Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby?  (Read 1747 times)
Ilmiyati

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:07:15 PM

I do bounty campaigns as additional work and as an additional income to help the family economy. I do my best to be a bountier, I will keep trying to achieve the best results although sometimes the results are not worth the effort that I do

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trill312

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:21:21 PM

As for me I do not see bounty hunting as a full-time job. Too much time to wait - Pre-sale, ICO 1st round, 2nd, token distribution (10-90 days), mostly all token locked for unknown period when you get it, so if you the rent an apartment / got kids its pretty difficult to plan your budget.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 07:48:51 PM

So far in my life it is a good hobby that began to bring me additional income. Time will tell and if it goes far ahead then everything is possible and this money will be enough for a life without work.

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
nev1d

Activity: 112
Merit: 43

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

For me it's just a hobby. I spend most of my time on him, as I like this idea. I hope in the future the bounty campaign will develop. I believe that in the next six months, instead of the current social campaigns, something new will be introduced. I hope will introduce more interaction with the forum itself and not with the sphere around it
Axetrd

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:51:46 PM

I qualify it as a work. If you are working hard and smart, you can earn good amount of money to invest in crypto or ICO, and take away your 9-5. Bounty it is great opportunity to earn some extra money and be financially free. Good luck everyone in this niche.
alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

It is a work. You use your time to get money for it. You can have bounty as a basic work or you can use it for extra money. its depend of your goals.

NewOne404

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

glYff

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:07:50 PM

Its a hobby for me! I just started not long ago and i hope to working on it at regular basis. My first bounty is Zenodys - one of the greater projects in new year!

glYff◆   |   PRIVACY for smart contracts and beyond
https://glyff.io/
vckubvbm

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:09:48 PM

Perhaps more should be seen as a part-time job. There are also many people who do the bounty campaign full-time. I think everyone's situation is different. It takes a lot of time and energy.
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:12:47 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?
for me to be a bounty hunter is a job not just a hobby because I really care about the results of my work this one then I try to choose a good bounty that will make me earn a lot of money if being a bounty hunter just because Hobbies of course I do not will be concerned with the results I will be able to
N-gen

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:22:20 PM

I do it as a job and also as a hobby, it's because I like it and I'm very grateful to Satoshi Nakamoto because he has created Bitcoin and its blockchain technology which proved to be very safe so far. and because of the technology he created , encouraging the development of projects using the same technology and it makes me have enough income for my life
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:25:50 PM

Well it depends on individual, for me it's more than a hobby because I see it as promising and you can earn as much as possible doing crypto in as much you're committed to it but if you're doing is as hobby no doubt you won't devote much of your time to it and you'll be earning peanuts .
Personally I bounty hunting is work to me but I'm not doing it full time yet
zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:28:52 PM

Well, rather not a hobby and a good income) Although when I do bounty I learn a lot of new and interesting things that are done in the world
maro101

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:31:16 PM

There is no exact answer to this question. For some, this is a full-time job, for others - a hobby and is an additional receipt of money for the basic income. No bounty gives 100% probability that you will get something on its completion, so it's better to have a solid job, and use the bounty as an extra.
chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:38:46 PM

For me bounty hunting is a kind of work but at the same time enjoying what I'm doing. I do love bounty hunting because I use to learn about crypto not only to earn some extra money.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Billg4t3r

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

There is no exact answer to this question. For some, this is a full-time job, for others - a hobby and is an additional receipt of money for the basic income. No bounty gives 100% probability that you will get something on its completion, so it's better to have a solid job, and use the bounty as an extra.

yes it should be much better to choose a solid job, but there's nothing wrong if this is a full-time job because I myself think it's all a solid job, it's just that we work in a different crypto world from work in the real world. and bounty results can be said to be bigger than the work in the world and with the results we can make business in real life.
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

For me, hunting the bounty and complete all tasks is my job. I am responsible of my job as a bounty hunter. In this case, whatever the taks that should be completed, as my responsibility, I must fulfil it completely. Job wil require the responsibility to earn the rewards. After earning the reward, it is so pleasure to enjoy them. Regarding tot he tax, in my country, the government is still not legalizing the crypto. Therefore, there is no regulation about the tax of crypto.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
AmaliyaKira

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:48:16 PM

I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

I think this should be treated as an additional source of income or investment. So how does that sound like it. And Yes, I think it will be taxed soon.
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:52:01 PM

in fact, many people are engaged in this as a hobby, but a lot of BUT, you can really make decent money, thanks to which you can live very wealthy
rog1121

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:56:50 PM

REMME is built on the premise that a decentralized system is better than a centralized one, which is vulnerable to attacks.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:57:43 PM

I see bounty rewards or tokens as a form of payment i receive for working fir sometime. And as you said it invloves a lot of investment and dedication (taking into consideration working and reporting). Well i don't know anything about taxing of bounty rewards in my country as at now (Regulations on crypto are still not stated here)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: