Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
Lakshanl

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:52:48 PM

Wallet is a software itself. So this software can be attached to your device or to the website. If a hacker get access to your wallet or your device — he has an access to everything. Hacker have total control and can see all of your actions, then copy them and transfer any amount of coins he wants.

In a software engineering the biggest weakness is humans. That’s why so many hackers use social engineering to steal your coins.

Also one more common way to trick you is to fake someone’s identity. If an administrator of the support chat or the founder of ICO writes you in direct and ask for personal information — it’s a SCAM. You should never give anyone your personal data or your wallet ID, with this information it would be easier for hackers to rob you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:07:13 PM

if you like for trading in decentralized exchange, never put your private key directly, you can use alternate way, login using json file, and never visit untrusted site

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:27:48 PM

You are right to have a hardware wallet greatly simplifies life, and most importantly allows you to protect all your purchased coins from hacking and further theft. Unfortunately in the past I had a sad experience when they hacked my usual online wallet and stole from him more than$1800. Yes, for someone this amount may seem small, but alas, it is also money for me and not small. And by the time the money was stolen from my friend, but already over 8000$. After these situations, we immediately bought a cold hardware wallet. And Thank God the thefts stopped. So I advise everyone not to skimp and buy yourself the same! Believe me, it's worth it!!!
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:22:23 PM

Until now I still keep my coins in purse MEY and it's totally safe and that they additionally don't diminish in variety. I terribly rigorously keeping my pocketbook, and don't provides a wrong pocketbook once you register the ICO project. If you offer the incorrect non-public key, of course, is incredibly dangerous and you'll lose your coins.
cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:28:09 PM

Yes i agree with you on this, i have different accounts that i store my coins, and i would never compromise the saftey.

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
Tiger Junk

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:44:29 PM

Avoid phishing sites and everything that promises more profit, because it can be sure that something that promises better then it is a big lie, you can also use the ledger wallet, wallet offline that can be integrated with mew or metamask
I agree with the statement above, avoid those websites saying that you may earn more profit when you login your wallet here and there because it maybe a scam or hack. Many people hack nowadays so better to avoid those kinds of websites and do not give your private key to anyone that you did not know.
roglopolo

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:19:17 PM

all the data for my wallet is stored on my laptop. I use a laptop only to access my wallet
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:30:03 PM

if you like for trading in decentralized exchange, never put your private key directly, you can use alternate way, login using json file, and never visit untrusted site

This step can be done and there are many other ways you can do to avoid hackers who really want your Altcoin. All information seems like you can find it here.
cc80aa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:33:43 PM

I think  to protect your wallet from hackers you can use  safety pin and very strong password and do put big money on you wallet.

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:34:20 PM

Thanks for sharing some tips guys. PLanning to buy a NANO Ledger by the middle of next year. As of know I dont have any plans of buying any coins as the market is bearish and I believe Bitcoin might have a bull run by the middle of 2019.
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
Yes, not everyone is eligible to own a dedicated hardware wallet. Therefore, online wallet as MEW, METAMAsk is still the most popular choice of users to save (ERC 2.0 or ETH token)
For MEW, completely delete the private key and save the Keystore / JSON File to a safe place and duplicate it where you really feel comfortable. (Install Cryptonite addon) Keep your password in mind. In fact, so far, we do not have enough expertise to identify the methods hackers can attack. But most probably it comes from unsafe and private precautions
HectorAlden

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
These wallets are the very strong platforms and the safest place.

MEW
TREZOR
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:33:33 PM

These wallets are the very strong platforms and the safest place.

MEW
TREZOR
its better to use hardware wallets like trezor or nano ledger. you have the full access to everything, you dont need to log in anything, as long as you have connected it to your computer, its good to use.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:43:15 PM

As someone who uses online wallet service, I take adequate security measures. Especially when I create a password, I try to identify long, complex and difficult passwords so that the chance of finding my password is very low. This is a very difficult time to break the passwords created in this way, and certainly will take advantage of the time and in case of a possible warning will save us time. As security measures, I am sure to use the 2FA verification system, the mail confirmation system and the mobile approval system if possible. I don't want to go without guaranteeing that the risk of our wallet accounts being stolen will be minimal when we implement all these security measures at the highest level and correctly. The account password cannot be easily broken after an adequate security measure has been taken.
mdenys

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:43:29 PM

I am using Trezor cryptowallet and I am fully satisfied with it. I have got much confidence that no one can hack and steal my coins from there. I use only trusted VPN for connecting Internet and in most cases I open my wallet at my home,not somewhere outside for better security.
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:45:12 PM

i think ledger nano s or trezor are the best option right now waiting for sirin lab phone recently i saw the prototype in cnbc look awesome and give a good blockchain experience
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:48:01 PM

The only way I can think of on how to prevent hackers from stealing your accounts would be by keeping your private keys or passwords to yourself only. Dont you ever give it out especially to those websites that were suspicious because a lots of phishing sites out there waiting for you to make a mistake.
Super_Leyla

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:52:26 PM

I use several wallets. I created a good password. I keep the fixed assets on the hardware wallet. I never turn on suspicious links Cool
stas.dron

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:03:52 PM

I herad a lot about scumers here so I will listen other members what options they use to protect their money!
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

have you ever tried to use hard wallet on your computer? They say it can;t be hacked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: