Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:37:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920063 times)
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:26:44 PM

According to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!network , there are 79 wallets online.

Note that it's wallets "seen" by the explorer wallet, there could be more, that never connected to the explorer wallets during the last 24h, and there could be less, if the same wallet connected from different IPs during the last 24h f.i.

The extraction stats show 282 staking addresses (for the last 1000 blocks), that's quite a lot, but many wallets will have multiple addresses that can stake, so it's not a definitive indication either.

For a more accurate view of the wallets out there, ideal would be to have multiple geo-located wallets in data-centers with good connectivity, and aggregate the wallets those have seen, it would not be perfect, but might be more accurate (the explorer can do that, but it means extra hosting costs and/or requires RPC access to those geo-located wallets, so those wallets should not be holding funds)

Actually, for a coin with a split threshold of about 2million with 200+million coins in circulation, 282 addresses staking is NOT a lot, not by a long shot.
The explorer does show you geolocation of wallets and its less likely that a wallet that is on 24/7 is going to check in from a different address at least in my experience, ISPs don't change you ip that often because they don't have that many to go around. This isn't the AOL days where you would get a new IP every time you dialed in.
fher98

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 05:52:40 PM

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I got a couple of coins from staking, today I waked up to the following message "Not staking because you dont have mature coins". Why?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:06:20 PM

they need 260 confirmations to mature. then u can stake again.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:06:30 PM

So you don't have enough wallets staking and yet you cannot pull the coins from either Cryptsy of Bittrex because the wallets there are disabled... quiet a situation I would say. Simply amazing.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:19:26 PM

So you don't have enough wallets staking and yet you cannot pull the coins from either Cryptsy of Bittrex because the wallets there are disabled... quiet a situation I would say. Simply amazing.

Indeed... Cryptsy did recently stake a bunch of blocks so hopefully they at least will be coming back online soon, bittrex is waiting for the error to go away which should as soon there are enough upgraded wallets/nodes online to outweigh the old ones. I have no idea whats up with polo.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:23:49 PM

Not exactly. The 260 confirmations is the # needed before those coins are spendable. The min coin age for staking is 8hours, I am still unsure whether that 8 hours is based on confirmations or on actual time since that tx was created, I am leaning towards time based seeing as we are averaging only 500 or so blocks/day.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:30:10 PM

Indeed... Cryptsy did recently stake a bunch of blocks so hopefully they at least will be coming back online soon, bittrex is waiting for the error to go away which should as soon there are enough upgraded wallets/nodes online to outweigh the old ones. I have no idea whats up with polo.

Polo is back online now.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:40:31 PM

Polo is back online now.

Polo is back online but bittrex and cryptsy remain disabled?

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:49:13 PM

Polo is back online now.
Sweet, I have some funds with them I can pull to get the network moving, as soon as they mature that is.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:56:29 PM

Polo is back online now.

We know that bittrex won't come back for awhile, not until the old nodes/wallet error goes away. Cryptsy likely just taking their sweet time, we know they have the upgrade wallet up and running because I watched them stake a TON of coins not long ago.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:04:09 PM

Polo is back online now.

We know that bittrex won't come back for awhile, not until the old nodes/wallet error goes away. Cryptsy likely just taking their sweet time, we know they have the upgrade wallet up and running because I watched them stake a TON of coins not long ago.

So they are staking and not giving the stakes to the owners of the coins? Can you prove they have staked?

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:09:23 PM

Polo is back online now.

So they are staking and not giving the stakes to the owners of the coins?
The way I understand it exchanges do NOT actively stake, they only stake when they need to bring coins online to move from cold to hot wallets, this stake could have been them being greedy or just them testing the wallet before they bring it online. In short, exchanges staking is a "whoops" kind of thing, unintentional but expected to happen when they need to move coins around. I am not sure if cryptsy does share the staked coins with those holding that coin in their balance, this would be a reason why we need regulation and oversight on the exchanges. Not to prevent them from staking either actively or when it has to happen, but for them to treat crypto coins like fx brokers do currencies that pay or take interest for holding that position, if I hold a balance of a POS coin, I should get an equal piece of whatever gets staked by that exchange regardless of the infrequency of the staking.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:13:03 PM

Polo is back online now.

So they are staking and not giving the stakes to the owners of the coins?
The way I understand it exchanges do NOT actively stake, they only stake when they need to bring coins online to move from cold to hot wallets, this stake could have been them being greedy or just them testing the wallet before they bring it online. In short, exchanges staking is a "whoops" kind of thing, unintentional but expected to happen when they need to move coins around. I am not sure if cryptsy does share the staked coins with those holding that coin in their balance, this would be a reason why we need regulation and oversight on the exchanges. Not to prevent them from staking either actively or when it has to happen, but for them to treat crypto coins like fx brokers do currencies that pay or take interest for holding that position, if I hold a balance of a POS coin, I should get an equal piece of whatever gets staked by that exchange regardless of the infrequency of the staking.

I couldn't agree more. And I have experienced staking in Cryptsy _and I seem to remember also in Bittrex, but I could be wrong-, months ago. Not in recent times, that's for sure. Even if they test the wallet, as long as it produces stakes, they should distribute it to the rightful owners. Mayve thyey do. But what is important is to PROVE that they have done it. Can you do that?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:22:26 PM

I couldn't agree more. And I have experienced staking in Cryptsy _and I seem to remember also in Bittrex, but I could be wrong-, months ago. Not in recent times, that's for sure. Even if they test the wallet, as long as it produces stakes, they should distribute it to the rightful owners. Mayve thyey do. But what is important is to PROVE that they have done it. Can you do that?

Tracking it? I would think that if they did distribute it, it would have its own designation in the logs.
The last time I ever thought about this or dealt with it was when RDD was transitioning to POSv and someone from cryptsy came into RDDs subreddit to discuss it, they made it clear that they don't actively stake. You can verify if an exchange is or isn't staking by watching the explorers, so there is no reason for them to BS on that point.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:26:28 PM

Tracking it? I would think that if they did distribute it, it would have its own designation in the logs.
The last time I ever thought about this or dealt with it was when RDD was transitioning to POSv and someone from cryptsy came into RDDs subreddit to discuss it, they made it clear that they don't actively stake. You can verify if an exchange is or isn't staking by watching the explorers, so there is no reason for them to BS on that point.

I am pretty sure Cryptsy has not distributed any POT stakes in a while, if ever. But in order to claim that they have staked it and kept the proceeds, proof is necessary... in the form of tracking it, screen caps, whatever it is irrefutable proof...
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:28:55 PM

I am pretty sure Cryptsy has not distributed any POT stakes in a while, if ever. But in order to claim that they have staked it and kept the proceeds, proof is necessary... in the form of tracking it, screen caps, whatever it is irrefutable proof...

Well, like I have said, they don't actively stake. In my opinion there is nothing nefarious going on, they stake when they bring coins online to move them around, that can't be helped with the coin age they gain while sitting dormant, its a guaranteed instastake. I do agree that they should be distributing those coins or the btc equivalent back to the userbase, but seeing as there isn't active staking I am not in the mood to grab my pitchfork and start hunting down proof.
fher98

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:29:28 PM

Not exactly. The 260 confirmations is the # needed before those coins are spendable. The min coin age for staking is 8hours, I am still unsure whether that 8 hours is based on confirmations or on actual time since that tx was created, I am leaning towards time based seeing as we are averaging only 500 or so blocks/day.

Strange, since I have my staking coins for months on that wallet. And those coins are shown to be on the staking line, and on the balance I have or is shown what I got over night.

Yesterday I had like a 75 weight. Now Its been climbing up a LOT.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:32:11 PM

Strange, since I have my staking coins for months on that wallet. And those coins are shown to be on the staking line, and on the balance I have or is shown what I got over night.

I don't know about the so called weight... I have less than ONE (1, specifically 0.85160....) Potcoin staking and the wallet says my "average weight" is 19...
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

I don't know about the so called weight... I have less than ONE (1, specifically 0.85160....) Potcoin staking and the wallet says my "average weight" is 19...

I am unsure exactly how the weight is calculated, but it could be based on the amount of coins actively staking as well as your coin age.
I am also pretty sure that for those #s to be accurate and the time between stakes to be somewhere near accurate, we need a lot more data and coins being staked for it to base those #s on. We only have 2 days or so of staking to gather the data from, over time those #s will hopefully become more accurate, if not, the devs will have to look at the code and see if they can fix it.

Also keep in mind that we should be seeing 2160 blocks a day and right now we are only seeing 530'ish, as the network gets back up to speed the #'s and the staking will smooth out.
fher98

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:39:25 PM

Well, after it change from cant stak to staking.. It keeps climbing, every minute i thinkg. Now its displaying Ill be earning a reward every 15 minutes, where thats not the case. I havent recieve a reward since 4 am this morning.

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: