Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is launching '' FaceCoin '''  (Read 1481 times)
Stonetium

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:44:35 PM

I am nervous that this will be their "this is how we get out of the privacy issue" debacle, but I feel whatever coin...or blockchain they use will be another tool for us to be controlled by them
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Yes this is good news for the world of cryptocurrancy, you have previously predicted that social media platform will make their own coins or tokens. You know the news about Ico ban on social media is just a trick, or FUD. And now you can laugh at this news. That would be an advantage for them to do that when they can create any kind of centralized play currency to have people use on their system.
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:33:42 PM

Is there any confirmations or proof that this "Facecoin" owned by facebook? But if its real, this project will have huge investors. I will surely participate the ICO.

FIFAchain.io
Copper Member

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

I Think FaceCoin is Fake Coub
crypto4hope

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

I also think that Facebook coin is just a rumor.
Jednopivo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:42:58 PM

I believe Facebook want to use blockchain tech to help sort out their issues with data and privacy. But of course, the coin would also be used to make transactions within themselves. With over 2 billion Facebook users - I just wonder what the price would be....
CryptoDavies

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:59:16 PM

According to a new report from Cheddar, Facebook is exploring the possibility of launching its own cryptocurrency. The company might integrate this digital coin into its payment system and help them transfer money and make payments. ...its a great idea and a good business.
crea8ivemoiz

Activity: 231
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:23:15 PM

Well i don't think they will prepare for this.. But they do work process on blokchain and hire many big names who are contributing.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:44:26 PM

if this is true, then am super excited as it will surely be a huge success. facebook is the worlds leading social media platform and having its own cryptocurrency goes to show the world is coming together to adopt the use of cryptocurrency. i strongly support this and i hope it comes up soon
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:05:07 PM

They should call it a deface coin, or spy coin. Facebook had so many issues with leaks and hacks that it's not a safe currency issuer. I wouldn't trust them with my money. They would probably sell my data to the highest bidder, like they're doing to all their clients. CIA coin  Angry
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

I can't wait for this to actually be announce and launched. It's long coming. No doubt the coin will do well in the market as Facebook got the community to back it up already.

The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency

khalis

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:56:38 PM

If facebook is going to launch Facecoin it's very good, it means cryptocurency is growing and growing, but until now there has been no notice or official statement from the facebook that they will issue new coins, we can only hope whether this will come true.
Malya_alkendy

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:57:15 PM

This is good news, as more and more big companies that create Cryptocurrency will make Crypto even stronger, and I'm sure if later this coin from facebook has been released, it will be very crowded, because we know now very many Facebook users in the world this.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:44:29 PM

It seems that the social platform facebook is joining the fun in the cryptocurrency world and i think that it will be a good idea for them to launch their own coin since they banned the advertisement of the other cryptocurrency so the advertisement for cryptocurrency will be their own and it will attract a lot of investors for sure because of the reputation of facebook and the good returns of cryptocurrencies.
jhonnydeep87

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:00:56 AM

The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency

This is good news for the crypto currency lovers community, if this is true. In facebook involvement in the crypto world it will raise more awareness in the use of crypto currency so that many investors are interested. Cool
centralbanksequalsbombs

Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:04:18 AM

Hahaha LOL

Too bad all altcoins are relatively worthless!

Bitcoin's blockchain is the only unique one to provide the most security in a decentralized, global, incentivized fashion.

Popularity of Bitcoin will begin to explode with lightning in the next year.
Bitcoin's lightning network is emerging where fees will be tiny and cross-chain atomic swaps for decentralized exchange.

All other "blockchains" are more private worthless databases, my old nokia phone can do worthless databases. Other blockchains are simply scams.

Bitcoin's price will be at the very least more than 4 times (400%) of todays price in 5 years.

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and also Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...
Why are altcoins relatively worthless compared to bitcoin?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
Bitcoin is on the verge of lightning network release rendering altcoins as only backup plan options if not dead.
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold).

If fiat/credit supply stopped growing, then house prices, stock prices, financial assets would crash significantly in value.

Governments and laws are controlled by the central banks. Bitcoin is an anti-establishment revolution that has already solidified itself worldwide.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled. It cannot be banned. It cannot be made illegal. And conversely it cannot be legalized. It just simply is. And people can always use it.

For global fiat (US Dollars, Indian Rupees, Chinese Yuan, etc), the fiat bubble system broke a couple of decades ago.

Fiat around the world is forced to inflate issuance as its heavily infested, burdened and broken with (the following whether good or bad):
-regulatory burden on fiat banks & system (incredibly costly)
-inflating fiat to keep house-prices from collapsing
-inflating fiat to keep stock market rising
-financing conflicts, bombs, and "aid"
-backstopping insurance frauds
-costs of auditors and budgetors and accountants checking the same thing in governments and businesses
-big insurance loss-events
-unemployment & other welfare costs
-stabilize regions after natural disasters
-keeping monopolies with internet access and information centralized and search engine crawlers centralized
-officially sponsored "money laundering"
-backstopping credit chargebacks
-frivolous legal costs (lawsuits bogging the system down)
-state-sponsored corruption and unofficial corruption (governments and gangs, banks and conartists)
-retirement obligations (debasement in value to keep up with payments from government or other retirement-obligations)
-fake credit (goods being transacted with credit-loss, replaced by inflation of monetary base rather than bringing perpetrators & source to justice)
-using enforcement labor to freeze accounts and assets and take away your money

Bitcoin, systemically, is free from these limitations and burdens.

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:14:03 AM

I don't see the point in Facebook creating a cryptocurrency, given that we already have over 1,600 of them. This to me is a sign of excess. I really hope people don't throw their money into this.
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 12:22:03 AM

I have been hearing of that though but it has not been in reality. Cant wait to witness that.
actuealth

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:37:45 AM

Easy to imagine, what with their billion plus userbase, and the amount of activity going on at their platform. But, it's difficult in practice. Also, they tried something similar way back in time, and it was a dud.

Just as Google spectacularly flopped at social media with Google+, I think Facebook will face a similar problem if and when it decides to dabble in cryptocurrency.

Perhaps, they can compete with Coinbase et al, since they have a ready template on their platform fo Crypto transactions and identity matters. But, that's about all they will be able to manage.
Ginz_24

Activity: 39
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:04:53 AM

when will the project be implemented? I am very interested to join at least following the bounty campaign. Cheesy Kiss
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: