Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:03:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
Durugista

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:48:09 PM

People who cant afford a hardware wallet, the best thing they can do is to store there private keys on a piece of paper. Just take a print out on a paper of your paper wallet and dont store it anywhere online.

Not even on  a notepad file on your computer.

Now, other suggestions I can give is that if you are technically sound, move from windows to linux or mac, it reduces your chances of getting infected with a malware by a big margin.

Eventually, when you can go and buy a hardware wallet, its worth every penny.

Thanks for your opinion,I will technically apply it to myself since Im new here in crypto, protecting my wallet is the best thing to do to avoid the loss of funds and giving my device a secure passageway towards crypto. I made some wallets like myetherwallet and i saved my private key for security purposes.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:11:54 PM

It is very important to protect your wallet from hackers.You have to take care of some basic things if you don't want someone to hack your wallet.Never ever login into fishing sites.By fishing sites I mean that sites which are similar to the original one but are made only to get your details so that they can hack your wallets.Never ever share the private key to your wallet with someone else.Many people while participating in bounties add their private key instead of their wallet address by mistake.So never commit such mistakes because by doing this you are giving a direct chance to someone to get into your wallet.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:23:23 PM

Hey all got a question.  If you click on links like that are scammers, does automatically clicking on that link mean your wallets get hacked?  Or its only when you log in later and then it gets hacked because of keylogger?  I saw mcafee wrote a post or someone did where he posted on twitter a link for airdrop or something... that link was virus and then it was said if you clicked on that link, your wallet got emptied.  Some ppl said that happened.  So is this true or not?

The other thing is this.  Im sure lot of people here use something like keepass or lastpass to store their account and information right whether its email or banking or sites or maybe even your wallet phrases?  Now if a hacker hacks your computer, does that mean your keepass is automatically compromised because a hacker could see what is your password to log into your account?  But wouldn't they need access to your actual keepass file though?  Because if a hackers sees your email and password, well they can log into it sometimes but other times not because it would show different device or location etc right?
Lucifers

Activity: 107
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:30:14 PM

The good advice I think is never to give anyone privacy key or that year to your relatives. Because it is a trigger for hackers to pop up.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:30:32 PM

Well, I don't know if there is a way that can perfectly protect your waller. First thing to do is choosing key/password strong enought. That sounds pretty silly, but there still have lots of people with very simple passwords to hack.
Then, don't share your details with anyone.
These are the bases to protect your wallet

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
anxioushoarder

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:40:58 PM

Many people consider that the best security against hackers consists of know-how and learning. You need to learn the nuts and bolts critical for coins.
moriadwarf

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:43:18 PM

The majority users believe that the best safeguard against robbers is by means of in knowledge and practice. Just make sure you learn.
James ssi~

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:47:17 PM

Protecting my wallet from hackers by simple put my private keys in the safe place. And even my private keys are in my laptop I always compressed on winrar with password so hackers not easily hack it.
Keeping our private keys in laptop or desktop is not safe mate, if your system is safe with antivirus then it’s ok but still it’s not 100% safe. Write your keys in paper or take print out or store it in external hardware. To save your system from hackers you should install internet security.

I agree with you hackers nowadays are great when it comes to compromising some systems, your funds will be safe if you download some wallets that have security systems, and other safe procedures. or just simply right it on your notes for safe keeping.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:50:07 PM

Well if someone lands in crypto space, he should buy one hardware wallet it is not very costly. If he is holding coins in a very large amount then investing 80-90 Euros in hardware wallet shouldn't be a big deal. Or still, don't want to purchase then it is better to dedicate one offline PC fully purpose of crypto wallets & just go online when want to do any transaction, no other web surfing because mistakenly clicking on random links may lead to phishing websites, malware clipboard or auto installation of viruses in PC.
RajaCripto

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:56:29 PM

yes I agree with you, not to make one between the address and private key, because as a bounty hunter when filling the registration form sometimes we make a small mistake copy and paste the private key, but it is the biggest mistake
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:56:51 PM

The biggest danger for our wallet is ourselves. Hacking a wallet is almost impossible, if we are careful - we store keys offline, do not click extraneous links, do not go into the wallet from the search
The safety of our wallet was depend on us. They cant hack our wallet if we will be careful to our private keys. Do not give or put it anywhere. Yes, some links are virus so you better to be careful. Havkers will do anything just to get some wallet but they cant do that if you wont going to give them your private keys.

TCTDev

Activity: 574
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:00:02 PM

I think in order to protect yourself from hacker attacks, you must keep your capital in different purses. Do not store large amounts in one purse.
Nginende

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:10:24 PM

Do not make your wallet suspicious, store a lot of currency on one purse, do not transfer to your own other wallets, thereby tracking your paths. Can withdraw and store money in dollars and then again buy tokens \ currency...
kak uli

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Here's some ways to secure your wallet from hackers, don't leave the privatekey on the market that you visit. don't do anything that could harm you online, avoiding wifi that many visitors

thanhtuyenk38

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:43:53 PM

While doing cryptocurrency, and it's a little more than a year, I use MEW and can not say anything negative about it. It seems not hacked and there were no problems .
suckmyBitcoin

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:13:04 PM

A large number hodlers consider that the only defense to face hackers is by means of in awareness and observation. We must understand more the procedures critical for currencies.
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:19:33 PM

The best way that you can protect your wallet from hackers is to make sure that you store your coins in a wallet which allows you to hold the private keys yourself, then you can store this private key and all other sensitive information in a place where hackers cannot get to them online because without your private key, they can't get your coins
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:43:58 PM

If you use MEW, the best option for you will be to use the local version, because it's much safer, you can be hacked through fake DNS as it was before, so be careful, every day someone loses their money.
RaymondCrypto

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:49:17 PM

If your are using MEW or Metamask, you need to add MetaCert too.
blockchain-man

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

Hackers have more sophisticated tactics. To protect my password I used many ways. But I am most assuredly kept in the hardware wallet. But I copied it in case of a bad case. Now I can totally feel secure about my account!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: