Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:01:22 PM

2) long term/high impact marketing(this is what ethereum is doing):

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

What would you say makoto1337?  Grin

I would say that UP would be a great public face for NEM in a similar way to Satoshi Nakamoto being the public face of BTC.

Although he (or they) contributed a lot to the community, it was said that he also stashed away a big part of the BTC. So, is UP going to do the same?  Smiley

UP is not going to take a huge stake like Satoshi did (though I wouldn't stop him if he wanted to Wink ). See the distribution plan in the investor handout: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=640772.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:03:56 PM

i'm undecided,
is it better to buy a stake now ,
Or will there be a massive dump after it hits the exchange

i want in, i just don;t want to pay 20 x more  Huh

Hard to tell, but I think the valuation will be 10x what it is now when launch comes, so even if you buy now I don't think you will lose anything in the long term.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

i'm undecided,

Hard to tell, but I think the valuation will be 10x what it is now when launch comes, so even if you buy now I don't think you will lose anything in the long term.

You think it will launch at 50 million dollars?
i can't recall one coin which has ever launched at that market cap,

Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

i'm undecided,

i want in, i just don;t want to pay 20 x more  Huh

I think between 20 and 40 million is realistic.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

i'm undecided,

Maybe not on launch day, but certainly within a few weeks of launch.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:39:09 PM

NEM already goes up a lot when UtopianFuture delays issuing tokens by a day or two and then down when the tokens are issued.  If UF completely stopped issuing tokens, we'ld hit 30K NxT stake within days.

When the weak hands are finally gone NEM is only going to go up.  It's easier to get rid of 300 weak hands with small stakes than to get rid of a few dumping whales (as per most alts) who own 60%+ of a coin.

The weak hands are currently dumping their stakes.  By the time NEM launches it'll be traders and holders (as oppose to dumpers as per most new alts)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:53:17 PM

Indeed it would be important to plant a NEM seed in at least two Universities: MIT and Standford. However we should not only give NEM for free, but go one step further and organize some creative events to attract the great minds/entrepreneurs/developers/hackers. One such event would be a hackathon for building the best app upon our blockchain, another could be an event where people should come up with the most innovative business ideas to incorporate NEM. A lot more can be done - you name it. If we manage to plant some NEM clubs in these Universities I think we could also kindle an interesting and intelligent discussion regarding our technological innovation, regarding our economic innovation(equality experiment) and regarding our social innovation(the NEM movement).

+1000!
Great idea you've got there. Wouldn't be too hard to implement,(hardest part I guess would be getting a college's approval?) maybe we could even let the community vote for the best app through NEM client!

How about not just focusing on the US, but doing this for, say, the first 50 or 100 students to apply at major universities around the world, like MIT, Stanford, CMU, CalTech, Peking University (北京大学), Tokyo University (東京大学), UCL, Oxford, etc.? Just verify that their e-mail address if from there, and give them like 10,000 NEM each.

Good points. Though I think we shouldn't give 10000 directly, bur rather create a secret plan how each student Nemster should try and plant a NEM nest in his university and "conquer" it for us and as he makes progress he can gradually unlock more NEM. We put a "bounty" for each level up and create a gamification framework for NEM students. Each NEM we give will be more effective like that.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:57:50 PM

NEM already goes up a lot when UtopianFuture delays issuing tokens by a day or two and then down when the tokens are issued.  If UF completely stopped issuing tokens, we'ld hit 30K NxT stake within days.

When the weak hands are finally gone NEM is only going to go up.  It's easier to get rid of 300 weak hands with small stakes than to get rid of a few dumping whales (as per most alts) who own 60%+ of a coin.

The weak hands are currently dumping their stakes.  By the time NEM launches it'll be traders and holders (as oppose to dumpers as per most new alts)

Agree. After the alpha launch, even the sceptics cannot complain about NEM anymore.
grimoir

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:44:54 PM

nem surely will go to the moon
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

Indeed it would be important to plant a NEM seed in at least two Universities: MIT and Standford. However we should not only give NEM for free, but go one step further and organize some creative events to attract the great minds/entrepreneurs/developers/hackers. One such event would be a hackathon for building the best app upon our blockchain, another could be an event where people should come up with the most innovative business ideas to incorporate NEM. A lot more can be done - you name it. If we manage to plant some NEM clubs in these Universities I think we could also kindle an interesting and intelligent discussion regarding our technological innovation, regarding our economic innovation(equality experiment) and regarding our social innovation(the NEM movement).

+1000!
Great idea you've got there. Wouldn't be too hard to implement,(hardest part I guess would be getting a college's approval?) maybe we could even let the community vote for the best app through NEM client!

How about not just focusing on the US, but doing this for, say, the first 50 or 100 students to apply at major universities around the world, like MIT, Stanford, CMU, CalTech, Peking University (北京大学), Tokyo University (東京大学), UCL, Oxford, etc.? Just verify that their e-mail address if from there, and give them like 10,000 NEM each.

Good points. Though I think we shouldn't give 10000 directly, bur rather create a secret plan how each student Nemster should try and plant a NEM nest in his university and "conquer" it for us and as he makes progress he can gradually unlock more NEM. We put a "bounty" for each level up and create a gamification framework for NEM students. Each NEM we give will be more effective like that.

I think we should work on this ! This may have a huge impact on publicity if the cards are played wright and provide immediate results towards adoption too !!  Shocked
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:42:11 PM

+1000!

I think we should work on this ! This may have a huge impact on publicity if the cards are played wright and provide immediate results towards adoption too !!  Shocked

Additionally, we can do this. Every country has some sort of bitcoin meetups. Send our ambassadors there and shout some drinks and snacks in these meetups and do some promos. I am sure we have enough of us here in the group to represent a large part of the community. Very quickly this will propagate because the crypto world is very small.

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:59:53 PM

500!

LOL, forward 5000 pages!
a grate community!
Great community!

10000 posts   Grin Cheesy Grin

[NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread « 1 2 ... 500 501 »    utopianfuture    10000    230260    Last post Today at 10:44:04 AM
by mlwlxz

Very happy to be of this community Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:32:39 PM

i'm undecided,

aurora?

IOTA
TaunSew

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:39:23 PM

i'm undecided,

aurora?

Due to bad math.  That was when Gliss (dp*) on coinmarket cap was including the unowned premine for country coins.  I don't think the owned part of Aurora was $50 million at any point

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

i'm undecided,

aurora?

Due to bad math.  That was when Gliss (dp*) on coinmarket cap was including the unowned premine for country coins.  I don't think the owned part of Aurora was $50 million at any point

Aurora was not launched at 50 million. For a month it was trading for under a dollar. It went up fast when an exchange added it. I bought it for something like $3 and sold it later when it was high.

Of course the market cap was artificially inflated due to locked pre mined coins that weren't tradable.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 07:14:15 PM

+1000!

I think we should work on this ! This may have a huge impact on publicity if the cards are played wright and provide immediate results towards adoption too !!  Shocked

Additionally, we can do this. Every country has some sort of bitcoin meetups. Send our ambassadors there and shout some drinks and snacks in these meetups and do some promos. I am sure we have enough of us here in the group to represent a large part of the community. Very quickly this will propagate because the crypto world is very small.

Such great ideas going on here. I really like the idea of a gamification framework.
Makato, reminds me of facebook back in the day, when they verified your email account because you had to be a student to join. NEM is Facebook, Bitcoin is Myspace  Grin
I'd be willing to set up tutorials specifically aimed at these students when the time comes.
Let's SWARM those bitcoin meetups  Cheesy

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
TaunSew

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

I mentioned earlier that something like achievements could be nice too (like steam, xbox live, khan academy)

randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:48:15 PM

coinssource provides NXT and emphasizes NEM for the increase of NXT value

http://www.coinssource.com/nxt-entering-mainstream-payexpo-sms-payments-atms-nxtcafe-new-features/

This is a great promotion for both  NXT and NEM

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:41:04 AM

coinssource provides NXT and emphasizes NEM for the increase of NXT value

http://www.coinssource.com/nxt-entering-mainstream-payexpo-sms-payments-atms-nxtcafe-new-features/

This is a great promotion for both  NXT and NEM

I tend to agree, i feel this was the reason, although alot here disagree.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
trl55238

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:46:04 AM

why the coin is so expensive?

Your answer can be found on the first page.

- Fair distribution (call for participation) with 3000 stakeholders
- Proof of intent (distinct form proof of work and proof of stake)
- Large, skilled, development team.  Gimre and Jagaur were contributors to NxT.  The other developers had roles in other successful coins.

POI = Proof-of-Importance (not intent; this is not mineable)

I've heard proof of Interest mentioned before. I must admit, i prefer Proof Of Interest over Proof Of Importance. Seems to fit the community spirit NEM is trying to cultivate. Even moreso when you consider it's egalitarian principles -- "Importance" kinda doesn't fit that message, yet anyone who invests more time and energy (Interest) in supporting the infrastructure (and said principles), deserves to be rewarded.

So, in a nutshell, i think it should be referred to as Proof of Interest, not Importance Wink

Which reminds me, i need to read up more about how to run nodes as it is something i will be happy to participate in once the ball (coin) gets rolling.

dont talk to much shit,   it is and called all the time  "Proof of Importance" , and it is infact a real good choice to call it like that. So dont come on with your fantasy choice. Proof of Impotance sounds it is important and infact it is the best choice to explain the mechanism of NEM.  

Sorry, i didn't know you felt so strongly on the issue.

I'm not too concerned either way, just stating what i thought was obvious -- it's hardly a fantasy, more of an observation.

Also, you're one letter off calling it Proof of Impotence there, we don't want that.

Didn't catch that the first read. Proof of impotence, indeed! Far superior to import -- certainly to stake, which certainly wouldn't be impotent in the least. Lol!
Pages: « 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 [468] 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: