Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:03:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 06:50:02 PM

Not everyone has a case and situation like you. If you say that the income from your work gets you enough for your daily needs, it would be better if you defended it. But what happens is that crypto income is more supportive of daily needs than income from their regular job (it can be said that their salary is small). So by facing this reality, people would prefer to earn income with crypto

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:56:27 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I haven`t but my close friend was very near to do that same thing. He was blinded by an idea of making sure monthly profit by mining and trading. Spend so much time learning about crypto. He always says that he is just tired of doing his regular job with all the pressure that he experience there but that provides him really great  salary (working in pharmaceutical industry btw.). So, I am happy that he didn`t give up on his job, he is a dear friend of mine. It is much better or much safer that way, tired or not.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:07:35 PM

I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!
Life usually gives you a second chance and if you are not competitive enough you will be replaced in a corporate world, you really need to have a job to  survive and volatility in a market should not influence your job, if you really enjoy your work i am sure this will not happen, always try to find a job that gives you happiness than money. Tongue
yuukireit

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:14:15 PM

well i guess not many people are have same issues like you, many of my friend still working in his job as an devolper to but he still have a result in this crypto stuff and even join in some bounty too when he first learn to get some crypto in this forum, i agree if this a bit hard but i respect people like him and you too dude, just don't give up learning in the new thing
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:20:53 PM

Yes. The risk is high when you don't control your urge or temptation to catch up with the crypto world. Unlike commodities, Forex or stocks, cryptos is 247and is always with you, your mobile, desktop or other devices.

Except you're satoshi, or one of the top exchange owners, guard your 9 - 5 until it can yield 10x of your pink slips.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:25:51 PM

There are few friends of mine who see career in crypto , they are not interested to do job anymore. But yes i think it's better to have a regular job then just to rely on crypto.
PSL

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:25:32 PM

I sincerely wish you to get everything right with your work! I agree that, indeed, you need to prioritize - what brings you the most money today. But we should not forget about tomorrow, and it seems to me, is inextricably linked with crypto-currencies.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:47:51 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

I personally also had a similar situation with my job, when i first started learning about bitcoin i was always so intrigue to know more and more about it, it did not cause a problem at first but once i started learning about trading and buying and selling it started taking more and more of my time and it affected my work, which lead to my boss giving me notice over and over, at the point where he told me to chose between my work or bitcoin, i didn't wanna leave my job because i was happy with it, so i deiced to leave my crypto passion out of my work and just only worry about it at weekends or when i am home.
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:52:43 PM

You are right, crypto market research is very time consuming. I was blamed because I did not focus on work. But I want to spend more time in the crypto market. Because crypto helps me make more money than I do
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:58:10 PM

Let's love our job regardless of the fact that crypto has been a good financial helper. I have also spent much time in btc but never forgot to do my main source of income. Our jobs are much more stable than cryptocurrencies.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
Ghayoor

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:00:03 PM

Not everyone has a case and situation like you. If you say that the income from your work gets you enough for your daily needs, it would be better if you defended it. But what happens is that crypto income is more supportive of daily needs than income from their regular job (it can be said that their salary is small). So by facing this reality, people would prefer to earn income with crypto
yes sir you are right because bitcoin income is much more better then day or regular job i also left my regular job because my income was low in regular job and now i,m doing a great job here and my income is much more high .
kendedese

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:17:57 PM

I have no other job, so this job becomes my regular job. never crossed my mind to find another job, I am very grateful for this work.

laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:30:02 PM

Its fine, just take it easy, work on your job and at the same time try to study about cryptocurrency, try to do multi tasking at the same time, working hard will make you reach your goals.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

Sometimes, we need to choose the best in our life. Being a regular worker is good, we have monthly salary and we assure that our job is for a lifetime (since we are a regular worker). But think of it, do we need to work for the rest of our life? Cryptocurrency will help us to build our future. If we will invest today in cryptocurrency, for sure, we are not just benefit of it but our son and daughters also.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bintangkejoraku

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:36:12 PM

there are two things you should look into in this case. comfort and how many results you get. You will not be able to focus on both, which one will be a side job.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Stephen1989

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:41:00 PM

If you can focus into two worlds at the same time, then why not? Many traders that I know treat their cryptocurrency work as a method of earning alternative income while maintaining their current work/job. In this way, you are maximizing your earnings while having security in receiving monthly income from your work.
staradvincula

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

Well, I can say that you're still lucky because you still retained your job, and learned from your own experience. That is why I'm not agree to those who left their job in replacement to cryptocurrency. Then if things didn't work out right, they put the blame on it. It's just a matter of how you manage your time and priority. Let us not forget that the purpose of this is to make an extra income. Which mean, it can only be done during our extra time. Crypto is more applicable for those unemployed people because they can spend more time to this. If you have a stable job and still want to get involve in it, please set your limitations.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:00:37 PM

I think many people, especially when Bitcoin, or cryptocurrency in general, boomed thought of leaving their jobs for it believing that it would last long enough to be big that it would be gainful and sufficient to support their needs. However, as much as a I love and support cryptocrurrencies, it is not yet in such state where it could be considered as a self-sustaining kind of market. It's too hard and difficult to actually rely on something that could be unsure and unpredictable.
Ferry22

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:07:49 PM

Playing on Cryptocurrency is indeed sometimes make us forget the time, I myself often preoccupation when going in and play here, sometimes until midnight, not sleep until morning. luckily I was an entrepreneur, so I was free and no one arranged my work. if you can not manage your time to play Cryptocurrency, you will completely lose your work in the office.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:08:16 PM

Unless you do crypto for a full time you shouldn't mess with your job. Jobs are harder to find these days...lol. But you've got to have a schedule that you'd follow regularly. Crypto needs so much time, especially when you're into day trading or short-term trading. You may have to monitor the graphs frequently especially when you don't wanna miss out on landmark prices.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: