Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:03:09 PM

meh cheap nem lol

none of this changes what nem is.. just a pr fuck up

It changes a lot if he used sock puppets accounts to claim even more stakes. He is already getting very large chunk as developer (50 times more than others). Plus he also own sock puppet stakes

Someone else needs to step up and take leadership position and remove UP from developer's stake.

Rules of communism don't apply to leadership, see North Korea.

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

This is the point when you see the good use of self-moderated thread.

Trolls should be simply kicked out.
PL_CoinTrader

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:04:54 PM

I wait for UFs statement and will eventually buy my stake back. I hope the price will not rise until then.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
abofj

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Wow, I'm pretty interested if that really plays out like the PR-Nightmare it looks like.

I don't think so. Here is what I posted in the thread "If you think you can damage NEM because of this you are wrong. NEM is not about me. Everyone knows i don't write a single line of code. I chose not to use my usual nickname exactly because of it is not related to NEM. It is my personal opinion." and it was deleted instantly in 20 seconds.

NEM was always about you and your ethos of fairness. The way you obsessed over sockpuppets was legendary. This ship is going down and so do the honorable thing as captain and go down with it.

I don't care if you come out with a nicely worded political speech. You are a hypocrite and the idea behind NEM has been proven by your behavior to be the joke it is.

My only wish is this happened a few months ago when you were acting like a little Stalin, people have forgotten or dont know how this coin originated and it was 100% out of the false unfairness of NXT.

You with others didn't let up for a second on your onslaught against NXT.

You deserve the same. But I think NXt are more mature and will just let you fuck off into the sunset.

In your "language": u are not a gorilla, just a goebbels of monkeys, a real propaganda-jammer  Cheesy

ok, it is not a matter of laughs, srry. U can't help urself, it's like alcoholism.
Have some patience, play some car game for a while.
After UP posts here, u can comment with facts, no use to write about "shit to nxt" if u dont have proofs, not 1 lonely post but all.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:07:41 PM

Where are the extra sockpuppet accounts?  I only see an second account - which is legal for him to claim if it's meant for a second person.. but it's unethical..

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:08:09 PM

my 2 cents:
1. Nothing has changed with nem, this is simply the credibility of the front man. Could be catastrophic if he has access to NEM assets and exploits that or if he turns this into a campaign against NEM, but so far neither of those have happened. For now I think people are over reacting.
2. I've watched NEM for a long time. I have always been impressed by the community engagement. Nothing has changed there.
3. it is without question that UP has made significant contributions. Man has grappled with greed for eons, and it appears that it may have gotten the best of him. This tarnishes his record, but does not undo the wealth of positive contributions he has made. As it stands, in the name of fairness, I still believe that he should be rewarded for his efforts. That said, his actions may merit some penalty to that reward.

finally, gorilla, dude, you make some valid arguments and I appreciate the variety that those views add to the discussion, but please try to be civil and respectful. Some of your posts serve to undercut your legitimate concerns and opinions.

Cheers,
Zachamo

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Eazic

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

Lets be clear about where we stand:

We have the great devs, we have the technology, we have the community. So the only problem is with what we have found out about UP.

Although he founded the project and contributed enormously, what he did is wrong.

This is what we have, there is no other problem at all, so lets not make something more about it.

Couldn't agree more. NEM is not just Utopianfuture. NEM is the sum of all it's contributors...

Utopianfuture
Makoto1337
Jaguar0625
Gimre
Thies
BloodyRookie

Patmast3r
Xtester
Krysto
Tranloi
Errki12
Kooream
Zoata87
Kodtycoon

And SO many more. This is one person we're talking about here.

We want the credibility back.

Jaguar0625, Gimre, Thies, BloodyRookie one of them should stand up and take up leadership position. And remove UP from developer's list/stakes

If you don't you will be forever stuck with this history that project leader was involved himself in sock puppet scams to claim even more shares.

Take steps now to fix this as once coins are distributed you won't be able to do anything

mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:10:45 PM

I'm going to be very honest now at the risk of losing my stake:

UF will either have to come with an incredible explanation or I see just one solution and that's out with UF. Seriously.

How in the world can some of you justify his actions? Because he is the "founder" of this coin?
Don't the same rules apply to him? He would already have gotten a stake and now trying to claim several more under aliases? Intolerable to me!
After all the stuff that has been going on to get rid of sockpuppets? Now this. Incredible...  Angry

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:11:44 PM

my 2 cents:
1. Nothing has changed with nem, this is simply the credibility of the front man. Could be catastrophic if he has access to NEM assets and exploits that or if he turns this into a campaign against NEM, but so far neither of those have happened. For now I think people are over reacting.
2. I've watched NEM for a long time. I have always been impressed by the community engagement. Nothing has changed there.
3. it is without question that UP has made significant contributions. Man has grappled with greed for eons, and it appears that it may have gotten the best of him. This tarnishes his record, but does not undo the wealth of positive contributions he has made. As it stands, in the name of fairness, I still believe that he should be rewarded for his efforts. That said, his actions may merit some penalty to that reward.

finally, gorilla, dude, you make some valid arguments and I appreciate the variety that those views add to the discussion, but please try to be civil and respectful. Some of your posts serve to undercut your legitimate concerns and opinions.

Cheers,
Zachamo

Who's Gorilla...?  Wink

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:11:53 PM

seems that the distribution is even worst than NXT.
so what we have? a non tested/used coin?

How is the distribution all of a sudden worse than NXT ?

Nxt did not have 10% developer's stakes, and there is no evidence BCNext used sockpuppet to claim stakes (maybe he did, but at least he wasn't caught with it : )

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

The problem is UP is the moderator  Wink
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Is this thread moderated?

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Is this thread moderated?

Nope.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TaunSew

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Having a second account is legal given the context.  What's scandalous is this sim coin thing but honestly I don't know anything about that coin / don't care.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gorillajam

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

Lets be clear about where we stand:

We have the great devs, we have the technology, we have the community. So the only problem is with what we have found out about UP.

Although he founded the project and contributed enormously, what he did is wrong.

This is what we have, there is no other problem at all, so lets not make something more about it.

Couldn't agree more. NEM is not just Utopianfuture. NEM is the sum of all it's contributors...

Utopianfuture
Makoto1337
Jaguar0625
Gimre
Thies
BloodyRookie

Patmast3r
Xtester
Krysto
Tranloi
Errki12
Kooream
Zoata87
Kodtycoon

And SO many more. This is one person we're talking about here.

We want the credibility back.

Jaguar0625, Gimre, Thies, BloodyRookie one of them should stand up and take up leadership position. And remove UP from developer's list/stakes

If you don't you will be forever stuck with this history that project leader was involved himself in sock puppet scams to claim even more shares.

Take steps now to fix this as once coins are distributed you won't be able to do anything

I wonder how many of those are sockpuppets.  Grin

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

People should calm down now.

Things will be solved in the best interest of the project and community, not according to trolls.

Have a little patience and we will go successfully through this and be done with it.

mikesbmw

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:21:58 PM

Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Having a second account is legal given the context.  What's scandalous is this sim coin thing but honestly I don't know anything about that coin / don't care.
Why are you so keen on defending the actions of UF?
Serious question.

Eadeqa

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Ok, UF doesnt like Simcoin and he created 2 fake accounts  for posting on Simcoin thread.

Of course he can't use UF account and writing on another post. He make a mistake, it's not nice to insult others devs ( I LIKE SIMCOIN)

but that doesnt have nothing with NEM.

UF is doing great job for NEM.

This is  not all. Those two fake accounts were also on Nem stakeholder list so he has been using sock puppet accounts to claim even more stakes than what he is already getting (percentage of 10%)

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
TaunSew

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:23:58 PM

Other then Ghosthouse, what other sockpuppets does UF have?  Can anyone name a third?  If not then don't claim so.

Serious question.

Don't ad hominem  me, it's a logical fallacy.  I'm not 'defending anyone', I'm challenging the claim by trolls that UF is a sockmaster but no one has shown a third account or more (with stakes)

mikesbmw

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:28:13 PM

Serious question.

Don't ad hominen me, it's a logical fallacy.  I'm not 'defending anyone', I'm challenging the claim by trolls that UF is a sockmaster but no one has shown a third account or more.
The whole reason why everyone is tumbling over one another is because of the all the "preaching" UF has done about fairness and being trustworthy and all the stuff about being transparant, making contracts...

And now we see he has at least two different accounts with stakes on the stakeholder list (before they were removed).
That's something that removes you from my trust list immediately.

Trust is all we have and when the "founder" of a coin doesn't tell anyone he has several other accounts.... Do I really need to go on?

Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: