Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is more risky? Bitcoin or bank investment?  (Read 5979 times)
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:52:36 PM

Bitcoin is indeed risky. But bank investments are risky too. In our country (coz I'm not sure if this exist in other countries). When you have a large amount on your account they will call you and ask you if you want to invest, minimum of 20,000 Php (or 400 USD). They will propose some investment plans where there is a choice of low, medium, or high risk investment. When you choose the high risk there is a chance to lose or gain 100% of your investment (Medium is 75% and low is 50% if I remember it right). It doesn't make sense to me, it sounds like a scam, they will invest using your money and you don't have any control to it. That is why I like bitcoin more, coz Though it is risky and it's very volatile, you have full control on your investment.

What do you guys think?
It is really obviouss i guess that bitcoin is more risky in the sence that bitcoin price is moving also in just a small time bitcoin making value could go down easily but also great thing it could also increase immediately but thats make it risky and its like gambling your money in a investment. Unlike banks we could say that it is just really safer than bitcoin because it has a lot of authorisation unlike the bitcoin wallet that we use to store our bitcoin.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:39:55 AM

Actually you know already that price of bitcoin is not stable and easily drop and rise so no doubt that Bitcoin is very risky investment but still people want bitcoin because its aslo easily rise the price. Bank investment is not risky but you will get only small interest.

#Support Vanig
Musiclover

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:46:31 AM

For me investing in bitcoin is more risky than investments in bank. Because for me money is really safe in the bank. And when it comes in bitcoin you cannot say already it's money if you don't yet sell the tokens you have and the real money is not in your hand yet. Anything can happen especially now there's a lot of hackers in the world. So in my own opinion it's more risky in bitcoin.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:56:50 AM

Bitcoin is indeed risky. But bank investments are risky too. In our country (coz I'm not sure if this exist in other countries). When you have a large amount on your account they will call you and ask you if you want to invest, minimum of 20,000 Php (or 400 USD). They will propose some investment plans where there is a choice of low, medium, or high risk investment. When you choose the high risk there is a chance to lose or gain 100% of your investment (Medium is 75% and low is 50% if I remember it right). It doesn't make sense to me, it sounds like a scam, they will invest using your money and you don't have any control to it. That is why I like bitcoin more, coz Though it is risky and it's very volatile, you have full control on your investment.

What do you guys think?
Obviously,  bitcoin is more risky.  In banks,  those who you have mentioned are just optional and you actually have the full control to invest or not.  Also,  if you invest,  I think they need to fulfill what they have promised you because you have the contract papers which will be your evidence of it is a scam.  Compare to bitcoin,  as you have said,  is very volatile.  You can lose a lot of money because of its volatility and if you are engaging in short term trading and you are not that careful,  you might will also end up losing. 
Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:59:50 AM

What do you guys think?
So far more people dont take a risk their money in bitcoin, because they see the value of bitcoin is very very low. But in time comes that bitcoin will recover maybe they comeback to invest in bitcoin. Because they know more profit to earn while you are bitcoining unlike put your money in the bank more years you wait until you withdraw ypur profit and also your money.
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:01:33 AM

If for now if you want to invest short term, do not invest bitcoin because the current status of bitcoin is not clear which sometimes goes up and down. Bitcoin is suitable for long-term investing, because bitcoin is still a developmental stage.
Segadium

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:30:52 AM

Both are indeed risky. However, the potential for
 cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is huge. It barely scratches the surface now. I believe in and prefer cryptocurrencies in the long run, as they solve many issues other technologies cannot solve and they remove third parties.

Cryptocurrency is very much here to stay because cryptocurrencies are going to displace roughly 25% of national currencies by 2030, according to experts.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:41:55 AM

What do you guys think?
It is really obviouss i guess that bitcoin is more risky in the sence that bitcoin price is moving also in just a small time bitcoin making value could go down easily but also great thing it could also increase immediately but thats make it risky and its like gambling your money in a investment. Unlike banks we could say that it is just really safer than bitcoin because it has a lot of authorisation unlike the bitcoin wallet that we use to store our bitcoin.

At first, it is strange that a bank in your country proposes such investment plans. If the income of investing is greater than 20%, it means rather a scam or a ponzi scheme, I think. Probably, you are saying about a mutual investing funds on the stock markets. At second, you've pointed the correct thought, that the holder has a private key, and only he can control on his own Bitcoins.

But in general, of course, the bank investments is less risky than the Bitcoin investments, because most of them are based on buying or selling an obligations.
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:50:01 AM

What do you guys think?

That's is the most important thing in an investment you have control on it. You can do whatever you want and anytime. But you should know the right time when. Because Bitcoin is risky because of it's volatility. It can change time in a very short period of time. So make sure you are checking it time to time to avoid losing big when it will fall down. But when it's all about what you said that it's the bank who decide what to invest and you don't know what is it, then it's a kind of very risky than what bitcoin investment is. You don't have control on your investment, but it's good when they will assure you that whatever happens when investment will fail they will be refunding your money in 100% without interest. 

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:57:31 AM

What do you guys think?

Bitcoin is more risky than bank investment but you can bend the risk of bitcoin as long as you can predict close to the charts. Great estimation skills are really essential in this kind of business and I think bitcoin is really worth the risk because the income is much larger. But to play safe, make sure you only invest the money you are prepared to lose and never risks essential properties like houses.
chara78

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:14:59 AM

I think the risk is Bitcoin, because its fluctuating value is vulnerable to bubble risk, and is prone to be used as a means of money laundering and other crimes, which can affect the stability of the financial system and harm the public.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:25:04 AM

if you put your money on bank that will be dead money. everyday price is higher and higher. deposit money into bank doesn't worth it. bitcoin is more risky. true story. anyone know that. but you need invest into something. bitcoin, real estate, house, stock...

Kophit2

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:25:55 AM

I think investing in bitcoin will be more risky than in a bank.
only invest in bitcoins that can be fully controlled by the user.
also invest in bitcoin will get more profit.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:50:16 AM

What do you guys think?

i have never heard investment like in your country but indeed it has a high risk.
i prefer invest my money in cryptocurrency just like you said, we have full control of our money.
what the important of investing in crypto is patience, without patience you cannot achieved full profit.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:06:37 AM

bitcoin is clearly a very risky type of investment, because the price movement is unstable so that easily the money we invest can be diminished in value, it is because the amount of demand in the market can not be predicted accurately, but although bitcoin has a great risk many people are benefiting from trade or investment in this bitcoin.
martinsidole

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

It is true that bitcoin is risky and the same can be said about all the cryptocurrencies in the market but at the same time with bitcoin at least I have control of where I am investing my money something that does not happen with a bank.
kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:41:21 PM

Bitcoin is more risky than bank investment, but our profit is also bigger Bitcoin than we invest in a bank.

Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:45:10 PM

Bitcoin is more risky than bank investment, but our profit is also bigger Bitcoin than we invest in a bank.
Bitcoin is more risky, maybe to us who works here in this industry, its not something new, but to other people who we met in daily life, its hard for them to trust especially if they know nothing about it. Banks are very reputable and so is Bitcoin Industry but people trust banks more than it.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:15:36 PM

correct me if i am wrong but what you described is not bank investment it is a special and additional service that the bank offers you in form of an investment in something else which you can choose not to use and just have your deposit in the bank and get the profit for it.
as for the investment they are offering you, that doesn't seem bad. it is an investment like any other investment with its risk and rewards.

Well regardless of what he explained, both bitcoin and bank investments share the same shoes as both are risky in nature. The difference will lie on the income, time, and security aspect. Bank investments, or otherwise called as notes, are investments wherein you let the bank borrow money (which involves a fiduciary relationship between the individual and the bank). After some time, they will pay you correspondingly with interest depending on the amount you let them borrowed.

As to acquiring bitcoin, usually, individuals tend to invest short-term due to its high volatility. What separates them is the collateral and security that banks offer from their customers. In bitcoin, they lack security and collateral but the yield is relatively higher compared to (which is the definition of 'high risk, high reward').

I think the risk is Bitcoin, because its fluctuating value is vulnerable to bubble risk, and is prone to be used as a means of money laundering and other crimes, which can affect the stability of the financial system and harm the public.

Regardless of what famous investors say about cryptocurrencies or bitcoin, we cannot escape the fact that the yields are larger compared to other investment tools currently. The choice depends upon the individual's preference but investing into bitcoin has the potential of turning your resources tenfolds depending on the market.
letua

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:22:36 PM

I think bitcoin still the most risky because we aren't so sure if the price of bitcoin that bought by someone will increase in due time. If so, we don't know when it will happen. That's why some person who invested in bitcoin says that bitcoin is scam because they did not get profit  what they think they should.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: