Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:29:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31411 times)
Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:27:29 PM

The best way you can do to prevent it from hackers is to have your Bitcoin wallet is to check it's legitimacy. Always update your software if you are using pc or laptops. Never post nor share your private keys with anyone.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

I shared the tokens that I've to several different wallets, because in this way the tokens I have are very safe and I also suggest that you don't open emails that are not clear because some hackers send phishing links via email
- Splitting the token into several different wallets is also a sensible thing but before you do that, you should ensure that your computer and your information are completely secure, absolutely can not appear in another computer, then restrict the login to the website is unclear, black web. Many people are very subjective and not careful in that, and they have lost a lot of money, a costly lesson, remember that everything should connect and through the phone to confirm, this is very safe, I am doing and every danger is almost very low

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:50:41 PM

in protecting your wallet from hackers, i think app wallet is preferable to web. with app, when you activate 2fa, both email and the wallet, it becomes difficult for hackers to hack. even if they gain access to your email,your 2FA protects your wallet. but if you are using web, you might mistakenly click a phishing link that exposed your accounts to hackers.
Using web wallet if you enable 2fa will grant you the same security as using desktop wallet aswell, but I heard that 2fa is actually just not enough since theres some cases out there that mention the use of 2fa can still be vulnerable against hackers.
Hardware wallet is I think have more security if you want the real security over your wallet but if you want a perfect security just make an offline wallet.

As far as I know, 2fa can be compromised if you use compromised internet, such as a public Wi-Fi or an unprotected network. Then hackers can access your key.
akbaral497

Activity: 244
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:59:25 PM

good advice to avoid hacking, there are more additions never open a wallet address with private key is very risky to be hacked because when we enter data that is not closed it will be easy to save, and also do not make transactions too often is very dangerous
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:12:41 PM

Protecting wallets from hackers might give users a hard time. They will have sleepless nights thinking of ways to protect or even think of ways to transfer it into more secure wallets. Protecting your own wallets might not be the problem of the user but it is the problem of the developers of those wallet's because if one wallet can be breached, then they can hack a lot more wallets and not just one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HaddenChapman

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
If you use these wallets I believe  it's will be helpful you for the long term and give you a reliable.

TREZRO
MEW

It is a very popular wallets and  it's having a high security to save the coins/tokens for the long term.
Browncephas

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:54:36 PM

You can protect your wallet by keeping you private keys Offline, If you have wallets on your computer, always store your private keys offline either on an external hard drive or as a hard copy, stored somewhere in your house. If someone gains access via malware or public Wi-Fi, this allows you to limit what they can find or take, which buys you time to realize that your device is comprised before anything important is stolen.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:59:37 PM

The best method is to never share your key with anyone. No matter how close the person is.
I usually keep two laptops. One laptop which I never take online and the other laptop which I take online often.
Most of my private keys are kept in the laptop which I never take online so that helps me prevent any kind of scammer attack.
I suggest you do that as well.
boller

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

In my opinion is that we must be careful in saving our private key or keystore of a wallet. Additionally, never let the wallet in open mode after opening and accessing your wallet. Try to make save of your wallet. If you have more money, it is better to use the hardware wallet. But, it is rather expensive.
mboot

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:24:17 PM

You should keep your private key secure. For example, Myetherwallet offers to print private key during the registration. You can try to keep your key on paper.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:06:02 AM

There are so many ways on accessing our private wallets and transfer funds to other wallet if we wish to be could. I am using MEW and private key is the way to access it. In order to protect it, I don't give my private key to other people except on my friend/s that I trusted so much. Never signed in our wallets on some exchanges sites if we don't know whether if it is secured or not.
M7MMike

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:15:19 PM

there is an offline wallet called as Ledger wallet that you can use.
PilosopongTacio

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

Well, that's an incredible way of protecting your wallets from hackers though i personally kept my wallet's info or private keys through a piece of paper and stored it from a place where i am the only one who knows its location. Phishing sites and malwares are 2 of the reasons how hackers can enter and access your files from your own computers so its best to be extra vigilant whenever your'e browsing.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
phanquynhchi3

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:35:05 AM

I think that you should have a computer, even a bad one, just dedicated to holding and wallets, keep it safe and format it from time to time.
Tanmoy98

Activity: 325
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:53:36 PM

I think you have to aware of your privet key and password to protect your wallet from hackers.You can save it at a safe place in order to no one can't use this.You can also use hardware wallet and also enable 2fa syestem in some acccount.
likketil

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:37:50 PM

Quite a few users assume that the definitive firewall against stealers can be found familiarity and experience. We need to understand the means underliying tokens.
Sunstar248

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

The best way to prevent this problem is to be cautious at every time.
Blackhawk458

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:00:27 AM

Hardware wallet can be good option. Its very safe in my point of view.
BooMoon

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:01:21 AM

I will refrigerate my private key, I will never worry that my wallet will be hacked because there is not much money in my wallet, I believe hackers will not come to my wallet, and I think my wallet is Very safe.
NorthField25

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:01:56 AM

Use a protected network, have clean pc you will be safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: