Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:27:36 AM

definitely - after a disaster, crown should reset to one of the random locations in the central areas of the map.

Crown battles are the best - if you get the crown, and you have to go to work - you need to miss work Smiley

Ok, I also like this behaviour better.  Will try to update my patch when I come around to it.  (Currently, I'm working on optimising performance.)

The time between each disasters is like an "Era" - do you think it should be called a Chron ?

Chronon = 1 Block - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronon
Chron = Each cycle (after Disaster) - i.e. we are now in Chron 1.

I like this, too. Smiley

Do disasters come at consistent, predictable intervals? Or is there a range?

I wondered if it would be interesting to put the disasters on a schedule determined by real world events. For example, any earthquake greater than 7.0 would create a disaster in the game space. But this might have the effect of trivializing real world tragedies and suffering. 

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:54:16 PM

Mapwide disaster and new 0 lenght blockchain does sound very appealing.

The sync up is incredibly painful. It could get us back to day one at least.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:18:04 AM

Block Explorer >> http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/

Is this down for anyone else?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:31:49 AM

Block Explorer >> http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/

Is this down for anyone else?

yes, since 2 or 3 days

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:55:25 AM

har har har,
some news about my progression with my client!
I've just posted a brief video (< 2 min) about the new interface i'm doing, here the link

http://youtu.be/NSkgcfehCmc

here you can see what I've done at the moment:
- a new Mini Wallet, with a clean and nice interface, that show easily the current transations statuses and get updated every new game_state (so every new block).
- a new Cell Info window, much better then previous one (not yet finished, need context menu actions and other things like maybe a "search" feature

both are 80% completed
after that 2 windows, I'll implement a new Chat panel, so i can show everything (hopefully) included chinese text, etc...

then the "my troops", "statistics"(easy) , login screen and the "mini map" (the trickier) to finish the "porting"
then... i'll dive into army and bot programming interface, will be exciting!

meanwhile I inivite you to download and use current version of Huntercoin: Mithril Edition, look what i've done few minutes ago thanks to intelligence client gives

27 HUCs in few minutes Smiley (i don't know who has been the suicider blue bomber, but i used his moves to gather dropped coins! Smiley
(tomorrow or the day after I'll start applying the 1HUC fee on my client, so low!)

here the links again to the video on the upcoming interface (no ETA at the moment, too much work still to do but i could release an early version of the game with a mixed interface if it makes sense),

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
radi324

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:45:30 AM

har har har,
I've just posted a brief video (< 2 min) about the new interface i'm doing, here the link

- a new Mini Wallet, with a clean and nice interface, that show easily the current transations statuses and get updated every new game_state (so every new block).
- a new Cell Info window, much better then previous one (not yet finished, need context menu actions and other things like maybe a "search" feature

both are 80% completed
after that 2 windows, I'll implement a new Chat panel, so i can show everything (hopefully) included chinese text, etc...

then the "my troops", "statistics"(easy) , login screen and the "mini map" (the trickier) to finish the "porting"

meanwhile I inivite you to download and use current version of Huntercoin: Mithril Edition, look what i've done few minutes ago thanks to intelligence client gives

27 HUCs in few minutes Smiley (i don't know who has been the suicider blue bomber, but i used his moves to gather dropped coins! Smiley
(tomorrow or the day after I'll start applying the 1HUC fee on my client, so low!)

here the links again to the video on the upcoming interface (no ETA at the moment, too much work still to do but i could release an early version of the game with a mixed interface if it makes sense),

Thanks for your hard work MithrilMan. 1HUC is a very low fee indeed, I think the community would prefer a higher fee rate in exchange for some more of your great work.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:48:40 AM

What is the block explore now? (I need to check a address or two)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:38:27 PM

What is the block explore now? (I need to check a address or two)

none up atm.

The huntercoin Explorer is on the same server as namecoins, both are down due to some "updates"/issues with khals/namecoin/sites

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:24:32 PM

har har har,

both are 80% completed

Been using your client since you released it. Love it, it's awesome. Only 2 issues, 1 I think may be an actually bug/issue and 1 that is just a thought.
1 - When I try to create a new hunter, I can't find a way to tell it, as in the wallet, "Use this wallet address as default for all hunters". It seems the only thing to do is type the wallet address when creating a new hunter. Can't even copy and paste an address in there, so I have been switching to the 7b version of the regular wallet to create a player, then closing it and opening ME.
2 - Can you see your unconfirmed coins anywhere? I dont see the colored band of the "bank zone" and when I do actually go to the last spot and bank coins, I dont see anywhere that it happens, so I don't actually know it was a success until the coins are confirmed.

Unless i am just missing something. But again, I love this ME. It truly is awesome!

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:48:12 PM

Been using your client since you released it. Love it, it's awesome. Only 2 issues, 1 I think may be an actually bug/issue and 1 that is just a thought.
1 - When I try to create a new hunter, I can't find a way to tell it, as in the wallet, "Use this wallet address as default for all hunters". It seems the only thing to do is type the wallet address when creating a new hunter. Can't even copy and paste an address in there, so I have been switching to the 7b version of the regular wallet to create a player, then closing it and opening ME.
2 - Can you see your unconfirmed coins anywhere? I dont see the colored band of the "bank zone" and when I do actually go to the last spot and bank coins, I dont see anywhere that it happens, so I don't actually know it was a success until the coins are confirmed.

Unless i am just missing something. But again, I love this ME. It truly is awesome!

I'm glad you like it Smiley
to reply to your request:

1) I agree there isn't an option to set a default reward address (i'll add to my todo list) but you can copy and paste address. If you right click on the map and click on the huntercoin logo, a miniwallet opens and if you want to send all coins to one of your wallet address (listed there) you can just right click the address and a context menu allow you to copy in the clipboard that address, here is the pic:

to paste the address, select the reward field and press CTRL + V and voilat Smiley

2) If you mean if you have a pending reward, you can see that in the miniwallet (1st pic), if you mean pending reward coin value, not on the current version, but the new interface i'm working on, will have much more info, see pic here:

(in the pic i've not a pending reward, but you can see the "amount" column)

P.S.
as a note about the new interface:
top and bottom panel are collapsible, left area (strategic pane) is a placeholder that you can expand/shrink and where you can place floating windows(not docked, so you can let them overflow a bit if you need)
It's not definitive (i still miss some panels) but it gives a clue about what i'm doing

P.P.S.
i'm going to activate fee system(1 huc) in few minutes

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:25:44 AM

I'm glad you like it Smiley
to reply to your request:

1) I agree there isn't an option to set a default reward address (i'll add to my todo list) but you can copy and paste address. If you right click on the map and click on the huntercoin logo, a miniwallet opens and if you want to send all coins to one of your wallet address (listed there) you can just right click the address and a context menu allow you to copy in the clipboard that address, here is the pic:

to paste the address, select the reward field and press CTRL + V and voilat Smiley

2) If you mean if you have a pending reward, you can see that in the miniwallet (1st pic), if you mean pending reward coin value, not on the current version, but the new interface i'm working on, will have much more info, see pic here:

(in the pic i've not a pending reward, but you can see the "amount" column)

P.S.
as a note about the new interface:
top and bottom panel are collapsible, left area (strategic pane) is a placeholder that you can expand/shrink and where you can place floating windows(not docked, so you can let them overflow a bit if you need)
It's not definitive (i still miss some panels) but it gives a clue about what i'm doing

P.P.S.
i'm going to activate fee system(1 huc) in few minutes

It works!! I created a new player and copied the address from an existing player to the new one, waited for it to create, then checked the config and all was well. I even reloaded the 7b wallet to confirm it and all was well there. Thanks! Now I can create players here in ME! WooHoo!!

I can't wait to try out a bot/AI!! All the new features sound and look great!

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:02:14 AM

1 min block times are too long to make this actually playable.
radi324

Activity: 196

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

So you're suggesting reducing block rewards and block times at the same time?

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
Jem Nadaldev

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:36:12 AM

anyone else get a corrupted zip file downloading the chain from MEGA link in OP?
MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:18:36 AM

So you're suggesting reducing block rewards and block times at the same time?

while i agree that 1 min makes the game slow, we have to keep in mind what kind of game we are talking about
states comes from nodes on a peer net, latency is an issue and cpu power too, lowering block generation rate could cause some unwanted behaviour, not for the faster generation but because i.e. that time isn't sure and you could have two states very close and since this is a tactical game, you'd need the time to plan moves (or you'll give another advantage to bots)

in a classical strategy game, with clocked states, i'd agree 100% to lower "turn time" to the minimum reasonable time , but here i'm not sure
maybe 30sec (that means 1 min per algorithm, i think, since this is a dual algo cryptocoin) could fit well

and consider even that halving the generation time would mean doubling (well, not rly) the transactions, so the blockchain size (even if devs are working on prunings)

(and block rewards reduction is needed to keep the same amount of money)

jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:45:16 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 10:58:10 AM by jiefangqian

Today ,I find a webwallet .
There had 3 kinds of crytocurrencies.
I think it is useful for huntercoin

https://openblock.com/

There team think huntercoin is too small to list.
There web is opensource
https://github.com/haobtc/richwallet

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
Lpingui

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:11:57 PM

I'm not a qualified hunter!

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 09:03:42 PM

Try playing with 20 Hunter teams & then say that... YIKES! 1 minute isn't a lot of time. If you're in a crown battle, it's very hard to control because the time is so short.

But, if you have only a very few teams, then yes - 1 minute seems like forever.

Try working with more teams, or try attacking bots that are returning to base - you'll find that 1 minute is pretty fast. If you've got 50 or 100 or more HUC that you're hunting, you'll eventually end up asking yourself, "Is it ok to pee in a bottle if I get the coins?" Tongue Grin

mikeyfinn

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:52:50 PM

Wow! That sucked!  Grin

I got the popup window "Your time has expired! Press here to pay the 1 HUC ..." just as I was attacking and picking up some coins! I clicked just in time before the popup. It took like 4 blocks to confirm, and I think it might have even asked me 2x and taken 2 HUC instead of 1. I see 2 transactions 2 minutes apart. I suggest an option for paying more than 1 day at a time to avoid such issues.

Everything else going great otherwise!

regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

is there only the one pool for this coin?

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: