Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

Hi let me clear some air here before I am moving to do some real works.

@suky321 : no need to get hot; we are cool and we are NO ENVY movement. But you are right as long as you reserve a spot that's yours and you can edit to add a transaction a bit later. But please do so not too late because otherwise you will mess up my workflow and I am already trying to catch up with all new developments here.

@superresistant : as I explain earlier I won't prevent multiple buy-ins. Consequently I won't prevent any newbie account to register, neither.  
You won't believe how many people completely new to crypto asking me to join in a couple of days. They did not invest in Bitcoin before. They did not participate in Litecoin,
Quark, Doge or NXT but they see something in NEM that they like and want to join in. Believe it or not it is quite similar to what happened to NXT in early December ; some
people  asked me how to buy NXT even they don't have any Bitcoin and never bought a crypto before. Now I am not saying NEM can reach even half of NXT's success. But I
think there is something important here. 99% of mainstream people don't even know what crypto currency is or never try to use one. We, crypto industry as a whole, need to
draw in more people. We need to let them know how wonderful crypto currency could be. Now how could you ask a person who never tries crypto before to buy a Bitcoin at 1000$  per coin; or how could you ask them to buy NXT which already raises 10000% percent in a short two months ? I myself  as a seasonal user believe these two cryptos have some wonderful attributes and deserve the price they have. But I think for a new user, NEM is could be much better deal. It is easy to join in. It has completely fair
distribution. People could get a joy of being an early adopter. And I think NEM could really be something down the line maybe as Litecoin or maybe as Doge, or maybe
something else I am not sure yet. Even if NEM fails to gain traction, there are already a bunch of new users who get introduced to cryto currency. That would also be good for
all of us.

To people asking questions along the line: who am I ? Please investigate yourself; I am not a new user who started this project in the first post. I had a history with NXT and Bitcoin and if you persist you can find out quite easily.

To all: again NEM is no joke. I like this idea and I am going to promote it. I have a plan so that people can claim their stakes. It would involve a bit of manual works but we
have a team since I am not running this show alone. But remember you need to be able to access your user account to send PM to claim your account's stake. It is specially
relevant to people with multiple accs. If you cannot send a pm from your acc, your stake is lost.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:38:24 PM

I have doubt in you intent and skills.
Yet your idea is interesting.
I support you.

You will lose an awful lots of time to contact every one by PM.
But why not.

As you can see in my post #615 (page 31)
I used proof of support/work/marketing/publicity to secure my share.
I made it big & red, don't miss me on the list.

Let us know when a list is out.

List is coming out soon. Give me some times  Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:36:51 PM

Logo from agamble. Let's keep the awesome works coming.

logo agamble by futureutopian, on Flickr

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:03:04 PM

Interested.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:23:27 PM

What makes NEM different from all the other NXT clones (like NEX) aside from the 4X more coins? Also, what is the timeframe for this project?

I think NXT can be overtaken by a clone because the NXT stakeholders have too much power and I think their greed could destroy the coin. So, I definitely support this NXT clone movement. The real question is which clone will be the best?

I'd rather take some of NXTs ideas and create a new coin from scratch because the NXT code is spaghetti. (And if we can get away from Java, the better Smiley).

My 2 cents.

NEM - nem.io
bowser jr

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:38:20 PM

I posted this in the other thread as well, but it might be better suited here. Some branding/logo concepts...

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2h8bqle.jpg
http://oi43.tinypic.com/nytwld.jpg
http://oi42.tinypic.com/34gax7a.jpg
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:40:52 PM

What makes NEM different from all the other NXT clones (like NEX) aside from the 4X more coins? Also, what is the timeframe for this project?

I think NXT can be overtaken by a clone because the NXT stakeholders have too much power and I think their greed could destroy the coin. So, I definitely support this NXT clone movement. The real question is which clone will be the best?

I'd rather take some of NXTs ideas and create a new coin from scratch because the NXT code is spaghetti. (And if we can get away from Java, the better Smiley).

My 2 cents.

I guess the questions is, can you create a coin from scratch before April?  It's quite the undertaking.  I don't think Nxt will be overtaken by a clone because of stakeholder distribution and it certainly won't destroy the coin.  Major distribution has already happened since the genesis block creation.  Stakeholders have given away large amounts for bounties and others have sold 90% of their holdings. The difference with NEM can't just be distribution, people will always complain when you start selling NEM for profit when others received it for free and you are only creating more hoarders of NEM
wezelvis

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:08:49 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 12:20:51 AM by wezelvis

What a fascinating development in the NXT ecosystem! With all these NXT clones booting up it's hard to see how NXT itself can survive now. Why would a chinese investor pay big money for NXT when they can buy NEM? Is this a ploy to crash the NXt price?

Won't the creation of NEM halt development of NXT? Can a contributor seriously be working on two separate but identical projects at the same time? You're making NXT & NEM look too risky even for battle hardened crypto investors.

It really doesn't look good IMO.

Bitcoin had years to establish itself before it had to face competition, and NXT isn't even finished yet, and here we have some of the biggest NXT fans hiving off a clone - how bizarre.

Obviously NEX stimulated utopianfuture to quickly create a NEM announcement to make a statement against FrictionlessCoin, but now it appears something has motivated him to continue. How do the NXT community feel about this?

Obviously this is why Fuserleer has promised to release the emunie source much later in the development/launch cycle, and he's been very honest and open about his plans to do this all along.

Once utopianfuture received any sort of payment this can't be a joke any more, so I'm just shocked that he would risk NXT in this way, and potentially burn his reputation with the other NXT contributors.

I'm fascinated, and I suspect there's a lot more going on here that hasn't been revealed yet!!

edit: I have $2000 to invest in a POS coin. I've been following the NXT thread and can see that utopianfuture has established himself as a notable voice in the NXT community. Utopianfuture, should I buy some NXT or wait for NEM? This is a serious question, so please try and give me an honest answer. Saying 'it's up to you', or 'both' would be a cop out IMO.

To be honest so far you have appeared to be intelligent and committed, but I am considering the possibility that power and greed have messed with your thinking with NEM. I'm not picking a fight, just giving you feedback, and yes, I am a moderate holder of NXT, so I have a financial bias in favour of NXT over NEM, but at heart I'm an eMunie guy, so NXT & NEM are side interests for me.  
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:30:08 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 01:57:30 PM by utopianfuture

My 2 cents.

NXT is now 100 million business and 100 million dollar business can do a lot of good things like rewriting codes, factoring codes, or building eco-system etc., So let's not emphasize about bad code writing here. Good algorithm and a coherent vision matters much more. I respect BCNext, Luc and Cfb a lot. All of them are very capable technically. I not yet know much about Luc but I am quite fascinated by BCNext and Cfb's ideas and vision and both of them behave pretty logical most of the time.
So I have litter doubt as long as they stick with NXT, NXT will succeed. Besides there are some other notable people in NXT community that I like a lot. NXT is very solid at the moment, imho.

Now about NEM, we are going to make a clone simply because we can and sooner or later someone is going to do it any way. That's about it. Let's not raise rhetoric and focus on making something workable instead.

@wezelvis: Buy NXT which is a technological marvel. You should also put something into NEM. It costs nothing anyway and you can't really buy a big stake with money.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:34:41 AM

My 2 cents.

I guess the questions is, can you create a coin from scratch before April?  It's quite the undertaking.  I don't think Nxt will be overtaken by a clone because of stakeholder distribution and it certainly won't destroy the coin.  Major distribution has already happened since the genesis block creation.  Stakeholders have given away large amounts for bounties and others have sold 90% of their holdings. The difference with NEM can't just be distribution, people will always complain when you start selling NEM for profit when others received it for free and you are only creating more hoarders of NEM

NEM will help NXT growing in a number of ways as you can see later. I have a plan for it so there should be no hostility here.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
mrnxtuser

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:38:40 AM

Hi all,

I have created multiple iterations of the currency logo for your review. Each image in this album (6 total images) is subtly different. I'd be very interested to hear the community's feedback, in terms of which you like the most and if you think any design elements need to be changed.

You can view the album here: http://imgur.com/a/PSps8#0

Thanks guys! I am excited to be a part of NEM! And I would gladly accept any NXT donations for my work so far: 490716124886939582

- A.

Good logos .. it's just too yellow LOL
Kmonk

Activity: 91

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:15:29 AM

I see NEM as a game changer as far as distribution goes, you have my interest and it now seems everybody's attention in the alternative cryptocurrencies world!
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 02:18:52 AM

What bounties are offered so far?
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:18:03 AM

Oke I have sent the 20 nxt, but I can't see it yet in my wallet so I cant copy paste the transaction, is it oke I will do that when its there?
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:22:45 AM

@utopian

so what about the people that have been saying they send something like a multiple of the required amount of NXT or BTC. Say 100 NXT and want 5 shares worth of NEM? Are they included as well?
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:24:11 AM

@utopian

so what about the people that have been saying they send something like a multiple of the required amount of NXT or BTC. Say 100 NXT and want 5 shares worth of NEM? Are they included as well?

No its only 1 account 1 share
qingmu1992

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:27:55 AM

@utopian

No its only 1 account 1 share

oh ,i see. but i don't know when you give the list of stack.

Let's flower the moon. SbSZ8tAfrF8bU2tsUVDYjJt6mpuFUyWePS
qingmu1992

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:50:22 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:07:47 AM by qingmu1992

because i don't know 1 account 1 shares.so i send some more NXT.
BTW,i don't know what the CREATIVE of NEM?

Let's flower the moon. SbSZ8tAfrF8bU2tsUVDYjJt6mpuFUyWePS
suky321

Activity: 382
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:27:59 AM

Interested.

Hi, you need to register your interest on this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0
CoinManiac

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:34:09 AM

@utopian

hw do u intend to distribute the NEM's among the early initial stakeholders?
Could investors buy more NEM's later to increase their stakeholding?

Btw, lookin 4wrd 2 NEM.  Smiley

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: