Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1748 times)
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:52:42 PM

I view tokens from bounty companies as a cash asset, which is worth a lot of money. Sometimes they are even more than the usual salary. I'm not very lucky in this yet, but I'm trying. As a hobby, anything can be used, but here it is advantageous in the first place.

nghtware

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:54:17 PM

i think, bounty is hobby but sometimes we invest in some projects about blockchain.
Levious

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:05:45 PM

It depends on your income level. If you have a better formal job, then I think Bounty hunting can only be used as a hobby. It can give you some extra income outside of your normal work. If you are not engaged in a good career, the income of Bounty hunting may be a considerable income for you too.

zero4five

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:48:58 PM

If you spend all your time on participating in bounty campaigns every day and earned gives you the opportunity to live at a sufficient level then it can be called a job. As for me, I have not yet earned enough to quit my real job. So, for now, this is an interesting hobby and extra earnings.
usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:52:00 PM

For me, everything connected with money is work. Therefore, I try to completely help those projects in which I attend. Very often it happens that a project in which very few people believe very well starts and then the profit is very large, and sometimes the very highly advertised project turns out to be a pacifier.

MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

so far I still count this is as a hobby, but at least it can make me some money so it is can be categorised as a work too IMO. just like the other say do it with your fun, take it on your free times, count as a hobby and the rewards will come after that.

True, it is fun and enjoyable at the same time productive because as you accomplish each week's tasks and receive stakes you will also learn a lot and gain knowledge through various thread in this forum plus you hold your own schedule of doing it just like your hobbies.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
pendong101

Activity: 117

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:53:10 PM

I don't know maybe Hobby and Work too cause it gave us money XD     
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:57:36 PM

It is really refreshing if your passion and your job meet together. Bounty hunting is more like a hobby to me because I like to play with my laptop or phone at all times so as a bounty hunter, I always have the opportunity to be with my laptop or phone and I enjoy doing it. Sometimes, some bounties do not even reward you but the passion keeps us going and am glad to know this.

S3rj0

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:58:37 PM

In last 2/3 months it become a hobby for me, but there a lot of people that consider bounties like a work.
Today i read a post about a guy in philippines who created hundreds account on bitcointalk and earned 150k $ in some bounties.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:58:54 PM

It is really hard to find a good bounty nowadays. I think my partner and I need a break from those after receiving 3 consecutive shitcoins. I just do one signature campaign for now. And maybe will be hunting a good bounty next month.
Posting in this forum can be considered a hobby and joining bounty campaigns is a work coz you have a job to be done.

nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:00:26 PM

I think when you decided to join a bounty campaign that mean you already take a work Smiley. If it's just a hobby, you can make so many posts as you want in a week, you can tweet or retweet anything as you want but you can't when you joined a bounty campaign Smiley. You need follow the rule like the rule of a real job Smiley. Beside, you also can earn money from bounty so I think it's a job Smiley

letua

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:00:49 PM

I think it is a hobby while receiving decent payment. If we consider bounty as work alone then I conclude that only few enjoyed to participates in the campaign. Hobby while working is perfect combination.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:09:16 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

Initially, the campaign bounties were my hobby bringing a small and inconsistent income. Now I'm more experienced and I spend more time bounty campaigns. The income from the bounty is already approaching my income from the main job.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:10:21 PM

When you want to earn few bucks, then it could be your hobby.
But when you want to earn a lot of money, you have to work really hard!

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

A job? Don´t make me laugh, most of the times the bounties are so small that they won´t even buy you a sandwich. It is fun to participate, and occasionally you can make 100 here and there. That´s all.

shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:27:02 PM

I used to be the bounty this campaign I am working on it when I have time and I assume that this is just a hobby. But once I felt a very big result and outside my hunch. And I decided that this would be my main job and every day I can do bounty campaign more actively and focus.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:29:11 PM

Definitely a hobby. Today, it is impossible to earn enough money on the bounty. Basically, due to the large number of skam and ICO which have failed.
So for me it's a hobby. I am interested in crypto currency and have the opportunity to receive some coins.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:51:52 PM

Treating it as a hobby makes it a win win situation, because you get paid for something you enjoy. The moment you treat it like work, it brings in all the woes of too much effort, non payments, scams and feeling cheated. I think everyone should treat it as a hobby!
beliomir

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

I think that this is more freelancing than business, and it is difficult to name work, as it is temporary and there is no guarantee that you will earn

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Megashaw

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

I do see it as a hobby because bitcointalk itself is an interactive seasion where ideas are being exchanged and the forum is so enjoyable, so being paid for going to somewhere you love or something you love doing is a win win situation and taxes are not charged on cryptoholding in my country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: