Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914090 times)
sokol

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:45:34 PM

Guys what with Max? Why again this fall in prices?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

Guys what with Max? Why again this fall in prices?

it's to be expected all coins have been dropping pretty much.. especially bitcoin !
BTC just hit a new recent low at $347 usd at BTC-e.. lots of dumping !

FUD first & ask questions later™
MAXcoin_Believer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

Check out Keisers Twitter profile for your answer.

Most informed Keiser supporters dumped Maxcoin for Startcoin already.

Startcoin/Startjoin is Keisers baby. Maxcoin is Luke's abomination.

I don't buy that.

What about Karl Gray?  He was buying up MAX like crazy just a few months ago and said so on Keiser's show.  You expect me to believe a guy like that had no idea what he was doing just a few months ago?

Not sure what happened to StartCoin but I doubt people dumped their max since max is holding up pretty well.

Indeed, I'm sure Karl Gray knows exactly what he is doing.  Is is quite strange that the devs have been so quiet about Maxcoin recently.  I'm sure something big is coming.  If I was a Maxcoin insider And something very big was coming I would certainly keep my mouth shut leading up to any news so I could soak as many up as I could at lower prices.  Doubt about any asset also leads to weak hands letting go of it easily and it's better to shake out weak hands at these low prices instead of having nervous Maxcoin holders dump the heap at a higher price and ruin any big returns for the rest of us who will not let go of them for a short term gain.

I also see Startcoin as a way of funding future Maxcoin projects.  For example, I will happily donate my interest payments every week to fund Maxcoin projects and if the price of startcoin rockets then I will be happy to throw even more fuel into the Maxcoin rocket.  If I was Keiser and Gray, I would have access to millions of startcoin, only a fraction of which can be used to fully fund Maxcoin projects to boost my main investment.  If that is the plan it's quite clever actually.  Free disposable money to boost my investment. Nice.

The Maxcoin/startcoin combo could be the killer crypto strategy.  It think both will do very well, but Maxcoin will take longer to get going so keep stacking while they are still this cheap. Don't believe FUD and remain confident that there is a plan for the future of Maxcoin.  Don't be a weak hand, believe in its future and be a strong hand and profit.

My Maxcoin is not going anywhere, they're staying in my possession and I will not be selling any until they are either worth a fortune or worth nothing. I'm all in on Maxcoin Smiley
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:12:04 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 09:36:21 PM by limbaugh

I don't buy that.

What about Karl Gray?  He was buying up MAX like crazy just a few months ago and said so on Keiser's show.  You expect me to believe a guy like that had no idea what he was doing just a few months ago?

Not sure what happened to StartCoin but I doubt people dumped their max since max is holding up pretty well.

The Maxcoin/startcoin combo could be the killer crypto strategy.  It think both will do very well, but Maxcoin will take longer to get going so keep stacking while they are still this cheap. Don't believe FUD and remain confident that there is a plan for the future of Maxcoin.  Don't be a weak hand, believe in its future and be a strong hand and profit.

Maxcoin will always be a fan created celebrity coin designed to cash in on a name. Keiser never has had anything to do with its development.

On the other hand, he IS CEO,co-founder of startjoin/startcoin.org and if you're banking on Keiser support, Startcoin is the obvious choice.

My Maxcoin is not going anywhere, they're staying in my possession and I will not be selling any until they are either worth a fortune or worth nothing. I'm all in on Maxcoin Smiley

If you were all in on Startcoin you would be up around 700%.

Trying to convince people Maxcoin is anything other than a dead end is just wrong.
MAXcoin_Believer

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

I don't buy that.

What about Karl Gray?  He was buying up MAX like crazy just a few months ago and said so on Keiser's show.  You expect me to believe a guy like that had no idea what he was doing just a few months ago?

The Maxcoin/startcoin combo could be the killer crypto strategy.  It think both will do very well, but Maxcoin will take longer to get going so keep stacking while they are still this cheap. Don't believe FUD and remain confident that there is a plan for the future of Maxcoin.  Don't be a weak hand, believe in its future and be a strong hand and profit.

Maxcoin will always be a fan created celebrity coin designed to cash in on a name. Keiser never has had anything to do with its development.

On the other hand, he IS CEO of startjoin/startcoin.org and if you're banking on Keiser support, Startcoin is the obvious choice.

If you were all in on Startcoin you would be up 700%.

Trying to convince people Maxcoin is anything other than a dead end is just wrong.

Thank you for your opinion.  700% from what date precisely? I'm up thousands of % on my startcoin investment! When I say I'm all in on Maxcoin I mean that I'm not selling what I have accumulated! Not at these prices, nowhere near these prices!

Karl Gray and Max Keiser were two of the Startjoin founders and Karl clearly said he was investing in Maxcoin (a fan created cryptocurrency) on the Keiser Report on RT.  Seems more likely that it was a long term plan than a mistake on his part.  Just because a crypto was created by a fan doesn't mean it can't be embraced by the celebrity himself.  Just because it was created by a fanboy doesn't mean your hypothesis is true any more than mine.  If max did want to support an independent crypto then why not support the one with his name on it?

You can't come on here to a Maxcoin thread and declare it a "dead end" while it is still trading on exchanges, even if there are problems with wallets.  If you are right I'm sure you will be back here for your gratification but what if you are wrong? What if people sell their Maxcoin on your advice and only live to regret it?  You will be nowhere to be seen for the verbal arse kicking you will be entitled to!

On the basis of total market cap and the 4k/5k satoshi price per Maxcoin there is a low downside risk compared to the upside potential, especially considering the publicity Maxcoin can get on good price increases and good news.
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:24:58 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 09:21:17 AM by limbaugh

Anybody know how Max Keiser plans to pump 2 coins (Max and Start)?

He is not going to pump 2 coins, he has nothing to do with the development Maxcoin.  

Some think Maxcoin can hitch a ride on Startcoins success. But I think Startcoin is just warming up, so why even bother with Maxcoin and its baggage.

And if you are considering investing in Maxcoin, do yourself a favor and read up on the shady past and poor reputation. Maybe one of the reasons Keiser has distanced himself from Maxcoin - other than the creation of Startjoin/Startcoin, of course.

I mean, why 2 coins?  It doesn't really make sense; why not focus your efforts on just 1 coin.

His focus is on just one coin, Startcoin. For anyone to claim otherwise is delusional.

On the basis of total market cap and the 4k/5k satoshi price per Maxcoin there is a low downside risk compared to the upside potential, especially considering the publicity Maxcoin can get on good price increases and good news.

Fair enough, but Maxcoin will always be the red headed stepchild. It is just a shame folks are getting confused that Maxcoin is a Keiser created and backed coin - which is not.

Splitting Keiser community into two different camps is not ideal. Vlad2Vlad is correct, why support Maxcoin when Startcoin is clearly superior; no need to divide support.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:24:28 AM

you mean the "better coin" that was never posted or talked about on all of Bitcointalk before ?

i recall hearing some shady shit about it but since it's such a pain in the ass to research and find out specs etc .. fuck it.

BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:42:50 PM

Vlad2Vlad is correct, why support Maxcoin when Startcoin is clearly superior; no need to divide support.

Just the premine itself, justify a big NO NO, whatever purpose it's supposed to cover. So, no thank you.
MAXcoin_Believer

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

Fair enough, but Maxcoin will always be the red headed stepchild. It is just a shame folks are getting confused that Maxcoin is a Keiser created and backed coin - which is not.

Can you quote me one post by anybody at all who says Maxcoin is a Keiser created coin?

But is IS a keiser backed coin, it's had exposure on RT and any Maxcoin news is retweeted by keiser.  There are hundreds of cryptos that he doesn't give a toss about.  Only a select few are discussed on his show and tweeted about!

While you are at it would you mind explaining why one of the Startjoin creators said he was building a position in Maxcoin if it's not part of a longer term plan?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

Can you quote me one post by anybody at all who says Maxcoin is a Keiser created coin?

But is IS a keiser backed coin, it's had exposure on RT and any Maxcoin news is retweeted by keiser.  There are hundreds of cryptos that he doesn't give a toss about.  Only a select few are discussed on his show and tweeted about!

While you are at it would you mind explaining why one of the Startjoin creators said he was building a position in Maxcoin if it's not part of a longer term plan?

Are you talking about. Karl Gray?

I'm asking myself the same thing but I can't figure out why they'd need to split their resources between 2 coins.  Is it because StartCoin is simply too niche?  I meant, it's really used just for StartJoin for raising funds.

So maybe. MaxCoin is their currency coin - to be used for other purposes.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
MAXcoin_Believer

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:40:13 PM

I'm asking myself the same thing but I can't figure out why they'd need to split their resources between 2 coins.  Is it because StartCoin is simply too niche?  I meant, it's really used just for StartJoin for raising funds.

Yeah, Karl.  It's my belief that Maxcoin will be their long term plan considering Karl's confession of buying Maxcoin.  I see startcoin as the coin they will use and abuse for the future funding of Maxcoin projects (a coin that was not pre mined) and any other projects they see as beneficial to whatever cause they might have.

Is it not strange that the Maxcoin chatter has stopped and Luke has been essentially AWOL for a fortnight after a problem started occurring?  If you want to know Max and Karl's long term strategy then look not at what they are doing but look at what they are not doing.  It might not be ethical but it is legal to fool investors to part with their investment at a discount so you can hoover them up before you start releasing news that will impact the price.  Every negative thing that has happened with Maxcoin to date could be attributed to a plan to scare investors and let the price fall so the devs and friends can buy cheap.

Let's play this out logically, and let's assume I'm the collective consciousness of the Maxcoin team.  I have just fixed a massive issue with Maxcoin or I am about to release news that is going to drive up the demand for Maxcoin.  Should I release the news now?  Should I wait and make people nervous?  If I release the news right now what do I get?  I expect to be paid for my efforts don't I?  So why not take matters into my own hands and gobble up cheap max and make a few quid?  Waiting allows me to accumulate Maxcoin that is being dumped by nervous holders as they drive the price down.  Now I have removed supply just before I increase the demand!

The real fools are the ones who can't read between the lines and base their investment solely on what could be a huge distraction from the main show.  Take for example the entire financial world, everyone buys into the propaganda that everything is fine even though you can see we are screwed if you do a little bit of digging.  Everyone eats up the bull crap that politicians spout but if you ask anyone individually "do you trust a politician" and the average answer is "no way"!  Although as a collective we gobble it all up!

Karl Gray owns maxcoins, you would be a fool if you thought that Max Keiser also doesn't own maxcoins.  If he came right out and said so then the price would go up.  But if he publicaly ignores Maxcoin for long enough then he has a chance of getting more for 5k, 4k, 3k sats or less.

Will someone just explain why a huge whale like Karl Gray bought Maxcoin please?  Did he make a mistake?  Does anyone think that Max Keiser doesn't own Maxcoin?  And most importantly, who here believes the Maxcoin devs don't own bucket loads of Maxcoin?  If I had my own little economy I would fill all your heads with doubt just before I pump, you lose, I win!
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:53:07 PM

Yeah, Karl.  It's my belief that Maxcoin will be their long term plan considering Karl's confession of buying Maxcoin.  I see startcoin as the coin they will use and abuse for the future funding of Maxcoin projects (a coin that was not pre mined) and any other projects they see as beneficial to whatever cause they might have.

Is it not strange that the Maxcoin chatter has stopped and Luke has been essentially AWOL for a fortnight after a problem started occurring?  If you want to know Max and Karl's long term strategy then look not at what they are doing but look at what they are not doing.  It might not be ethical but it is legal to fool investors to part with their investment at a discount so you can hoover them up before you start releasing news that will impact the price.  Every negative thing that has happened with Maxcoin to date could be attributed to a plan to scare investors and let the price fall so the devs and friends can buy cheap.

Let's play this out logically, and let's assume I'm the collective consciousness of the Maxcoin team.  I have just fixed a massive issue with Maxcoin or I am about to release news that is going to drive up the demand for Maxcoin.  Should I release the news now?  Should I wait and make people nervous?  If I release the news right now what do I get?  I expect to be paid for my efforts don't I?  So why not take matters into my own hands and gobble up cheap max and make a few quid?  Waiting allows me to accumulate Maxcoin that is being dumped by nervous holders as they drive the price down.  Now I have removed supply just before I increase the demand!

The real fools are the ones who can't read between the lines and base their investment solely on what could be a huge distraction from the main show.  Take for example the entire financial world, everyone buys into the propaganda that everything is fine even though you can see we are screwed if you do a little bit of digging.  Everyone eats up the bull crap that politicians spout but if you ask anyone individually "do you trust a politician" and the average answer is "no way"!  Although as a collective we gobble it all up!

Karl Gray owns maxcoins, you would be a fool if you thought that Max Keiser also doesn't own maxcoins.  If he came right out and said so then the price would go up.  But if he publicaly ignores Maxcoin for long enough then he has a chance of getting more for 5k, 4k, 3k sats or less.

Will someone just explain why a huge whale like Karl Gray bought Maxcoin please?  Did he make a mistake?  Does anyone think that Max Keiser doesn't own Maxcoin?  And most importantly, who here believes the Maxcoin devs don't own bucket loads of Maxcoin?  If I had my own little economy I would fill all your heads with doubt just before I pump, you lose, I win!

Brilliant M_B. I have to admit when dealing with Maxcoin the shady side of crypto's does appear to be the norm. So it's understandable, considering the Maxcoin devs track record, to expect despicable behavior.

But let's assume for a moment Keiser and Gray aren't involved in an elaborate conspiracy to screw over the community. They might simply have shifted focus from Maxcoin to Startcoin and the growing business it was designed for. If this indeed the case, it appears to be a brilliant move.

MAXcoin_Believer

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

Brilliant M_B. I have to admit when dealing with Maxcoin the shady side of crypto's does appear to be the norm. So it's understandable, considering the Maxcoin devs track record, to expect despicable behavior.

But let's assume for a moment Keiser and Gray aren't involved in an elaborate conspiracy to screw over the community. They might simply have shifted focus from Maxcoin to Startcoin and the growing business it was designed for. If this indeed the case, it appears to be a brilliant move.

Agreed, I take nothing away from Startcoin. It is indeed a brilliant idea.  That's not to say it couldn't be designed for a dual purpose.  (1) great crypto because of the fantastic business model.  (2) great way to boost ventures the startcoin admin believes in.

My whole argument is predicated on the belief that there is a bigger plan afoot, but the evidence (including silence at convenient times) does seem to point towards a good future for Maxcoin holders.  I mean, comparing it to other cryptos with nowhere near as much media exposure it's in a league with the big crypto names and should become a top 10 coin.

Despicable behaviour I can live with as long as it makes me money. It's an unregulated market, it's to be expected.  Let's get rich now and worry about policing cryptos later.  If the behaviour of the devs is despicable and leads to a huge fortune then I'll be along for the ride.  I don't see anything that they have done so far to be described as shady though.  Are you referring to the launch?
BainbridgeJ

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:14:19 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 01:41:31 AM by BainbridgeJ

I'm out! I dislike the way the community is being disrespected with non-information etc. Neither do I like being played around with. If insider price manipulation is the goal, then who is to say that it is not going to happen time-and-time again in the future - with the community the last to know?

Just my personal opinion. Good luck to all still holding.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:56:13 AM

What is going on with MaxCoin?  Why are the devs gone for so long?

Why won't Max Keiser answer repeated questions about whether he or Karl Gray are still involved and/or invested in MAX?

I really hate these childish games. 

Finally, the Cryptsy wallet has been down for weeks now so can someone explain to me how/why the Max price keeps dropping?  Usually when a wallet is down the price of even a diluted ShitCoin sky rockets (see MOON) due to temporary stop in inflation [supply].

So how can. Max continue to drop when no new maxCoins have been deposited to Cryptsy for at least 3 weeks?

Can anyone add any color to this absurdity and Max Keiser's silence regarding MAXCoin?

Much appreciated!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:00:26 PM

What is going on with MaxCoin?  Why are the devs gone for so long?

Why won't Max Keiser answer repeated questions about whether he or Karl Gray are still involved and/or invested in MAX?

Finally, the Cryptsy wallet has been down for weeks now so can someone explain to me how/why the Max price keeps dropping?  Usually when a wallet is down the price of even a diluted ShitCoin sky rockets (see MOON) due to temporary stop in inflation [supply].

So how can. Max continue to drop when no new maxCoins have been deposited to Cryptsy for at least 3 weeks?

Can anyone add any color to this absurdity and Max Keiser's silence regarding MAXCoin?

Much appreciated!

have you been asking on Twitter or something Max or Karl about this coin ?

no idea about Cryptsy but it's stupid bullshit why they would have any wallet down for almost a month.. pull your coins out of that shit hole man !

i hate to argue with you too but i don't think my observations support the theory of coins going up or even down when transfers are locked out
i think overall it can go either way..

and it's not continuing to drop it's been going up since the last time i looked at around 4300'ish to 5300'ish right now on Bittrex !
maybe consider moving your coins over to Bittrex like i did man Wink
you could be trading instead of waiting.. if you can even get your coins out of there !
i would be pissed the fuck right off if i was blocked from moving coins in or out for 3 whole motherfucking weeks man.. that is bullshit !
imagine your bank holding your money for 3 weeks and not saying a word about it..
come to Bittrex bro Wink
i am sending some max coins over there in like 2 minutes  Cool
Fuck Shitsy !

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

dumping seems to have gone on like crazy since i posted LOL

and Cryptsy ?
they should not leave markets open if you can't deposit or withdraw coins !

oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:53:33 AM

whats with the price jump in the past 24 hours? any news or just in a current pump?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:10:05 PM

whats with the price jump in the past 24 hours? any news or just in a current pump?

good question i see no reason for it.. ransom wtf action lol

MAXcoin_Believer

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:17:14 PM

What is going on with MaxCoin?  Why are the devs gone for so long?

First, Why are the devs gone for so long?  Why wont Max and Karl answer any questions about if they're involved in Maxcoin?  Because they want to accumulate more first!  It is precisely for this reason that I am so confident in maxcoin.  The one coin that they will ignore until they are ready to let the price explode upwards.  Ive been saying it for ages.  How hard is it to understand that they will do what they feel they need to do to maximise profits.  One of the things they need to do is to keep quiet at exactly the right times so that suckers (weak hands) dump cheap coins!

I love the childish games.  Because the weak hands are exposing themselves and my confidence in this coin grows by the day (especially today with the price increases)

Finally, the Cryptsy wallet has been down for weeks now so can someone explain to me how/why the Max price keeps dropping?  Usually when a wallet is down the price of even a diluted ShitCoin sky rockets (see MOON) due to temporary stop in inflation [supply].

Inflation stopping or not:-  Its because "stupid people" are selling their maxcoin because they think the world is ending for maxcoin.  They lack the ability to "read between the lines" and will continue to "lose money" trading cryptocurrencies!

EDIT:  These same "stupid people" will jump back into maxcoin when the price increases and news is released. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: