Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879113 times)
zakorus

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

wtb 2000 of these send offers

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████
  ███  ▄▄▄   ███▐██ ██▌███      ███▀▀
▄▄███▄▄███   ▐████▌ ▐████▌    ▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organizer

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:25:11 PM

i keep getting pool to slow or credentialsw invalid when i try to solomine.... wtf

That's what happens to me now too.

andy7774

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:27:11 PM

H9VTsC7kSXBDAFMappV3rQLFASCqrNkoSg
weedoge

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:30:26 PM

game freezed for me, go button don't appear anymore

if you are out of sync, you need to be patient for chain to download.. on windows the client will become "not responding", jsut leave it -- this is the same for namecoin.

If you have an ssd this works like a dream.. or ram drive (but be careful)...

personally i find it better running on ubuntu, in a vmware in windows

---

i'm going to carry on the new giveaway thread on dot-bit forum

Running an SSD here and it's... not really running like a dream. We'll see when it's fully finished syncing.

Flomess

Activity: 705

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:31:00 PM

This is some nice idea
zakorus

Activity: 736

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:31:31 PM

i started a trading thread in marketplace feel free to trade there.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445369.0

▄▀▀▀▄
                  █▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀ ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄
                         █▀▀▀
                        ▄▀▀▀▀
                      ▄▀
                ▄█▀▀▀█▄
                ██████
                ▀█▄▄▄█▀

█████      █████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐█████  █████████
  ███       ███  ▐███▌  ███     ███  ▀▀
  ███       ▐██▌ █████ ▐██▌     █████
  ███  ▄▄▄   ███▐██ ██▌███      ███▀▀
▄▄███▄▄███   ▐████▌ ▐████▌    ▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▄         ▄▄████▄▄▄
███▄     ▐████████▀
 ██████▄▄█████████
▀████████████████▌
  ███████████████
  ▀████████████▀
   ▄▄████████▀
 ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀

▄▄▄
        ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄████▀▀▄███
▀▀████▀ ▄██████
    █ ▄███████
     ███▀█████
           ▀█▌

▄▄▄████▄▄
   ▄████████████▄
 ▄████▀▀██  ▀▀████
 ████▀   ▄▄ ▐█████▌
 ██████▌ ██▀  ▐████
  ████▌   ▄▄ ▐████▌
   ▀█████▄███████▀
     ▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
          █  ████
      ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▀
▄█████████████████▄
▀████▌  ███  ██████
  ███████████████▌
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████
    ▀▀███████▀▀
[/center
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:40:17 PM

are the coins gained in game tied with the chain, because destroying my huntercoin folder even after saving my wallet, result in my coins being lost

ok nevermind they are here
weedoge

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

I definitely saved my wallet, but my coins are gone, I guessed I mined them all on a fork?
I had over 100 ingame and cashed them out, shame.

I can't even play anymore, a few coins to get some miners would be great... T__T

HTyzzLVjsg65rwnZYgJA1jFZM7vyeE1Wqu

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:52:28 PM

I can agree that this has unfortunately not been the most perfect of coin launches.

Always remember that this is experimental software and should be treated as such and that the innovation here is still massive and very commendable.

Even as a fairly experienced user I have also seen all of the forking issues already described by most in this thread and it has been quite frustrating at times. I myself have only just got everything working well and managed to mine my first coins on the correct blockchain after starting this a fresh.

How to run Huntercoin on Windows in a RAM drive.

1 - Download and install AMD RAMDisk: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/radeon-memory/Pages/ramdisk-overview.aspx

The 4 GB max. Freeware version can be found via a link in the text on this page: http://www.radeonmemory.com/software_downloads.php

N.B. You really need a min. of 8 GB of system RAM to create the maximum 4 GB RAM disk.

If you have say only 4 GB of (free) system RAM then create a 2 GB RAM disk. Less that 4 GB of system RAM is not really recommended for this.

2 - Create your AMD RAMDisk - I choose drive H - although make sure that you don't choose a drive letter that conflicts with an existing device such as a printer or other storage device etc.

3 - Copy the contents of the latest version of Huntercoin from the link in the OP to the new RAM drive and make sure its not in a folder.

4 - Create a new folder on the RAM drive and name it: wallet

5 - Copy (or create) your existing huntercoin.conf to the new wallet folder. N.B. This is basically your %APPDATA% folder.

6 - 2nd mouse button click on huntercoin-qt.exe and > Create shortcut (on the RAM drive)

7 - 2nd Mouse button click on the new Huntercoin-qt.exe - Shortcut and > Properties

8 - After Target: H:\huntercoin-qt.exe type: -datadir=.\wallet

So, Target: H:\huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=.\wallet

and click > Apply > OK

This Shortcut will now run Huntercoin-qt.exe from the RAM drive and store your %APPDATA% in the folder named wallet.

This folder contains your wallet.dat - Back-up this wallet.dat to a drive location which is not on the RAM drive.

If you want to get a better idea of how this works see: https://bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin - Configuration File

This will run Huntercoin in RAM which in almost all cases is much much faster than running it from a HDD or even SSD.

Most issues with the syncing of the blockchain in Huntercoin are now only due to drive read / write speeds etc. As Snailbrain has already stated...

It was taking over a few hours to sync with the blockchain for myself - However, when I used the RAM drive method above and the latest addnodes I was fully synced to the full block chain and mining in 5 mins. You do not need to run the miner from the RAM disk.

Happy Hunting!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:57:20 PM

I can agree that this has unfortunately not been the most perfect of coin launches.

Always remember that this is experimental software and should be treated as such and that the innovation here is still massive and very commendable.

Even as a fairly experienced user I have also seen all of the forking issues already described by most in this thread and it has been quite frustrating at times. I myself have only just got everything working well and managed to mine my first coins on the correct blockchain after starting this a fresh.

How to run Huntercoin on Windows in a RAM drive.

1 - Download and install AMD RAMDisk: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/radeon-memory/Pages/ramdisk-overview.aspx

The 4 GB max. Freeware version can be found via a link in the text on this page: http://www.radeonmemory.com/software_downloads.php

N.B. You really need a min. of 8 GB of system RAM to create the maximum 4 GB RAM disk.

If you have say only 4 GB of (free) system RAM then create a 2 GB RAM disk. Less that 4 GB of system RAM is not really recommended for this.

2 - Create your AMD RAMDisk - I choose drive H - although make sure that you don't choose a drive letter that conflicts with an existing device such as a printer or other storage device etc.

3 - Copy the content of the latest version of Huntercoin from the link in OP to the drive and make sure its not in a folder.

4 - Create a new folder on the RAM drive and name it: wallet

5 - Copy (or create) your existing huntercoin.conf to the new wallet folder.

6 - 2nd mouse button click on huntercoin-qt.exe and > Create shortcut

7 - 2nd Mouse button click on the new Huntercoin-qt.exe - Shortcut and > Properties

8 - After Target: H:\huntercoin-qt.exe type: -datadir=.\wallet

So, Target: H:\huntercoin-qt.exe -datadir=.\wallet

and click > Apply > OK

This Shortcut will now run Huntercoin-qt.exe from the RAM drive and store your %APPDATA% in the folder named wallet.

This folder contains your wallet.dat - Back-up this wallet.dat to a drive location which is not on the RAM drive.

If you want to get a better idea of how this works see: https://bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin - Configuration File

This will run Huntercoin in RAM which in almost all cases is much much faster than running it from a HDD or even SSD.

Most issues with the syncing of the blockchain in Huntercoin are now only due to drive read / write speeds etc. As Snailbrain has already stated...

It was taking over a few hours to sync with the blockchain for myself - However, when I used the RAM drive method above and the latest addnodes I was fully synced to the full block chain and mining in 5 mins. You do not need to run the miner from the RAM disk.

Happy Hunting!

yes, will be much faster, but people need to be very careful with this..

it might be worth making a savings wallet also and set the reward address for new hunters to an address of your savings wallet..

if on windows with a "normal hard drive".. i found that defragging the datadir (and making sure have some free space to limit fragmentation) help a lot with jerky ness

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:07:38 PM

yes, will be much faster, but people need to be very careful with this..

it might be worth making a savings wallet also and set the reward address for new hunters to an address of your savings wallet..

if on windows with a "normal hard drive".. i found that defragging the datadir (and making sure have some free space to limit fragmentation) help a lot with jerky ness

Yes. Remember to check the RAMdisk options / settings carefully and think about what your doing and how this works etc.

Always save the RAMdisk after you close down Huntercoin and it's also probably best to back-up the entire ' wallet ' folder to preserve a copy of the chainstate and game logs etc. Again, make all back-up's to your HDD and not on the RAM drive.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

it's stuck on pending for some minutes. If I quit / relaunch, will I still have all my little soldiers and their coins on the road home ?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:19:11 PM

it's stuck on pending for some minutes. If I quit / relaunch, will I still have all my little soldiers and their coins on the road home ?

yes,

although pending transactions should rebroadcast after a few blocks

thisisnotmyltcusername

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:19:58 PM

yes,

more than 10 mn now, I think the "few blocks" have passed
Good thing I have Ubuntu + ssd, can't even imagine on windows  Grin
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

i keep getting pool to slow or credentialsw invalid when i try to solomine.... wtf

Just to follow up, I tried troubleshooting this by:

- Defrag disk, no issues there
- Complete reinstall of wallet (again) and re-sync on my best machine

No luck, still times out, unable to connect miners to it. The log is filled with:

ThreadRPCServer ReadHTTP timeout
ThreadRPCServer incorrect password attempt
ThreadRPCServer incorrect password attempt

messages. The password in my settings is correct, so there's something else going on, especially since just about 5 hours ago i was able to connect using the exact same .conf.

Also, just as a sidenote, it's a bit disconcerting that this this the IRC server I connect to:

irc.smutfairy.com

Not the best name to see when looking through the log.

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:40:56 PM

yes,

My guys have been stuck since last night.  I've quit and restarted the wallet several times.  Still stuck at pending Sad

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

yes,

My guys have been stuck since last night.  I've quit and restarted the wallet several times.  Still stuck at pending Sad

if you have had tx pending for a long long time -- you can find the transaction with ? in your transaction list - and copy the transactionID. then click help, debug, console window and

type

deletetransaction <txid>

<txid> = the transaction id Cheesy

then restart client

thisisnotmyltcusername

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:12:21 PM

time to admit, despite forks & bugs & slowdowns, it was quite addictive. nearly spent the day with this today  Cheesy
still one or two soldiers to go home and I'll call it quit... for today  Grin
ipsum100

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:13:02 PM

I can not post in the forum for the giveaway, I do wrong?
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

noooo....... i updated again and the other 100 coins unconfirmed dissapeared. im back to only 50 coins total. fuck. this is the last time i am goin to try.

i just made 0.100 btc from 20 min of sillsaturncoin scam. so since profit already i will invest 1-2 hrs more. but this is getting frustruating.

i want to support but there is no reward.

also why is the comp so slow?  is the wallet doing anything else?  any thing mischievous happening?

could anyone shed some info?

OP... can i have your input please?

Huh

anyone?         anyone?           anyone?

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: