Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:10:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004321 times)
Bamsed

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 05:40:48 PM

https://etherscan.io/address/0x32be343b94f860124dc4fee278fdcbd38c102d88
Address  0x32be343b94f860124dc4fee278fdcbd38c102d88

Home Normal AccountsAddress

Overview | Poloniex Wallet
ETH Balance:    52,078.68675456 Ether ($666,607.19)

woa...i checked this 2weeks ago it was $6mill+
then last week it was $3mill+
a few days ago till today it was $1mill+
and now almost half a mill!

guess ETH traders dont like/trust polo anymore....we got better places to buy and trade now  Tongue

Right. Because it would be impossible to imagine that Poloniex perhaps moved their coins to another wallet after the fork. And all those orders are fake. And there is some secret exchange that everybody moved to. Sounds totally legit.

lol, there are many bigger exchanges than polo for ETH and yes there is also secret exchanges...ETH has a few decentralized exchanges thanks to the Ethereum network making it possible  Tongue

Name one exchange that has higher ETH/BTC volume than Poloniex.

The Poloniex is the highest volume exchange for ETC and ETH. It also has ETC/ETH trade pair, very handy.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8982

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 06:23:31 PM

So what Cryptopia is saying is that if they are hacked and YOUR deposits are stolen from them, they believe the thieves should keep your deposits and they (Cryptopia) have no obligation to go after the thieves to get your money back or repay you for what you lost.

Why would anyone want to deal with such an exchange?  

Apples and cucumbers. In case of an exchange hack they can't just fork themselves and make stolen coins reappear out of thin air. And if you're referring to the DAO fork - ETH and/or slockit didn't really go after the thief (at least I'm not aware of any law enforcement action) nor did they repay anyone out of their own pocket, which are the two common actions when a reputable entity loses customer funds. The fork - bailout - makes everyone pay for it.
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:22:44 PM

I hope developers realize that not only can they get forked, now eth miners have no morals and will 51% attack them. Eth has no morals

Spot on. The forked eth (ETHf) has no morals and are filled with a scam community
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 07:33:32 PM

I'm not a technical guy, that's why I have to ask:

Regarding the replay attacks: http://www.coindesk.com/rise-replay-attacks-ethereum-divide/

Is the only way to get this solved that one of both executes a(nother) HF?

Because ETC won't Hard Fork. I don't believe that.

And ETH can't do another HF. Or maybe I'm wrong with that, but it couldn't be called ideal.

Or will it become un-important over time because user will separate it themselves?
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:10:22 PM

I know what do. Everyone should dump their ETH right now. Just sell it at the lowest bids. Really. Doooo eeeeet.

To me....

And other whales who are trying to panic the masses..... Lolol

Go Big or Go Home.
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 10:37:53 PM

Hi guys,

I am new to ethereum, and saw on the website ethereum.org that it is easy to start a crowdsale for you own project.

But from an investors perspective: where can i find these crowdsales?

I found
http://dapps.ethercasts.com/
But these projects seem to be already funded. So who can help me out?

Cheers!

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:54:43 AM

soo much fuel...soooooooo much   Wink   Grin

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:02:04 AM

https://gitter.im/ethereum/devcon2social
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4vf2yy/coming_to_devcon2_share_your_plans_on_new/
 Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
mybitcoin101

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:55:27 AM

I know what do. Everyone should dump their ETH right now. Just sell it at the lowest bids. Really. Doooo eeeeet.

To me....

And other whales who are trying to panic the masses..... Lolol

hey guppy, time to change your diaper
mybitcoin101

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:56:58 AM

Hi guys,

I am new to ethereum, and saw on the website ethereum.org that it is easy to start a crowdsale for you own project.

I found

Cheers!

you first need to do some research on the failed fork of ethf
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:46:59 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4uq37o/a_grab_bag_of_thoughts_on_etc_and_forks/
A Grab Bag of Thoughts on ETC and Forks self.ethereum

submitted 4 days ago * by vbuterinJust some guy

1) Three months ago I made a statement in an interview with Morgen Peck as follows:

I generally support just about every secession attempt that comes along,” he says. “If in the future there is that kind of a dispute in Ethereum, I’d definitely be quite happy to see Ethereum A go in one direction and Ethereum B go the other.

I do have principles, and this is a principle that I have so far held consistently. It would of course be grossly hypocritical for me to (correctly) decry bitcoin maximalism back in 2014, and then start shouting "one chain to rule them all! network effects!" the moment it becomes suitable to me. Rather, I believe, just as I had stated in my 2014 post on silos, that:

If there truly is one consensus mechanism that is best, why should we not have a large merger between the various projects, come up with the best kind of decentralized computer to push forward as a basis for the crypto-economy, and move forward together under one unified system? In some respects, this seems noble; “fragmentation” certainly has undesirable properties, and it is natural to see “working together” as a good thing. In reality, however, while more cooperation is certainly useful, and this blog post will later describe how and why, desires for extreme consolidation or winner-take-all are to a large degree exactly wrong – not only is fragmentation not all that bad, but rather it’s inevitable, and arguably the only way that this space can reasonably prosper.

I personally admittedly find ETC's social contract, community and raison d'être less exciting and satisfying and would not personally feel the same passion for it that I do for ETH, but this is simply my judgement, and the judgement of the very many members of the community that have voted or otherwise expressed assent to the fork. Anyone who feels sufficiently strongly in the other direction is welcome to focus on the ETC chain, and we will see if it remains viable.

2) But those were just my beliefs and intermediate values. How do we know that this "let a hundred flowers bloom" position is actually correct? We can actually discover a lot of facts from the current situation. First of all, though we can see that the price of ETH + ETC has been remarkably stable around $14.3 for the past 2.5 days, despite great volatility in each component. This is still early-stage, but suggests that the value of at least the cryptocurrency component of the ecosystem actually isn't a superlinear function that favors monopoly.

Second, we can see from several sources (including exchange order books, but also public pronouncements from Barry Silbert et al) that incoming interest into ETC is actually coming from the bitcoin side even more than it is from the ethereum side. And this is a core tenet of blockchain pluralism: by leaving open an option to join an alternate system if an individual so chooses, you can satisfy the varying needs of larger groups of people.

3) I may as well offer my own views on hard forking. I do not believe that using hard forks as a primary paradigm to resolve thefts or to deal with unethical applications is a long-term viable strategy. This time, we got very lucky that the stolen DAO ETH were conveniently stuck in a known address for 35 days. Next time around, the funds will likely be being sold on exchanges before the developers even know it, and the only solution will be a rollback - and Casper will make rollbacks infeasible due to its economic finality mechanism in any case.

3b) "Evil dapps" can constantly move their contracts around in ways that evade a necessarily slow-moving hard fork, so while we can annoy them, "softer" means of mitigating the harm of such applications must necessarily still be sought out.

3c) The blockchain itself is very far from the eventual vision of a hyper-scalable, efficient and secure world computer and will see several more iterations to move closer to that goal; if you wish you may view Casper as a completely independent blockchain that happens to have a 100% state-copying premine from ETH, and in fact this may even be the cleanest way to implement it in code. I personally was okay with a fork in light of this context, together with a philosophical belief that a principle does not need to have literally infinite weight in order to have value.

In the near to mid-term future, I expect that there will be many small applications rather than one big application, and so no single failure will be enough to greatly impact the ecosystem; hence it strikes me as quite unlikely that application rescue hard forks will become a regular thing (note that some disagree; Vlad would love to have hard forks for many more things, though I'll let him defend his own views Smiley )

At this point, I am hypothetically open to two kinds of application rescue hard forks:

i) A fork in the very unlikely case that the Solidity compiler proves to have a serious bug that puts 5-10 million ETH in danger.
ii) There has been a medium amount of ether that has been sent to unspendable addresses because users were using buggy ethereum-js libraries that created the address from the public key incorrectly. I would be OK with a change, for example as part of metropolis, that adds a new transaction type that effectively makes the most common categories of such unspendable addresses spendable by their cryptographically provable rightful owners (but I would only be ok with this with broad consensus and even still it's dependent on technical feasibility and tradeoffs in code complexity).

In the future, I suspect that both possibilities will recede over time.

3d) In the short and medium term, we are still under conditions of high technical uncertainty. For example, Vlad and I continue to argue about whether or not a fixed currency supply can offer sufficient incentives through transaction fees alone to secure the network. If we had agreed, for example, to a "100 million ETH and never a single bit more" principle on day one, we would have dug ourselves into a rather deep hole if the research ends up showing that low inflation (or something more complex, like expected low deflation but the possibility of low inflation under conditions of low Casper participation) is the only safe way forward. Similarly, "it is possible to create a contract that lasts forever" is also something that is economically dangerous to commit to. Hence, principles on these kinds of matters may need to be settled only later.

4) Concerns about moral hazard are, in this case, IMO overblown; on the contrary, despite the fork, I have been extremely impressed by the sheer number of formal verification and other secure contract programming projects that have recently emerged in academia. Writing this from inside the middle of an Ethereum research workshop in Cornell, I am very optimistic that the number of bugs in code will decrease greatly over the next year.

4b) This does however mean that there is now a much larger burden on high-level language developers, and I personally do not have the time or ability to maintain Serpent at a level that I personally find satisfactory. I am personally continuing to use it as a language for experimenting with Casper simulations, but I welcome proposals from the community for how and if it can find a niche in other contexts.

312 commentsshare

Excellent m8,  Smiley

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 05:12:46 AM

vitalik says here :
ii) There has been a medium amount of ether that has been sent to unspendable addresses because users were using buggy ethereum-js libraries that created the address from the public key incorrectly. I would be OK with a change, for example as part of metropolis, that adds a new transaction type that effectively makes the most common categories of such unspendable addresses spendable by their cryptographically provable rightful owners (but I would only be ok with this with broad consensus and even still it's dependent on technical feasibility and tradeoffs in code complexity)

does anyone know how many ether got lost in this buggy ethereum-js libaries?
when was this?
how many users where affected?

Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:25:54 AM

Vitalik said " Casper will make rollbacks infeasible due to its economic finality mechanism in any case.". So there will not be roll back in the future.
poolmn

Activity: 314

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 07:50:56 AM

Pool.MN added ETH Pool:

https://pool.mn/eth

- Stratum enabled for nicehash, mrr, claymore, ethminer & eth-proxy
- Payouts every 60 seconds
- MPOS frontend, all Stats & API public
- DDoS Protected
- Confirmed working - blocks have been found
- Only 0.99% fee

Join now !

https://pool.mn - 0.99% fee
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:52:10 AM

I would like to take the time to thank the OP for this fantastic new coin.  I mine and collect cryptocoins.  I actively mine 7 different coins at the moment and control the keys to around 12 different cryptocoin wallets, inc, ETH and the new original ETC as well as many others.

@OP Thanks bud, I have had a wonderful time mining and collecting your coins.  You are good at computing but your game theory sucks!  You had the opportunity to finish your degree until Peter Thiel tempted you to drop out of university for a measly sum of $100,000.  

I had to drop out of university in the final year of my BSc (Hons) because both the cost of tuition fees and transport costs forced me into Bankruptcy.   I would have loved to have had my Honors Degree and Bachelor of Science.  I was only 9 months away from passing with First Class Honors.

Well what's done is done. I'm a miner now and my game theory is better than yours.  I have had so many sh*ts and giggles over ethereum.  The entertainment value has been priceless but boy you are dumb!  

But what times do we live in where money has become more important than wisdom, knowledge, education and enlightenment?

You are half Russian and you let capitalism own you! You are young. I am old.  But here is a message from this mad old woman... remember this; all the money you make... it will never buy back your soul.  Get your ass back to school, you need to work harder on that Game Theory of  yours, knowledge is not wisdom.

My concern is ... where is Vitalik ? last login was a month ago Last Active:    June 30, 2016, 03:12:02 AM
from my exp this is not a good sign..

Most of all serious Dev's don't use this forum, at least not much.
So, it's not a sign at all. He is active: https://www.reddit.com/user/vbuterin

That's something I really like about him. He is very communicative. Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/vitalikbuterin?lang=eng

"Most of all serious Dev's don't use this forum, at least not much. "

Unless it's to sell the premine...
Zaducis

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:06:43 AM

I would like to take the time to thank the OP for this fantastic new coin.  I mine and collect cryptocoins.  I actively mine 7 different coins at the moment and control the keys to around 12 different cryptocoin wallets, inc, ETH and the new original ETC as well as many others.

@OP Thanks bud, I have had a wonderful time mining and collecting your coins.  You are good at computing but your game theory sucks!  You had the opportunity to finish your degree until Peter Thiel tempted you to drop out of university for a measly sum of $100,000.  

I had to drop out of university in the final year of my BSc (Hons) because both the cost of tuition fees and transport costs forced me into Bankruptcy.   I would have loved to have had my Honors Degree and Bachelor of Science.  I was only 9 months away from passing with First Class Honors.

Well what's done is done. I'm a miner now and my game theory is better than yours.  I have had so many sh*ts and giggles over ethereum.  The entertainment value has been priceless but boy you are dumb!  

But what times do we live in where money has become more important than wisdom, knowledge, education and enlightenment?

You are half Russian and you let capitalism own you! You are young. I am old.  But here is a message from this mad old woman... remember this; all the money you make... it will never buy back your soul.  Get your ass back to school, you need to work harder on that Game Theory of  yours, knowledge is not wisdom.

My concern is ... where is Vitalik ? last login was a month ago Last Active:    June 30, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

That's something I really like about him. He is very communicative. Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/vitalikbuterin?lang=eng

I found https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/ is more useful for cetain information and intellegent discussion.

Kibit

Activity: 162
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 08:13:05 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2016, 08:23:41 AM by Kibit

In August 2016 smart contract based international lottery prepearing for launch.

Kibo Lotto.

It will support only forked chain and ETH price will increase.

More info on official site: http://kiboplatform.net/
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 08:50:04 AM

I found https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/ is more useful for cetain information and intellegent discussion.

Well, then they should pull their heads out of their ass.

Some firecontrol is just plain smart.
Letting the fire roar on freely will surely end with burned shit.

titan20

Activity: 427

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:21:09 AM

Hi guys,

I found

Cheers!

you first need to do some research on the failed fork of ethf

i know about the fork, but where can i find the crowdsales?

Cheers!

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 09:46:46 AM

Kibo Lotto.

It will support only forked chain and ETH price will increase.
What is the point of playing lotto on a forkable chain? DAO lotto decided to not pay the jackpot and fork the chain. Why not do it again with every lotto?
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: