Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:57:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:18:14 AM

It seems to me that you should not worry so much and the password from the wallet can be stored where it is convenient for you, unless you just store the crypto currency, and do not work with it constantly
Giratina

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:52:42 PM

I think to protect your wallet from hackers you should not trust anybody in terms of money or investments because of a lots of scammers that spread out in this kind of business and industry.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:57:47 PM

Hackers are. The biggest threat to everyone involved in the cryptocurrency market currently, as all they do is. To plot how they will steal your valuable money.the only way these days is to invest in hardware wallets as web based wallets are. Just way too vulnerable and easy to hack.  It. Might cost you some few dollars but the hardware wallets are worth the cost

Comfort1

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:04:28 PM

It will not be easy after working for a number of years and someone will use some seconds to clear your account. It is high time we protected our wallet from there one.Never fill any form with your wallet password.
kenjionline

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:10:47 PM

Also, if you can not buy a hardware purse, you can buy a laptop, put Linux on it, create a MEW wallet, add a site to your favorites, and disconnect the laptop from the Internet.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 07:12:37 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
I don't have hardware wallet and I'm going to buy FuzeW this month. All of my tokens are in MEW wallet and accessing my wallet. I don't use private key instead I'm using the JSON file which is much safer than copy paste of private key. Which is prone to hacking and what I like using the JSON file is it needed your password. And which is not the case for accessing it using the private key. Always bookmarks the legit sites and install ESET mobile security if you are using your mobile phone.
Nikitavoz

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:53:38 PM

I think that it's best to use hardware wallets or a metamask as a minimum.It is a good and secure way to hold all your money.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2018, 09:57:24 PM

I agree every one should first educate himself first on how to protect his funds by using the right method on how to use his wallet properly, be sure that you are landing on the right online wallet, and it's preferable to get a hardware wallet.

kgrsameera

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 09:57:46 PM

Agreed, Most of the people are got hacked by pishing. so it's better to double check links before accessing and not to trust messages or addresses or URLs sent via private messages. and using Hardware wallet is the safest way.
maxi32

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:02:23 PM

Users should always have at least two digital wallets (or even more, depends on amount of crypto funds). One wallet should be used for trading and transactional purposes, and the other wallet should be used to store savings and be kept in a secure location. This type of wallet must be a cold storage wallet. In anyway, a backup of the private keys have to be stored safely offline (it’s a good idea to separate the private key into 2-3 parts and store them safely away from each other).
Nginende

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Wallets every year more and more difficult to protect, so try to use a method of two factor authentication, so that your wallet was not hacked.
Mark X

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:19:41 AM

The way I keep Wallet to Stay Safe is:
1. Never give private key wallet to anyone.
Private key is a very vital thing of your wallet, like a private human body like the heart wallet.
2. Use a strong password
Tips for securing your next wallet account is to use a strong password, use a combination of lowercase and large letters, numbers and symbols. Never use date of birth, city name or the like because it will be easy to guess.
3. Enable Two Factor Authentification (2FA)
In general, web-based wallet features two factor authentification (2fa) which can be found in the account settings menu because the web-based wallet can be accessed from anywhere, this feature serves to identify the validity of access to the account at the same time can serve as a notification to the account owner, 2fa can in the form of SMS, Google authentification, or Authy authentification. Maybe this way a little inconvenient but in this way my account more secure.
4. Research before visiting a link
The case of Bitcoin theft may subsequently be derived from a link you have previously visited that has a side of a phishing script to infect your computer with a script recording the activity you perform on a computer. This phishing link is usually sent by the perpetrators to emails in general links that can not be trusted or contain the risk of going into the spam folder but not all the emails in the spam folder is dangerous, meaning it takes precision in viewing the URL / link in the email.
5. Don't save Bitcoin on the Exchange site
Never store large amounts of Bitcoins on the Exchange website for long periods of time, since the wallet provided by the Exchange site is basically their wallet address especially if the wallet has a generate feature (make a new wallet) then your Bitcoin will be lost.
Jenesis

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:59:33 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

many people use wallet exchange, and the security can use google auth and sms ,, and my suggestion also to anticipate hacker enter, you do not ever use wifi carelessly and do not origin click haphazard link, because hacker quickly enter in our account through both factor .
numbertech

Activity: 428
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:03:10 AM

The best way to protect yourself from hackers is, first, keep your funds off of exchanges after you have acquired your coins. Exchanges get hacked all the time and you also don't hold the private keys, so you are really at a security disadvantage.
Second, buy a hardware wallet like ledger, trezor, or keep key. These are the most secure and convenient ways to hold your coins.  Cool
elenka n

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:03:55 AM

Personally, I use a portable medium that I connect offline, so far it helps!
rosmerius

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:28:46 AM

Protecting the wallet from the attacks of hackers must start from the simple habits we usually do. Like, silent on others about private keys. Neatly store your wallet data in a place that you think is difficult for others to know. Always secure your storage device when you want to travel. And always clear the history of your internet network, to avoid the reach of malware.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  A New Crypto-Payment Platform  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ █   [  Telegram  ]   [   Medium   ]   [   ICO Page   ]   [  Facebook  ]   [ Instagram ]   █ █
Akkuratno

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

The best option is a cold wallet . Just do not forget about the protection of your computer, put an antivirus, update windows, store data for access on a flash drive
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

Good suggestion,  but I have a friends were get hacked by somebody without knowing why, even he didn't show It In public and also to his friends. But still been hacked, so therefore Its randomly to be hacked If you're just using an ordinary wallet, Its better to have a hard wallet likecTrezor, to avoid those hackers surround us.
Revolvere

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:41:07 AM

The only proof of a safe wallet is a conventional wallet because it does not have a private key, and only the owner of the wallet has access.
No one can login to the wallet from anywhere, and nothing can be transferred from the wallet without the owner's consent.
So that's safer than all.
apilpirman.bisnis

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:49:32 AM

You cna protect your wallet excatly your myetherwallet with making bookmark with myetherwallet website, this way you can run away from hecker to access your wallet. By making bookmark you are always using right websire and your token balance on myetherwallet are safe and secure.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: