Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:34:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920051 times)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:22:18 AM

Fair enough.

I hope one day we can see that trees are free in the world. It doesn't do any harm. Relax your minds.

on a peer to peer level feel free to talk to your local dd's about accepting it, I know I would accept it if I can afford to but have had no luck convincing most of my friends to even buy BTC let alone any alts... even tho POT has been around for over a year now it's deff still in it's infancy, I mention it anytime I'm in one of my local potshops and once the android is ready it will be a lot easier to explain it and show them how it works etc.

Some advice from someone who once did sales.
Keep bringing up crypto in general with friends/family in the most general sense you can. With the shops, bring it up once or twice and then drop it. The more you badger someone about something the more it puts them off, if you can get others in the area to bring it up with them as well it will make more of an impact than you asking everytime your in there.
It also looks like the network is finally getting up to speed and the stake rate should climb to its advertised amount, you can use this as a selling point, people are more likely to investigate and buy in to something if they are going to get a return on their investment. Make sure to bring the staking up in conversations, let people know that they can earn upwards of 6%/year by holding the coin and supporting the network.

lol yup I'm not in them too often, I'm sure to bring it up if it's some one I don't recognise and now theres like 4 shops in town not including the grow shops/suppliers. but I have no reason to go in those anymore Sad and for sure the 5+% interest/return is a big selling point for reg people who wouldn't have a clue about mining etc

I'm also a delivery driver, so I get to bring up BTC to quite a few people a day/week. lol no one has asked if they could pay in btc yet tho... one day it'll happen Wink

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:46:12 PM

I'm also a delivery driver, so I get to bring up BTC to quite a few people a day/week. lol no one has asked if they could pay in btc yet tho... one day it'll happen Wink

Get a badge with a qr code on it Smiley that will get peoples interest.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:24:32 PM

thats a good Idea, would be cheap to get a laminated badge made and I could have more than 1, 1 for BTC 1 for MINT 1 for POT (once mobile app is ready) etc...  I've been wanting to get some "I accept BTC" shirts to wear and stickers for the car as well. I've obviously tried to get my boss on board but he just said I can accept whatever I want as long as he gets it in cash.  I had my hopes up this summer for a tourist to be the first to ask... but it never happened

just try'n to do my part for BTC and crypto's lol "it's not what your money can do for you... It's what you can do for your money"

WAVES
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:34:35 PM

thats a good Idea, would be cheap to get a laminated badge made and I could have more than 1, 1 for BTC 1 for MINT 1 for POT (once mobile app is ready) etc...  I've been wanting to get some "I accept BTC" shirts to wear and stickers for the car as well. I've obviously tried to get my boss on board but he just said I can accept whatever I want as long as he gets it in cash.  I had my hopes up this summer for a tourist to be the first to ask... but it never happened

just try'n to do my part for BTC and crypto's lol "it's not what your money can do for you... It's what you can do for your money"

Anything we can do. A few "I take X" qr stickers/magnets on your car might catch some attention.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:38:21 PM

ShapeShift has added a buy/sell feature to the real time market data website CoinCap.io! You can now buy or sell Potcoin straight from the market data website. Learn more about this here: http://bit.ly/1UVFZ7m

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:28:06 PM

ShapeShift has added a buy/sell feature to the real time market data website CoinCap.io! You can now buy or sell Potcoin straight from the market data website. Learn more about this here: http://bit.ly/1UVFZ7m

awesome thanks for adding us

WAVES
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:45:49 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 07:13:52 AM by CartmanSPC

Here is a version of the Potcoin Windows wallet that reduces the max split from 2 million to 5 thousand:

potcoin-08.7.2-win32-5Kv2.zip

This version will cause you to stake more often if you have over 5K POT. It stakes more often because it divides up each stake into a max of 5 thousand coins instead of 2 million. This will not increase your staking reward. It should average to be about the same as the official wallet.

This version also implements a fix for allowing outputs to merge even if they're from the same transaction as the staked output. It does not include support for uPNP. I may compile in support for uPNP at a future date if time permits.

Source: https://github.com/CartmanSPC/Potcoin
Disclaimer: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST COIN.

jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:41:06 PM

I'm scared..
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:49:28 PM

I'm scared..
There is no need to be, he is simply in CYA mode. You will notice these kind of disclaimers all over free and opensource software. Usually its "I am not responsible if this software burns down your house and kills your dog". I have been using his first mod with no ill effects.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:13:57 PM

Here is a version of the Potcoin Windows wallet that reduces the max split from 2 million to 5 thousand:

This version will cause you to stake more often if you have over 5K POT. It stakes more often because it divides up each stake into a max of 5 thousand coins instead of 2 million. This will not increase your staking reward. It should average to be about the same as the official wallet.

This version also implements a fix for allowing outputs to merge even if they're from the same transaction as the staked output. It does not include support for uPNP. I may compile in support for uPNP at a future date if time permits.

Very nice...

Any chance you can compile one with the split set to 1k? I want to try something. I am going to see if I can goose the network every few days and get back some of the blocks we have been short Smiley
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:21:52 PM

Very nice...

Any chance you can compile one with the split set to 1k? I want to try something. I am going to see if I can goose the network every few days and get back some of the blocks we have been short Smiley

Sure....ultimately it would be nice if we could have this user selectable. If anyone knows of any coins that have this feature let me know...will see how hard it is to implement.

rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:36:59 PM

Very nice...

Sure....ultimately it would be nice if we could have this user selectable. If anyone knows of any coins that have this feature let me know...will see how hard it is to implement.

Off the top of my head, Hyperstake and bottlecaps have a setspltthreshold command. Hyperstake writes to the wallet.dat, caps I believe has to be set via a flag or in the conf for every launch. I would prefer it be written to the wallet file, no need to modify any start commands or do anything else special.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 09:11:22 PM

Thanks for putting in the work to correct this. Such a lame thing for the devs to overlook...you looked at the code more thoroughly than I did was it a straight copy and paste from Reddcoin?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 10:39:20 PM

Thanks for putting in the work to correct this. Such a lame thing for the devs to overlook...you looked at the code more thoroughly than I did was it a straight copy and paste from Reddcoin?

POSv2.0 hasn't been integrated to the reddcoin code as far as I am aware. I remember laudney the guy who created POSv posting that it he designed it in a way that made it very hard to just copy/paste it and expect it to work.
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:19:49 AM

POSv2.0 hasn't been integrated to the reddcoin code as far as I am aware. I remember laudney the guy who created POSv posting that it he designed it in a way that made it very hard to just copy/paste it and expect it to work.

Well I meant just the code he worked on, which it looks like from the Git commit was just the wallet.cpp. The recombining was originally from Reddcoin and it apparently made its way into a lot of other coins that copied it.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:51:23 AM

Well I meant just the code he worked on, which it looks like from the Git commit was just the wallet.cpp. The recombining was originally from Reddcoin and it apparently made its way into a lot of other coins that copied it.

Right and my point was that with potcoin having integrated POSv2.0 it couldn't have been a copy/paste job, especially with what I said about laudney claiming to have coded it in a way that made that difficult. I can't speak to what code was in which coins source first, I didn't look that closely at the rdd source when I was helping beta test for the transition.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:54:54 AM

Right and my point was that with potcoin having integrated POSv2.0 it couldn't have been a copy/paste job, especially with what I said about laudney claiming to have coded it in a way that made that difficult. I can't speak to what code was in which coins source first, I didn't look that closely at the rdd source when I was helping beta test for the transition.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:45:47 AM

Cogitorium

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:54:08 PM

Hi Guys, I have 21 addresses in my Potcoin wallet stacking but I noticed one of them stopped appearing in the normal rotation of things on my transaction page. It last appeared in transactions 9/16 09:50 with an amount of 0.02464116 on 500k coins. It's prevous round was 9/15 16:14ith an amount of 0.1330623...any ideas
p.s. On the Overview page my balance is correct.
jheaton

Activity: 241
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:05:33 PM

Hi Guys, I have 21 addresses in my Potcoin wallet stacking but I noticed one of them stopped appearing in the normal rotation of things on my transaction page. It last appeared in transactions 9/16 09:50 with an amount of 0.02464116 on 500k coins. It's prevous round was 9/15 16:14ith an amount of 0.1330623...any ideas
p.s. On the Overview page my balance is correct.

It combined it with another address. You can see it in the "send" tab under 'inputs' if you enable the 'coin control' feature. (preferences, display, check the coin control features.. then view in the send tab. I think..
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: