Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!!  (Read 176886 times)
cdogster

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:23:15 AM

Somewhat related, I have been waiting more than 105 days to transfer USD out of MtGox into my bank account.  Their stupid support system won't give me a valid reason why it is taking so long.  I am afraid to convert it back into Bitcoin to transfer that out because it sounds like even that won't work.  They are holding my money hostage and I will never be using them again after this.  What frustrates me is that I sold 1 bitcoin when it was close to 200 USD and I have been unable to get that back.  Of course they won't convert it back to the 1 bitcoin I originally had but I chose to sell with them because the price was right at the time.  Ugh!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miles

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:38:57 AM

I really want to believe that Mt Gox is not scamming me. So much of my future depends on getting those bitcoins out. Was even considering going back to college.

But it all could have been a pipe dream.
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:58:48 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 09:21:03 AM by MikeH

Why anyone stayed on Gox after the last few months is beyond me...  

I stayed because they seemed to address their lag issues and figured they'd sort out their delayed fiat withdrawals eventually - most of all though I have more trust in Japanese hosted as compared with eastern European and didn't really want to send my ID to someone else, I didn't like doing it the first time.
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:47:53 AM

The redaction of scriptSig could backfire them. If someone comes forward and proves that one output Gox claims to own actually belongs to him, then it's smoking gun they are lying and trying to hide something.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:02:34 PM

I really want to believe that Mt Gox is not scamming me. So much of my future depends on getting those bitcoins out. Was even considering going back to college.

But it all could have been a pipe dream.

everyone wants to believe that.......and on this hope and inaction they are able to perpetrate the scam as long as they already do
wooke

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:28:41 PM

Chiming in with my experience... I used the overblown fluctuations of Gox for day trading during the China run-up and never had issues moving BTC in/out. I had 12 coins still sitting there that I attempted to withdraw unsuccessfully on 1/28. I got a form letter reply from support 6 days later stating that everything would be fine, and the coins showed up back in my Gox account after 7 fearful days (note that the transaction fees do not get returned). Last night I tried again with breaking it down to smaller transactions of various sizes and got 5/12 to go through instantly. Differences in transaction sizes this small don't seem to matter (a test with 0.002BTC did not go through, and multiple withdrawals of the same size did not all go through). Now I guess I'll wait another week and repeat the lottery process until I manage to get everything out. Maybe next time I won't be too greedy to ignore months of red flags.
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:36:53 PM

I was lucky to get 2/2 small (ca. 0.5 XBT each) withdrawals out last night.
I'll try my luck again later...

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:02:47 PM

Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?
Dusт

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:03:21 PM

Ok, I tried to withdraw again today after my btc got stuck and were returned to my gox account. Now it's telling me "invalid bitcoin address". I tried a few different addresses including the one I used for the first withdrawal. Anyone else getting this message?
I am also getting that when trying to withdraw.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:03:02 PM

Iam too... what is going on!
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:08:36 PM

Iam too... what is going on!

same here

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
fermion

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:09:48 PM

Update - Statement Regarding BTC Withdrawal Delays

Maria Feb 04 • Announcements / Announcements

Dear MtGox Customers,

As noted recently, we are currently experiencing a problem where some bitcoin withdrawals are not being transferred correctly, affecting a limited number of users. Currently the problem is being fixed, but many previous transactions did not go through over the past days. Those transactions have now been returned to customer accounts in full, so any transactions that appeared to be "stuck" should now be refunded.

This problem applies primarily to larger transactions, so we appreciate your patience as we fix the issue. Smaller transactions should be fine in the meantime, and we will update you on the status as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MtGox Team

I didn't even get refund of my 93 btc. No bitcoin, no balance. Mark Karpeles, return me my money.

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mark-Karpeles-mod.jpg
charliemaggot

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:10:30 PM

When you copy/paste, it'll say that if there's a space at the end of the address. It's always what causes that message for me anyway.
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:52:22 PM

When you copy/paste, it'll say that if there's a space at the end of the address. It's always what causes that message for me anyway.

Hmm, could be the cause. But I did not change the copy source since the first attempt to withdraw, which "worked" till the coins got stuck. I suspect they've got an empty hot wallet, as explained in some of the answers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x3unb/new_trick_of_mtgox_pretending_that_the_withdrawal/.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:09:41 PM

Hmm, could be the cause. But I did not change the copy source since the first attempt to withdraw, which "worked" till the coins got stuck. I suspect they've got an empty hot wallet, as explained in some of the answers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x3unb/new_trick_of_mtgox_pretending_that_the_withdrawal/.

Yes. It seems that having thousands of failing transactions is just too embarrassing, so better to artificially prevent btc withdrawals by creating yet another "glitch/customer issue"

I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

Hrumph

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:26:34 PM

Yes. It seems that having thousands of failing transactions is just too embarrassing, so better to artificially prevent btc withdrawals by creating yet another "glitch/customer issue"

I looked at a number of the failed transactions on skanner before the api facility was stopped and it seems a lot of withdrawal transactions had several inputs, but one of which had zero balance, an initial double-spend. For example. If customers A and B both try to withdraw BTC within a few seconds of each other their payments would share one input address in common with a balance to satisfy only one customer. Whichever gets propagated through the network first has a successful withdrawal, the other is silently ignored, languishing.

For my part, if btc withdrawl is really due to a technical glitch, then they should suspend btc withdrawls. They should have suspended them as soon as the glitch was first detected. Keeping broken half-functioning features alive scares the crap out of me personally as a customer.

Also, for what its worth, I now think that mt gox should have suspended trades and deposits (with the possible exception of Japanese yen trading)
a long time ago. Instead they should have said that they'd do their utmost to help customers get their fiat until
fiat withdrawls were fully online again and under the circumstances keeping trading operational was unprofessional.
Prodigal

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:06:41 PM

"Sorry about the charts everyone, MtGox completely changed the data feed and this will need to be rewritten"
http://thegoxreport.com/

It seems that Mtgox is putting more effort into hiding their failed transactions from the public than actually fixing them.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:32:59 PM

"Sorry about the charts everyone, MtGox completely changed the data feed and this will need to be rewritten"
http://thegoxreport.com/

It seems that Mtgox is putting more effort into hiding their failed transactions from the public than actually fixing them.

Wow just wow. Let's make sure people don't have any meaningful data to base things on by changing the api format for the data feed.

Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:34:11 PM

Chiming in with my experience... I used the overblown fluctuations of Gox for day trading during the China run-up and never had issues moving BTC in/out. I had 12 coins still sitting there that I attempted to withdraw unsuccessfully on 1/28. I got a form letter reply from support 6 days later stating that everything would be fine, and the coins showed up back in my Gox account after 7 fearful days (note that the transaction fees do not get returned). Last night I tried again with breaking it down to smaller transactions of various sizes and got 5/12 to go through instantly. Differences in transaction sizes this small don't seem to matter (a test with 0.002BTC did not go through, and multiple withdrawals of the same size did not all go through). Now I guess I'll wait another week and repeat the lottery process until I manage to get everything out. Maybe next time I won't be too greedy to ignore months of red flags.

So they don't return your withdrawal fees? Ouch!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:10:58 PM

Bitcoin and MtGox the largest frauds in recent history.

MtGox has lost credibility, or at least exchange office does not follow the price at MtGox,
because in November and December of 2013 years, the price MtGox exchange office was allowed to rise without real money. (at push-button up) (great deception)
Now as we can see, MtGox is in big trouble about withdraw money, It is so logical and clear

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: