Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:39:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook is launching '' FaceCoin '''  (Read 1481 times)
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:10:12 PM

The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency

It is futile to deploy a certain currency for a social platform. I doubt that the blockchain technology can give benefit to a social media and it just doesn't make any sense. Nonetheless, if this is for the transaction regarding with the advertisements, seems to me that it is very impractical to even use a certain type of crytocurrency.  Huh
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rameshrajan1000

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

Interesting news ...Another new coin in the world of crypto...good competition...let's see how the facecoin survived in the crypto world.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:31:54 PM

Why I take this with a pinch of salt is because Mark Zuckerberg is not favourably disposed to cryptocurrency. However as many of these business men could be sly and slippery, anything could actually be going on behind the screens quiely.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:34:23 PM

Jesus fucking Christ.

Let's think this through - Facebook creates a payment token. Do Facebook -

A - Not set a value and make it freely tradeable on Yobit so the money of two billion users is available to pump and dump at will at the hands of a small number of penises.

B - Reject conventional crypto 'economics' and peg it to USD or whatever and not expose the wealth of their users to total destruction.

Think carefully. It's a real bastard of conundrum, innit.

And ICO? Forget it.

haha, true.
but i say there is a very good chance that all of this is just a rumor created by these click-bait news sites. they are well known for doing things like this. they make up stories and then it goes viral when every other smaller news sties copies their news.
they said they are looking in the technology they  didn't say they are creating a new coin.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Demughni

Activity: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:38:43 PM

The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

I think It is a good news. The big companies should accept or create crypto. Because It is the future technology. No one can refuse the technology.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:38:52 PM

haha, true.
but i say there is a very good chance that all of this is just a rumor created by these click-bait news sites. they are well known for doing things like this. they make up stories and then it goes viral when every other smaller news sties copies their news.
they said they are looking in the technology they  didn't say they are creating a new coin.

Them moving into moving money is an obvious step if Apple and Google are already at it. There's no more compelling way of keeping people locked to your platform. I don't see how or why they'd step beyond at most a token of some sort in partnership with the usual banks or card processors.

If they started to look into banking the unbanked that would be a vast deal. I've no idea how they'd achieve that though.
noneedmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:53:59 PM

Yes, it is true. Because if facebook really launches the coin would be a lot of investors who want to invest in it.
It will be a lot of devotees and the price will rise high. I will be the first investor if facebook publishes a coin.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:08:40 PM

finally, we hear a news from Facebook that want to launch their crypto coins and it seems, they want to control the crypto in their homepage with their coins. and if we see what they did in a few weeks or months ago that they banning the cryptocurrency ads or the ICO ads in their homepage, it's clear that they don't want to compete with the other ICO or coins. facebook will take the opportunity in the cryptocurrency and they prepare to set things up so their coins can survive in the cryptocurrency list.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:10:49 PM

haha, true.

Them moving into moving money is an obvious step if Apple and Google are already at it. There's no more compelling way of keeping people locked to your platform. I don't see how or why they'd step beyond at most a token of some sort in partnership with the usual banks or card processors.

If they started to look into banking the unbanked that would be a vast deal. I've no idea how they'd achieve that though.

that may be. but i can't help but feel like creating a new coin by any of these big companies is not going to end well. i mean who is going to use "FaceCoin" "GoogleCoin", etc when there is fiat and bitcoin for centralized and decentralized option.
my guess is that if they did really create these coins they will make a lot of noise and get a lot of traction (obviously big companies with a lot of money and a lot of advertising) but that won't last long for them. there is just no point in converting your money to FaceCoin and then making payments with that!

There is a FOMO brewing...
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:11:56 PM

The idea is great, but I don't think a lot of contributors or those who are paying for ads on facebook would agree with this, I think they just need to use a different platform, since facebook is free, there might be some illegal activities that may take place becuase of this, if we still remeber back then, facebook doesn't want anyone to be paying for the thr membership, if this pushed through, there will be a reason to buy their coin, so we can use different options, and from what I see, it is more likely to look like steam, if that happens, coins will be used to mask the transactions, and since facebook had been hacked before, what assurance can the people get, if they invest in facecoin? And just what exactly does the project promotes? And since there is already a lot of facebook users, this might lead to FUDs against crypto currency, since not all who are in facebook knows how investing works.
masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:13:58 PM

Facebook make own coin is speculation, i think this news can't believed. if they want to develope own coin, they will never block/banned crypto ads.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:16:31 PM

Reading the title, i thought that the coin finally released. I'm wrong though. They're still planning about it? Well good news, still. I think they will just forget about it, or cancel their plan to join crypto world.
I hope by launcing its coin, facebook can make people more aware of bitcoin existance. Make crypto currency more populer and maybe even attract more investors that may help the market.
And moreover, i really hope they launch great coins. Not just some useless coins like what it's like out there. Not trying to said bad things though. But some coins are useless and worthless.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:21:17 PM

let's see how it looks and what it brings to the people. I believe it's a natural move from facebook, as crypto currencies are becoming really popular amongst younger generation.
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

Do you think their coin will end up decentralized or not?

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:27:11 PM

Personally I have not seen any confirmation for the face coin. Facebook CEO said they are going to leverage on using the blockchain technology to boost their platform and this will really be a nice one for them. If they are going to make a coin , I dont think there will be ICO for it. It might be given free.
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

Facebook integration of cryptocurrency into it platform is going to bring crypto world to the people out there with bad perception of crypto and those that do not anything about it. Cant wait to join it ICO
shkwarka333

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:38:17 PM

And here is the good news, token Mar which Zuckerberg will release will use just crazy popular. This can be a good play
zinluzgina

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:46:35 PM

Let's wait and see what our Facebook implements. The idea is certainly good, but what it can offer us. Normal speculation or maybe a truly unique ecosystem? There are many questions. Need to wait for the announcement.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:49:19 PM

For some reason i see this as a good news however if facebook coins will not be popular as the other coins there will be a huge blocking of cryptocurrencies advertisement on my opinion. so what we need to do is if they launched this we need to support it some how.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

There is not any genuine recourse about this if it is I would be more than happy if this news is real but I dint find any news even in Facebook team section they clarified about this .

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: