Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
beLiefs

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:31:44 AM

snailbrain there's no way you're serious right?
new downloads are getting stuck because you jammed up all three of the addnode IPs on the elgius chain.

I have two VPS that are syncing to the middle chain right now, once they are synced I can release them for people to use as 'addnodes..  you can even sync your three original nodes to them at that point if you want.

then problem will be resolved.

Seconded. I don't know what I'm doing yet as far as analyzing the chain (learning,) but having played all 3 chains now over the last (what day is it?) -- I have seen the least errors / troubles on the "middle" chain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:34:09 AM

Are you a mod on the IRC chan #huntercoin00?

nope, never even been on it

paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:36:42 AM

really?
how do you think the wallets find one another?
they all use that IRC channel to announce to one another, the problem is right now all three chains worth of wallets are all announcing to one another one that same channel.

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

really?
how do you think the wallets find one another?
they all use that IRC channel to announce to one another, the problem is right now all three chains worth of wallets are all announcing to one another one that same channel.

really what?

oh right.. you mean the irc lookup channel..

sorry, i thought you was talking about actual chat Smiley
(and no, i'm not the mod)

but what has that got to do with your previous statements?

snailbrain there's no way you're serious right?
new downloads are getting stuck because you jammed up all three of the addnode IPs on the elgius chain.

I have two VPS that are syncing to the middle chain right now, once they are synced I can release them for people to use as 'addnodes..  you can even sync your three original nodes to them at that point if you want.

then problem will be resolved.

none of the addnodes are synced at all (or even running the daemon), except khal block explorer (and i removed that link) and that one isn't even on eligius chain

so dunno where you made that shit up from... Smiley

---

i was going to start a local link between 2 vm's, one with the longest chain.. and see if the other can sync from scratch by just using that as a node and nothing else... but, i need to first sync to the longest chain..

either way.. doesn't matter, there is still a problem, otherwise we would reorg to the longest chain Smiley

paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:42:19 AM

connect to irc.lfnet.org and check out huntercoin00
they look up one another by reverse lookup of the IPs

---
paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:44:18 AM

snail why do half the wallets in that channel look like this x908339248 and the other half like this uAqoNNq1cDwrdCM?

can you just turn the channel off until the chain issues are resolved? the problem is that they're all on different versions of the chain

---
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:45:07 AM

connect to irc.lfnet.org and check out huntercoin00
they look up one another by reverse lookup of the IPs

yep i know (bitcoin no longer uses this), needs to be updated...

but, how will that prevent people finding people on eligius chain?

clients are not reorganising onto the longest chain..

we can't turn off all Eligius nodes -- and someone can just mischievesly put one on.. or am i missing something (don't think so)

the problem i'm guessing  is the same as on launch... reorg + death = resurrection/forks

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:46:34 AM

snail why do half the wallets in that channel look like this x908339248 and the other half like this uAqoNNq1cDwrdCM?

can you just turn the channel off until the chain issues are resolved? the problem is that they're all on different versions of the chain

no, Mikhail created the channel, the dev who coded huntercoin. He passed away as you are probably aware.

as for why half say that and have don't, i'm not sure.. also i think there is/was 2 channels? 01 as well? could be wrong

paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:49:41 AM

Of course they aren't, because they're all on an IRC channel sharing with each other totally differerent chains.  We're talking chains that are nearly 1000 blocks different size-wise.
Why can't we turn off all the eliesus nodes? if you turned off your three nodes (that you said aren't even running the daemon anyways) and we turned off the IRC channel, nobody would know how to talk to anybody else.  Then start by announcing nodes that are on the correct chain, to connect to via addnodes.
The IRC functionality is just asking for a fork.  and yes, there is also a #huntercoin02

otherwise just release an emergency version update and modify the IRC channel to use a different one, then make sure that you have only got the correct fork daemons on that channel when poeople start to join it.

---
paradigmflux

small fry

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:53:20 AM

also snail, bitcoin has had the irc functionality disabled since what, version 6.0?
what version of the bitcoin daemon did you guys even use for namecoin/huntercoin???

---
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:54:44 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 03:51:23 AM by snailbrain

Of course they aren't, because they're all on an IRC channel sharing with each other totally differerent chains.  We're talking chains that are nearly 1000 blocks different size-wise.
Why can't we turn off all the eliesus nodes? if you turned off your three nodes (that you said aren't even running the daemon anyways) and we turned off the IRC channel, nobody would know how to talk to anybody else.  Then start by announcing nodes that are on the correct chain, to connect to via addnodes.
The IRC functionality is just asking for a fork.  and yes, there is also a #huntercoin02

otherwise just release an emergency version update and modify the IRC channel to use a different one, then make sure that you have only got the correct fork daemons on that channel when poeople start to join it.

it's not a proper fix.. and hoping people don't just add eligius chain to the new irc channel is not good.. people will jsut do it out of spite

it needs to be fixed properly

Devs need to check what happened at the blocks at the fork
Devs need to work out why we are not reorging to the longest chain

they will be related.

from the sounds of things, it seems you just want to be on this longest chain.. which i can respect, ..
but, whatever has to be has to be.. i'm not deciding, we will see what the people who can "see" the code think

also snail, bitcoin has had the irc functionality disabled since what, version 6.0?
what version of the bitcoin daemon did you guys even use for namecoin/huntercoin???

same for namecoin..
namecoin is based on bitcoin 0.3.x, and huntercoin is based on namecoin...

if you have 30k$ you can pay for the rebase if you want.. or spend a year doing it Cheesy

it has been suggested about removing the irc lookup in the past.. probably will be done with the reimplementation onto libcoin

Alphonz

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:58:20 AM

The IRC functionality is just asking for a fork.  and yes, there is also a #huntercoin02

it's not a proper fix.. and hoping people don't just add eligius chain to the new irc channel is not good.. people will jsut do it out of spite

they will be related.

from the sounds of things, it seems you just want to be on this longest chain.. which i can respect, ..
but, whatever has to be has to be.. i'm not deciding, we will see what the people who can "see" the code think

they want to be at the longest chain because they got a lot of HUC from some bot that destruct in the base i think Tongue
beLiefs

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:07:24 AM

they will be related.

they want to be at the longest chain because they got a lot of HUC from some bot that destruct in the base i think Tongue

I like to keep my options open. Making HUC on all 3 chains. I hope we don't have too many more forks though. I don't know how many more versions of reality my brain can process. Cheesy

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:32:46 AM

they will be related.

I like to keep my options open. Making HUC on all 3 chains. I hope we don't have too many more forks though. I don't know how many more versions of reality my brain can process. Cheesy

I want to stay on the longest chain because i'm holding the crown there. Smiley)
beLiefs

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:34:48 AM

they will be related.

I want to stay on the longest chain because i'm holding the crown there. Smiley)

Wow nice job! It's an accomplishment even if that ends up not being the chosen chain. Congrats!  Smiley
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:36:42 AM

The IRC functionality is just asking for a fork.  and yes, there is also a #huntercoin02

they will be related.

2 chains.. 1 is defunct (no one mining it)
and eligius chain is very slow..

on a side note.. it seems huntercraftmine + domob patch has fixed daemon crash.. (i think) as i have the livemap working (on eligius chain, so that is one extra for eligius.. but there will be many i'm sure.. e.g. people wanting to human mine both chains.. so disabling it isn't going to change anything) http://162.243.175.205:3000/ - i recreated it on another IP a good few hours ago, and upgraded it.

I guess there can be a patch which fixes reorg onto longest chain (or worst case need to be on the shortest chain (eligius))

at the time of first fork (when f2pool brokeaway from eligius), it seems there was annihilation of yellow base (can see on live map), probably hundreds of deaths. maybe some reorg here is what caused fork. although, not sure what happened when f2pools own scrypt and sha256 pools split.

this was the patch that fixed the problem with reorg after all the multiple forks at launch (if anyone can make sense of it):
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/commit/3b3b3782333f93e4a1fa803e9a35dd48bedb6372

anyway.. as you know, i'm only guessing Smiley I should have carried on coding instead of playing MMORPGs all them years ago Cheesy

they will be related.

maybe i could put a good word in -- 50/50 ?  Cheesy

DavidT

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:46:32 AM

@paradigmflux: Could you just cut snailbrain some slack? YOU are probably the one who caused this all, considering the fuss you make about staying on "your chain"..... Just a thought - you aren't the BGB bot owner by any chance and see your profits disappearing?

Geez, this is an experimental coin, never done before and you act like you are entitled to being "right" - well newsflash, you are not.

Do we want to turn this into another sh..altcoin thread or stay on topic and wait it out? Attacking snailbrain is not doing you any good.

The well known saying is there for a reason: "If you don't want to say something nice, you can as well be quiet"... Try that, PLEASE...
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:47:11 AM

yeah oh man I am on the long chain and there are just coins bloody everywhere... even in the center.. damn near full spread.

[edit] to add to that its kinda fun cause NO ONE is moving. You could really cause some trouble if there wasnt soo many damn coins everywhere. Also, I wonder if it would be a good time to solo mine against my wallet since the hashrate is obviously divided amongst the forks.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:49:48 AM

SNAILBRAIN

when can we start trading on poloniex?

i want grab more coins...

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:53:20 AM

SNAILBRAIN

when can we start trading on poloniex?

i want grab more coins...

lol seriously man? there are three forks at least right now and you wanna start moving coins around? do you think that is a good idea? My money would be on just forgetting about HUC for a day or two and let the devs figure this mess out bud. Huntercoin is not going anywhere soon have no fear.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: