Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:44:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36816 times)
jhax01

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:53:18 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 01:49:27 AM by jhax01

I have a chance to pick up a Z9 in about a week or so, but I'm not sure I want to spend the $$.  I recently built my own pool for solo mining.  Can somebody who owns a Z9 test my personal ZCL pool?  basementpool.org:8082 . the mining ports for ZCL are 3232 3233 and 3234.  Thanks in advance!

Edit*** Changed the pool to https, it's now https://zcl.basementpool.org
Ports are still the same (variable) with the highest initial difficulty on 3234.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loose_concetrate

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:08:34 AM

I hope that it is not off topic but I am wondering if anyone else is thinking to get an Antminer Z9 mini from the second batch. I know that it is risky and chances to ROI might be very low but it costs now $850-250 (coupon) = $600 and the chances of Zcash forking this year are low. I like the miner: low power usage, low noise, small. In the worst case scenario, I will have $600 paper weight (or I will lose the prepayment). What do you think? I cannot imagine running S11 or anything else requiring > 1200 W with the noise level > 76 dB at home (I will actually need another upgrade to my fuse panel and I am risking the wrath of my wife  Grin). What do you think? I was contemplating getting FPGAs from Senseless or Mineority but it is a lot of money and unknowns. In my mind, GPU mining is dead (I am mining practically only Ether now)

Here are my results from seven days mining BTG on MPH. Overclock is 750 and power draw is right around 400w at the wall. Temps have remained steady between 66 and 68. I am headed out of town and have yet to set up SSH with my Z9 so I am switching to Zen on mph in anticipation of the BTG fork on Sunday.

Also, I just realized that the Bitmain coupons for a batch 1 Z9 expire in just a few weeks. That is some BS if I've ever seen it. I'm on the fence about whether or not to pick up another one. I imagine that as soon as the $250 coupons expire the big Z9 will be released. I hate to lose out on the coupons though.

https://imgur.com/K2RIMoY

I'm in the same boat. What did you decide to do? I agree with everything you said.
1a1a11a

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:13:38 AM

Z9 makes a lot of noise compared to GPU (although better than S9), impossible to put at home unless you have a garage you can put it.

I hope that it is not off topic but I am wondering if anyone else is thinking to get an Antminer Z9 mini from the second batch. I know that it is risky and chances to ROI might be very low but it costs now $850-250 (coupon) = $600 and the chances of Zcash forking this year are low. I like the miner: low power usage, low noise, small. In the worst case scenario, I will have $600 paper weight (or I will lose the prepayment). What do you think? I cannot imagine running S11 or anything else requiring > 1200 W with the noise level > 76 dB at home (I will actually need another upgrade to my fuse panel and I am risking the wrath of my wife  Grin). What do you think? I was contemplating getting FPGAs from Senseless or Mineority but it is a lot of money and unknowns. In my mind, GPU mining is dead (I am mining practically only Ether now)

Here are my results from seven days mining BTG on MPH. Overclock is 750 and power draw is right around 400w at the wall. Temps have remained steady between 66 and 68. I am headed out of town and have yet to set up SSH with my Z9 so I am switching to Zen on mph in anticipation of the BTG fork on Sunday.

Also, I just realized that the Bitmain coupons for a batch 1 Z9 expire in just a few weeks. That is some BS if I've ever seen it. I'm on the fence about whether or not to pick up another one. I imagine that as soon as the $250 coupons expire the big Z9 will be released. I hate to lose out on the coupons though.

https://imgur.com/K2RIMoY

I'm in the same boat. What did you decide to do? I agree with everything you said.
mfurman

Activity: 173
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:07:20 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 03:48:50 PM by mfurman

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Here's where I'm not sure, do you all suggest auto-exchanging?  Pros/cons?  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

Worker is (MPH username).()
Password is whatever I want.

Sorry for the lengthy post, let me know if I left any critical info out.  

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

bad link

Are you sure? I get an image when I click it. Let's try different link

loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:13:32 AM

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Here's where I'm not sure, do you all suggest auto-exchanging?  Pros/cons?  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

Worker is (MPH username).()
Password is whatever I want.

Sorry for the lengthy post, let me know if I left any critical info out.  

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMcyPbta_6G-bXFLiic6a4UXZDqUVIwE2VKsU3-

bad link

Are you sure? I get an image when I click it.

Yeah, not working. Make sure you set it to public instead of private in the sharing options.
uabuner

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:16:42 AM

@mfurman
Are you sure? I get an image when I click it.
I also get bad link
Code:
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

yeah..this one from loose_concetrate
Yeah, not working. Make sure you set it to public instead of private in the sharing options.
mfurman

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:21:57 AM

This is not working?

loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:23:34 AM

This is not working?

https://imgur.com/a/Deg69Ed

That works. Nice exhaust. How is splitting it into two better than having a single 4 inch exhaust?
mfurman

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:26:02 AM

First of all, the metal fan protection is removed, secondly - it somehow works. I mean temperature drops by ~ 2 degrees and noise drops ~6 dB.
I actually bought it on ebay for another Antminer.
loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:37:45 AM

First of all, the metal fan protection is removed, secondly - it somehow works. I mean temperature drops by ~ 2 degrees and noise drops ~6 dB.

Nice man, that's sweet.

Check out this setup I did. I wouldn't say this is the best by any means though. All for testing and fun.

https://imgur.com/a/E2D3cVD

I got these from home depot and just cut one side off and took the flap off and they fit the holes for the miners perfectly: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Inline-Vent-Draft-Blocker-BD04HD/205046954
uabuner

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:46:37 AM

I dont really understand thermodynamics and all but is true that your ambiance temp is below 20c ?, this kind of extension modification not working for tropical climate (ambient above 25c), it only make it hotter (by 2-3 or more in celcius, on s9)
As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

Anyone tried to put additional exhaust fan on z9 mini ?
loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:02:12 AM

I dont really understand thermodynamics and all but is true that your ambiance temp is below 20c ?, this kind of extension modification not working for tropical climate (ambient above 25c), it only make it hotter (by 2-3 or more in celcius, on s9)
As for the noice reduction,  isn it because of projected sound ? The longer the cone will make lower noise but if you measure it on the projection area (in front of the cone) its the same db produced

I put one on from an A3...screw holes don't line up. Had to jerry rig it. But works great.
htautosjay

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:51:55 AM

Anything that redirects or alters airflow will warm it up slowly over a period of time. ambient temperatures and airflow is a strange beast.   even the silver grill on the rear that area added up is blocking that intake..i have thought of removing that silver grill and getting more clean air in.. just my thoughts if it helps..
mfurman

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:04:02 AM

Nice man, that's sweet.

Check out this setup I did. I wouldn't say this is the best by any means though. All for testing and fun.

I got these from home depot and just cut one side off and took the flap off and they fit the holes for the miners perfectly: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-4-in-Inline-Vent-Draft-Blocker-BD04HD/205046954

WOW. Great idea! I have the same portable AC (in addition to Central Air in my mining room and I will implement some parts of your design! Thank you.
mfurman

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:06:34 AM

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

Joykiller

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:21:40 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 11:33:13 AM by Joykiller

I wouldn't attach AC directly to the rigs like that. You'll get some bad rust.

https://youtu.be/GjU--8AUfD4?t=861
loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:28:07 PM

I wouldn't attach AC directly to the rigs like that. You'll get some bad rust.

https://youtu.be/GjU--8AUfD4?t=861

Dude, that is some long term rust right there. That doesn't just happen. You have to have plenty of condensation for that.

My AC unit isn't hooked directly to the miners. It is simply just going into the fridge to try to sustain a consistent temp and prevent noise. The fridge isn't even running, I cut a freon line bc I was getting too impatient cutting the exhaust holes.

Aluminum/metal increases risk of condensation which is why I have eliminated all metal and only use PVC. I tested with aluminum dryer exhaust and that would condensate really bad.

I am running a dehumidifier that is collecting the condensation as much as possible.

I have 3 different Antminers in there and they are all running at 70 temps for over 6 months now. I have 3 fans in the fridge as well to help circulate the air which warms up the cool air slightly before entering the miner(hopefully).

All exhausted with PVC parts straight to the attic. I'm not seeing any condensation inside the fridge yet. Only on the outside of the fridge on the outside of the black PVC pipes going from the unit to the fridge. Because the temps are 100F+ here right now in the summer. No condensation on the inside of the pipes either.

It's working for now, will have to see long term what happens.

I think having a working fridge would increase condensation too but not sure of the outcome of this method vs just having a running fridge yet.

loose_concetrate

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:36:15 PM

Nice man, that's sweet.

WOW. Great idea! I have the same portable AC (in addition to Central Air in my mining room and I will implement some parts of your design! Thank you.

Awesome man, glad to have showed something that can help. I do suggest a dehumidifier for the room. And no metal intake or exhaust. I tried those aluminum dryer exhausts and they would condensate. Haven't seen any with PVC yet. I'm not using anything for intake, they are just open with 3 additional fans in the fridge. Only PVC for the exhaust. You're welcome!
TheronB

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:35:12 PM

It works for me. The temperature is not going up. Today, we have 34C outside (28-29C in the room where this Z9 is located  (together with 20 GPUs)

Can you post a picture?  I'm in a similar environment.
wh1ffer

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:43:08 PM

stratum+tcp://us.cmmmine.com:3032
wallet.miner
x

Is this correct set up to mine commercium with z9? thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: