Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920055 times)
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:30:36 PM

By the way for any coders out there who are interested in possible pay for good work check out

https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3it48g/community_todo_list_d/cutq1kj

really long list, is there a tldr ^_^ because its kinda general not really specific

Quote:  "best coders for the price for the social media tipbot, mobile wallets, lite wallet, etc"

If you are looking for merchant adoption then I would put the mobile wallet as the top priority when it comes to development, both the iOS and android wallets are listing as 'Coming Soon!' but it's rather vague what state of development they are at, I assume some assistance from coders is needed.  I don't think you would need a mobile wallet capable of staking, otherwise it may get tied up in development forever.

On the merchant end, you could work with shapeshift.io towards developing a specific API, this would make it easy to implement in store, otherwise businesses  can just use their service with a calculator to take payments.

Then, between the mobile wallet and a merchant API, you could have a customer bring their phone to the store, and pay with Potcoin.

A lot of time and energy has gone into converting to POSv, that's fine, but it's hard to approach a business without this simple process ready to go.

I believe they are working on potwallet.com to be a merchant gateway of sorts. Have people use the online wallet. The idea is to have everyone using POTcoin with no need to convert it between Fiat or other cryptos.

I'll put it another way. There's no way I would approach a business and expect them to kick the fiat system to the curb and start speculating on holding Potcoin. I don't see how anyone else can rationally have this conversation with a business that pays expenses in fiat either. The online Potwallet has no buyers or sellers I can see, whereas shapeshift.io can convert pretty much instantly.

Your missing a very large part of the picture. You also aren't aware that legal weed shops don't use normal POS systems, they can't because no one will do business with them. They are a cash only business with very high risk of theft because of it.  The push will be to get people to use the potwallet site as well as mobile sites and apps for merchants and customers to transact. Potlabs will also be giving away a very large # of potcoins to merchants for them to use as rewards with their customers.

Are you here to actually help? Or are you here to shit on what potcoin is trying to achieve while also feigning superiority despite your clear lack of knowledge on the subject at hand?

There's no need to be hostile, there are legal weed shops with POS systems, and the law is in a state of flux on this issue. Cash only weed shops that have been ostracised from the banking system shouldn't be the only applicable scenario here. Being realistic, it doesn't matter what potcoin is 'trying to achieve' if the people behind it are only interested in implementing potcoin if both parties for transactions forgo any other forms of currency. Other than that, I've had followed Potcoin and have owned an amount since just after the launch, so I certainly don't need to justify 'why I'm here' to you.

You clearly have no real clue whats going on. Weedshops in general can't get setup with bank accounts and normal POS systems, companies like paypal or others that offer mobile card readers may be willing to work with them but they have no where to put those funds once they have them. Banks in general won't deal with head shops legal or not because of the simple fact that marijuana is still a schedule 1 controlled substance. Any weed shops that are hooked with a standard POS system likely fight like hell to keep it, otherwise they would get their account shuttered, same as "adult video" stores or websites that sell crypto.

The ultimate goal for any crypto is to close the loop and have suppliers, merchants and customers all using it. This will be the push for potlabs. Redrhino filled me in on their plans and strategy so far. The first move will be to create a "pot lane" or "pot town", focus on a small area in colorado, I think, and get businesses there onboarded to accept potcoin from customers, as I already said, they have set aside several million coins to be used as rewards and giveaways by willing businesses @100k/business, this lets businesses get on board with virtually no cost to them.

I don't care how long you have held potcoin or how long you have been doing X,Y or Z. I asked you why you were here? Many of us are here because we want to see crypto in general succeed and more importantly the few coins that have some potential. Your second post in this thread was based on a false premise as well as not having all the facts. Next time might I suggest shutting up and listening, rather than telling people what they are doing wrong before you have all the relevant info.
Where your getting this idea that anyone would want or try to get a shop to oust normal fiat for potcoin only, I have no clue, but your way off base.

I will be creating a skype channel and or a slack channel for those wanting to help get the push going for potcoin. If your willing to help, I will bring you into the discussion, if your not, no big deal.

Good luck with your skype or slack channel, I'm sure you will be hosting a great discussion Smiley

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:32:42 PM

By the way for any coders out there who are interested in possible pay for good work check out

really long list, is there a tldr ^_^ because its kinda general not really specific

Quote:  "best coders for the price for the social media tipbot, mobile wallets, lite wallet, etc"

If you are looking for merchant adoption then I would put the mobile wallet as the top priority when it comes to development, both the iOS and android wallets are listing as 'Coming Soon!' but it's rather vague what state of development they are at, I assume some assistance from coders is needed.  I don't think you would need a mobile wallet capable of staking, otherwise it may get tied up in development forever.

On the merchant end, you could work with shapeshift.io towards developing a specific API, this would make it easy to implement in store, otherwise businesses  can just use their service with a calculator to take payments.

Then, between the mobile wallet and a merchant API, you could have a customer bring their phone to the store, and pay with Potcoin.

A lot of time and energy has gone into converting to POSv, that's fine, but it's hard to approach a business without this simple process ready to go.

I believe they are working on potwallet.com to be a merchant gateway of sorts. Have people use the online wallet. The idea is to have everyone using POTcoin with no need to convert it between Fiat or other cryptos.

I'll put it another way. There's no way I would approach a business and expect them to kick the fiat system to the curb and start speculating on holding Potcoin. I don't see how anyone else can rationally have this conversation with a business that pays expenses in fiat either. The online Potwallet has no buyers or sellers I can see, whereas shapeshift.io can convert pretty much instantly.

Your missing a very large part of the picture. You also aren't aware that legal weed shops don't use normal POS systems, they can't because no one will do business with them. They are a cash only business with very high risk of theft because of it.  The push will be to get people to use the potwallet site as well as mobile sites and apps for merchants and customers to transact. Potlabs will also be giving away a very large # of potcoins to merchants for them to use as rewards with their customers.

Are you here to actually help? Or are you here to shit on what potcoin is trying to achieve while also feigning superiority despite your clear lack of knowledge on the subject at hand?

There's no need to be hostile, there are legal weed shops with POS systems, and the law is in a state of flux on this issue. Cash only weed shops that have been ostracised from the banking system shouldn't be the only applicable scenario here. Being realistic, it doesn't matter what potcoin is 'trying to achieve' if the people behind it are only interested in implementing potcoin if both parties for transactions forgo any other forms of currency. Other than that, I've had followed Potcoin and have owned an amount since just after the launch, so I certainly don't need to justify 'why I'm here' to you.

You clearly have no real clue whats going on. Weedshops in general can't get setup with bank accounts and normal POS systems, companies like paypal or others that offer mobile card readers may be willing to work with them but they have no where to put those funds once they have them. Banks in general won't deal with head shops legal or not because of the simple fact that marijuana is still a schedule 1 controlled substance. Any weed shops that are hooked with a standard POS system likely fight like hell to keep it, otherwise they would get their account shuttered, same as "adult video" stores or websites that sell crypto.

The ultimate goal for any crypto is to close the loop and have suppliers, merchants and customers all using it. This will be the push for potlabs. Redrhino filled me in on their plans and strategy so far. The first move will be to create a "pot lane" or "pot town", focus on a small area in colorado, I think, and get businesses there onboarded to accept potcoin from customers, as I already said, they have set aside several million coins to be used as rewards and giveaways by willing businesses @100k/business, this lets businesses get on board with virtually no cost to them.

I don't care how long you have held potcoin or how long you have been doing X,Y or Z. I asked you why you were here? Many of us are here because we want to see crypto in general succeed and more importantly the few coins that have some potential. Your second post in this thread was based on a false premise as well as not having all the facts. Next time might I suggest shutting up and listening, rather than telling people what they are doing wrong before you have all the relevant info.
Where your getting this idea that anyone would want or try to get a shop to oust normal fiat for potcoin only, I have no clue, but your way off base.

I will be creating a skype channel and or a slack channel for those wanting to help get the push going for potcoin. If your willing to help, I will bring you into the discussion, if your not, no big deal.

Good luck with your skype or slack channel, I'm sure you will be hosting a great discussion Smiley

So I can count you in? Now that you have an idea as to what potlabs has decided on for a strategy, any thoughts? Are you in a weed "friendly" area? Can you spread the word? Or were you here to stir the pot and see what climbed out?
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:01:59 PM

So I can count you in? Now that you have an idea as to what potlabs has decided on for a strategy, any thoughts? Are you in a weed "friendly" area? Can you spread the word? Or were you here to stir the pot and see what climbed out?

There isn't anything I can do for Potcoin until the mobile wallets for iOS/Android are released. I live in Australia and there are numerous shops that sell weed themed paraphernalia - while I could approach them, the infrastructure isn't quite there yet.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:22:32 PM

There isn't anything I can do for Potcoin until the mobile wallets for iOS/Android are released. I live in Australia and there are numerous shops that sell weed themed paraphernalia - while I could approach them, the infrastructure isn't quite there yet.

Forget the shops, you can evangelize to the end user. Now that the coin has moved to POSv, its easier to get people to want to hold and stake it. You could also be part of the push on the weed forums. There is plenty you can do if your willing to help out.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:35:20 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 11:59:07 PM by CartmanSPC

What version of Bitcoin is Potcoin based on? 0.9.4? 0.8.6?
I know it's not 10+

(going to try and compile for Windows)

Edit: Looks like 0.8.6 based on syntax "mingw32-make -f makefile.mingw" command to compile  Cry

fyubr

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:10:35 AM

I know it's not 10+

Edit: Looks like 0.8.6 based on syntax "mingw32-make -f makefile.mingw" command to compile  Cry

Potcoin is not based on Bitcoin. Potcoin was originally a litecoin fork and now with POSV I think it's considered a reddcoin fork

ps the current version of Potcoin is v0.8.7.2-g353b9a5-POSv always check www.potcoin.com for newest version
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:23:25 AM

I know it's not 10+

Potcoin is not based on Bitcoin. Potcoin was originally a litecoin fork and now with POSV I think it's considered a reddcoin fork

ps the current version of Potcoin is v0.8.7.2-g353b9a5-POSv always check www.potcoin.com for newest version

At this point, bitcoin, litecoin and reddcoin had a threeway and gave birth to potcoin posv Smiley
fyubr

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:54:38 AM

I know it's not 10+

At this point, bitcoin, litecoin and reddcoin had a threeway and gave birth to potcoin posv Smiley

I'm not sure what part bitcoin really has played other then the actual idea of crypto I guess? Potcoin was a litecoin clone and now I'm pretty sure its a reddcoin clone, I guess a chunk of code could be from bitcoin since litecoin I'm sure cloned bitcoin in certain ways/
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:02:05 AM

I know it's not 10+

I'm not sure what part bitcoin really has played other then the actual idea of crypto I guess? Potcoin was a litecoin clone and now I'm pretty sure its a reddcoin clone, I guess a chunk of code could be from bitcoin since litecoin I'm sure cloned bitcoin in certain ways/

Bitcoin is the original. Litecoin was cloned and split off from BTC, LTC is the original Altcoin, the real OG Smiley.
Potcoin was cloned from Litecoin and the POSv2.0 was integrated from Reddcoin. Its more like a copy of a copy that had a transplant.
fyubr

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:29:37 AM

I know it's not 10+

Bitcoin is the original. Litecoin was cloned and split off from BTC, LTC is the original Altcoin, the real OG Smiley.
Potcoin was cloned from Litecoin and the POSv2.0 was integrated from Reddcoin. Its more like a copy of a copy that had a transplant.
Well actually Litecoin was not really a clone because you are working with two very different hashing algorithms among many other differences, like I said Bitcoin was more the inspiration I guess you could say with a few chunks of code here or there.

Ps. Ive been around since the penny bitcoin days so don't have to explain to much Tongue
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:53:12 AM

I know it's not 10+

Well actually Litecoin was not really a clone because you are working with two very different hashing algorithms among many other differences, like I said Bitcoin was more the inspiration I guess you could say with a few chunks of code here or there.

Ps. Ive been around since the penny bitcoin days so don't have to explain to much Tongue

Some clarification for those just tuning in.
Litecoin was forked from bitcoin and the gui, hash algo and block times were changed, but it was most definitely using the current BTC code, it wasn't inspired by and coded from scratch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litecoin
jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:04:51 PM

who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley
jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:35:05 PM

So has this been decided as fact? ( The min coin age for staking is 8hours ) ?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:42:37 PM

who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Why did this remind of a tamagotchi? Does this mean I am getting old? Smiley
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:44:31 PM

So has this been decided as fact? ( The min coin age for staking is 8hours ) ?

I am still not 100% sure, but it should be 8 hours worth of blocks. It should be 720 confirmations before its mature enough to stake again.
spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:14:59 PM

Sure wish I could stake - My coins are at Bittrex and Cryptsy - I bought them to stake - no steak, hungry, just waiting...Arg! -M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:41:33 PM

Calling all cars Smiley

Would everyone reading this please put in a support request asking about POT on cryptsy? Since they are taking their sweet time maybe we need to goose them a bit.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:43:39 PM

who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Potcoin is based on bitcoin. It shares more code than not. Reason why I asked which version it was based on (I was being lazy) was to determine the correct dependencies to compile Potcoin POSv (for Windows..I already released the unix version) with a lower nStakeCombineThreshold.

Sorry it got off topic with someone saying it is not based on bitcoin. Since it is based on an older version of bitcoin I have to do additional work. Also, sorry it is going so slow but I am doing this in my spare time.

I was thinking of having various versions with different nStakeCombineThreshold values so we can determine the best number to use before I submit a pull request to the main code. Right now I am leaning towards 20K.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:26:53 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 11:44:35 PM by rdyoung

who cares who gave birth to potcoin as long as she has a roof over her head, gets fed daily and has lots of friends.  Smiley

Potcoin is based on bitcoin. It shares more code than not. Reason why I asked which version it was based on (I was being lazy) was to determine the correct dependencies to compile Potcoin POSv (for Windows..I already released the unix version) with a lower nStakeCombineThreshold.

Sorry it got off topic with someone saying it is not based on bitcoin. Since it is based on an older version of bitcoin I have to do additional work. Also, sorry it is going so slow but I am doing this in my spare time.

I was thinking of having various versions with different nStakeCombineThreshold values so we can determine the best number to use before I submit a pull request to the main code. Right now I am leaning towards 20K.

To give the network a good hard nudge I would say 5k as a first #. My 100k wallet would be split into 20 and my 21k into 4, that would be 24+ additional blocks driving the network and the difficulty.

Please don't apologize for doing something in your spare time, you weren't contracted to do this, so whenever you get it done, sweet.
Post your potcoin address and I will toss some in your hat.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:42:56 PM

Take a look at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pot/#!overview

Seems like we are getting closer to 40 seconds blocks lately?

Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: