Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
redsoxchampsO4

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

edit: got huntercoin open again. Just says I'm not connected to the network, and out of sync. It's not starting to synchronize though.

upgrade to 1.00.05

delete everything in datadir except wallet.dat and huntercoin.conf

make sure have the addnodes from OP

I downloaded 1.00.05, not syncing though. I don't see huntercoin.conf when I go appdata>>roaming>>huntercoin, is that the problem? Also dont understand the addnodes at all.  I can even see all the transaction I had made in the game, just wont sync up.

I'm new at this too, this is what I did and hopefully I did it correctly.  It seems to be working for me, so:

You need to create the huntercoin.conf file, it does not exist on install.  Go to your appdata>>roaming>>huntercoin folder and create a new text file.

Paste the following in:

addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=192.81.209.210
addnode=178.32.31.41
printtoconsole=1

And save the file as huntercoin.conf (make sure it is not huntercoin.conf.txt).

Okay thanks a lot, got the .conf file in now. Still just no connection to the network though. Any fix for that?

check your firewall settings

my firewall settings?  I had been playing this for days with no problem until last night, I don't think any settings have changed since then?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:57:10 PM

edit: got huntercoin open again. Just says I'm not connected to the network, and out of sync. It's not starting to synchronize though.

upgrade to 1.00.05

I downloaded 1.00.05, not syncing though. I don't see huntercoin.conf when I go appdata>>roaming>>huntercoin, is that the problem? Also dont understand the addnodes at all.  I can even see all the transaction I had made in the game, just wont sync up.

I'm new at this too, this is what I did and hopefully I did it correctly.  It seems to be working for me, so:

You need to create the huntercoin.conf file, it does not exist on install.  Go to your appdata>>roaming>>huntercoin folder and create a new text file.

Paste the following in:

addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=192.81.209.210
addnode=178.32.31.41
printtoconsole=1

Okay thanks a lot, got the .conf file in now. Still just no connection to the network though. Any fix for that?

my firewall settings?  I had been playing this for days with no problem until last night, I don't think any settings have changed since then?

and there is no messages on the screen - "warning"?

not sure otherwise ..

what block are you on

redsoxchampsO4

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

upgrade to 1.00.05

Paste the following in:

addnode=192.241.222.65
addnode=192.81.209.210
addnode=178.32.31.41
printtoconsole=1

and there is no messages on the screen - "warning"?

not sure otherwise ..

what block are you on

no warnings or anything, everything is normal just not getting synced. It's on block zero...
Maus80

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:03:55 PM

I closed my 1.5 wallet and tried to reopen it, because it was hanging up a lot, and now it refuses to open. It sits with a whited-out logo box for a while, then tells me the program has stopped working and is closing (win7). I don't understand why it would work fine, I would close it to reopen and suddenly it's broke. 1.4 still loads, but won't sync and says "Chronon 55000000"....any ideas?
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:10:25 PM

I closed my 1.5 wallet and tried to reopen it, because it was hanging up a lot, and now it refuses to open. It sits with a whited-out logo box for a while, then tells me the program has stopped working and is closing (win7). I don't understand why it would work fine, I would close it to reopen and suddenly it's broke. 1.4 still loads, but won't sync and says "Chronon 55000000"....any ideas?

maybe you forced closed it at one point and corrupted some data

try starting with -rescan

Maus80

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:22:27 PM

No I haven't done that. I just got it to open once for a few minutes, then it errored and closed again. It wouldn't sync or connect to network. -rescan does nothing.

ps - i have tried restarting my computer now too, didn't help.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:26:09 PM

No I haven't done that. I just got it to open once for a few minutes, then it errored and closed again. It wouldn't sync or connect to network. -rescan does nothing.

if u have zero connections and have added the nodes correctly, then I don't know.. sounds like a network/firewall issue

Maus80

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:30:45 PM

if u have zero connections and have added the nodes correctly, then I don't know.. sounds like a network/firewall issue

Network/firewall issues don't suddenly start happening in the time it takes to close a wallet and reopen it. They also wouldn't cause the program to crash and close itself, which it does every time now.

edit - Ok, from what I can see now: The wallet opens, and as soon as it connects to the network (the little bars show up) that is when it instantly closes and box pops up "huntercoin-qt.exe has stopped working".
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:32:12 PM

Network/firewall issues don't suddenly start happening in the time it takes to close a wallet and reopen it. They also wouldn't cause the program to crash and close itself, which it does every time now.

try downloading chain again...

Maus80

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

How do I download the chain without using the wallet that crashes and closes as soon as it connects to the network? Direct download link for the chain please.
jsteelbeam

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:42:39 PM

Too all 3 of the last posted.

Close the wallet.

If you are on windows - Right click the shortcut to the wallet and go to the end of the shortcut location and after it was /huntercoin-qt.exe" -rescan

Then press OK and then reopen the wallet with the shortcut.

Try that.

what rescan? i don't understand

it worked for me. thx. i send some huc to poliniex address. it has 10 confirms but is not there yet. can that coins be lost ?

right click on you huntercoin-qt shortcut and properties. In the target text at the end add " -rescan" (space -rescan)  

Ok, I'm a noob and I've seen people say open client with -rescan, but not sure what it means.  A couple of pages back this ^ was posted before and as a newbie I'm not 100% certain what that means.  If I'm reading this correctly, I would take the following actions:

1. Go to my local folder where I have installed the Huntercoin-QT
1. Right-click on the "huntercoin-qt" file
2. SELECT "Properties"
3. In the "General" tab, type in " -rescan" to the end of the "huntergoin-qt" text in the text box.  NOTE: ensure there is a space between qt and -rescan.
4. Click "OK"
5. Double click the "huntercoin-qt -rescan" file to launch wallet.

Is that correct?  And if it is, isn't that the same as right-click >> rename >> append " -rescan" to the filename?  

Whenever I tried this, nothing happened. The wallet doesn't open (which I kind of expected).
KickAzzDude

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:50:16 PM

After playing some yesterday and today and seeing some tactics people are doing to steal coins from people I came up with some possible suggestions for the game:

-Speed increase the more coins the character holds
-Same color players not able to kill each other, at least at the spawn
-Random location spawns for coin deposits
-Character levels, the longer they live could boost speed or grant you extra characters

Just some ideas, anyway I think this is a cool concept and hope it can continue to develop!

pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:05:17 AM

Close the wallet.

If you are on windows - Right click the shortcut to the wallet and go to the end of the shortcut location and after it was /huntercoin-qt.exe" -rescan

Try that.

it worked for me. thx. i send some huc to poliniex address. it has 10 confirms but is not there yet. can that coins be lost ?

right click on you huntercoin-qt shortcut and properties. In the target text at the end add " -rescan" (space -rescan)  

Ok, I'm a noob and I've seen people say open client with -rescan, but not sure what it means.  A couple of pages back this ^ was posted before and as a newbie I'm not 100% certain what that means.  If I'm reading this correctly, I would take the following actions:

2. SELECT "Properties"
3. In the "General" tab, type in " -rescan" to the end of the "huntergoin-qt" text in the text box.  NOTE: ensure there is a space between qt and -rescan.
4. Click "OK"

Is that correct?  And if it is, isn't that the same as right-click >> rename >> append " -rescan" to the filename?  

Whenever I tried this, nothing happened. The wallet doesn't open (which I kind of expected).

go to where you installed it... the folder itself.. and you should see the URL at the top... click it.. and it will give you a long link..

"C:\fdslkfjasdlkfjas\adsfadsfasd\fsdafsadf\FolderNameWhereHUCIsInstalled\huntercoin-qt.exe -rescan" <--- without quotes
albalaportocala

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

I have BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! wallet crahed!!! 11DBexeception  Angry Angry i deleted all on appdata only wallet.dat not deleted....but wallet don't working  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry and deleted wallet.dat and wallet working WHAT THIS FUCK?? I LOST ALL HUC FUCK THISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jsteelbeam

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:15:10 AM

Close the wallet.

Try that.

2. SELECT "Properties"
4. Click "OK"

go to where you installed it... the folder itself.. and you should see the URL at the top... click it.. and it will give you a long link..

"C:\fdslkfjasdlkfjas\adsfadsfasd\fsdafsadf\FolderNameWhereHUCIsInstalled\huntercoin-qt.exe -rescan" <--- without quotes

Gothcha.  Thanks.  Now that makes more sense.

Out of curiosity, what exactly does the "-rescan" do?
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:18:38 AM

As i said few days ago... I'm working on a totally new client that would be based on the original wallet

I'm developing it in .Net/XNA and it's targeted to Windows users (i think that a VM on linux can work too, when i'm ready i'll release to test Tongue)

I'll start with some basic stuffs in a readonly way (will be possible to watch the "realtime" situation), using some advance features like center/lock crown

as you can see in the image i load correctly the map and i've put a little radar on top left (i think i'll do some features like "lock to player xyz"  or show enemies approaching one of our selected unit (reading transaction i could see if their path is leading to our hunter position, some warning like "home missile incoming" Tongue)
I've even added another floating map that could be useful to track 2 areas (so u can track crown, enemy or allied)

I've still a lot to do, but i started from scratch Tongue
P.S.
the map is very fast and very responsive, even with minimap open!
i've still to load hunters on that but since i render only visible part i don't think will be a huge problem

moreover i'd like to add a feature that when on a tile (a map square) there are many hunters, clicking on that tile shows a popup giving info on hunters over it (and maybe u can take some action)
I plan to put even a chat on the bottom (i'll read original message but i can even think about doing some alternative chat, could be interesting)

I'm looking for a bounty Cheesy
P.S.
I pref to fly down so i'll try to release step by step, as soon as i've first nice integration with real time data i'll publish the first alpha release

P.P.S.
i'm looking for nice idea to implement Smiley

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
silvergoldandbitcoin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:21:55 AM

For all those just now tuning in, Welcome to Huntercoin! AKA Pendingcoin! AKA GoCoin!

Devs, this is a really cool cryptocurrency, but there are some really frustrating parts about it.

Are you able to ban certain words from appearing in the chat? For example, "go"?

It would really clean up the chat box and make the blocks smaller size/ easier to download.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'm just wondering if this is even possible?

silvergoldandbitcoin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:22:32 AM

As i said few days ago... I'm working on a totally new client that would be based on the original wallet

I'm developing it in .Net/XNA and it's targeted to Windows users (i think that a VM on linux can work too, when i'm ready i'll release to test Tongue)

I'll start with some basic stuffs in a readonly way (will be possible to watch the "realtime" situation), using some advance features like center/lock crown

as you can see in the image i load correctly the map and i've put a little radar on top left (i think i'll do some features like "lock to player xyz"  or show enemies approaching one of our selected unit (reading transaction i could see if their path is leading to our hunter position, some warning like "home missile incoming" Tongue)
I've even added another floating map that could be useful to track 2 areas (so u can track crown, enemy or allied)

P.S.
i've still to load hunters on that but since i render only visible part i don't think will be a huge problem

moreover i'd like to add a feature that when on a tile (a map square) there are many hunters, clicking on that tile shows a popup giving info on hunters over it (and maybe u can take some action)
I plan to put even a chat on the bottom (i'll read original message but i can even think about doing some alternative chat, could be interesting)

P.S.
I pref to fly down so i'll try to release step by step, as soon as i've first nice integration with real time data i'll publish the first alpha release

P.P.S.

OMG the radar thing would be soooo cool!

albalaportocala

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:27:24 AM

I have BIG PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! wallet crahed!!! 11DBexeception  Angry Angry i deleted all on appdata only wallet.dat not deleted....but wallet don't working  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry and deleted wallet.dat and wallet working WHAT THIS FUCK?? I LOST ALL HUC FUCK THISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/xq90/577/bo1t.png
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:27:57 AM

P.S.

P.S.

P.P.S.

If you need linux testers send me a pm. Oh and LOOKS GREAT!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: