Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003988 times)
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:18:59 PM

I remember feb too, might of been the ethereum forum i saw that, cant remember.

I thought, it was going to be towards the second half of Feb 2017, but another guy has written it is the beginning of Feb 2017.

So, I guess, we are discussing about a 3 week variation in the start of the POS!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:26:51 PM

You cannot say exact date because it depends on DAG size... and.. dev team decision.. and.. hardfork vote Cheesy

When the next scheduled fork occurs, developers may improve Ethereum block find times again.

This would increase daily mining payouts and simultaneously bring the POW stage too a finish earlier.

Alternatively, at the next scheduled fork, developers may decrease Ethereum block find times.

This would decrease daily mining payouts and simultaneously delay the end of POW stage.

But, it is best to leave this kind of fine tuning too the developers  Smiley  
Pesovanid

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 05:45:17 PM

You cannot say exact date because it depends on DAG size... and.. dev team decision.. and.. hardfork vote Cheesy

When the next scheduled fork occurs, developers may improve Ethereum block find times again.

This would increase daily mining payouts and simultaneously bring the POW stage too a finish earlier.

Alternatively, at the next scheduled fork, developers may decrease Ethereum block find times.

This would decrease daily mining payouts and simultaneously delay the end of POW stage.

If they decrease the block time from 14 s to 10 s, that means the miners will get 50% coins in the same time.
johnambush

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:27:33 PM

I am surprised that there are not more people talking about this syncing problem. Are there people not having a problem syncing. I have been at it 2 days now and the wallet is still not caught up.
My wallet to not want to sync,even win crash.

Mine does sync but it is much slower now
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:28:47 PM

If they decrease the block time from 14 s to 10 s, that means the miners will get 50% coins in the same time.

I'm not sure about your Maths, but it would be like an extra 28.5% a day.

However, the POW would finished earlier - in around 4 months time.

The developers would make that kind of call.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:31:54 PM

I am surprised that there are not more people talking about this syncing problem. Are there people not having a problem syncing. I have been at it 2 days now and the wallet is still not caught up.

Here is a youbtube tutorial on how to use Parity from Ken Kappler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sta-p5d1blQ

Here is where you get Parity from:

https://ethcore.io/parity.html

It is very easy, just like running an extra program for the backend stuff to be switched too Parity on 0.8.3
nikolaresen

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 07:31:31 PM

This is fixed version of last torrent. Just make an image and lucky mining !!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxz1Up5ZgGrxRE1kWWVaZHNvVmc
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:05:08 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 12:23:13 AM by mprep

150 – Devcon 2 And The State Of Ethereum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEgDubXtpU

Last week the biggest blockchain-focused developer conference took place in Shanghai, China: Ethereum's DevCon 2. Epicenter show host Meher Roy was at the conference and brought back his impressions and insights for a comprehensive discussion of the current state of Ethereum projects and the Ethereum community.

Topics covered included:
- What Ethereum's developer conference DevCon 2 was like
- The big change in going from concepts to alpha version over the last year
- The continued lack of sustainable business models in Ethereum
- The lack of interest by Venture Capitalists and the big tech companies in Ethereum and blockchain technology
- The current state and incentive problems of crowdsales
- Three areas of focus in Ethereum: Scalability, Privacy and Governance
- The search for the next protocol

Can This 22-year-old Coder Out-Bitcoin Bitcoin?

http://fortune.com/ethereum-blockchain-vitalik-buterin/

Ethereum-based eSports Platform FirstBlood Raises US$5.5m in Mere Minutes

http://themerkle.com/ethereum-based-esports-platform-firstblood-raises-us5-5m-in-mere-minutes/

[SCAM ALERT]

"Someone is sending emails from ethereum.org and myetherwallet name with fake update. This is backdoor! Be carefull." - (/r/Ethereum x-post)

https://np.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/54qrgr/scam_alert_beware/
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:37:50 PM

It is very easy, just like running an extra program for the backend stuff to be switched too Parity on 0.8.3
Thanks for the help.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 10:43:14 PM

Wow is this scam still going?

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:41:22 PM

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for the thank you Smiley
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:32:00 AM

Yes, there is an evil scammer posting a fake update for ethereum. One of the fake updates claims to be for geth. He even has a fake website that looks like it is associated with ethereum. he is located in San Paulo Brazil. it is a back door program. beware! He is also posting links within chat sessions on the ethereum website. Do not download anything but from the main ethereum website. Beware!

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:59:08 AM

Yes, there is an evil scammer posting a fake update for ethereum. One of the fake updates claims to be for geth. He even has a fake website that looks like it is associated with ethereum. he is located in San Paulo Brazil. it is a back door program. beware! He is also posting links within chat sessions on the ethereum website. Do not download anything but from the main ethereum website. Beware!

Sounds nasty - probably a person with an ugly heart and ugly mind!
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:58:43 PM

@ thevictimofuktyranny

Yes this person is a dark person. I woke at 4 in the morning to see him in the process of stealing my coins. I was in shock and in shock that there are people in the world so devious. I shut down the PC took it off line and wiped it clean and reinstalled windows. I am still reeling from the creepy feeling of the entire experience. I have now a much more secure process for how I store coins and wallets. I have learned my lesson. Just everyone beware this guy is trolling the websites and posting links every time there is a break in ethereum and is probably doing the same for bitcoin as well. It is sad that there is such evil in the world. These people do not realize that they will never get away with what they do. When they get to the other side they are forced to pay back everyone that they stole from and everyone they cheated. I learned that truth from a person who had a near death experience. How this payback is accomplished I don't know but it is just and it is inescapable. Shame on the man from San Paulo.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Ekanenf

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:14:10 PM

it take very long time to synchronise. There is a new version of the geth now in the website. But that is prerelease.

https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases

What else should we rewrite? (1.4.14)
@karalabe karalabe released this 6 hours ago

This is a Geth pre-release to counter the network DoS attacks from yesterday and those detected today. It is a prerelease (to help people get back on track fast) with further updates coming soon. As always, please keep an eye on your nodes while using as it features a new bleeding edge caching mechanism.

Note, initial attack blocks may process slower as cold data is loaded from the disk, but the longer Geth runs the less impact such transactions should have.

Being a pre-release, we won't land this code just yet in the master branch, also inherently meaning we won't be providing stable binaries from the usual channels (brew, ppa, chocolatey), however cross builds are available for testing below. Mist builds containing the pre-release will also be available.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:30:54 PM

@ thevictimofuktyranny

Yes this person is a dark person. I woke at 4 in the morning to see him in the process of stealing my coins. I was in shock and in shock that there are people in the world so devious. I shut down the PC took it off line and wiped it clean and reinstalled windows. I am still reeling from the creepy feeling of the entire experience. I have now a much more secure process for how I store coins and wallets. I have learned my lesson. Just everyone beware this guy is trolling the websites and posting links every time there is a break in ethereum and is probably doing the same for bitcoin as well. It is sad that there is such evil in the world. These people do not realize that they will never get away with what they do. When they get to the other side they are forced to pay back everyone that they stole from and everyone they cheated. I learned that truth from a person who had a near death experience. How this payback is accomplished I don't know but it is just and it is inescapable. Shame on the man from San Paulo.

Strong words, I agree these kind of criminals (thieves) are completely morally bankrupt; they have lost their integrity and any sense of personal honour (To trust in one's own abilities, judgement and talent to provide success in the present and future).
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 11:47:27 PM

If anyone has any solidity experience please take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/54zd11/urgent_smart_contract_due_dilligence/

Or if you have simply a reddit account please give it an upvote.

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:51:41 PM

@ thevictimofuktyranny

Damnn someone have access there
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 01:26:08 PM

Vitalik fix the etherum walet, thanks.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 03:26:41 PM

Devcon was awesome  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

ETHereum is going places...fast, so much progress it really is amazing.
Buy or hodl ETH as many big announcements will be made public over next few weeks  Wink

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Pages: « 1 ... 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 [558] 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: