Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price manipulation  (Read 2156 times)
Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:15:24 AM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?

I think there is no price manipulation, it depends on the trusted bitcoin market if there are many customers who buy our coins, then the price is expensive.
That's my opinion.
techbill

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:19:26 AM

This would be a good use of the government. Actually working for the people. Though of course I prefer them to stay away. But this is good.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:20:57 AM

I think bitcoin manipulation could happen. So investigating the manipulation of bitcoin is a long-term boon for us retail investors.

I believe there will be a very big increase after this sharp drop.
Huge investments and more promotions will manipulate the market and it is more up to large whales. Actually if market has big investments then the market will follow the increase trend and hence the market will be manipulated. Do not look at the market low price these days and simply invest in this market with huge amount so the price manipulates and grows.
longskie0327

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

I guess it true some people are behind those up and down price, those who are behind it and expert on this field can know exactly what is happening every value of money or token in the market step of the way, they know every single details that may affect its value, yest possible to manipulate the v
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

This is normal in the cryptocurrency space because of the decentralized feature and because of that it means that there is no i charge in order to control and to minimize the manipulation that is going on in the market so what we can do is really observe and learn the pattern of the manipulation and ride with it when we already get used to it.
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:02:31 AM

Price manipulation can happen in bitcoin market. This concept is carried out by the whales subtly. If any Whale wants to depreciate the value of bitcoin he will simply release enough bitcoin in his possession into the market once there is enough quantity the price will be affected and goes down. He will then sell off and re enter the market and buy more at a lower price and get ready to sell at a higher price making more profit. Simply that is how manipulation of price happens. 
satriagedhe

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:08:36 PM

for me, in theory bitcoin manipulation is possible to do , but in the real fact its hard to do because bitcoin price is so expansive and need many reach people to coordinate that all

but everything is possible on this world
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:25:33 PM

Yea of course mate, if you have huge amount of bitcoin that can move it for your own purposes and it's called manipulation. They also call the person like this as Whale. Just like a big thing like as a big holder.

fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:45:14 PM

I read that they are investigating criminal price manipulations over Bitcoin. Manipulation of prices is really possible ? This happened before ?
Price manipulation is possible as what we call them whales on this crypto market. They are watching every situation to take advantage on their many coins to dumps and buy back when the price goes lower than their selling price.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:47:18 PM

This would be a good use of the government. Actually working for the people. Though of course I prefer them to stay away. But this is good.
In terms of volatility right ? We can sure say it is good since at least there is a lot to benefit from it, but for the good of the market and maturity of the market, it is not good one bit. So many times, there would be a pattern that most manipulators will purposely bring up just to make traders hop in but in reality, all they plan is to screw them over and in a way even activate stop losses in their favor which to me is not a good thing. The market does not move based on usage or real life usage, but based on how some set of people who have upper hand just want it to move, which is really not good.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:32:50 PM

To be completely transparent, the answer should be a resounding, Yes.

If you do enough research, you will see that bitcoin is an emerging technology that has greatly benefitted those early investors. Some of whom have thousands and thousands of bitcoin. Now let your imagine run free for awhile and imagine you had 10,000 bitcoin. That would make a huge impact on exchange trading buy and sell orders right? Now imagine yourself as a savvy economist day trader statistician, don't you think you would have some ideas on how to make calculated trades that would leverage your portfolio size to earn profits?

The price manipulation can be thought of as a monopoly in the crypto market that means the entry of a very big investment that can influence the crypto market. By this I mean to say the more shares a person hold in the market, the more ability he would have to fluctuate the prices by buying or selling. There are many price manipulators in the crypto market holding more than 1000 of Bitcoin and ETH.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 763

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:37:16 PM

To be completely transparent, the answer should be a resounding, Yes.

If you do enough research, you will see that bitcoin is an emerging technology that has greatly benefitted those early investors. Some of whom have thousands and thousands of bitcoin. Now let your imagine run free for awhile and imagine you had 10,000 bitcoin. That would make a huge impact on exchange trading buy and sell orders right? Now imagine yourself as a savvy economist day trader statistician, don't you think you would have some ideas on how to make calculated trades that would leverage your portfolio size to earn profits?

When ever you decide it is the right thing then it is not going to be right in all time some of their thoughts were not work at all time it is not our defects it is the fact we don’t do anything against this but if you had some intelligence with patient then All are in our hands this is my thought about this.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Realistmoon

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

Price manipulation is actually very possible especially in the world of cryptocurrencies because these so called whales can push and pull the prices in the market. Investors that have hodled a portion of the circulating coins in the market.
viyumztf

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:54:41 PM

Price manipulation is there, and we can often see that bad news in some media is spread quickly, and many messages are proved to be false in the future, and I think whale has deliberately released the FUD with the media.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:00:21 PM

The manipulation of bitcoin price is criminally influence due to the fact that the market can be easily play at, bitcoin as a decentralized currency and volatility nature, at that the market is being play with. Bitcoin is very easy to be manipulated and price is easily changed due to it volatility.
2tf

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:11:37 PM

As an unregulated market price manipulation is a common thing and more with the amount of size and exposure that the market has now.
These are the risks of uncontrolled decentralization
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:37:16 PM

The manipulation of bitcoin price is criminally influence due to the fact that the market can be easily play at, bitcoin as a decentralized currency and volatility nature, at that the market is being play with. Bitcoin is very easy to be manipulated and price is easily changed due to it volatility.
Yes price changed at all times because of volatility so price manipulation can happen anytime. It can happen for the bitcoin price as they take advantages when the price is at lower rate. The more they have of btc the more price fluctuates and manipulation does exists.
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:48:42 PM

All who work with crypto and trade know that this market is manipulated by big players and exchanges, in particular Bitfinex by issue millions of Tether.
sevenbits

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:17:42 PM

And how to assess the impact of sayings of politicians on the market? This can also be regarded as market manipulation and speculation. Nevertheless, the market depends on many factors and it is easy to manipulate. And this is a feature of any market.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:35:27 AM

it happens all the time and the price manipulation can mean pump and dump which we see clearly in anywhere in social media where you pay fees to them, .
We can't just put all our blame into the people doing such actions that causes price fluctuations because in the first place, this is not the only reason having market change.  FUDs also take some effect into it,  but if we don't even play their game,  they actually won't succeed. But sadly some of us just got tempted and full of worries when they saw market turning into red and then easily throw their coins in cheap.
Who are the people that you think use those FUDs to their advantage and could even be the source of that news at times ? The whales or will I say the market manipulators. The essence is to drive the market to their advantage. They have all it takes to do that, they have the capital to buy in at the moment they want, they know as long as the market move in the direction they want, it makes a lot of sense for them and so far that we have a lot of weak hands in the market and a decentralized unregulated market, it makes it so easy for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: