Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:02:11 AM

when you guy's talk about creating a bunch of addresses are all you're doing is making multiple receiving address and sending pot to yourself in the same wallet?

I don't make multiple addresses, I make a new wallet and save an address from it in a text document or something and svae it's wallet.dat... then I load my original wallet and start sending my coins in small chunks to the address I saved from the 2nd wallet. each small deposit can find a pos block instead of having them all in 1 large deposit that only finds 1 block then has to mature again.

it's also a very good "trick" to use on "dpos" coins (or coins that give a set amount for pos reward instead of %)

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 09:12:36 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 09:33:43 AM by michelem

Do you have any idea why I receive a Segmentation fault with the latest potcoind version? It is running in a Linux 64bit with pre-compiled binary.
I didn't have this kind pf problem with previous versions.

It seems it dies (segfaults) as soon as it receives a mininginfo command (ThreadRPCServer method=getmininginfo).

EDIT: It seems the problem is the option
Code:
-disablewallet
, running it without that works fine.

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:26:17 PM

when you guy's talk about creating a bunch of addresses are all you're doing is making multiple receiving address and sending pot to yourself in the same wallet?

I don't make multiple addresses, I make a new wallet and save an address from it in a text document or something and svae it's wallet.dat... then I load my original wallet and start sending my coins in small chunks to the address I saved from the 2nd wallet. each small deposit can find a pos block instead of having them all in 1 large deposit that only finds 1 block then has to mature again.

it's also a very good "trick" to use on "dpos" coins (or coins that give a set amount for pos reward instead of %)

This trick works fine if the splitthreshold is set to a reasonable #. With the low # of blocks/addresses vying for a stake all of those small txs will get lumped together sooner than later, you will also need to have the private key imported to the new wallet so that txs can be signed and transmitted with the coins in that address.

As to @jheatons question, YES, that is what I am talking about. I wouldn't have to do it if the devs would listen to me and fix the split/combine. If I were comfortable modifying the code and compiling my own wallet I would do so without hesitation. Until then, I and hopefully others will take this PIA route and get the network up to speed.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:33:58 PM

Do you have any idea why I receive a Segmentation fault with the latest potcoind version? It is running in a Linux 64bit with pre-compiled binary.
I didn't have this kind pf problem with previous versions.

It seems it dies (segfaults) as soon as it receives a mininginfo command (ThreadRPCServer method=getmininginfo).

EDIT: It seems the problem is the option
Code:
-disablewallet
, running it without that works fine.
This could be the bug that bittrex bumped into. You should get in contact with one of the devs, davidpot5 or redrhino007, they are more active on reddit than here.
redhack
Legendary

Activity: 1860
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:47:43 PM

Is this coin takeover or still the same as day one? I was away from potcoin news.
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:10:54 PM

are you doing the math as if 100% of the coins will be staked each year??  when MINT ended up doing it's stats at the end of their first year it turned out to be way less than 100% of total coins were staked which means inflation was way less than they had originally expected... I think it was something like less than 12% instead of the possible 20%

on the exchange side of things... with the fork we had a few weeks before the switch to posv, I'm wondering how many coins were sent to the exchanges from the bad fork? is that part of the problem that is slowing down cryptsy and ttrex from updating?

I would love to get my coins off the exchange and in my wallet staking.

edit: I'm going to break up the POT I have already in my wallet into smaller deposits to spread it over the blockchain more to try to help it pick up to it's proper speed... if you have all your POT in 1 big chunk doing the same could really help the network speed/weight balance out

Yes and No. POSv2.0 takes the 5% of the entire money supply and divides that among the actively staking coins, so yes, potcoin will continue to grow at 5-6%/year regardless of what % of coins are actively staking.

Coins being sent TO the exchanges on the wrong chain wouldn't be an issue the exchanges have to resolve, unless those coins were credited and sold before they took the wallets down. It will be up to anyone who sent funds on the fork to reindex, salvage, whatever is needed to get the coins back.

I am currently working on creating a wallet with up to 500 separate addresses all fed with 10pot to get things rolling. I am up to 30 addresses created and funded, my only concern is the system resources needed to keep track of that many addresses, I am running it on a vps that isn't too great on specs.

Scaling interest rate from 1-x.x% would be ideal. The higher you're holding and your network weight, the higher your interest rate.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:46:36 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 04:13:39 PM by rdyoung

are you doing the math as if 100% of the coins will be staked each year??  when MINT ended up doing it's stats at the end of their first year it turned out to be way less than 100% of total coins were staked which means inflation was way less than they had originally expected... I think it was something like less than 12% instead of the possible 20%

on the exchange side of things... with the fork we had a few weeks before the switch to posv, I'm wondering how many coins were sent to the exchanges from the bad fork? is that part of the problem that is slowing down cryptsy and ttrex from updating?

I would love to get my coins off the exchange and in my wallet staking.

edit: I'm going to break up the POT I have already in my wallet into smaller deposits to spread it over the blockchain more to try to help it pick up to it's proper speed... if you have all your POT in 1 big chunk doing the same could really help the network speed/weight balance out

Yes and No. POSv2.0 takes the 5% of the entire money supply and divides that among the actively staking coins, so yes, potcoin will continue to grow at 5-6%/year regardless of what % of coins are actively staking.

Coins being sent TO the exchanges on the wrong chain wouldn't be an issue the exchanges have to resolve, unless those coins were credited and sold before they took the wallets down. It will be up to anyone who sent funds on the fork to reindex, salvage, whatever is needed to get the coins back.

I am currently working on creating a wallet with up to 500 separate addresses all fed with 10pot to get things rolling. I am up to 30 addresses created and funded, my only concern is the system resources needed to keep track of that many addresses, I am running it on a vps that isn't too great on specs.

Scaling interest rate from 1-x.x% would be ideal. The higher you're holding and your network weight, the higher your interest rate.

That would negate the fairness and openness of POS mining, it would also lead to hoarding of the coin rather than conducting business with it. POSv aims to incentive transacting by accelerating the weight gained over the first couple of weeks.
The only way that would work and keep it fair is if we took a play from dash and others with MasterNodes, you can get xx%/apr as long as your funds aren't moved for x # of days or locked down like dash, as soon as that tx moves then the extra earnings go away. I would definitely invest in and support a coin that was setup like a CD or other locked investments.
jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:17:17 PM

Is it supposes to say (n/a) on transactions sending coins to and from yourself in same wallet?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:36:03 PM

Is it supposes to say (n/a) on transactions sending coins to and from yourself in same wallet?

Probably. I think most if not all coins have it say that when you send yourself coins.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

on most coins, or it will say payment to yourself on other coins. but all them that I've seen the amount will be just the transaction fee

I spent all night sending my coins to new wallet... lol 10000 split into 50-400 coin chunks making sure each transaction was on a diff block, ha took forever

WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:43:49 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 05:25:22 PM by rdyoung

on most coins, or it will say payment to yourself on other coins. but all them that I've seen the amount will be just the transaction fee

I spent all night sending my coins to new wallet... lol 10000 split into 50-400 coin chunks making sure each transaction was on a diff block, ha took forever

I just generated another 20+ addresses, about to start sending coins to those as well Smiley. Gonna go slow and watch the system resources, I am also planning on using the daemon to stake once I get the addresses funded. With any luck between us we can kick the network in the ass. You really should have split those coins onto different addresses, if more than 1 block is eligible to stake it will eventually combine them back into one chunk and undo all your time spent.

Edit: I think I will stick to the 50 addresses I have. Every few hours I will send fresh chunks of coins to them, maybe I will get lucky and it won't combine them right away.
PotcoinJoint

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:50:40 PM

I just generated another 20+ addresses, about to start sending coins to those as well Smiley. Gonna go slow and watch the system resources, I am also planning on using the daemon to stake once I get the addresses funded. With any luck between us we can kick the network in the ass. You really should have split those coins onto different addresses, if more than 1 block is eligible to stake it will eventually combine them back into one chunk and undo all your time spent.

Edit: I think I will stick to the 50 addresses I have. Every few hours I will send fresh chunks of coins to them, maybe I will get lucky and it won't combine them right away.

That is correct. If you want to stake blocks on a regular basis, you need to split those payments to different potcoin addresses. They can all sit on the same wallet though. So best practice would be to generate a bunch of potcoin addresses, backup your wallet after you're done generating those addresses, start sending chunks of potcoins at regular intervals to different potcoin address each time. Over time, it should make your wallet stake regularly.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

That is correct. If you want to stake blocks on a regular basis, you need to split those payments to different potcoin addresses. They can all sit on the same wallet though. So best practice would be to generate a bunch of potcoin addresses, backup your wallet after you're done generating those addresses, start sending chunks of potcoins at regular intervals to different potcoin address each time. Over time, it should make your wallet stake regularly.

This wouldn't be necessary if you guys would release an updated wallet. You would have to do the math but I think a split threshold of 10k-20k is a good round # to start with, that would make sure that the network keeps moving.

TLDR; Edit the split threshold and release a minor update, it won't be mandatory but a lot of people will happily update if it means the network gets a push.
jheaton

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:06:37 PM

My main address is PPP-blablabla it shows my whole balance.    so.. I created 5 new receive addresses, sent a small chunk to all 5. Now my main address of PPP-blablabla is 0.0 balance on explorer? My wallet shows my balance. Im a lil wierded out &/or confused?
fher98

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 06:08:31 PM

Hey guys,

Does anybody knows if its possible to withdraw Pots from cryptsy?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:14:56 PM

My main address is PPP-blablabla it shows my whole balance.    so.. I created 5 new receive addresses, sent a small chunk to all 5. Now my main address of PPP-blablabla is 0.0 balance on explorer? My wallet shows my balance. Im a lil wierded out &/or confused?

The wallet will show the total balance for all addresses in your wallet. Nothing to be weirded out by, If you want to confirm the balance of each address, enable coin control and click on inputs on the send screen.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:16:18 PM

Hey guys,

Does anybody knows if its possible to withdraw Pots from cryptsy?

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status shows the wallet as offline, so NO, you can't withdraw from cryptsy right now. The only exchanges that are up that I am aware of are polo and bleutrade.
jheaton

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:25:00 PM

The wallet will show the total balance for all addresses in your wallet. Nothing to be weirded out by, If you want to confirm the balance of each address, enable coin control and click on inputs on the send screen.

thank goodness. so why doesn't explorer simply change by what was subtracted? and why does the last transaction on that address show minus the whole amount?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:35:17 PM

thank goodness. so why doesn't explorer simply change by what was subtracted? and why does the last transaction on that address show minus the whole amount?
I am not sure exactly what your talking about. Can you give us the address, or pm it to me if you don't want to share it publicly?
Blockchain explorers all have different ways to show the same information, you would have to be more specific as to what explorer your using and what the balance should be, the funds moved, etc.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:25:59 PM

yup you guys are right, it's already starting to clump them together. lol starting over

WAVES
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: