Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:03:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is better?  (Read 2577 times)
NikoF (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 8

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

Hey guys, do you think It is better to hold main crypto currencies like bitcoin it ether? Or you hold all your money in alt coins?

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Pumuckel21

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

hm i think its good to go the middle way in this kind of situiation so you hold ca. 50 % of your cryptos in bitcoin and the other part you split into differnt altcoins is pretty safe

▄█▄▀█████████████▀ ▐
     ▄███▄▀███████████▀ ▐ ▐
    ▄█████▄▀█████████▀ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▄████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
███████████            ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
 ███████████          ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
  ███████████        ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
   ▀████████ ███████  ▐ ▐ ▐ ▐
    ▀█████▀▄█████████▄ ▐ ▐ ▐
     ▀███▀▄███████████▄ ▐ ▐
      ▀█▀▄█████████████▄ ▐
GXBLOCKS                ▄▄█████▄▄
              ▄███████████▄
         ▄▄▄▄███████████████
       ▄█████████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄▄███████████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████▀▀▀    ▀▀████████████▄
▐█████████▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀██████████
▐████████  ▄██▀▀▀  ▀███▄  ████████▌
 ███████  ▄███▄  ▄▄  ███▄  ██████▀
  ▀▀████  █████      ████  ▐███▀
          █████  ███  ███
           ███      ▄███
            ▀▀███████▀▀
10 %  PRESALE
BONUS
▄████▄
██████
██████
██████
▀▀  ▀▀
▄████▄
▄▄  ████████  ▄▄
▄▄█████▌ ▀██████▀ ▐█████▄▄
█████████▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄█████████
▀█████▀▀   ██▄▄██   ▀▀█████▀
██████
▐██████▌
████████
Powered by
Renewable Energy
Sources
▄▄▄

▀▀▀
Whitepaper  ⬣ Twitter
Medium  ⬣ Facebook  ⬣ Reddit
LinkedIn  ⬣ Telegram
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:13:01 PM

I want to believe that choice depends on you as most people will definitely have what works best for them. Altcoin though is a highly volatile market, and unless you are holding some pretty strong coins with support, I simply prefer trading altcoins instead. However, you can split your investment. Hold more percentage in bitcoin, few other percentage in ether, and split the rest on altcoins you feel you can rely on their future potential.
gharjas2517

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:15:44 PM

I invested all my money in altcoin in January of this year, and everyone saw it. It was a really bad experience. Now I've changed all the coins to the bitcoin.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:20:22 PM

Hey guys, do you think It is better to hold main crypto currencies like bitcoin it ether? Or you hold all your money in alt coins?

Do you have any doubt? Spit off it. Holding a currency like Bitcoin and Ethereum is far, far better than any other altcoins (shitcoins). Compared to these two coins, all other coins are shitcoin. Keep them aside if you wanna discuss other coins.
shigeo_tokuda69

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

The better way is split it into 50% btc and 50% alt. Btcoin for a long term investmen and altcoin for day trading. You need money for you daily life, so you can get it from alt but on the other hand you need to saving money for your future, and you can hold bitcoin.
limtjoehua

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:25:20 PM

I personally do not store in one crypto only, but 60% of my assets are in btc and eth, the remaining 40% are in other popular alt. Asset diversity can anticipate if one of the assets that we hold does not reach the target profit.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:25:28 PM

You are talking about building a portfolio. There is plenty of information in the internet on this. You can also refer to this thread for a short intro:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3199381.msg33193425#msg33193425
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:25:49 PM

You better hold bitcoin or ethereum because of its stability in the market, and if you have an extra money to invest you can choose on some promising altcoins in the market that you believe that will give you good profit in the future. It is your own responsibility to search and give time to analyze the coin you are planning to invest because it is your money is at stake.
rapsonic1337

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:31:27 PM

It is better to hold the ethereum and the Bitcoin, with this coin you can assure your big profit out of holding this coins, in addition, this two coin have a great impact in the crypto world.
baghodler123

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:39:35 PM

I like to hodl 30-40% in BTC, 10-20% in ETH, to have some alts (both from top100 and complete microcaps that can become top100 on CMC later) and also some fiat to buy the dip.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:40:12 PM

first of all there is only 1 main crypto-currency and nothing else and that is bitcoin. everything else is an altcoin.

secondly where you keep your money depends on you and what your strategies are.

* one strategy is to make a long term investment and enjoy the profits of that. for instance you buy bitcoin and wait more than a year (3 years ago price was $200 and now it is $7500).

* another strategy is to be a trader. that means constantly being active and trading. which means you should not buy and hold anymore. you invest in altcoins that are on the move not the coins that are idle or are getting dumped. that way you increase your profit.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:44:49 PM

You can hold bitcoin and altcoins like ethereum as well. As long as you hold or invest in top coins like monero, XRP, Ethereum, and Stratis, you should be good when it comes to profit in the future. There is no such way in knowing what is the better thing to do since everything can change in cryptocurrency world.

siena23

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:46:34 PM

if i will divide 50% for 50% ethereum for other coins. I never invest 100% on one coin only. Maybe ethereum is resistant for the long term, because I believe ethereum has a good price going forward.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Nimbusrf

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:48:07 PM

I prefer long-term investments in bitcoin or Ethereum. because I'm sure they will rise in price.
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Cryptics

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:49:19 PM

Well ethereum is also an altcoin, and i think if you want higher return then ofcourse you should buy altcoin as they usually gives you big returns compared to your investment. If you want more stability though then you can buy a famous one like ethereum and other top 20 coin but if your aim is higher return then you should buy one with lower marketcap.

sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:58:00 PM

I don't think there is a best way. so I often hold them both  Grin Grin
50% for btc and ether to buy altcoins at dip. and other 50% to hold my coins. MY coins only ^^
which I believe would bring back to me decent amount of money

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

Never put all your eggs into the same basket, or into very few baskets. However "over diversifying" and buying into too many questionable quality lover market cap alts or tokens also not a good idea, as those used to drop more steeply on a bear market, so you can accumulate some really ugly losses. Probably BTC and 5-10 higher market cap established alts is the most balanced choice. Maybe it also worth to go for some coins/tokens what can generate some passive income. If you are the adventurous type you can gamble with 10-15% of your funds in high risk - high gain things.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:01:00 PM

I think holding bitcoins along with the altcoins is always good. I mean the mixture is always good here. Bitcoin is off course primary investment that one should always have. As far as altcoins are considered I know one thing sure that you have to be very selective about the altcoins. Not all the altcoins are futuristic investment and most of them do get dumped in the middle of project development. So you choose them wisely and be sure to add both bitcoins and altcoins. The alts are very much growing in number these days and thus you have to be perfect chooser nothing else.
lmodric

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:03:54 PM

it depends on individual speculation.
but I think it's better to divide it into some kind of investment and do not make an investment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: