPPADAPPADOO team for thinking something which is kinda old yet catchy phrase which will definitely catch the attention of the young generation today and the not-so-young generation yesterday who have known Flintstones during their childhood days. I will definitely follow updates from this project, I think this is happy and exciting.
XtraRolePlayer

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:11:57 PM

I am still in the process of reading the Whitepaper and doing research how does a Progressive Web App (PWA) work. Something caught my attention because there is a statement that says:

No download. No installation. No updates. Clever enough to work offline and lightning fast.

These "no installation" and "öffline" phrases definitely intrigued me unless if it is a portable application. But when "no download" was mentioned. That really gets my interest. I am not used to applications or software that runs this way, that is why I will definitely search how YAPPADAPPADOO works.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:38:09 PM

Very interesting and new  project no download no install and no update with the ability to work off line  concept is really interesting , an app store for progressive web apps is unique idea . I still would like to know the idea behind a cloud based app  that can work offline too ! how this gonna be achieved ?

Hi khufuking,

yappadappadoo
Jana

I knew it! While reading the details of the YAPPADAPPADOO project, I am wondering why the features of the said project are quite different from the applications we used to know. While I am thinking about it, the cache information was on my mind and I am right! This is really an interesting project. Internet-based applications are really good to use but with this innovation, I think the big app players should be very aware of this breakthrough and they should do their best to make something on their own.
DonChester

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:10:04 PM

Now that speed of applications is a big issue, I think this project is timely and very practical. Since applications have issues on speed and availability. YAPPADAPPADOO project solves these problems by using low memory and offline applications. This will really mark on the mobile app history.
FacingTheGiants

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:33:06 PM

The YAPPADAPPADOO project will definitely be facing the two giants namely Google Play & Apple App Store. The technology behind YAPPADAPPADOO project will surely have a big factor in winning this challenging battle against them. Blockchain Technology and Progressive Web App (PWA) are the perfect combinations to develop and enhance such applications.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: