Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:17:21 PM

Some good logo entries have been posted here! For another slant on it, I thought to emphasize the "new" aspect and came up with these:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tylerbrad85

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:32:55 PM

Some good logo entries have been posted here! For another slant on it, I thought to emphasize the "new" aspect and came up with these:

http://www.nxtxchange.com/nem-logo-group.jpg

nice Smiley
Angelly

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:51:21 PM

Retroactively require anyone with less than "x" post count, or less than "x" account age to do at least a bit non-trivial promotion of NEM. The ones who do it validate their accounts as non sock puppets and the rest get wiped from the investors list. Seems like the best trade off. Someone can still get multiple accounts, but at least make them work for it.

Interesting idea. Acting retroactively will not affect to much the real account. It would only affect the non desirable account.
tylerbrad85

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

Retroactively require anyone with less than "x" post count, or less than "x" account age to do at least a bit non-trivial promotion of NEM. The ones who do it validate their accounts as non sock puppets and the rest get wiped from the investors list. Seems like the best trade off. Someone can still get multiple accounts, but at least make them work for it.

Interesting idea. Acting retroactively will not affect to much the real account. It would only affect the non desirable account.

Yup lets do this. Get people to post some promotion. Just help get the NEM name out there. I wouldn't mind doing it because I'm still new. It would be very hard for the people that have created 10's of sock puppets accounts just to get more stakes.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:02:04 PM

Also let's hear other opinions from the community.

It is on page 76 now so we better be quick. My proposition :

• Keep fee as is, or add a fixed amount for every x pages to ensure growth of project
but
  • Add rule that promotion elsewhere (FB, Twiter, G+) must be made by an account that has been registered & active since Jan 01 at least

Fee should not change in a radical way, people will be upset
but promoting with original (and older than the project) social media accounts can hinder sockpuppets

I believe, you have to allow new account to ask for a spot, new user is good! but what we need to do is make it harder for sockpuppet to get more share. That will increase fairness, it is impossible to be 100% fair anyway.

We should welcome new users. Just try to figure out how to reduce sochpuppet accounts. I think we should implement sending address check.

Do we still want memes ? any suggestions for "promote NEM" condition changes ? I think we still need some promotional efforts, most people sent in money.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:06:09 PM

There's no way in hell all the 0 activity posters are new people.  Not even half.  At this point I've got to believe half the stakes reserved the last few days are mostly mults.

This is stupid.  Might as well have just said "selling 1M share stake for .01 BTC, buy as many as you like until they sell out".

Would have been more honest. Now we have a majority of the ownership community starting off on a dishonest foot.
fusecavator

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

The most effective promotion is done communicating directly to others one thinks might be interested in NEM, and would generally not be verifiable. By asking people to promote it in places you can verify it, you're encouraging people to spam random websites with ads, which would hurt the cause more than help it. And it wouldn't take people more effort than creating multiple btct accounts to create a bunch of accounts for other sites to spam them.
Zoella

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:07:42 PM

The most effective promotion is done communicating directly to others one thinks might be interested in NEM, and would generally not be verifiable. By asking people to promote it in places you can verify it, you're encouraging people to spam random websites with ads, which would hurt the cause more than help it. And it wouldn't take people more effort than creating multiple btct accounts to create a bunch of accounts for other sites to spam them.

This.  Crypto gets enough spam.  This getting lame and annoying.
Angelly

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:10:33 PM

• Keep fee as is, or add a fixed amount for every x pages to ensure growth of project
but
  • Add rule that promotion elsewhere (FB, Twiter, G+) must be made by an account that has been registered & active since Jan 01 at least

but promoting with original (and older than the project) social media accounts can hinder sockpuppets

I believe, you have to allow new account to ask for a spot, new user is good! but what we need to do is make it harder for sockpuppet to get more share. That will increase fairness, it is impossible to be 100% fair anyway.

We should welcome new users. Just try to figure out how to reduce sochpuppet accounts. I think we should implement sending address check.

Do we still want memes ? any suggestions for "promote NEM" condition changes ? I think we still need some promotional efforts, most people sent in money.

At the least, for now, if you do not want to affect the job you have already done in the past and do want not frustrate people that already paid. Maybe imposing promotion only for new accounts would reduce the futur non desirable account. For now it would be a good way to promote NEM. I believe. Acting retroactively might be difficult to administrate.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:14:25 PM

but

At the least, for now, if you do not want to affect the job you have already done in the past and do want not frustrate people that already paid. Maybe imposing promotion only for new accounts would reduce the futur non desirable account. For now it would be a good way to promote NEM. I believe. Acting reoactively might be difficult to administrate.

There will be no new rule applied retroactively.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:16:42 PM

There's no way in hell all the 0 activity posters are new people.  Not even half.  At this point I've got to believe half the stakes reserved the last few days are mostly mults.

This is stupid.  Might as well have just said "selling 1M share stake for .01 BTC, buy as many as you like until they sell out".

Would have been more honest. Now we have a majority of the ownership community starting off on a dishonest foot.

Anonymity.  Some people have said before they want to invest in NEM anonymously.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Zoella

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:24:49 PM

Anonymity.  Some people have said before they want to invest in NEM anonymously.

And?  How is this any more anonymous than someone sending you a PM with a transaction ID for 10, 20, or 30+ shares?  At this point you're publishing the user ID's of everyone interested.  Everyone would see the transaction, but you are forcing those transactions to be tied to a user account.

I'd just rather people didn't have to resort to dishonesty, and for the crypto community not to say "well, nothing we can do about it" and give up / move on.  Just sets a couple of very bad precedents.
BTCHunter2010

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:25:24 PM

PLEASE!

Look at this next account to 3243382701527979272 and what do you notice?
This "man" has here (I have not counted) made ​​more than + 50 shares!!
That's so unfair I have to no more words!
I would like to be taken on this user for ALL imitators all NEM share away!
That can not be so hard wine little research to operate??
This guy is a stakeholder in NXT and has so much time that he daily +50 Nem shares "buy"!

It is surely easy to control such a thing and he's always on!!!!

Please does what, or I'm gone and do that what's going on Puplik.

Notice:
Should not be done, I waive my NEM share!
Zoella

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:29:28 PM

PLEASE!

This guy is a stakeholder in NXT and has so much time that he daily +50 Nem shares "buy"!

Notice:

Shit, look at this one too...

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=10715382765594435905

JFC this is a fucking joke.  I guess that teaches me to be honest.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:30:49 PM

PLEASE!

Notice:

That's BTER account. People sending from BTER directly to NEM's account. Now I see some persistent attempts to badmouth and sabotage NEM's project, specially from some people who has a special interest in seeing NEM fail. But this project will move forward. Sabotage attempts mean haters are already fearful of the "Movement". But if you love NEM, don't worry, the march of the people will go on. I will be here to make sure of it.

NEM = NO ENVY and NO HATE Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:32:50 PM

And Reason, please.  Grin

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
Zoella

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:40:35 PM

PLEASE!

Notice:

That's BTER account. People sending from BTER directly to NEM's account. Now I see some persistent attempts to badmouth and sabotage NEM's project, specially from some people who has a special interest in seeing NEM fail. But this project will move forward. Sabotage attempts means some haters are already fearful of the "Movement". But if you love NEM, don't worry, the march of the people will go on. I will be here to make sure of it.

OK, so all I need to do in order to get more stake is transfer some NXT to BTer and you can't tell that it's all coming from the same person?  If you really wanted to limit this to one stake per person, I'm surprised you didn't think this kind of stuff through.  You could simply require transfers to come from a personal account.

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is built on an imaginary concept of fair, that seems to change with the wind. To be honest, I think I'm liking the NXT distribution better.  It's "my" fault I didn't get in on that, not a disorganized funding.

And I'm still waiting to hear about the shadow funding and what they expect in return.  As well as how the fundraising portion doesn't have to be fair, because the genesis block creation will be?  Just a lot of questions I'd like to see answered.
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:54:50 PM

As well as how the fundraising portion doesn't have to be fair, because the genesis block creation will be?

GB shares = (number of interested posts) / 4billion

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:59:31 PM

PLEASE!

Notice:

That's BTER account. People sending from BTER directly to NEM's account. Now I see some persistent attempts to badmouth and sabotage NEM's project, specially from some people who has a special interest in seeing NEM fail. But this project will move forward. Sabotage attempts means some haters are already fearful of the "Movement". But if you love NEM, don't worry, the march of the people will go on. I will be here to make sure of it.

OK, so all I need to do in order to get more stake is transfer some NXT to BTer and you can't tell that it's all coming from the same person?  If you really wanted to limit this to one stake per person, I'm surprised you didn't think this kind of stuff through.  You could simply require transfers to come from a personal account.

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is built on an imaginary concept of fair, that seems to change with the wind. To be honest, I think I'm liking the NXT distribution better.  It's "my" fault I didn't get in on that, not a disorganized funding.

And I'm still waiting to hear about the shadow funding and what they expect in return.  As well as how the fundraising portion doesn't have to be fair, because the genesis block creation will be?  Just a lot of questions I'd like to see answered.

Look at this 14343293611098709683 and you can clearly see that he's farming the NEM stakes since they cost 10 nxt all night long.

Isn't it NEM's account ? I can't believe these haters have gotten to that level  Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PiNX

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

Too much haters on NEM.  Great concept and execution.  Don't let them get under your skin.

PiNX LOVES NEM!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: