Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I almost lost my rock solid regular job because of crypto  (Read 5033 times)
Indra32

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

Indeed the main job is better. And do not you always focus on the work in crypto. Because work in cryptocurrency is very uncertain. If you have a major job then it is important to work on your main job. And do not get too ambitious in the world of cryptocurrency.

I think we can not really say trading and other items related to crypto are not considered work, but having a stable job is quiet both for your daily expenses rather than dependent on uncertain income, which I do not think is my specialty .
I can personally relate to these feelings, like you are too busy to do crypto research and all other things related to these things and you often forget that you still have work to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nmizu

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:00:44 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

strongly agree with your opinion friend
many people do not have a steady job even leaving their permanent jobs for the crypto world
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:19:10 PM

Like the title says, i almost lost my regular job as a software developer today when my boss reviewed my work. The job has been able to economically provide a comfortable life for me and losing it would really be a big hit to my income. I almost lost it because i spent so much time learning about everything crypto (mining, trading, bounties, etc.).

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel pretty lucky I was given another chance and want to remind other people that having a regular job is much better than relying on the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Make sure you prioritize your work!

strongly agree with your opinion friend
many people do not have a steady job even leaving their permanent jobs for the crypto world
I do understand those people who chooses to leave their job for cryptocurrency as a lot of opportunities here compare to the real world wherein you are just sitting in front of your computer and cannot explore things since you are just doing your daily job and other side duties that your boss will give you and personally I don't want that kind of job.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

It all depends on the degree of your involvement.
Personally I manage to do my regular job and learn about crypto in my free time.
What is more, I plan to quit my current job and switch fully to crypto market because even despite its volatility it offers prospects for bigger money than I am now earning. 
The opportunity to make huge money is almost over and people who invested in bitcoin and other alts when the price was really low had the opportunity to quit their job for good, but right now doing that would not be a good advice as you need to have a regular job and consider this as a part time investment like we invest with the stock market unless you are playing with huge amount of money there is no need to quit your job.
Nboramir

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:03:13 PM

These ideas of how to become rich with little effort also crossing my mind everyday. I think those people who take bitcoin as a thing that will make them rich without any effort or knowledge are those who always lose too. We should take bitcoin as a kind of extra work and profession not some kind of an easy path to wealth.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:28:12 PM

It is a very tedious work for me combining crypto currency and the regular job I am in now. Not long ago, I went to work and some documents were given to me to make summary out of the document. Can you guess what happened? The summary was about how to stabilize the company’s market business and the way forward to keeping employers active. Before I realized, I was bringing in blockchain and crypto currency market which my boss was not pleased with it at all. Though it is not easy, I will do my best.
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

It could be best in your perspective but for me different people have different mentality some want to freedom and chosing own working hours and crypto allow freedom to be own boss and choose own working hours.Crypto is the name of patience if you do it patiently atbone one stage you will realize you earning more than regular job.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:55:49 PM

Well I no longer have a job, i am into cryptocurrency,  Bitcoin now. I made the decision my self not that I lost the job. The kind of job I was into was stressful, making just about a little income  I told myself it wasn't worth it. So I opted for Bitcoin which I am comfortable and earning at the right time.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

That is what people must do that they need to prioritize their physical jobs more than doing crypto works because first things first, they must treat their physical jobs to be their main priority since it was considerate that they can gain an assurance of income which they can used to sustain their needs over time. People needs to do time management so that they can effectively work on both types of work without taking for granted the other one to enlarge the possibility of gaining larger income for more comfortable and sustainable life.

Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:07:07 PM

I have quit my job very first day when I invested in crypto because I was highly persuaded that this would be more worthy

E? I think you can only do this if you have silver spoon on your mouth tho! Anyways with that rank you can really make a fortune now. ^_^

For the OP, I hope you learned a lesson. If you really like your job, don't let the sideline crypto ruin it. Just as nothing is forever in this world, so is crypto and your job.

Learn to prioritize what will help you more from now on. ^_^

I agree, don't you ever quit in your job just because of crypto because crypto is too risky and we all not sure about the future of crypto, it's not because you earn a lot means that you need to quit in your job, you can do trading or something invest your money in crypto while having job.
Actually when a person lose his job then he think that he lost the income of his life and he think that now he can never get that much money from another place but he is wrong as he spend more time in his job to earn some money while if he come to other fields like business or online business then he will do work for a shorter time and he will earn a high income. In crypto he just need to adjust after that he will be very happy. Here is much need of software engineers.
LianaSie

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:03:16 PM

You are right, we should never forget, this is just one part of our life, and there are other important things as well to focus on.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:53:01 PM

For myself, I always have a schedule for myself, what time do I take care of my housework and what time is the time for my bitcon to plan ahead so the investment in bitcoin is not Affect my current job.
inquirybanjoE

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:58:44 PM

I used to browse a lot during my Job and my Boss didnt like it but i was also good with keeping his firewall logs empty (by using TOR and other methods). Nevertheless it did not Impact my Job that much because i work in IT service area where you only have to "work" when somone has a problem and i had enough down times.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:00:00 PM

Yes I agree one of the hardest thing here in crypto is to keep your mind up while you're transferring slightly to trading
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:01:43 PM

It is definitely true that a regular job is more necessary given that there's assurance when it comes to profit or income. The volatility in the market gives risk to the users. There are times that the majority of cryptomarket is falling that sometimes result into loss of profit. Despite of small salary, a job's benefit to an individual is really obvious.

Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

Software developer is a very nice job because the world of technology is currently growing, just try to multi task like learning cryptocurrency and still having a day job in order to have more income monthly.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 08:54:57 PM

That is true. we can't rely on cryptocurrency alone. we can still work while we're doing our crypto tasks. since it does not require too much time to do your Job in crypto, you can still have a decent Job. But I have some friends who chose to be full-time in Bitcoin because they said that they're earning more in Bitcoin compared to their regular Jobs.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:43:39 AM

I have quit my job very first day when I invested in crypto because I was highly persuaded that this would be more worthy

E? I think you can only do this if you have silver spoon on your mouth tho! Anyways with that rank you can really make a fortune now. ^_^

For the OP, I hope you learned a lesson. If you really like your job, don't let the sideline crypto ruin it. Just as nothing is forever in this world, so is crypto and your job.

Learn to prioritize what will help you more from now on. ^_^

I agree, don't you ever quit in your job just because of crypto because crypto is too risky and we all not sure about the future of crypto, it's not because you earn a lot means that you need to quit in your job, you can do trading or something invest your money in crypto while having job.
This is the most foolish thing to do and that I don’t think so that any of wise person will ever do any such thing. Job has nothing to do with investing your money into any of the crypto currency and that you must deal them separately in a way which can then help you in having some good earning from both the things and that you must work little harder than to make things work in a way you want them to be.
BitProCoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

It could be best in your perspective but for me different people have different mentality some want to freedom and chosing own working hours and crypto allow freedom to be own boss and choose own working hours. Crypto is the name of patience if you do it patiently atbone one stage you will realize you earning more than regular job.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:22:21 AM

A waiter or construction worker or a nurse. I can’t guess what kind of you work.  By the way, it is not essential to me. Find another job that suitable your skill that fine. You can add more source of income. Like joining on the different campaign in our forum, or you can do the trading.  You need to work to make money for your family. You are also lucky you have a job not like others don’t have. Just keep on doing right time will come you can solve your problem.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: