Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003817 times)
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:08:36 AM

Is there something wrong with geth?  I had switched to parity but now when I start geth or the wallet no blocks load and it will not sync.  I am using the latest wallet (6) and geth (18).

Thanks.
yes there is
i know no one with a working wallet. and i try for a friend to get his ether predao fork out of that wallet. i start thinking his coins are burned. he is another colateral damage of the big daobailoutfork .

Why is this a constant problem?  Since I started with ETH months ago geth synchronization has been a mess.  This is such a fundamental function for any coin.  If this doesn;t work how can anyone have any confidence in the coin or the development team that is supporting it?  Starting a wallet and having it synch should be automatic and without all the aggravation we get from geth and ETH.

I know I am venting but is anyone ever going to fix this?

Well, what version of the wallet are you running, and on what hardware?  The last solid month or more the network has been sustaining constant dos attacks, making syncing super slow for some.  0.8.6 contains the hardfork to fix most of those issues, with another coming to further complete the fix.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 08:48:55 AM

Ethereum has a problem again :s
cannot synchronize nor parity nor geth
Should wait for transaction very long...
If it will ever be fixed?
However price is stable over 0.018

In the first part you've explained why price is stable. People just can't transfer their ETHFs to the exchanges and sell them out.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 10:35:02 AM

Ethereum has a problem again :s
cannot synchronize nor parity nor geth
Should wait for transaction very long...
If it will ever be fixed?
However price is stable over 0.018
shity service i try to scny for days now

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:52:20 PM

Is there something wrong with geth?  I had switched to parity but now when I start geth or the wallet no blocks load and it will not sync.  I am using the latest wallet (6) and geth (18).

Thanks.
yes there is
i know no one with a working wallet. and i try for a friend to get his ether predao fork out of that wallet. i start thinking his coins are burned. he is another colateral damage of the big daobailoutfork .

Why is this a constant problem?  Since I started with ETH months ago geth synchronization has been a mess.  This is such a fundamental function for any coin.  If this doesn;t work how can anyone have any confidence in the coin or the development team that is supporting it?  Starting a wallet and having it synch should be automatic and without all the aggravation we get from geth and ETH.

Well, what version of the wallet are you running, and on what hardware?  The last solid month or more the network has been sustaining constant dos attacks, making syncing super slow for some.  0.8.6 contains the hardfork to fix most of those issues, with another coming to further complete the fix.
i updated to 0.8.6 and it wont sync. and i know no one with a working wallet no one .

smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:58:28 PM

mine works, even my rigs powered with conventional disks.

try nuking your chaindata and resync with --fast.

some of the block with malicious calculations refer back to previous blocks to crunch more data. limiting the bulk of old blocks to headers only curbs the amount of erroneous calculations needed to process (and sync) a block.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
Khaan.jamil010

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:16:00 PM

Ethereum my Goodness.................. Smiley recently how much price going guys do know about .........?
Sidtamfia

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:21:17 PM

Ethereum my Goodness.................. Smiley recently how much price going guys do know about .........?

I have the same question. It is the largest faller of the big altcoins. Is the Ethereum under attack again?
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

I have the same question. It is the largest faller of the big altcoins. Is the Ethereum under attack again?
definitely maybe

https://etherscan.io/txsPending not much as bitcoin mempool but it is not good.

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
yaooke

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Vincit qui se vincit.

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:05:57 PM

Price of BTC rises...altcoins suffer. Shows who still is the true king.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
adamvp

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:09:51 PM

Price of BTC rises...altcoins suffer. Shows who still is the true king.
but today price of btc didn't raise..
maybe eth will recover but it will be harder than I thought some times ago..

Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 06:56:58 PM

is there a simple wallet that i can use in my laptop,what is the size of the core wallet and do we need to download a huge amount of files like bitcoin core and if so what will be the total size

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 09:16:48 PM

is there a simple wallet that i can use in my laptop,what is the size of the core wallet and do we need to download a huge amount of files like bitcoin core and if so what will be the total size

You can use myetherwallet which is web-based or Exodus.io (desktop, mac, windows, etc) which is great, you can hold BTC, ETH and many others.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:20:24 AM

Thanks.
yes there is

i updated to 0.8.6 and it wont sync. and i know no one with a working wallet no one .

Soz b.  But you can't know many people! Cheesy  I've had no issues syncing or making transactions from my wallet since 0.8.6.  And I know there are many others, even in this thread who are able to as well.  Perhaps try another wallet software, such as myetherwallet?

5ato5hi8itcoin

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:22:40 AM

ETH only holds when prices decline
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:34:33 AM

some of the block with malicious calculations refer back to previous blocks to crunch more data. limiting the bulk of old blocks to headers only curbs the amount of erroneous calculations needed to process (and sync) a block.
how to resync with --fast ?
would you be so kind and give a step by step list ?

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:45:31 AM

Thanks.
yes there is

Soz b.  But you can't know many people! Cheesy  I've had no issues syncing or making transactions from my wallet since 0.8.6.  And I know there are many others, even in this thread who are able to as well.  Perhaps try another wallet software, such as myetherwallet?
so you sugest myetherwallet? whats wrong with mist 0.8.6?
i updates to mist 0.8.6
from a very old version of mist
it holds still predaofork ether
and i would think there are many out there with the same problem
not everyone checks the wallet every day
right now it syncs very slow the blocks found come faster in then my wallet syncs so i get more and more behind.
i was talking of people i know with mist wallet and they do all have the same problem. the wallet wont sync. glad to hear that you and others dont have the problem. but we do have this problem
and if the eth comunity is a friendly one the comunity might want to have our problems with the wallet solved. or is it that you dont care if the wallet has problems ?
i see in this thread not only me with a problem i see many posts.
so to every one who has an idea how to solve this let me know .

adamvp

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:48:16 AM

In windows open cmd.
Go to directory where your geth is
Enter geth --fast
I am not sure  but you probably should start from zero so you should delete old chain data (blocks).. search for removedb

smaxz

Activity: 430
Merit: 253

VeganAcademy

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:53:17 AM

well it varies depending if you use parity or geth, also whether you are running windows or a unix based OS like MacOS or Linux.

basically you add "--fast" to the command line of geth or "--pruning fast" tag in parity command line after deleting the chaindata folder/directory in your miners drive.

it will sync from genesis block to current very quickly at first.. then slow down to complete a full sync likely in about 5 or 6 hours.

by doing this you're saving only the headers on every block upto 1500 before current in geth. parity is a bit more complex (optimized) and if you use it your should look into which pruning method best suits you.

parity may even have pruning on by default now.. not sure i dont use it.

- NGdTwHRSdnThdi1drQuHGT3khAHRtZ1HMq -
IncludeBeer
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:54:01 AM

Thanks.
yes there is

so you sugest myetherwallet? whats wrong with mist 0.8.6?
i updates to mist 0.8.6
from a very old version of mist
it holds still predaofork ether
and i would think there are many out there with the same problem
not everyone checks the wallet every day
right now it syncs very slow the blocks found come faster in then my wallet syncs so i get more and more behind.
i was talking of people i know with mist wallet and they do all have the same problem. the wallet wont sync. glad to hear that you and others dont have the problem. but we do have this problem
and if the eth comunity is a friendly one the comunity might want to have our problems with the wallet solved. or is it that you dont care if the wallet has problems ?
i see in this thread not only me with a problem i see many posts.
so to every one who has an idea how to solve this let me know .

I've never used myetherwallet, only mist.  Only heard that lots use it.  If you critically need to access your funds, I thought it was a consideration.

Maybe try what smaxz said?

In windows open cmd.
Go to directory where your geth is
Enter geth --fast
I am not sure  but you probably should start from zero so you should delete old chain data (blocks).. search for removedb

bubilas

Activity: 661
Merit: 558

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:19:32 AM

What new in latest mist release?

Here is a empty place for now
Pages: « 1 ... 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 [574] 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: