Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2024, 03:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31415 times)
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

As someone who uses online wallet service, I take adequate security measures. Especially when I create a password, I try to identify long, complex and difficult passwords so that the chance of finding my password is very low. This is a very difficult time to break the passwords created in this way, and certainly will take advantage of the time and in case of a possible warning will save us time. As security measures, I am sure to use the 2FA verification system, the mail confirmation system and the mobile approval system if possible. I don't want to go without guaranteeing that the risk of our wallet accounts being stolen will be minimal when we implement all these security measures at the highest level and correctly. The account password cannot be easily broken after an adequate security measure has been taken.

Who is no afraid from hackers? come on, we are just a simple fragile people, hackers are superb.
I wanted to be one but never happened, as they are really talented on that.
I don't want to be known as hackers are focused to those people who are fame gainer! i just want to be simple and make this simple.
Why not to be afraid if those exchangers who have the best firewall and defender have been hacked?
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:52:52 PM

Basically, wallet creators are shielding to the extent for them to definitely not possibly be cracked by means of everyone, mainly because they can't wish the billfold name is usually destroyed mainly because you will discover sexy, although the reason there may be however some sort of billfold from the chop, more or less everything on account of blunders unique billfold loop who's going to be definitely not very careful. If you can, all of that most of us typically work with superior will not start by the search engines etcetera, rather with bookmarking that any of us typically work with in addition to start the item by at this time there.
victory.lil

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:55:14 PM

It is very difficult, but I think that you understand that no matter how hard you try to make everything that is dear to you, if the attackers want to do something with them, they still get to them. Therefore, I would just become more attentive.
shadow123

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:12:02 PM

You can use metamask when you do the transactions. Also, the best way is to buy a hardware wallet. it will give a guaranty to save your coins. If you don't know about those just find it on the internet.
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

For security, I try not to store data from wallets on a computer or laptop, I try to keep all information on a separate media!
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:28:38 AM

I think that the cost of a ledger nano s is very low... if you cannot afford that cost I think the best way is to note private key only on paper and write entirely manually even if it's not fast...
Komandor8957

Activity: 420

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 10:29:55 AM

When you should not keep all your coins in one wallet, even if it is a cold wallet like Ledger or Trezor. In my opinion, some coins can be stored on MEW simply by closing it with a private key.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cammie16

Activity: 462

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

When you should not keep all your coins in one wallet, even if it is a cold wallet like Ledger or Trezor. In my opinion, some coins can be stored on MEW simply by closing it with a private key.

Yes, but the best way to secure it is avoid visiting untrusted sites even if it looks like legit, and also avoid pasting our private keys. And always keeping safe of our devices.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

I don't think there is nothing impossible on earth any more, even the Home Land Security is not secure, so I think it is just by the grace of God that most wallets are not hacked, we can only take some security measures which can only help us against easy hacking but it is not entirely secured.
Kay94

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:48:47 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2018, 11:14:24 AM by Kay94

To protect your wallet from hackers, you need to buy your own ledger to keep your coins safe. You can also opt for MyEtherWallet which is used to store coins. Lastly, you must be careful of the sites you visit.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 11:14:18 AM

First of all you have to choose the most reliable wallet out there. There are many wallet out there but not all of them are safe. Never post or comment online your password or passcode because it might compromise your wallet. Becareful also visiting unreliable websites and registering your emali because it might lead to hacking.

ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:49:56 AM

wallet on the physical drive. ssd or other. secure device. caution clicking links on the forums. do not be led to proposals for the buildup of the purse

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:00:26 PM

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. There are very good yet affordable  hardware wallets to use if you want to uphold safety to the core. Another option is, you can have a diary where you write your mnemonic words or private key. Often copying private keys online is not too cool, you might be dealing with a third party keyboard which can steal your information or some spyware leading to privacy breach. Also avoid using emails or telegram as backup for private keys or mnemonic phrase, you might be hacked soon. Just my opinion.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

Making money is not easy so when you have earned money to put in your wallet very carefully. But savage criminals are trying to steal our wallets. It is therefore necessary to install a secure system to prevent hackers from compromising. Do not be afraid to spend the money to buy the best wallets.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 12:09:23 PM

the simplest and most often happens is theft or loss through a phishing site. therefore avoid phishing sites because they might be interested in the profits offered. even if you want to see the site, it's good that you don't enter your private key. at least that could reduce the incidence of hacking by 25%.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 01:07:26 PM

hacker usually spread phising site and steal victim privatekey, so better to using hardware wallet to save the money, almost no one can hack hardware wallet

cryptonewsID

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:31:04 PM

hacker usually spread phising site and steal victim privatekey, so better to using hardware wallet to save the money, almost no one can hack hardware wallet
we must be careful of phishing sites through these accounts we usually enter the private key code, or even the password of the email that will be hacked by the person, the solution is to check the address url that we usually visit.
DronV

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:31:17 PM

Hardware wallets are hard to hack. It's just that they are not affordable. Free wallet downloads for computers lifts the hardware wallet limitations.

micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:37:55 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

First of all, in order to protect yourself as much as possible it is better to switch to Ios. It is shown that this operating system is reliable. Do not store your keys on the computer. Carefully look at which site you open the wallet. Once again do not disturb him. Once again, do not open the mail so that by chance something does not pick up.
magnat7691

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:39:32 PM

You need to buy a cold hardware wallet and store tokens on it, with the exception of trading days on the exchange.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: