Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:49:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003816 times)
Chandler.Silbert

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:50:12 PM

Welcome mining friends! Point your miners to the true immutable irreversible smart contract  blockchain when the charlatans fork on October 25!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereumunlimited/new/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 06:56:22 PM

Since the latst 3 updates (at least) , my wallet takes forever to sync .Disk usage is ridiculously high and the computer slows down
I have ubuntu 14.04 running on I5 with 8gb of memory and 300G of disk . I tried with another disk same problem

And now with 0.8.6 it cannot sync 
E1019 10:53:14.699769 core/blockchain.go:1170] Bad block #2462853 (0xd7929a629b2d1226ddab5c8be6c7949b4fa3cbcafa6f0871f99b437454969363)
E1019 10:53:14.699794 core/blockchain.go:1171]     gas used error (463960 / 454930)
It's  stucked there

( i have restarted from scratch    geth removedb and after geth --cache 1048 --fast )

Any help

Thanks

Full chain is 300GB you say?

The Ethereum chain is about 45 GB at the moment. You can still put the folder in a SSD disk at present.

I don't have an ethereum wallet, but I'm wondering whether this thing is prunable or something...
Pelgoran98

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

It'd be nice.

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 10:29:47 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2016, 10:43:49 PM by Pelgoran98

I guess if some blokes wanna take down half or more of THE ENTIRE INTERNET like they did today, we have much bigger problems on our hands, now don't we.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/21/13362354/dyn-dns-ddos-attack-cause-outage-status-explained
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:52:38 AM

is another Hardfork obvious ?

yeah the round 2 believe
SanFrancisco

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 11:09:54 AM

yeah the round 2 believe

Ethereum had already two forks (DAO disaster). So, the next would be the third.
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 11:25:32 AM

yeah the round 2 believe

Ethereum had already two forks (DAO disaster). So, the next would be the third.
The third of many more probably. It is the only way to move forward.
This aint some random softfork shitcoin, its something much more complicated.
For every fork and every new attack Ethereum is getting stronger.
The ones cheerleading about ETC being the original fork will soon be on the same way if they want to move forward.

Soon there will be ET?, ET?, ET?, ET?, ET? chains.
See the reason why ETC is a complete deathborn created by the hacker and his pump friends ?

The only real chain is the one ETH devs working on atm, the number of the chain is totally irrelevant.
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:36:50 PM

I guess if some blokes wanna take down half or more of THE ENTIRE INTERNET like they did today, we have much bigger problems on our hands, now don't we.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/21/13362354/dyn-dns-ddos-attack-cause-outage-status-explained

http://gizmodo.com/todays-brutal-ddos-attack-is-the-beginning-of-a-bleak-f-1788071976
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:07:26 PM

Maybe G. Soros doing it.
Sictalfia

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:18:36 PM

This morning a ton of websites and services, including Spotify and Twitter, were unreachable because of a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on Dyn, a major DNS provider. Details of how the attack happened remain vague, but one thing seems certain. Our internet is frightfully fragile in the face of increasingly sophisticated hacks.

Some think the attack was a political conspiracy, like an attempt to take down the internet so that people wouldn’t be able to read the leaked Clinton emails on Wikileaks. Others think it’s the usual Russian assault. No matter who did it, we should expect incidents like this to get worse in the future. While DDoS attacks used to be a pretty weak threat, we’re entering a new era.

What Is DNS and Why Does It Make the Internet Break?

Today, half of America’s internet shut down when hackers unleashed a large distributed denial of…
Read more
DDoS attacks, at the most basic level, work like this. An attacker sends a flurry of packets, essentially just garbage data, to an intended recipient. In this case, the recipient was Dyn’s DNS servers. The server is overwhelmed with the garbage packets, and can’t handle the incoming connections, eventually slowing down significantly or totally shutting down. In the case of Dyn, it was probably a little more complex than this. Dyn almost certainly has advanced systems for DDoS mitigation, and the people who attacked Dyn (whoever they are) were probably using something more advanced than a PC in their mom’s basement.

Recently, we’ve entered into a new DDoS paradigm. As security blogger Brian Krebs notes, the newfound ability to highjack insecure internet of things devices and turn them into a massive DDoS army has contributed to an uptick in the size and scale of recent DDoS attacks. (We’re not sure if an IoT botnet was what took down Dyn this morning, but it would be a pretty good guess.)

We are nevertheless getting a taste of what the new era of DDoS attacks look like, however. As security expert Bruce Schneier explained in a blog post:

Over the past year or two, someone has been probing the defenses of the companies that run critical pieces of the Internet. These probes take the form of precisely calibrated attacks designed to determine exactly how well these companies can defend themselves, and what would be required to take them down. We don’t know who is doing this, but it feels like a large nation state. China or Russia would be my first guesses.
This sort of attack is deeply different than the headline-grabbing DDoS attacks of years past. In 2011, hacker collective Anonymous rose to fame with DDoS attacks that pale in comparison to today’s attack on Dyn. Instead of taking out an individual website for short periods of time, hackers were able to take down a major piece of the internet backbone for an entire morning—not once but twice. That’s huge.

If hackers are more easily able to amass extensive DDoS botnets, that means the internet as we know it becomes more vulnerable. Attacking major internet infrastructure like Dyn has always been a possibility, but if it becomes easier than ever to launch huge DDoS attacks, that means we might be seeing some of our favorite sites have more downtime than usual. These attacks could extend to other major pieces of internet infrastructure, causing even more widespread outages.

This could be the beginning of a very bleak future. If hackers are able to take down the internet at will, what happens next? It’s unclear how long it could take for the folks at Dyn to fix this problem, or if they will ever be able to solve the problem of being hit with a huge DDoS attack. But this new breed of DDoS attacks is a scary problem no matter how you look at it.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 02:24:39 PM

This morning a ton of websites and services, including Spotify and Twitter, were unreachable because of a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack on Dyn, a major DNS provider. Details of how the attack happened remain vague, but one thing seems certain. Our internet is frightfully fragile in the face of increasingly sophisticated hacks.

Some think the attack was a political conspiracy, like an attempt to take down the internet so that people wouldn’t be able to read the leaked Clinton emails on Wikileaks. Others think it’s the usual Russian assault. No matter who did it, we should expect incidents like this to get worse in the future. While DDoS attacks used to be a pretty weak threat, we’re entering a new era.

What Is DNS and Why Does It Make the Internet Break?

Today, half of America’s internet shut down when hackers unleashed a large distributed denial of…
Read more
DDoS attacks, at the most basic level, work like this. An attacker sends a flurry of packets, essentially just garbage data, to an intended recipient. In this case, the recipient was Dyn’s DNS servers. The server is overwhelmed with the garbage packets, and can’t handle the incoming connections, eventually slowing down significantly or totally shutting down. In the case of Dyn, it was probably a little more complex than this. Dyn almost certainly has advanced systems for DDoS mitigation, and the people who attacked Dyn (whoever they are) were probably using something more advanced than a PC in their mom’s basement.

Recently, we’ve entered into a new DDoS paradigm. As security blogger Brian Krebs notes, the newfound ability to highjack insecure internet of things devices and turn them into a massive DDoS army has contributed to an uptick in the size and scale of recent DDoS attacks. (We’re not sure if an IoT botnet was what took down Dyn this morning, but it would be a pretty good guess.)

We are nevertheless getting a taste of what the new era of DDoS attacks look like, however. As security expert Bruce Schneier explained in a blog post:

Over the past year or two, someone has been probing the defenses of the companies that run critical pieces of the Internet. These probes take the form of precisely calibrated attacks designed to determine exactly how well these companies can defend themselves, and what would be required to take them down. We don’t know who is doing this, but it feels like a large nation state. China or Russia would be my first guesses.
This sort of attack is deeply different than the headline-grabbing DDoS attacks of years past. In 2011, hacker collective Anonymous rose to fame with DDoS attacks that pale in comparison to today’s attack on Dyn. Instead of taking out an individual website for short periods of time, hackers were able to take down a major piece of the internet backbone for an entire morning—not once but twice. That’s huge.

If hackers are more easily able to amass extensive DDoS botnets, that means the internet as we know it becomes more vulnerable. Attacking major internet infrastructure like Dyn has always been a possibility, but if it becomes easier than ever to launch huge DDoS attacks, that means we might be seeing some of our favorite sites have more downtime than usual. These attacks could extend to other major pieces of internet infrastructure, causing even more widespread outages.

This could be the beginning of a very bleak future. If hackers are able to take down the internet at will, what happens next? It’s unclear how long it could take for the folks at Dyn to fix this problem, or if they will ever be able to solve the problem of being hit with a huge DDoS attack. But this new breed of DDoS attacks is a scary problem no matter how you look at it.

It's a conspiracy, first the U.S cedes control of the Internet to the U.N., now all is this shit!! I'm telling you, the Illuminati wants to control the internet. Be wary!!   Grin Grin

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Gasotard

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:23:25 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/58n6ok/miners_please_run_with_targetgaslimit_2000000/?st=iulezm9x&sh=503bd37d

Miners: please run with --targetgaslimit 2000000 (geth) or --gas-floor-target 2000000. There's no reason to lower it further than this level; for some reason many miners are still targeting either 1m or 500k.
Submitted 1 day ago * by vbuterinJust some guy - announcement
Gas limit currently at 1.2m; it's been decreasing by ~100k per 4 hours for the past day and a half. Uncle rates back during full DoS spam at 2m were at ~0.25-0.3, so lowering the limit to 1.2m is excessive.

Note that some client developers are considering a dynamic gas limit formula where the gas limit target would keep going up slowly, and then come back down every time they see a block that subjectively takes them more than 2 seconds to process. This would allow for an appropriate gas limit to be maintained to ensure network health without the need for manual intervention on the miners' part to change target gas limit flags; I support this proposal.

Note on incentives: some erroneously believe that miners may have the incentive to vote the uncle rate down further because they want to lower the uncle rate to preserve their revenues. However, miners' revenues as a whole do not at present go down when uncle rates go up (because the difficulty targeting algorithm targets blocks per minute and not blocks + uncles per minute), and targeting a lower gas limit does not affect you any differently from any other miners. --targetgaslimit is a vote on global consensus parameters, not a private transaction policy setting. If miners are concerned about their own personal uncle rate, then their existing strategy of raising gas prices during DoS attacks does that job quite well.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:41:51 PM

We don’t know who is doing this, but it feels like a large nation state. China or Russia would be my first guesses.

US or UK would be my first guesses. They need a contingency plan to shut down Internet and introduce martial law when dollar-based financial system implodes and trillions of dollars and pounds in banks evaporate.
Gasotard

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:44:45 PM

We don’t know who is doing this, but it feels like a large nation state. China or Russia would be my first guesses.

US or UK would be my first guesses. They need a contingency plan to shut down Internet and introduce martial law when dollar-based financial system implodes and trillions of dollars and pounds in banks evaporate.

The Sterling is already everaping at the moment. Its value has dropped over 20% in the last few months.

mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:18:41 PM

Lol, you guys with the tinfoil hats crack me up. The world and fiat economic system has been "collapsing" my whole life. Don't you guys get tired of fear mongering and post apocalyptic dabbling? I'm from a third world country, I've seen my region financial system "collapse", looting, blackouts, military securing the streets and nothing really happens if you are not an idiot, so don't worry too much. You guys from the first world can't even phantom the privileges you have right now so I can agree with you that any change will hit you hard now that I think about it.

Anyway, everything will fall into place like it usually does without major problems, right now many tech oriented companies like Google, Amazon and many others are absolute giants so there's really no point of having banks, we as a society are reacting to these uncertain times but we'll adapt for the benefit of us all (the rich and powerful will benefit a little more as usual...). We've seen this happen to many sectors lately. Right now it's ridiculous for a bank to exist in the first place, let alone charge you money for securing yours. Amazon, Facebook, Google or Apple (and even Paypal) are much more capable and friendly than them with all their security and speed to handle your money. Imagine if they would adopt blockchain/interledger tech on top of that. You trust your whole life to them, money should be an afterthought.

That's the crisis we have right now, a paradigm economic shift based on new tech. Just check the new Tesla self driving car and imagine what could imply to our day to day life. Millions of jobs will have to transition to something else and fast.

Same for "bankers" and schemers, accountants and whatever useless office employee who does nothing all day.
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 06:50:43 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 02:39:00 PM by Pelgoran98

Who knows when the hackers will strike again and who they are, like that matters. And, where? You just have to hope there's some fix for it. God only knows what. Didn't you always know it would come to this? They're hijacking all our "smart" machines, appliances, security cameras, and the whole 'Internet Of Things," you name it. That has ALWAYS been the big fear and now it is here!! Look up "Internet Of Things." Here, I'll do it for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_things It's infinitely complex, if you ask me. This is like the warning shot across the bow of the Internet.

Enjoy: https://www.cnet.com/news/internet-outage-dyn-ddos-attack-twitter-spotify/
cryptodv

Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 06:54:25 PM

Lol, you guys with the tinfoil hats crack me up. The world and fiat economic system has been "collapsing" my whole life. Don't you guys get tired of fear mongering and post apocalyptic dabbling? I'm from a third world country, I've seen my region financial system "collapse", looting, blackouts, military securing the streets and nothing really happens if you are not an idiot, so don't worry too much. You guys from the first world can't even phantom the privileges you have right now so I can agree with you that any change will hit you hard now that I think about it.

Anyway, everything will fall into place like it usually does without major problems, right now many tech oriented companies like Google, Amazon and many others are absolute giants so there's really no point of having banks, we as a society are reacting to these uncertain times but we'll adapt for the benefit of us all (the rich and powerful will benefit a little more as usual...). We've seen this happen to many sectors lately. Right now it's ridiculous for a bank to exist in the first place, let alone charge you money for securing yours. Amazon, Facebook, Google or Apple (and even Paypal) are much more capable and friendly than them with all their security and speed to handle your money. Imagine if they would adopt blockchain/interledger tech on top of that. You trust your whole life to them, money should be an afterthought.

That's the crisis we have right now, a paradigm economic shift based on new tech. Just check the new Tesla self driving car and imagine what could imply to our day to day life. Millions of jobs will have to transition to something else and fast.

Same for "bankers" and schemers, accountants and whatever useless office employee who does nothing all day.

Interesting.  Shocked

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:38:23 PM

I think this is one a' those areas where it doesn't really matter what you think. Not a thing you can do about it. And everybody was all freaked about about a few ddos attacks within our own realm. Makes it looks like nothin' in comparison.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/22/ddos-attack-sophisticated-highly-distributed-involved-millions-of-ip-addresses-dyn.html
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 10:19:41 PM

Calm down guys, the attack on Ethereum was all about making profits through crimes.

Get a dump going on through a huge theft or network attack, buy up at bottom of a panic dump of ETH and then sell it off when the price rebounds.

Trying to connect it up too stuff happening outside of crypto currencies is silly Grin

MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 11:20:40 PM

If all goes well with ethereum this will be bigger than Bitcoin in my opinion. For now it has always experienced growing pains. If it is mature enough and embraced by majority fintech , it is going to be the Berkshire of cryptocurrency.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 12:56:42 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2016, 01:13:19 AM by STT

Why is ethereum superior to bitcoin, can it avoid the current cap bitcoin finds itself in or is it much faster to confirm securely a transaction.   Something obvious like that maybe or a more subtle acummulative effect where it will surpass bitcoin eventually, its hard to beat the current standard which everyone defaults to in their support and usage.   Litecoin didnt, thats probably peaked already so Im just saying it probably has to be better in some way to do prosper as well
Ethereum is also being tested by enterprise software companies for various applications. Previously-established interested parties included Microsoft, IBM, and JPMorgan Chase.
The wiki is impressive but the price rose 10x this year so I guess that fits.  Why is the price not shown on bitcoinwisdom, etc and eth is confusing and I guess ETH is the 'real' chain.    Any confusion is bad for growth of usage in the wider population so just wondering as its all generally confusing to me :p  Is this likely to be a consumer crypto standard or maybe more business orientated

The world and fiat economic system has been "collapsing" my whole life. Don't you guys get tired of fear mongering and post apocalyptic dabbling? I'm from a third world country, I've seen my region financial system "collapse", looting, blackouts, military securing the streets and nothing really happens if you are not an idiot, so don't worry too much. You guys from the first world can't even phantom the privileges you have right now so I can agree with you that any change will hit you hard now that I think about it.

Anyway, everything will fall into place like it usually does without major problems, right now many tech oriented companies like Google, Amazon and many others are absolute giants so there's really no point of having banks, we as a society are reacting to these uncertain times but we'll adapt for the benefit of us all

Banks are unique in an economy, they form part of money creation.  They are first buyers for government debt if nothing else they wont go easily.   We cant just switch over to amazon cards or whatever, those companies are relying on the currency standard which is part of government and taxes and so on.    Maybe thats the net result of all this crypto standard, to allow more company and capitalist based economic transaction as we have fallen into politics and nationalist produced money.  The losers there are those not in the political elite like your 3rd world country perhaps, I would much prefer we have capital with the people distributed by demand and enterprise.
Any move away from fiat would be a massive deal and an end of an arc going back maybe a hundred years.   The reason a small 3rd world economy is not as significant is that its already likely relying on other countries around it, so Zimbabwe they used fiat notes from south africa and to some extent gold or other tradable items.  USA dollars failing would be a big deal, leaving no other alternative for many.  It is a very privileged system, a big change to that status quo would be a life changing event for most of the planet

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: