Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:54:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast BabyJet users thread  (Read 68945 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:39:53 AM

Hi Phil,

I tried some very minor overclocking. Looks like there's only a smidge of leeway on my machine as it stands right now. Specifically, I went to 570 clock and everything was fine, but when going to 580 (also tried 600), I get the following errors, non-stop:

Note that since the last update-push from HF, bringing us back to cgminer 3.9.0h2, my system was very stable at stock clock. Hashing steadily just under 400GH/s at Eligius, with little variance. Never more than 3-4 degrees variance between the cores, miner only rebooted once in several days, etc...

So I figured I'd have more overclocking leeway than 570. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Well, this is still happening when I overclock *at all*. 555 does it too. I even tried compiling the hash-fast cgminer build on an Ubuntu laptop to rule out *anything* having to do with the RPi; mined fine at the default 550, but gave the same above errors any higher.

Suggestions?

^^ Just in case this got lost a couple pages back ^^
??

CG v 3.11.0 makes it much easier to overclock, and has been very stable. As mentioned before you can see the "real" hashrate via the API. Also, you can easily change the clock rate via command line.

Your config file will look like this. Notice you can change clock and temp below the pool settings. Then when you run the full stats via the API it will show you actual [hash clockrate] => xxx

If you put in certain speeds then check the API it may not be the same. For what it's worth, 656 seems ideal for running a single unit on a controller whereas a controller that has 3 attached runs best at 604. With these settings the config and API show the same clockrate.

{
"pools" : [
            {  
                "url" : "xxxx",
                "user" : "xxxx",
                "pass" : "123"
        },

{
                "url" : "xxxxx",
                "user" : "xxxxx",
                "pass" : "123"
        }
],
"hfa-hash-clock":"656",
"hfa-temp-overheat" : "89",
"api-allow": "127.0.0.1,192.168.xxx.xx"
}

Agreed, I have 2 working stable OC rates for me, 580 and 611 seem to be workign well. I have been trying 1/2 increments and seeing how it goes.

As far as watchdog goes, Does watchdog happen due to overheating or to fast of a clock? Just trying to figure out howone could surpress watch dog. I didnt start getting watch dog errors till 615 and it happens about 10mins to 1hour.
btchedge

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

Not sure if this is a pool thing (Eligius) or something else, but my BabyJet has been dying once/twice a day after running completely stable for over a week. What do you make of this?

It will just keep updating every time it detects a new block, but it won't mine or switch pools. Restarting seems to fix it temporarily. Any ideas?

I haven't noticed any major issues with Eligius in the past couple days. I know that the pool tries to optimize your difficulty which looks like what may have been happening where it was changed from 127.99 to 15.99. That seems odd since it should increase the difficulty as it validates your hashrate. Are you aware that you can set your desired difficulty on Eligius? Perhaps that would help. I know that this can be overridden by the pool but I still set it and it seems to work.

All that being said, this past week we have seen a lot of crazy stuff with the pools. Having fail overs set up is essential and will ensure that you don't lose money due to pool issues or attacks.

Who is John Galt?
HF-Engineer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:24:26 AM

Not sure if this is a pool thing (Eligius) or something else, but my BabyJet has been dying once/twice a day after running completely stable for over a week. What do you make of this?

It will just keep updating every time it detects a new block, but it won't mine or switch pools. Restarting seems to fix it temporarily. Any ideas?
The new firmware will fix this.  Known issue.

-Phil
KaosMcRage

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

The new firmware will fix this.  Known issue.

-Phil

Excellent, thanks Phil.

@btchedge: I have failover pools configured, it just never fails over. Sad
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:50:43 AM

How did you get in touch with them???  I've been waiting a week and a half for them to contact me regarding my broken babyjet (it was broken on arrival) and i have heard NOTHING yet. Did you call or email or something else? Did you harass them or where you just lucky.
As I've said, we hired a new term for support, and are working through the Zendesk tickets.  I'm helping as much as I can (when I have spare time).  This is why I'm not posting in here as often.

The best thing you can do is send an email.  Be sure to include as much information as possible.  A 5-10 minute log file attached generated with "--verbose" is very helpful and needed with most cases. (Tip: Zip or TGZ before attaching.)   People with clear requests having adequate information and not being rude and irate or more likely to get prompt assistance.

-Phil

I've sent multiple e-mails (since my first one was closed without any comment). My first e-mail was 11 days ago. I've always tried to be very polite and I've sent a cut and paste of my cgminer output, plus a link to my realtime eligius stats. The only thing I've heard was an automated reply. I only questioned storm2k5 because he said he only waited 72 hours and was wondering what he did differently or if he was just lucky.

In the meantime, I'll work on collecting the verbose log but I'm not sure it will show much useful info as my cgminer claims everything is working correctly (save for ridiculously high hw error rate). It's only when looking at the pool that I see that I'm only getting roughly half the reported hashrate. 
mgio

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:29:45 AM

HOW TO GENERATE A TECH SUPPORT LOG:

You can create a detailed log by putting the following line in your "Extra cgminer parameters" which is located under the "Settings" tab in your RPI web interface:
Code:
--verbose --monitor 'cat > /opt/minepeon/http/log.txt'
Be sure to get the single quotes (apostrophes) and spaces correct.  Incorrect data entered in this box can break your system!  Note that this will now be logging a large volume of text to your SD card, which is a bad idea, as it will rapidly wear out if it has to log all that data.  So be sure to restore the original settings (default is blank) after your logging session.

If your log is getting overwritten too much because the session keeps dying, simply add an additional ">" to the existing one, with no extra spaces.  This will cause it to append the logs instead of overwriting them.

Once you have seen the problem occur, you can access the log file at: http://ip.address.of.your.minepeon/log.txt (so for example: "http://192.168.1.101/log.txt")

If you are not sure of your IP address, you should be able to find it by visiting http://setup.hashfast.com/.

If you can then ZIP or TGZ up the log file and either email it or upload it somewhere where you can share it, such as https://mega.co.nz/, We will then be able to take a look and see what's going on.

Again, DON'T LEAVE THE LOGGING RUNNING TOO LONG!  It will burn up your SD card!

-Phil

Running cgminer in verbose and looking at the log, I noticed it is filled with lines like this:

[2014-02-14 01:27:12] HFA0: invalid nonce - HW error
 [2014-02-14 01:27:12] HFA 0: No matching work!

So much so that the log is growing by about 500k a minute.

What could be wrong?
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:03:26 AM

I've sent multiple e-mails (since my first one was closed without any comment). My first e-mail was 11 days ago. I've always tried to be very polite and I've sent a cut and paste of my cgminer output, plus a link to my realtime eligius stats. The only thing I've heard was an automated reply. I only questioned storm2k5 because he said he only waited 72 hours and was wondering what he did differently or if he was just lucky.

In the meantime, I'll work on collecting the verbose log but I'm not sure it will show much useful info as my cgminer claims everything is working correctly (save for ridiculously high hw error rate). It's only when looking at the pool that I see that I'm only getting roughly half the reported hashrate. 
11 days ago we didn't have the support team in place we do now.  I also wasn't assisting support.  I am checking the support queue (almost) every day, and next week I'm going to give a training session to the support team to improve things.  I'm going to go over all the tickets I've solved for people and show them how I did them.

Now we are using the Zendesk system, it tracks all the tickets and nobody should be closing tickets until they are resolved.  Also, I think responding to a closed ticket re-opens it again.

So, it stinks that you get treated this way, but everyone is really trying and a lot of changes are occurring to make things better.  In short: Try again.

I'll repeat this as well; please email, don't call!  You'll get better service if you email.  If you want to actually talk to someone, just email and request a callback.  Give your # and the best time to call along with a detailed description of your problems (including logs if possible), that way someone with the right skills (possibly even me) will call you back.

-Phil
HF-Engineer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:11:50 AM

Running cgminer in verbose and looking at the log, I noticed it is filled with lines like this:

What could be wrong?
Again; anyone experiencing large amounts of errors will likely be fixed by the pending firmware release.  It's normal to have say 2% or less errors, but if you see huge strings of them, this is a firmware issue.  It will be fixed.  Please be patient.  Making support tickets with these complaints will get the same response I'm here giving you now, as I'm telling them to.

I know it's hard to have patience at this point after all this, but please try.  I've only been @ Hashfast since December, and I was one of many Engineers hired to fix things and get reliable products out to everyone waiting.  I wasn't around when any business decisions were made that affected shipping dates, so I can't comment.

Keep in mind, if you do get an RMA, it's shipping with the same buggy firmware you probably have now, so you could end up with the same problems, and you'll be out the time, effort, and downtime while we ship you another.  Also, it pushes further out any upgrade kits or MPP boards, as we must divert boards for this purpose, and then it's going to take many Engineer-hours going back over every board sent back to see why it was sent back.  (Hours that could be better spent)

-Phil
DoogieHouser

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:35:59 AM

How will the firmware be updated? I've basically got an unusable RPi, since the February 7th update. I'm running bfgminer 3.10.0 on Ubuntu with no issues. I started to install cgminer, but it would have taken me an entire day... Bfgminer is much easier to install.

While my BabyJet has been running, I've tried to get the RPi to work, several times, from scratch. Both Raspian and MinePeon will load, but neither will run. Frankly, I'm not impressed with these RPis.

My BabyJet ran with the RPi for 10 days, until the February 7th update was pushed out. HashFast even sent me a new SD card for the RPi, but nothing changed. The only issue since running on Ubuntu has been pool-related.

I bought my BabyJet to make money, not beta-test for HashFast (at my expense)  Smiley

Now, to figure out how to overclock with bfgminer...

--Patrick

Again; anyone experiencing large amounts of errors will likely be fixed by the pending firmware release.  It's normal to have say 2% or less errors, but if you see huge strings of them, this is a firmware issue.  It will be fixed.  Please be patient.  Making support tickets with these complaints will get the same response I'm here giving you now, as I'm telling them to.

I know it's hard to have patience at this point after all this, but please try.  I've only been @ Hashfast since December, and I was one of many Engineers hired to fix things and get reliable products out to everyone waiting.  I wasn't around when any business decisions were made that affected shipping dates, so I can't comment.

Keep in mind, if you do get an RMA, it's shipping with the same buggy firmware you probably have now, so you could end up with the same problems, and you'll be out the time, effort, and downtime while we ship you another.  Also, it pushes further out any upgrade kits or MPP boards, as we must divert boards for this purpose, and then it's going to take many Engineer-hours going back over every board sent back to see why it was sent back.  (Hours that could be better spent)

-Phil

--Doogie
iambaboon

Activity: 116

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:40:30 AM

+1 for options of updating firmware without RPI (using a computer as controller as well).

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

How will the firmware be updated? I've basically got an unusable RPi, since the February 7th update. I'm running bfgminer 3.10.0 on Ubuntu with no issues. I started to install cgminer, but it would have taken me an entire day... Bfgminer is much easier to install.

While my BabyJet has been running, I've tried to get the RPi to work, several times, from scratch. Both Raspian and MinePeon will load, but neither will run. Frankly, I'm not impressed with these RPis.

My BabyJet ran with the RPi for 10 days, until the February 7th update was pushed out. HashFast even sent me a new SD card for the RPi, but nothing changed. The only issue since running on Ubuntu has been pool-related.

I bought my BabyJet to make money, not beta-test for HashFast (at my expense)  Smiley

--Patrick

-Phil

The Baby Jet works with BFGMiner? If so How did you get it to? I tried everything and Couldnt get it.

@HF_engineer, will the new firmware push back the watch dog. Or is there any way to try to avoid it?
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:15:47 PM

The way I got BFGminer to work was by adding the -D switch at the end of the command line.

It took a lot of trial and error. Finally, I wanted to see why BFGminer would start the miner, and then not talk to it.  To get rid of all of the extra information on the screen, I used the --quiet switch in my start up script.

Some of the numbers are kind of strange... The first calculated hashrate is high, and I think the errors are exaggerated, but the average hashrate is bang-on.  It has been running well since Monday night. I was a bit disappointed when bfgminer declared it sick and didn't do anything, but it was pool-related, and I see that there are now command options for IDLE/SICK/DEAD, which I am slowly figuring-out. I may just try to talk to Luke. It has an average hashrate of 420.x GH/s, just like cgminer 3.9 on the RPi.

Any command line options I've added go before the -D switch. At first, it was just because I didn't want to jinx a good thing. Now, it probably doesn't matter, I just have no reason to change it.

Hope that helps,

--Patrick

--Patrick

The Baby Jet works with BFGMiner? If so How did you get it to? I tried everything and Couldnt get it.

@HF_engineer, will the new firmware push back the watch dog. Or is there any way to try to avoid it?

--Doogie
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:58:29 PM

The way I got BFGminer to work was by adding the -D switch at the end of the command line.

It took a lot of trial and error. Finally, I wanted to see why BFGminer would start the miner, and then not talk to it.  To get rid of all of the extra information on the screen, I used the --quiet switch in my start up script.

Some of the numbers are kind of strange... The first calculated hashrate is high, and I think the errors are exaggerated, but the average hashrate is bang-on.  It has been running well since Monday night. I was a bit disappointed when bfgminer declared it sick and didn't do anything, but it was pool-related, and I see that there are now command options for IDLE/SICK/DEAD, which I am slowly figuring-out. I may just try to talk to Luke. It has an average hashrate of 420.x GH/s, just like cgminer 3.9 on the RPi.

Any command line options I've added go before the -D switch. At first, it was just because I didn't want to jinx a good thing. Now, it probably doesn't matter, I just have no reason to change it.

Hope that helps,

--Patrick

--Patrick

Okay cool. May hold off just because in cgminer right now I am OCing.
mgio

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:13:49 PM

What could be wrong?

-Phil

ok, thanks. Is there an estimate for when the firmware update will be released? Are we talking days or weeks?

I'm not sure if the hardware errors are the symptom or the cause of the problem. The real issue is the babyjet only hashes at 225 GH/s. My other babyjet has minimal hardware errors and hashes at 430 GH/s. Are you saying the new firmware will clear up the hardware errors and my hashrate should nearly double?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:30:57 PM

Not to bash you HF_engineer, but I just recently made a ticket and the ticket system is called fogbugz. As my ticket infomation is located at hashfast.fogbugz.com

Also news seems to be all but dead on the MPP which is now late to ship
storm2k5

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:50:17 PM

Not to bash you HF_engineer, but I just recently made a ticket and the ticket system is called fogbugz. As my ticket infomation is located at hashfast.fogbugz.com

They were on fogbugz but changed to zendesk. My ticket # on fogbugz was like 8xxx and now it's 1xx on zendesk.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

They were on fogbugz but changed to zendesk. My ticket # on fogbugz was like 8xxx and now it's 1xx on zendesk.

That doesnt make much sense as I just emailed them today and my ticket was responded to saying their is a high demand and then saying here is your id for fogbugz. What email did you email them at? Made I sent it to the wrong email address
storm2k5

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:54:53 AM

there is just one address I think? support@hashfast.com if I'm not mistaken.
Seems like some people there still work with the fogbugz system, probably not ver helpful for the process.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
DoogieHouser

Bitcoin Enthusiast

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:07:57 AM

Seems like some people there still work with the fogbugz system, probably not ver helpful for the process.

The sheet of paper that should have arrived with your BabyJet says techsupport@hashfast.com. I believe this the ZenDesk address...

--Doogie
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:58:04 PM

The sheet of paper that should have arrived with your BabyJet says techsupport@hashfast.com. I believe this the ZenDesk address...

Yup, I emailed there and got a zendesk ticket. So now I have a fogbugz and a zendesk ticket. Lets see who responds first Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: