Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:56:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:53:05 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 10:29:09 PM by Jaguar0625

It doesn't matter if the code that has been officially released to the public is flawed incomplete or whatever. NXT uses non obfuscated Java which means that anyone can look at the most recent clients code by simply decompiling the jar.
None of the clones are using the "open source code". If they are they are they are doing it wrong Smiley
Of course NXT will make quite a "jump" with 0.6.0 because the code has been refactored which is why they are holding it back for as long as possible - so the clones can't profit from that refactor.

We placed a copy of the latest decompiled NXT code in our repository https://github.com/NxtEM/nem. At the moment, we are still working out a development plan and deciding how ambitious we want NEM to be. Be patient and stay tuned Smiley.

NEM - nem.io
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:11:27 PM

We placed a copy of the latest decompiled NXT code in our repository https://github.com/NxtEM/nem. At the moment, we are still working out a development plan and deciding how ambitious we want NXT to be. Be patient and stay tuned Smiley.

Does it mean that it will have the same API calls like NXT
and connecting to the NEM RS will work in simillar way like to NRS?

bongo2014

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:31:34 PM

1P62voqpZiYhXPPEWsmwuqLSfFhXV7RqEE   is my btc wallet address. https://blockchain.info/tx/8e23a61cab9d4674ce2bf2bbc561cf905aa5986bc1c8859f08ad192b9f219b63  is the transaction
I have sent 0.035btc. Thanks a lot.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:47:14 PM

I see fast growth here compared to other Nxt clones. Keep it up! Wink

Those other clones are probably scams. People who are "interested", are just trying luck, I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:40:23 PM

It doesn't matter if the code that has been officially released to the public is flawed incomplete or whatever. NXT uses non obfuscated Java which means that anyone can look at the most recent clients code by simply decompiling the jar.
None of the clones are using the "open source code". If they are they are they are doing it wrong Smiley
Of course NXT will make quite a "jump" with 0.6.0 because the code has been refactored which is why they are holding it back for as long as possible - so the clones can't profit from that refactor.

We placed a copy of the latest decompiled NXT code in our repository https://github.com/NxtEM/nem. At the moment, we are still working out a development plan and deciding how ambitious we want NXT to be. Be patient and stay tuned Smiley.

Do you mean how ambitious you wan't NEM to be ?
I think if NEM want's to have a place it needs to improve things over NXT. I don't think this whole silver for NXT thing is going to work out if it's really a pure clone even if the source is different.

Everytune i see a new bitcoin clone or a clone of any other coin that improves nothing I'm thinking "why the hell would anyone want this ?".

Gabby18

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:09:16 PM

hello together

I have a question and goes to utopianfuture and jaguar.
I would like to know more of you, after all it is also trust.
Let's start simply times personally.
-where are you from
-how old are you
-what is your profession

Dear you have utopianfuture times at the beginning indicated that you invest a nxt stakeholders are and would also personally if not enough money comes in at launch.

As for your Next account is?

At the end of the question what moves you as much time and energy into the project to put in?

regards
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:02:29 PM

Quick update: the stakeholder list is updated to page 6 of the second registration thread. We are at 1571.

1. Now I would like to have a second pair of eyes to re-check all the incoming transactions to make sure they are legit and satisfy the sending address condition aka counter -sockpuppet measure.  I would continue to check everything when I update the stakeholder list but I think a second eyes to double check everything would give stakeholder list a greater degree of reliability and transparency.  The person who do this would start from the registration thread 2 and continue until the fundraising is over. He should PM me if he find any issue with a particular stake spot reservation. This position would be given 1 dev stake and also a big thanks from NEM community.

2. I would temporarily stop "promotion to qualify" in a next few days to try some direct advertising to see if we see any differences in the new number of registrations. The goal has always been to reach out to a large and diverse base of users who do not necessarily have an experience with cryptocurrency before.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

Quick update: the stakeholder list is updated to page 6 of the second registration thread. We are at 1571.

1. Now I would like to have a second pair of eyes to re-check all the incoming transactions to make sure they are legit and satisfy the sending address condition aka counter -sockpuppet measure.  I would continue to check everything when I update the stakeholder list but I think a second eyes to double check everything would give stakeholder list a greater degree of reliability and transparency.  The person who do this would start from the registration thread 2 and continue until the fundraising is over. He should PM me if he find any issue with a particular stake spot reservation. This position would be given 1 dev stake and also a big thanks from NEM community.

2. I would temporarily stop "promotion to qualify" in a next few days to try some direct advertising to see if we see any differences in the new number of registrations. The goal has always been to reach out to a large and diverse base of users who do not necessarily have an experience with cryptocurrency before.

ugh, thats a crappy job.  ill volunteer if no one else does.  but IMO the dev stake in question should be dependent on a high accuracy % target of a doublecheck.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:08:31 PM

I have bought a stake, just cus why not....but I'm curious do people think this will overcome nxt? Will NEM have as good a community as nxt?

or should i go buy some nxt right now too?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:14:19 PM

hello together

-where are you from
-how old are you
-what is your profession

Dear you have utopianfuture times at the beginning indicated that you invest a nxt stakeholders are and would also personally if not enough money comes in at launch.

At the end of the question what moves you as much time and energy into the project to put in?

regards

I pursue this project because it is worth doing. I am not a NXT founder but could be considered an early adopter. My financial details is of no interest to anyone but I can let a detail out that I have one account belong to the NXT blockchain explorer's top account list. I have no desire to publicly reveal my personal information but I am not anonymous so a couple of people here knows me at a personal level.

Jaguar will answer as much as he want but again it should be very clear that we are under no obligation to answer personal questions.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:24:11 PM

Are you attempting to deliver a coin that really has a future though? or is this just pump and dump? I love the equal shares tho, so I'm hoping it isn't just pump and dump.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

Are you attempting to deliver a coin that really has a future though? or is this just pump and dump? I love the equal shares tho, so I'm hoping it isn't just pump and dump.

Pump and dump is imho not likely here because everyone has the same amount to start with.
With a distribution like NEMs it's hard to tell how each stakeholder will act. Some may only be ought to make some quick dough. I believe that the majority is going to hold on to their NEMs until it's worth a decent amount and then dump it slowly. Hopefully a decent number of stakeholders will actually realize that this project does have a shot at becoming one of the top crypto currencies and will use their NEMs for giveaways bounties and promoting the coin because that is how NEM is going to become big and this is actually also how the real big money could be made.

Errror

Activity: 47
Merit: 25

ggwp

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:50:36 PM

The patient,
I dont think NEM will overcome NXT, but it could. Regarding, if you should buy some NXT, yes you should.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫     ico.TrueGame.io     ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
BLOCKCHAIN BASED GAMES OF CHANCE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄  PRE-SALE 5th March  ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄[/cente
Sportfreund1488

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:04:05 PM

I will give some of my share 10 percent of bounty and development.
Giveaways there are not with me. I have no truck.
A further 5% I would donate for advertising.

I find the question of Gabby did not even too personal that would create more trust ...
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

I'm following this thread for a while now, and I got the impression that utopianfuture really has a long term plan(s) here. Nothing said here made me even think about NEM being pump and dump. I read from utopianfuture that he sees NEM as Litecoin to Bitcoin. But there is far more than that here in the planing. I believe in somewhat distant future NEM and NXT will be working way more synergetically than what BTC and LTC are doing right now. I believe that NEM and NXT could be like Mint to Ubuntu. I would definitely rather install Mint on my computer because it better serves my requirements but to say that Mint is going to overthrown Ubuntu - no way. They rely on Ubuntu's repositories and everything. But together Ubuntu and it's clones in my opinion rule the personal linux space: Mandriva (or mandrake), SUSE etc.. They are still there but negligible.

I think that utopianfuture really has strength to move NEM and has a plan, even probably a plan within plan to enrich both communities (NEM and NXT).
I have pretty high opinion about him and my impression is that making just pump and dump coin really is beneath utopianfutures both capabilities and moral standards.

As a NXT adopter myself (although in several orders of magnitude lower - not nearly to be in some top list of NXT holders) I would never go intentionally hurting NXT protocol, currency or community. I myself am also dissatisfied with some decisions in NXT's distribution and also some other areas, but the community has never been anything but most inspiring and nice! I'm very happy so far what my very humble investment in NXT made me so far
NEM is the first crypto that I was furtunate enough to get in on time and now I want to give it back to both communities! Unfortunately I'm not a programmer. But I would like to share some ideas tha may help. :-)

NEM has fantastic opportunity to be a really penetrating new payment solution. Look what Dodge achieved and it is a joke. Imagine what we could do with NEM? When I was trying to pay for my son's stake I was choosing between paying with BTC or with NXT. The thought of raising the Armory beast for BTC was so painful and would take me couple of hours of destroying my almost decade old HDD and when I compared it to the starting NXT it was decided in millisecond. I would have probably transferred the money via NXT android app if there was a QR code or alias of the NXT address on the first page of the thread.

NXT/NEM really can be BTC 2.0 and an answer to what Andreas is targeting - the other 6 billion people on the planet. We need not 1,5k stake holders, we need 15 million early stakeholders. Of course that that will result in me and everyone else getting a smaller piece of the pie but I would very willingly give up of all my stakes in every crypto that I have if that would bring us all at least one more step to Utopian future. Pun intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2wqSDupcxY

Also BCNext said something about: "A world with the money can not be perfect." :-)

Now, I strayed away and it is not my intention to build a big wall of text. My desire is to help make a better world for my son but not on the expense of others. :-) I wish everyone a great weekend!

As soon as I distill my ideas I'll post them. Thank you for reading!
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:31:05 PM

Hey devs... I believe you should give an honorary position to BCNext on the list... not joking!    Smiley

If it wouldn't be for BCNext we probably wouldn't have this thread or the list at all! :-D

Imagine the surprise when the identity of BCNext is discovered that he is for example Andreas Antonopoulos :-)

Even more fun would be to observe price charts! :-D
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Hey devs... I believe you should give an honorary position to BCNext on the list... not joking!   Smiley

If it wouldn't be for BCNext we probably wouldn't have this thread or the list at all! :-D

Imagine the surprise when the identity of BCNext is discovered that he is for example Andreas Antonopoulos :-)

Even more fun would be to observe price charts! :-D

We have not heard from BCNext for two months so he probably does not take NEM. But I have reserved a dev spot for Mr. Jean Luc for his works on NXT 0.6.0, even though it is not clear whether NEM would take anything from his works.

I continue to tweak the front page to eliminate some cheesy parts. It should read professional and also concisely tell what is NEM if a new user stumbles  upon the front page.    

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Jaguar0625

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:27:59 PM

Does it mean that it will have the same API calls like NXT
and connecting to the NEM RS will work in simillar way like to NRS?

My current thinking is that NEM v1 will support the current NXT API. Although the API might be limiting in some cases, this will make it essentially free for NXT-compatible exchanges and services to support NEM.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:29:37 PM

Do you mean how ambitious you wan't NEM to be ?
I think if NEM want's to have a place it needs to improve things over NXT. I don't think this whole silver for NXT thing is going to work out if it's really a pure clone even if the source is different.

Yep Smiley. Good catch. I updated my original post.

NEM - nem.io
Jaguar0625

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:36:22 PM

hello together

-where are you from
-how old are you
-what is your profession

regards

I pursue this project because it is worth doing. I am not a NXT founder but could be considered an early adopter. My financial details is of no interest to anyone but I can let a detail out that I have one account belong to the NXT blockchain explorer's top account list. I have no desire to publicly reveal my personal information but I am not anonymous so a couple of people here knows me at a personal level.

Jaguar will answer as much as he want but again it should be very clear that we are under no obligation to answer personal questions.

I can say that I do not have a NXT account on the blockchain explorer's top account list Smiley. My NXT account is in my signature.

I'm doing this because I liked a lot of the concepts of NXT, but I think it can be improved on. I didn't like the way NXT was distributed and think that it's concentration will hurt it in the long-run (my own opinion). One of my other (non-crypto) side-projects has been winding down, and I had been looking for a new side-project. This seemed like a good fit.

NEM - nem.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: