Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:01:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31412 times)
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:22:35 PM

The main rule is to keep your passwords on a separate USB and open your wallets with a SEPARATE browser and preferably on a separate laptop, which isn't connected with Internet, it should be LINUX or Mac os x cause Windows easily gets malware.

yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:34:55 PM

Buying a Ledger is a good idea but if you want to saved some money i really think that using metamask as an alternative is quietly good. because as of now I never heard someone has hacked metamask. After I get something on my bounty Job I will gonna buy a Ledger right away but for now metamask is ok.
ojosamsom

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:43:47 PM

There are lots of ways or things to do to prevent your wallet from hackers. Though people have try different method without. But  I think that the most secure way of keeping your coin is by avoiding the use of private keys often to access their wallet.
Bhargurn

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:10:10 AM

The way I protect my wallet is very simple. AML BitCoin (ABTC) uses a transaction system employs patented multi-factor authentication for every AML BitCoin transaction. This requires a credential for identification proof as well as a sender’s & NAC’s private key for signing a transaction. Find out more at: http://www.amlbitcoin
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:38:35 AM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

But when you want to transfer from cold wallet address to public wallet address, you will need to paste the private key right ? It is same thing then.
For peopels who cannot afford hard wallet, they may use ethereum wallet like metamask, a browser extension. No need private key to input.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ridzik111

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:53:43 AM

I can advise you. If you use free purses, then keep your investments in different purses. Do not trust your wallet key even to friends. Create a notebook and write down all your addresses from the purses that would not forget.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:58:30 AM

-snip
The answer is pretty simple.

BE RESPONSIBLE.
nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:49:47 PM

I suggest to make contact some security essential and DDOS protection sites they make your laptop clean and without attacks, There are a lot of licensed companies are available in this work and that keep your instruments without hackers attack so there is best option to choose anyone from this
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:01:03 PM

I suggest to make contact some security essential and DDOS protection sites they make your laptop clean and without attacks, There are a lot of licensed companies are available in this work and that keep your instruments without hackers attack so there is best option to choose anyone from this
Or he could just make sure that it would be tough enough so there won't be anyone that can easily get to it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stryker

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:12:37 PM

I keep my wallet on a separate computer !!! And I don't do anything else on it !!!
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

The most secure of course hardware wallets. Use metamask or desktop versions of online wallets. Store your passwords and private keys on multiple electronic media. Do not open suspicious links or emails.  Get a separate wallet for trading on decentralized exchanges.
abuhazzan

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:42:36 PM

the best thing you can to protect your wallet is to be wary of the websites that you visit. Most importantly, you should save your private anywhere only you  have access to

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:25:46 PM

The most secure of course hardware wallets. Use metamask or desktop versions of online wallets. Store your passwords and private keys on multiple electronic media. Do not open suspicious links or emails.  Get a separate wallet for trading on decentralized exchanges.
And the most important thing is that we must maintain important data related to passwords and private keys from the wallet we have. Don't carelessly click on websites, don't get caught up in phishing websites. Make a bookmark for websites that you often open, and use strong passwords with various character combinations.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
otoford66

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:42:37 PM

I use a lot of wallets. I save the basic amount on the hardware wallet. To enter the sanctuary, I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline deals
FernandaSorez

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:43:13 PM

I always follow the rules that cron your passwords and secret keys in a different place,I never turn on not familiar sites and do not believe those who offer mountains of gold,maybe I'm just not greedy!) And so of course, and I advise everyone to buy hardware wallets and not worry!
sherenikaw

Activity: 630

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:57:07 PM

I think that diversifying the wallets for some coins is also important. I myself use some different wallet to store my coins. It is to avoid that one wallet hacked, we can still have the others. Additionally, I also agree with you where we must diversify the wallets to be publicated in public and the wallet for storing as well.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:58:31 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 11:29:51 PM by yinoye

Security is very important in cryptos and should be taken very  important more than anything but people are only interested in profits. With food security measures, your profits are safe and your hard work won't be in vain.
blckchainr03

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:16:07 PM

The way I protect my wallet is very simple. AML BitCoin (ABTC) uses a transaction system employs patented multi-factor authentication for every AML BitCoin transaction. This requires a credential for identification proof as well as a sender’s & NAC’s private key for signing a transaction. Find out more at: http://www.amlbitcoin
domains4

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:49:02 PM

Truly, budget designers are actually defending such to be able to certainly not always be shattered by simply any individual, since they just don't desire his or her budget standing might be harmed since you'll find freakish, nevertheless precisely why there exists even now a new budget inside hack into, pretty much everything as a consequence of glitches individual budget dish that's certainly not watchful. Wherever possible that many of us generally employ greater tend not too wide open via yahoo and google etc, if at all possible throughout bookmarking we generally employ along with wide open the idea via generally there.
coin111s

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

I think you can use metamask. Or if you have money then you can buy ledger. I think the ledger wallet is very safe because it is our own control when we want to make transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: