Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:07:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates  (Read 36813 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:42:14 PM

good suggestion, I am going to try this. Thank you!

Mine is dead today, cannot find hashboard any more, I have rebooted and reset, still not working any suggestions? My last temperature check is 75 degree on chip, shouldn't get significantly higher than it.

What method did you use for reset?  I have found on BTC antminers that sometimes the gui reset did not do a real reset whereas using the button and rebooting it did.

I am guessing this info applies for Z9: https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tradinghero79

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:43:59 PM

I think after the update Snowgem is not working anymore. Can anyone confirm they are successfully mining it as of today?
I tried XSG on Zhash.pro, and although the miner shows accepted shares, i have no update on the pool. Mining since ~15 minutes.
Krogfan

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:47:49 PM

I cannot see the temperature now because the it does not show any hashboard.

The control is fine, I can still connect to it, but I can't see the hash related information again and the fan is running at maximal. I did the reset with gui. I am not with the machine, so I will have a hard-reset when I am back tonight.

Ouch.  What freq did you overclock it to and for how long? Auto fan?

656Mhz, I moved it to a new place because it is too noisy to put at home, it has been running for less than 12 hours since move. Fixed fan rate until this noon, I see the temperature increased to 79 then I switched to auto fan.
That is a shame... is it a board hash down or control board?.. if board.. it could just be seeking freq...or power can cause them to loose a board... keep doing cold reboots (thats pull the power out the PSU and restart it.. I have alot of S9's and i learnt the hard way.. self taught...
Ps are all 3 boards down? or just 1?

What are the current chip temps? I was playing with how quiet I could make mine by backing off the fan speed. I noticed when I hit 74, it stopped mining (according to Miner Status page - Summary). I increased the fan speed to lower the temps and it started mining just fine.

My point is that if your chip temps are still in the 70's with the fan at auto, you need to back down the OC to bring them down  so that it will start mining again.

I had the same issue, took down the OC to default and all restore stuff and nothing heloed. Then I changed pool and it all came back.....
kosta85

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 08:49:53 PM

I think after the update Snowgem is not working anymore. Can anyone confirm they are successfully mining it as of today?
I tried XSG on Zhash.pro, and although the miner shows accepted shares, i have no update on the pool. Mining since ~15 minutes.
Hello, Snowgem (XSG) is not availible for ASICs anymore, Yesterday the fork was happend in XSG network and the algo was changed to 144_5 (zhash).
For current moment only Zencash and Bitcoin Private works with ASICs on our pool. HUSH will be removed from pool and new coins will be availible
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

whats an S11?

The encoded name for an unexploded miner  Grin
htautosjay

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:59:16 PM

whats an S11?

The encoded name for an unexploded miner  Grin
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  yes
steelminer

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:15:57 PM

I hope that it is not off topic but I am wondering if anyone else is thinking to get an Antminer Z9 mini from the second batch. I know that it is risky and chances to ROI might be very low but it costs now $850-250 (coupon) = $600 and the chances of Zcash forking this year are low. I like the miner: low power usage, low noise, small. In the worst case scenario, I will have $600 paper weight (or I will lose the prepayment). What do you think? I cannot imagine running S11 or anything else requiring > 1200 W with the noise level > 76 dB at home (I will actually need another upgrade to my fuse panel and I am risking the wrath of my wife  Grin). What do you think? I was contemplating getting FPGAs from Senseless or Mineority but it is a lot of money and unknowns. In my mind, GPU mining is dead (I am mining practically only Ether now)

FWIW ZEC foundation voted yesterday not to pursue asic resistance so ZEC will be asic minable for the near future.  With all the asics pointed at it who knows if it will be worth the cost of electricity to mine it
1a1a11a

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

great, after reset, it is working now. Thank you!

good suggestion, I am going to try this. Thank you!

Mine is dead today, cannot find hashboard any more, I have rebooted and reset, still not working any suggestions? My last temperature check is 75 degree on chip, shouldn't get significantly higher than it.

What method did you use for reset?  I have found on BTC antminers that sometimes the gui reset did not do a real reset whereas using the button and rebooting it did.

I am guessing this info applies for Z9: https://enforum.bitmain.com/bbs/topics/3957
steelminer

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:38:04 PM

What kind of results are you getting on different pools/algo's with your z9?

I tried BTCP on viciousminer pool and only earned about $17 equiv/day dispite projected earning of $25-30, then tried miningpoolhub mining zcl and was earning about $1/hr there and am now on miningpoolhub equihash switching and too early to tell earnings.
kosta85

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 10:50:35 PM

I tried BTCP on viciousminer pool and only earned about $17 equiv/day dispite projected earning of $25-30, then tried miningpoolhub mining zcl and was earning about $1/hr there and am now on miningpoolhub equihash switching and too early to tell earnings.
Try ZenCash on https://zen.zhash.pro/

Form Z9 today 1.9 ZEN (~31$)
AVG earnings 1.6-2  Zen per day

steelminer

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:06:06 PM

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/25593918-e476-4010-9158-e71a73e07ee6.png

Thanks I'll try this one tonight when I get home.  If anyone else is getting good results with a different pool  and/or algo let us know.
mfurman

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:16:00 PM

I hope that it is not off topic but I am wondering if anyone else is thinking to get an Antminer Z9 mini from the second batch. I know that it is risky and chances to ROI might be very low but it costs now $850-250 (coupon) = $600 and the chances of Zcash forking this year are low. I like the miner: low power usage, low noise, small. In the worst case scenario, I will have $600 paper weight (or I will lose the prepayment). What do you think? I cannot imagine running S11 or anything else requiring > 1200 W with the noise level > 76 dB at home (I will actually need another upgrade to my fuse panel and I am risking the wrath of my wife  Grin). What do you think? I was contemplating getting FPGAs from Senseless or Mineority but it is a lot of money and unknowns. In my mind, GPU mining is dead (I am mining practically only Ether now)

FWIW ZEC foundation voted yesterday not to pursue asic resistance so ZEC will be asic minable for the near future.  With all the asics pointed at it who knows if it will be worth the cost of electricity to mine it

I do understand but I do not see a better alternative for home mining. SHA256 miners are too much of power hungry beasts with low (and dropping) profitability. Ether mining may be not profitable at all soon, FPGAs look good now but it will change soon (and they are expensive now), GPU mining is becoming hectic and not really profitable. ASIC miners make sense but I doubt that I could get anything low power that is profitable, to buy by July 15 (coupons expire). What do you do, these days about mining challenges?
1a1a11a

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:01:34 AM

Once I increase the frequency, it stopped again and on the main page it now says "Hardware Version: Socket connect failed: Connection refused"

I cannot see the temperature now because the it does not show any hashboard.

The control is fine, I can still connect to it, but I can't see the hash related information again and the fan is running at maximal. I did the reset with gui. I am not with the machine, so I will have a hard-reset when I am back tonight.

Ouch.  What freq did you overclock it to and for how long? Auto fan?

656Mhz, I moved it to a new place because it is too noisy to put at home, it has been running for less than 12 hours since move. Fixed fan rate until this noon, I see the temperature increased to 79 then I switched to auto fan.
That is a shame... is it a board hash down or control board?.. if board.. it could just be seeking freq...or power can cause them to loose a board... keep doing cold reboots (thats pull the power out the PSU and restart it.. I have alot of S9's and i learnt the hard way.. self taught...
Ps are all 3 boards down? or just 1?

What are the current chip temps? I was playing with how quiet I could make mine by backing off the fan speed. I noticed when I hit 74, it stopped mining (according to Miner Status page - Summary). I increased the fan speed to lower the temps and it started mining just fine.

My point is that if your chip temps are still in the 70's with the fan at auto, you need to back down the OC to bring them down  so that it will start mining again.

I had the same issue, took down the OC to default and all restore stuff and nothing heloed. Then I changed pool and it all came back.....
Molecule06

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:03:17 AM

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Here's where I'm not sure, do you all suggest auto-exchanging?  Pros/cons?  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

Worker is (MPH username).()
Password is whatever I want.

Sorry for the lengthy post, let me know if I left any critical info out.  

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,
blf0005

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:07:09 AM

Here are my results from seven days mining BTG on MPH. Overclock is 750 and power draw is right around 400w at the wall. Temps have remained steady between 66 and 68. I am headed out of town and have yet to set up SSH with my Z9 so I am switching to Zen on mph in anticipation of the BTG fork on Sunday.

Also, I just realized that the Bitmain coupons for a batch 1 Z9 expire in just a few weeks. That is some BS if I've ever seen it. I'm on the fence about whether or not to pick up another one. I imagine that as soon as the $250 coupons expire the big Z9 will be released. I hate to lose out on the coupons though.

https://imgur.com/K2RIMoY
jimsta

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:17:31 AM

Wow that's really good man, Whattomine is only projecting 1.5zen at 15k sols, you are getting 20% more which is great.
steelminer

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:43:43 AM

Last 24hrs of mining zcl and the equihash switching netted $23.82 worth of btc atm

I think zen had low difficult the last day was because of the fork.

Here''s something positive about our z9 purchase -- on may 5th btc was $9800 now its $6250 that like getting 33% off in todays btc value
mfurman

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:15:45 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 03:13:10 AM by mfurman

Hey everyone, I'm just getting my Z9s up and running and have been playing around with different pools.  So far I've tried Antpool (obviously), Nicehash, Flypool, and this morning I'm giving Mining Pool Hub a try.  I don't mind Antpool but was way more familiar with Flypool from GPU mining and the setup was really easy.  I don't know what the consensus is about Nicehash but I had the worst experience with stale shares over a 24hr period.  I'll try and post a screen shot below.  NH is great to maximize profit (in theory) with the auto switching so after learning about MPH from you all I gave it a shot this morning.  

I'd like to make sure I'm setting up my Z9s properly though so here's what I've done so far:  Signed up with MPH, read the FAQs and poked around the website, looked at the Equihash coins they support and saved wallet data for Bitcoin Gold, Zcash, ZenCash, Zclassic, and Bitcoin Cash (should I bother?).  I didn't see support for Komodo, Hush, or this newer one Commercium.  

Now for the Z9 setup I have the URL to "us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023" because the 17023 is the coin-switching port for Equihash (I think I have that right).

I have been mining on Flypool (I have 0 rejected shares). I do not think, NiceHash works. I have Antpool as backup. I am at this point only mining ZEC. Very modest OC of 675MHz (14.8 kSols) with board temperatures 64C, fan 70%. I put a "muffler" on my Z9 because my wife (mining at home in a dedicated room with GPU based systems) is sensitive to the noise :-)

can you take a photo and post it here for that muffler setup, I am building something to lower the sound also, was look for good ideas, It will be nice to see it,
Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

steelminer

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:29:27 AM

Thanks,

Here is what I am putting on the intake fan:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMcyPbta_6G-bXFLiic6a4UXZDqUVIwE2VKsU3-

bad link
webrats

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 01:38:57 AM

https://whattomine.com/coins/255-cmm-equihash  still most profitable

http://cmmmine.com/  Supports z9 and cmm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: