Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Secondleo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:36:13 PM

Im well aware that Im under suspicion, I have no BTT history and I made account on BTT only beacuse I heard of NEM. But I totally dont care, because I sent money to utopianfuture and that way I made a deal. I accepted conditions of SOCIAL CONTRACT which is the first post in this threat. I have nothing to fear, but you guys.

You really seem to not be able to grasp tha fact, that making multiple accounts and buy multiple times is allowed. Whats wrong with you? It is part of that social contract. And now you come here saying things like, give us ID or you wont get NEM.

You are turning it in SCAM. Your ideas are actually more dangerous to NEM than hoarders. Can you imagine how angry those people will be when they wont get their 5 or 10 stakes they paid for, based on the fact that buying multiple stakes is ALLOWED. They will be swarming against NEM, You promised them something and then you change it, that is not how "fair" is done.

And really how rational it is to persecuate people with multiple buyins, knowing that any rich person ...any Nxt stakeholder will have no problem to buy millions of NEM from exchange or other stakeholders after NEM is released. What you gonna do with it?

Will there be some central planning? Will you forbid reach people to buy 10 percent of NEM when price will go down?
I just dont see any point in what you guys are trying to do.

And you can think Im sockpuppet scammer guy with bad english, but my points are valid.

There is a maximum of two transactions from one address as well as specifically mentioned anti sockpuppet measures. The reason I throw around ideas is, that NXT is under some heavy and fully reasonable criticism concerning it's distribution.

If NEM starts and there will be people with a considerable percentage of all held coins, it will get the same criticism. This is something I personally would like to avoid.

The better the distribution of a coin the more trust can be put into it.

I have to admit though, that all current ideas I have brought forth are attackable in some way. Either it is connected to too much trust, is not specific enough or doesn't work out for all people. You can't satisfy everyone on the other hand. Thats reality. Someone will be left out. Always.

It would be nice to hear a well working idea though. Or maybe even the sentiment that everyone should just get as much as they pay and let them pay as much as they want.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:42:57 PM

Some updates on Reddit direct advertising. As it turns out Reddit advertising demand greatly exceeds the supply of advertising slots in the Bitcoin sub-reddit.  

I managed to book 1 day slot from 2/28 to 3/1 on the Bitcoin sub-reddit; fully paid for and ready to go.
The title is "A new kind of cryptocurrency. The first egalitarian coin. Join NEM to change the world " with the link go directly to our front page.

Litecoin sub-reddit is also fully booked even further out. So I turned to the Dogecoin sub-reddit. This ad would run from 2/5 to 2/7 for two days. The title is "Envy no more. The first egalitarian coin. Join the movement. NEM registration is open" with the link go directly to our front page.

These are trial runs and funded by my personal budget so we will have to see how effective they are. I will stop the "share the word to get a stake" after page 20 until 2 day of Doge sub-reddit advertising is over.  We don't even know if the fundraising is still open on 2/28 when we have the Bitcoin subreddit advertising but at that point I expect that we would have much more details about NEM development plan and a good front site for NEM.

All of these ad are subject to approval by Reddit so nothing is certain yet.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:46:43 PM

Some updates on Reddit direct advertising. As it turns out Reddit advertising demand greatly exceeds the supply of advertising slots in the Bitcoin sub-reddit.  

I managed to book 1 day slot from 2/28 to 3/1 on the Bitcoin sub-reddit; fully paid for and ready to go.
The title is "A new kind of cryptocurrency. The first egalitarian coin. Join NEM to change the world " with the link go directly to our front page.

Litecoin sub-reddit is also fully booked even further out. So I turned to the Dogecoin sub-reddit. This ad would run from 2/5 to 2/7 for two days. The title is "Envy no more. The first egalitarian coin. Join the movement. NEM registration is open" with the link go directly to our front page.

These are trial runs and funded by my personal budget so we will have to see how effective they are. I will stop the "share the word to get a stake" after page 20 until 2 day of Doge sub-reddit advertising is over.  We don't even know if the fundraising is still open on 2/28 when we have the Bitcoin subreddit advertising but at that point I expect that we would have much more details about NEM development plan and a good front site for NEM.

Sounds great !
Are you still going for 4k accounts max or are you going to wing it if the ads really take off ?

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:49:48 PM

Sounds great !
Are you still going for 4k accounts max or are you going to wing it if the ads really take off ?

2K is the minimum and I have no doubt we will get it. 4K is maximum but 3K would probably be easier to manage logistically. So 3K users could probably ideal but I will see how the fundraising is running in a one or two weeks and make the decision.     

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:35:26 PM

i am also a newbie,i saw a post on nextcoin.org and then i made a account here for stake,newbie doesnt mean that you cant become a stakeholder Huh
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

I personally brought 3 of my friends (total newbies) into NEM yesterday, today morning one of those people called me and said, that he also brought in his brother, but his brother is asking If his roommate can also get in Cheesy ... so maybe situation around new accounts is not so tragic.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

I personally brought 3 of my friends (total newbies) into NEM yesterday, today morning one of those people called me and said, that he also brought in his brother, but his brother is asking If his roommate can also get in Cheesy ... so maybe situation around new accounts is not so tragic.

I think we're going to reach the 3k accounts really soon especially if and when the ads on reddit go online.
I hope the time between reaching account limit and actual release of NEM won't be too long. I think that could cost us some tracktion.

Krombi666

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

Hello,

I come from nextcoin forum out here. Also would like to enter but I have no clients!
Why? Because it does not work for me!
I have BTC and LTC and also Nxt at bter.com and vircurex can nxt from there or send btc??
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Hello,

I come from nextcoin forum out here. Also would like to enter but I have no clients!
Why? Because it does not work for me!
I have BTC and LTC and also Nxt at bter.com and vircurex can nxt from there or send btc??

You mean the nxt client isn't working for you and you want to send it from bter or send btc ?
You can send btc. Just go to the registration thread.

Krombi666

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:31:11 PM

thank you but i only buy btc on bitcoin.de and transfer it to bter and vircurex i do not have any client i invest in altcoins and send if i want withdrawal to bitcoin.de to become fiat i do not have any wallet.
minefish

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:32:35 PM

Is it possible to introduce a username + password option when creating/logging in an account aswell as a brute-force protection in order to make this crypto safer then the alternatives?

Debate!
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:50:50 PM

Is it possible to introduce a username + password option when creating/logging in an account aswell as a brute-force protection in order to make this crypto safer then the alternatives?

Debate!

Id like jaguar to at minimum to consider using a "username" and "password" field such that the password is salted with the username for key streching.  It will still require a very complex password though.

And it would be possible for multiple usernames to be in use. LOL

But consider this, if NEM were to go live with a wallet.dat type of setup, it would make it VERY attractive.  And if it were to get a wallet.dat type of setup before NXT did, then things would REALLY get interesting.

I envision the following upon opening the client:

User is presented with 2 options when clicking unlock, where the default is to utilize a wallet.dat setup and the user can open locally stored accounts or create a new one.  There is an another symbol on this unlock page that is an icon representing a brain, where the user can click it to go the brainwallet route if so desired. Obviously this option would need to come with all appropriate disclaimers

What do you guys think?  Im not the S/W dev, just the network dev but I think that would be ideal.
patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:50:58 PM

thank you but i only buy btc on bitcoin.de and transfer it to bter and vircurex i do not have any client i invest in altcoins and send if i want withdrawal to bitcoin.de to become fiat i do not have any wallet.

I think you can just withdraw bitcoins to the NEM funding adress. Be carefull with fees though.

patmast3r

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:57:16 PM

Debate!

Id like jaguar to at minimum to consider using a "username" and "password" field such that the password is salted with the username for key streching.  It will still require a very complex password though.

But consider this, if NEM were to go live with a wallet.dat type of setup, it would make it VERY attractive.  And if it were to get a wallet.dat type of setup before NXT did, then things would REALLY get interesting.

User is presented with 2 options when clicking unlock, where the default is to utilize a wallet.dat setup and the user can open locally stored accounts or create a new one.  There is an another symbol on this unlock page that is an icon representing a brain, where the user can click it to go the brainwallet route if so desired. Obviously this option would need to come with all appropriate disclaimers

What do you guys think?  Im not the S/W dev, just the network dev but I think that would be ideal.

It sounds pretty cool.
The most awesome think would be being able to swtich between brain and wallet.dat.
Example: I'm going to work and in case I want to make a payment or alike in NEM I'd like to be able to access my wallet from any client so I put my wallet into the "brain".
Now I'm home again and I really don't want anyone to steal my NEM so I'll switch to a local wallet.dat file again and remove it from the "brain".

That would be so rad !
If we could introduce something like that people would throw their money at NEM like crazy Smiley

It may blow up the blockchain though. Maybe we don't have to hold it in a blockchain but make it possible to put it on a user hosted node. Like if I want to access my wallet from another client I would have to have my node running on the machine that holds my wallet.dat. That sounds doable.

minefish

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:06:49 PM

Debate!

Stretch your brains and try the best you can! That's in general, for everyone.

But that option would be really nice.

And what about two-factor authentication? Wouldn't that be a step forward?

Debate!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:14:43 PM

I think we're going to reach the 3k accounts really soon especially if and when the ads on reddit go online.
I hope the time between reaching account limit and actual release of NEM won't be too long. I think that could cost us some tracktion.

I have a plan for that. The key concept here is parallel development. Technical development goes along side with user base development and community building.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Krombi666

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:31:03 PM

ok than i will make a pay in with bter of 400 Nxt coins but where i can find the transaction ID?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

ok than i will make a pay in with bter of 400 Nxt coins but where i can find the transaction ID?

Hi you need to withdraw your NXT into your own client first. Can't send NXT directly from BTER anymore due to the aka counter-sockpuppet measure.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Krombi666

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

then give me time please a simple installer! I can not do not know how to make a bath file/java to me is too much! in nxt there is not even a simple one click installer.
I have many coins and such a crap as with nxt I have never experienced before. ok then I can not enter halt or next must be a simple installer get as it also dodge or any other altcoin has
that annoys me really!
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

Hi you need to withdraw your NXT into your own client first. Can't send NXT directly from BTER anymore due to the aka counter-sockpuppet measure.

This can counter partially the socket puppets as you all may be aware
one person can create multiple NXT or BTC accounts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: