Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920049 times)
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

Probably a direct result of the lack of visibility of the developers.

Anybody know where this Coin is going on the roadmap?

Nowhere. I've inquired about some of the stuff on the roadmap that should have been completed already and gotten no response. Development is effectively dead. There has been a push to form some sort of alliance between coins but I've yet to see any technical benefits to doing that, or even a software platform that can actually tie them together.

Canada moving to legalize marijuana in April 2016, and the weed theme coins are all on there way out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/10/20/canadas-new-governing-party-promises-legalize-regulate-marijuana-sales/74260334/

I guess the market will need to rely on goverment loan sharks and high transactions fee based systems from the banks to do business.

Time for a new platform that is shopper friendly not just geek friendly.

I hope other countries follow along and legalize weed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:36:05 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

this is what i don't get.
POT techwise works for me.
it stakes like a champ and i have yet to encounter buggy-ness.
that's all i need from a dev ... a working network. <--- fullstop the end.

what most of the complaints seem to be about "projects" and "revenue roadmap".
that aint the devs problem ... that's the communities problem ... the problem is whining and not doing.

so find your focus, and turn this coin into a proper DAC, cuz the tech is fine.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
pinchecobadre

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:54:28 PM

.... The problem is the total radio silence from those still holding the keys.  If they've abandoned the project, FINE.....not great since it would be yet another (and certainly not the last) BIG LET-DOWN in the crypto-space, but FINE.  The Potcoin followers have been left in the total dark, and it's a shame.

If Potlabs is gone / out of the game, let those that are still playing know what the deal is.

It seems to me, there's still a community out there and much that can still be salvaged under the right kind of leadership.  As BitcoinNational just said, the tech is fine....the tech of all coins is "fine" - it's tackling the 800lb gorilla (real-world adoption/use) that's never left the room that is the inherent issue with ALL coins.

If I recall correctly, PotLabs (or those involved with PotLabs) are based out of Canada, and if what they say about the newly elected Prime Minister Trudeau is accurate, there's enormous potential for Potcoin and its development in Canada.  It would be a shame to abandon the project NOW of all times, but if that's what PotLabs is doing, FFS, let the people know.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:07:32 PM

.... The problem is the total radio silence from those still holding the keys.  If they've abandoned the project, FINE.....not great since it would be yet another (and certainly not the last) BIG LET-DOWN in the crypto-space, but FINE.  The Potcoin followers have been left in the total dark, and it's a shame.

If Potlabs is gone / out of the game, let those that are still playing know what the deal is.

It seems to me, there's still a community out there and much that can still be salvaged under the right kind of leadership.  As BitcoinNational just said, the tech is fine....the tech of all coins is "fine" - it's tackling the 800lb gorilla (real-world adoption/use) that's never left the room that is the inherent issue with ALL coins.

If I recall correctly, PotLabs (or those involved with PotLabs) are based out of Canada, and if what they say about the newly elected Prime Minister Trudeau is accurate, there's enormous potential for Potcoin and its development in Canada.  It would be a shame to abandon the project NOW of all times, but if that's what PotLabs is doing, FFS, let the people know.

Exactly its the silence that's the most discouraging. I've been in this thread for a few weeks asking about the mobile wallets or any kind of point-of-sale system and I've seen nothing that even remotely resembled progress. According to potlabs own roadmap the web wallet was supposed to be in development months ago but I'm guessing that's entirely vaporware.

This may be tin foil hat stuff but I think potlabs took over the coin for the sole purpose of a pump and dump scheme to make $ for themselves. The transition to PoSv in all honesty was a fairly simple thing to do, the code was already written they just had to integrate it. Releasing the roadmap with all the cool stuff they said they were going to do was just more bs to pump the coin. Again that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory but it looks more true after each day of silence.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:14:09 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

All this indicates that the coin uncertain future
Jugglex

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:20:31 PM

The future for Potcoin is huge. I just hope we can grow all together.
Potlabs please break the silence and keep up! The future is coming!  Shocked
GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 09:00:36 PM

I would sur like a statment and even a post/OP Update and Reddit Post/Sticky made by PotLab/Dev Team or such ... If some of them or all of them are not able/willing to go on, no the best news but better news then not knowing what is going on at all.
PotCoin have already survive a few "change/transition", and the sooner the community have a stand/statement, the sooner people can start organizing themself (and march on with PotCoin or not).
For now people can not, or do not want to start working/funding ... on PotCoin Project/Use&Usage/App/Wallet/Marketing/News related stuffs without any "Leader(s)/Organiser(s)/Coordinator(s)".
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 09:27:00 PM

PotCoin still lives for another week on Bittrex.  But the price is taking a slide.

this is what i don't get.
POT techwise works for me.
it stakes like a champ and i have yet to encounter buggy-ness.
that's all i need from a dev ... a working network. <--- fullstop the end.

what most of the complaints seem to be about "projects" and "revenue roadmap".
that aint the devs problem ... that's the communities problem ... the problem is whining and not doing.

so find your focus, and turn this coin into a proper DAC, cuz the tech is fine.

@BitcoinNational, your right, I should not have used the term 'Developers'.  I inadvertantly used it in reference to the PotLabs group in general that I consider the development team.  Their name is all over the coin marketing.

So please read my post with the intention of addressing the lack of visibility of the PotLabs team.

From what I see, there is community here ready to support it, in each his/her own capacity.  Just the main business / marketing team driving this platform is... [lurking maybe?]

I though the activity on the 420 Joint Alliance would kick things up, but that has withered, also.  So I am thinking conspiracy!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked   Biker Gangs have strong armed the weed themed coin teams to back off on their market...
CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:13:22 AM

Well, the wallet worked well for me.  Got my bit of interest on the mature coins.  Oddly, my entire balance was listed as 'stake', but only about a third of my blocks were mature.  I hadn't seen that before with any of my other POS coins.

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:10:17 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 04:27:09 AM by BitcoinNational

if i may chime in a bit more.

it seems to be a "leadership" issue.
not a "dev" issue. 
(i know it's just semantics, but as an outside observer when i read the thread i get the impression that the network is broken)   

the technical side is sound, in terms of network.  also POT is at a major advantage having been a POW coin for a long period then making the transition to POS.  well done.

on the business plan side.  yes there is need for reorganization of leadership and general management.  but this is also a decentralized form of finance.  no permission needed.  got an idea run with it.  

so there is an outer shell of DIY economics.  just do it. but within there can also be a kind of organized management.  so i would advise first to secure the current web properties, they are nice to have and keep.

on the 420JFA ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=874423.new#new
there is still a bit of activity.  i try my best to keep it going.  but the goal there is not leadership, more finding areas of co-operation where ever it seems wise and also (at least i try) make it a place to highlight any news, so a kind of front page.

currently 420JFA has the stated goal of co-operation on DAC/DAPP projects. that would allow merchants to adopt acceptance of #420 coins as a full suite and getting them selling an array of real products in real stores.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
alt19

Activity: 328

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:37:08 PM

estimated POT supply over the next 10 years?
the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php

also what can you say about POT checkpoints?

thanks
JaFa

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:40:27 PM

Exactly its the silence that's the most discouraging. I've been in this thread for a few weeks asking about the mobile wallets or any kind of point-of-sale system and I've seen nothing that even remotely resembled progress. According to potlabs own roadmap the web wallet was supposed to be in development months ago but I'm guessing that's entirely vaporware.

This may be tin foil hat stuff but I think potlabs took over the coin for the sole purpose of a pump and dump scheme to make $ for themselves. The transition to PoSv in all honesty was a fairly simple thing to do, the code was already written they just had to integrate it. Releasing the roadmap with all the cool stuff they said they were going to do was just more bs to pump the coin. Again that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory but it looks more true after each day of silence.

I don't think it's tin foil hat stuff at all.  Pump 'n dump schemes are pretty standard in the crypto world.  Actually I shouldn't say standard, but rather the majority of the crypto world.  I too believe potlabs is a pump 'n dumper.  What I'm trying to figure out is if the silence is to drive the price down so they can buy back in on the cheap and make their triumphant return, or if they truly are gone for good.

What's unfortunate about all these leadership problems is Potcoin itself does have potential.  Being an "old" coin listed on exchanges has value.  The name Potcoin itself has value; just look at how Dogecoin took off solely for having a recognizable name/image.  Forget the roadmap, all potlabs has to do is say "Hi" from time to time, keep the network stable, and copy/paste a few good ideas from other coins.  That would be enough to keep potcoin around in the altcoin world as a player, maybe giving it the chance to be used at pot shops.  But no, it has to be part of yet another PnD scheme.

Was anybody here around during the last community takeover?  How did that work?  My biggest concern is who controls the Github, Reddit, Website, this thread, and how that will be passed on to the next "leader".  If whoever is in charge is determined to drive the price down, they might sabotage any community effort if they still have control.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:25:51 PM

I don't think it's tin foil hat stuff at all.  Pump 'n dump schemes are pretty standard in the crypto world.  Actually I shouldn't say standard, but rather the majority of the crypto world.  I too believe potlabs is a pump 'n dumper.  What I'm trying to figure out is if the silence is to drive the price down so they can buy back in on the cheap and make their triumphant return, or if they truly are gone for good.

What's unfortunate about all these leadership problems is Potcoin itself does have potential.  Being an "old" coin listed on exchanges has value.  The name Potcoin itself has value; just look at how Dogecoin took off solely for having a recognizable name/image.  Forget the roadmap, all potlabs has to do is say "Hi" from time to time, keep the network stable, and copy/paste a few good ideas from other coins.  That would be enough to keep potcoin around in the altcoin world as a player, maybe giving it the chance to be used at pot shops.  But no, it has to be part of yet another PnD scheme.

Was anybody here around during the last community takeover?  How did that work?  My biggest concern is who controls the Github, Reddit, Website, this thread, and how that will be passed on to the next "leader".  If whoever is in charge is determined to drive the price down, they might sabotage any community effort if they still have control.

It is irrelevant if PotLabs is absent because he unloaded at the highs and wants to buy in at the lows. The FACT is that this is a leaderless project and community. What PotLabs does or doesn't do in the future, at this stage, has no value whatsoever. And no, no one will believer anything he says anymore. No one.

This is a GREAT project. I could be very, very successful. On its own, not as part of any "alliance". It just needs a clear leadership and a clearer timeline of projects/promotion ahead.

In response to your questions, PotLab controls the  Github, Reddit, Website and this thread, hence why this is what it is. That said, it can easily be taken over by simply copy/pasting the Github and fork it with a new iteration of the wallet. Volunteers? I can guarantee that this project would be VERY successful if the proper leadership is set, without changing anything but the timeline. I for one am all for it. Fuck PotLabs.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:37:30 PM

ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Potcoin with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

Jahvinci

Activity: 335
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 10:36:15 PM

I'm planning on participating with JointForce420, maybe I can help revamp it.

From what I've seen...they're likely just trying to buy back in cheap.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
www.Instagram.com/Motacoin | www.T.me/MotaCoin
www.Twitter.com/Motacoin_ | https://discord.gg/KMJrZZp
bitrev

Activity: 335

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:06:58 AM

I'm planning on participating with JointForce420, maybe I can help revamp it.

From what I've seen...they're likely just trying to buy back in cheap.

Sad.. very sad...

I got 2 pc's and on not 1 PC i was able to sync?
Jugglex

Activity: 77

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:44:01 PM

Glad to see more active Twitter.
Good step up.
spectrem1

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:45:22 AM

On another note not about Potcoin but related to MMJ - I'm am excited tonight because of an email I got from United for Care - (I posted most of this on the CANN forum also).
We here in Florida thought we were going to have another big battle on our hands over MMJ in the next election. Those that opposed the reform last election, mostly law enforcement, pharmaceutical companies, and others that stand to profit by keeping it illegal, have decided NOT to campaign against it. Here is an email I just got from United for Care -

BREAKING: Petition unopposed at Florida Supreme Court
--
Our opponents have decided NOT to contest United for Care's 2016 petition at the Florida Supreme Court.  As you may recall, United for Care won approval of the 2014 petition despite strong opposition by Attorney General Bondi’s office, as well as the Florida Medical Association, Chamber of Commerce, Florida Sheriffs Association and others.

NONE of these groups filed opposition this time!

While this could mean a speedier approval by the Supreme Court, it is at least a tacit acknowledgment by Attorney General Bondi that this petition is likely to satisfy the Court. 

The 2016 petition was changed (from the 2014 version) to clarify some points, particularly as it relates to parental consent and the process in which people can become caregivers.  It also makes explicitly clear what the Supreme Court found was implied in the 2014 version: that medical marijuana could only be recommended to people with serious, debilitating conditions.

Though the court will still need to approve the petition, it appears the most significant obstacle to getting on the ballot will be obtaining enough validated petitions.  To that end, we need each of you to go here, fill out the form, download and sign the petition, and mail it in. 
Please also encourage your friends and family to do the same, by forwarding this email and sharing the petition link  http://www.unitedforcare.org/petition/ on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you,

Ben Pollara
Campaign Manager
United for Care

United for Care
http://www.unitedforcare.org/

Anyway, I thought it was worth posting - Right Arm!
-M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
TRilon

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:39:53 PM

Already presented android wallet? Fast, well done  Wink                                                     .
BulldogPO

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:34:44 PM

Potcoin support just replied my e-mail.
They said that PoS is over and coin will get going on again!
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: