Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004145 times)
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:43:17 PM

i've been in crypto since late 2013 and it's always the same, no matter what great devs,great communities,great features a coin has. crypto has and will be for a long time yet been just a way to make quick money. blackcoin, dash, digibyte, ethereum ect ect. all great coins but people will always mine or buy and then dump when the price rises. i'm not sure what can be done to encourage people to keep their coins. all the time it's the same, pump/dump, pump/dump then move to the next coin and so on. i hate that way of crypto
Yes, there is a group of people on Poloniex that has successfully mastered shorting (when available) to kill the coins.  Shorting has such a psychological fear effect that when someone shorts the coin big, the price always goes down and then it continues to go down while more shorting buddies take their turn at sucking the life out of a coin.  I think they should be called the Crypto-Crushing Shorting-Mafia that only aim to make money and uphold their king BTC.  Yes, most of them have no concern at all for the tech, development, and only think that BTC is king so killing all the other alts is their duty.

To top it all, markets like Poloniex allow shorting and margin trading to raise the volatility with the sole purpose of making more money.  Again they are here to make money and do not care if any crypto is killed because there will be a copy cat coming up in a few weeks.

Nobody is taking any steps to regulate and curve this financial greed and coin slaughterhouse.  As the user above says, "it's always the same", and these pumps are well coordinated efforts that move millions of dollars from BTC into altcoins and then out of altcoins back to BTC and if possible then to dump BTC itself for fiat.  Eventually then BTC crashes, they buy back BTC and pump it back to altcoins.  Rinse and repeat allows this mafia to get richer and richer and control more bitcoins and thus control the market.

The financial effect of the last ETH pump can be metered by the effect it had on BTC prices, and the flow of BTC in and out of the Poloniex market which is all recorded in the Poloniex bitcoin cold wallet see link below:

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/17irB8xLxhVRerCoUyypnmpoak3QBpVp2z

At the beginning of the pump in January Poloniex had 9,400 BTC (3.9 million USD) in their wallet, this increased to 84,500 BTC (35.4 million USD) at the peak of the pump.  That is almost a 9-fold increase which has now been removed and possibly waiting to cash out when BTC pumps.  

Currently there is 13,300 BTC left and appears that much of it at play in Poloniex has also the intention to play the BTC->Fiat market so when BTC goes up the altcoins take a hit.  Given this complex relationship we could see further dumps to the price of ETH and other altcoins.  So if you are a bag holder (like me) of ETH or other altcoin then I think the best thing to do is hold your coins and wait for the next BTC pump cycle.  Make sure you sell at the top.. I never seem to be able to do Sad

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:46:55 PM

this gonna go up soo fast...dont blink  Cheesy Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:52:51 PM

i've been in crypto since late 2013 and it's always the same, no matter what great devs,great communities,great features a coin has. crypto has and will be for a long time yet been just a way to make quick money. blackcoin, dash, digibyte, ethereum ect ect. all great coins but people will always mine or buy and then dump when the price rises. i'm not sure what can be done to encourage people to keep their coins. all the time it's the same, pump/dump, pump/dump then move to the next coin and so on. i hate that way of crypto
Yes, there is a group of people on Poloniex that has successfully mastered shorting (when available) to kill the coins.  Shorting has such a psychological fear effect that when someone shorts the coin big, the price always goes down and then it continues to go down while more shorting buddies take their turn at sucking the life out of a coin.  I think they should be called the Crypto-Crushing Shorting-Mafia that only aim to make money and uphold their king BTC.  Yes, most of them have no concern at all for the tech, development, and only think that BTC is king so killing all the other alts is their duty.

To top it all, markets like Poloniex allow shorting and margin trading to raise the volatility with the sole purpose of making more money.  Again they are here to make money and do not care if any crypto is killed because there will be a copy cat coming up in a few weeks.

Nobody is taking any steps to regulate and curve this financial greed and coin slaughterhouse.  As the user above says, "it's always the same", and these pumps are well coordinated efforts that move millions of dollars from BTC into altcoins and then out of altcoins back to BTC and if possible then to dump BTC itself for fiat.  Eventually then BTC crashes, they buy back BTC and pump it back to altcoins.  Rinse and repeat allows this mafia to get richer and richer and control more bitcoins and thus control the market.

The financial effect of the last ETH pump can be metered by the effect it had on BTC prices, and the flow of BTC in and out of the Poloniex market which is all recorded in the Poloniex bitcoin cold wallet see link below:

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/17irB8xLxhVRerCoUyypnmpoak3QBpVp2z

At the beginning of the pump in January Poloniex had 9,400 BTC (3.9 million USD) in their wallet, this increased to 84,500 BTC (35.4 million USD) at the peak of the pump.  That is almost a 9-fold increase which has now been removed and possibly waiting to cash out when BTC pumps.  

Currently there is 13,300 BTC left and appears that much of it at play in Poloniex has also the intention to play the BTC->Fiat market so when BTC goes up the altcoins take a hit.  Given this complex relationship we could see further dumps to the price of ETH and other altcoins.  So if you are a bag holder (like me) of ETH or other altcoin then I think the best thing to do is hold your coins and wait for the next BTC pump cycle.  Make sure you sell at the top.. I never seem to be able to do Sad

a good post indeed. It seems to me, whole money exchange thing is a BIG scam. We are trapped in it.
Slydrule

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:57:41 PM

I am new to ETH so I will try to be respectful of those who are supportive of it.  However, if I may suggest a few points?

If I was thinking about investing in a company stock one of the factors I would consider before I made my investment is, does the company stand behind its products or service?  Do they provide a high level of support to their customers?  No one wants to own a product that is not supported.  A company that fails to supports it customers eventually has no customers - and no stock value.

I had heard a lot of positive things about ETH before I downloaded the wallet.  But there is nothing like first hand experience to get the facts.  I downloaded the latest version of the wallet and it didn't work.  When I came to this forum for answers I saw others had the same problem and had already asked about it.  I noticed they got no answers other than to try an earlier version.  I have not seen an acknowledgement that there is a problem with the wallet and it will be fixed in the next version.  

I downloaded the old wallet and it appeared to work.  I waited almost 2 days for it to sync.  At least it looked like progress.  After downloading all 1.3 million blocks the wallet started to "process" those blocks and that process never stopped.  I had to shut down my PC for something else and to my surprise when I restarted the wallet it began downloading all 1.3 million blocks again.  Only this time after 2 days its not even half way done!  The problem is it stops frequently for some reason.  I have to close the wallet and start it again to make progress.  Bitcoin is slow, but ETH is not slow.  Its broken.  Does anyone care?

I am alternating between "geth --rpc" and opening the wallet to allow it to sync.  This seems to be the only way to get blocks to download once either process stalls.  I want to invest in ETH as I have invested in Bitcoins and other coins.  However, my impression is that this ETH is not a well supported venture.  The technology is not ready and the support of the technology is non-existent.  This all means that the market for ETH is very limited to those people who either have no problems or can fix them themselves.  The average person without technology knowledge will fail to survive the initial startup process.  A limited market means it will never reach the value investors are hoping.  A small group of investors will create a fake market by hoarding coins or coming up with clever ways to create demand within the closed community.  I have seen this with other coins I have tried.  The great ideas that make a coin a good investment are destroyed by complexity and complications.

I am addressing my constructive criticisms to the people who are supposed to be developing and supporting this venture.  If they are not in this forum to listen, then that is another problem, isn't it?  
I suggest whoever is responsible for the technology, starting with the Wallet, fix the problems people are reporting.  Its the first view of ETH and that is the all important first impression.

My first impression is those responsible for this coin are acting a lot like the people who ran Cryptsy.  
RayX12

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:38:06 PM

I am new to ETH so I will try to be respectful of those who are supportive of it.  However, if I may suggest a few points?

I have no programming experience but I have had wallets get stuck in the past and ETH wallet was the same.  All I had to do is stop and start the wallet a few times and finally loaded all the blocks.  I have had the wallet running for 2 months and have not had one problem.  I am using GETH.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:07:23 PM

<------------its buy time

http://cointelegraph.com/news/uk-regulators-declare-start-of-beautiful-friendship-with-bitcoin-ethereum

In a further speech at the same summit, Harriett Baldwin, Economic Secretary to the Treasury, indicated UK’s openness and welcoming of fintech innovation not only by announcing new measures, but also by the words she chose. Describing currencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum as “digital currencies”, Baldwin assured attendees that this was just the start of a “beautiful friendship”.
“We will be announcing other ways we can help you help UK consumers.” - she stated.
Thus, expect even more measures in what seems to be a complete embrace of fintech, including digital currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, and not only a partnership, but a “beautiful friendship”.
The United Kingdom is widely recognized as the most welcoming regulatory environment for Fintech companies.

This is what makes ETH as an emerging peice of important technology...its not an altcoin   Smiley  

guys...do you know this is the first time a government has acknowledged crypto as a good thing and ETH as a real piece of innovative tech....this paves the way for Financial tech to really kick off in UK and prob euro & usa too.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Slydrule

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:03:20 PM

I have no programming experience but I have had wallets get stuck in the past and ETH wallet was the same.  All I had to do is stop and start the wallet a few times and finally loaded all the blocks.  I have had the wallet running for 2 months and have not had one problem.  I am using GETH.

Like I wrote, this is more than just a wallet that gets stuck as so many other wallets will do and my point was more about support than the broken technology.

In any case, this wallet is different in another way.  When I start it, I get a time synchronization error.  To correct it I have to update the system time from a timer server or the wallet will not open and begin syncing.  Each time I start the wallet I have to do this again because the system clock and the ETH clock are off by a few seconds.  Why?  And could it be the wallet is getting stuck because the time goes out of sync? Is there anyone who can answer this question?
RayX12

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:35:14 AM

I have no programming experience but I have had wallets get stuck in the past and ETH wallet was the same.  All I had to do is stop and start the wallet a few times and finally loaded all the blocks.  I have had the wallet running for 2 months and have not had one problem.  I am using GETH.

Like I wrote, this is more than just a wallet that gets stuck as so many other wallets will do and my point was more about support than the broken technology.

In any case, this wallet is different in another way.  When I start it, I get a time synchronization error.  To correct it I have to update the system time from a timer server or the wallet will not open and begin syncing.  Each time I start the wallet I have to do this again because the system clock and the ETH clock are off by a few seconds.  Why?  And could it be the wallet is getting stuck because the time goes out of sync? Is there anyone who can answer this question?

I also have syncing wallet issues and have tried several versions of wallet, presently on the most recent. It syncs fine for me on a Windows OS but I have two Ubuntu OS, one a fresh install, and neither syncs more than a few dozen blocks. Could be I have introduced an error but haven't found the solution and have spent quite a few hours trying. I have already tried the time sync, no change.  

You can install NetTime (Network Time Synchronization Tool) and never have to worry about time sync.  Wink
ljm81new_again

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:37:40 AM

Humm interesting, nice down with the ship mentality you lot got going on here.
Its not seeing thos highs again for a very long time if ever.. good run tho
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 03:15:18 AM

Is it too late to buy/get into ethereum? I kind of missed this train and the price seems high to jump in right now.

Apostle4444

Activity: 832

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:02:37 AM

Is it too late to buy/get into ethereum? I kind of missed this train and the price seems high to jump in right now.

never too late as the price has dropped from $12 over the last week and is still dropping wait my friend.
danandanderson

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:30:53 AM

Its not too late, the price droped from 15$ to 7$, it will go back up soon. I was buying at 3.5$ than some at 5$ and at 8$ and even at 11$.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:33:44 AM

Hmm. No issues in my end with geth/wallet and synching across multiple pc's.

Go Big or Go Home.
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 04:58:30 AM

Its not too late, the price droped from 15$ to 7$, it will go back up soon. I was buying at 3.5$ than some at 5$ and at 8$ and even at 11$.
But it seems like to even make a large profit I would have to invest large amounts of money like in the tens of thousands. At this point its for the people with at least $10k and up I suppose.

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:26:41 AM

dont be so pesimistic.
keep on mind only the ones that do the spaculation get public and talk about it
the ones that hold dont. and why should they?  Grin

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:59:05 AM

me too
it took a week on my old pc just 4 gb ram
had to restart a lot of times
now on my new one with a high speed drive it synced in half a day
had to restart it few times
since then it runs

zmhaha

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:14:45 AM

me too
it took a week on my old pc just 4 gb ram
had to restart a lot of times
now on my new one with a high speed drive it synced in half a day
had to restart it few times
since then it runs

Exactly this! People don't realize that their sync times depend completely of their hardware and connection speed. My 7 year old laptop with 2gb of RAM took a week to sync with constant crashes. I have just gotten new Aspire Nitro, 8gb of RAM and powerful quad core. I have synced whole 1,3M blocks in less than 10 hours without any crashes and doing all of this over WIFI, not even connecting LAN.

The only problem you can encounter with ETH wallet is time synchronization problem which is easily fixable by changing time servers where your date and time is updated. Everything else depends on your hardware and connection speeds. And it's the same with any other wallet out there, even Bitcoin Core.

Cheers!
zmhaha

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:20:02 AM

What do you expect from a little market with no regulation at all?! Just give it time. As the whole crypto market grows, this will be less and less possible. But yes, this will take some time of course!
chivaki

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:56:00 PM

Hi
Where to find a list of pools ?
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:09:11 PM

Hi
Where to find a list of pools ?
check on the internet
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: