Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:33:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your wallet from hackers  (Read 31407 times)
cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:51:25 AM

You should be very careful with your private information and always keep this information stored on your computer. Moreover, you should install an anti virus software and try to avoid visiting fishing websites.
crypthomonkey

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:21:07 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.
in my opinion you can protect your wallet with the best technology but actually nothing will give you one ghundred per cent
crypthomonkey

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

You can use the offline wallet that we know by the name of ledger nano, with it you can safely store all your assets offline, provided you can not remove it, or destroy it, because if it happens then all your digital assets will vanish. But the positive part you will be much safer than hacker attacks
You should get and buy your own ledger in order to protect your wallet . Do not let anyone know your wallet keysto avoid hacking . Keep it private .
yes of course taht is right but even this good method will not protect ypu one hundred per cent unfortunatelly so i wish you good luck
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:34:05 PM

To protect your wallet with hackers you need not simply trust anyone and also avoid giving your account information to people you just know onlne.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Azuliand

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:46:41 PM

I also use not one purse and 2-3 to protect yourself just in case, of course, in most cases, hacking occurs through phishing and that I think everyone needs to install an extension in the browser EtherAddressLookup, very often I was saved from this extension bad people

[ EFT ] EASY FEEDBACK TOKEN [ EFT ] YOUR FEEDBACK MOVES THE WORLD (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:49:45 PM

This is for those who use wallets with cheap transaction fee, such as ethereum based wallets.
There are some who cannot yet afford to purchase a hardware wallet. On that note, i have a suggestion on how your wallet can be safe from hackers. I have always noticed wallets that get easily hacked are those that are subject to public view.
Try as much as possible to have a separate cold wallet address that you do not copy and paste the private key, and neither do you share the address with anyone. You can use it to store most of your valuable coins.
Even if you want to transfer any coin or token to an address belonging to another person, first transfer it to your public wallet before sending it out.

The best thing to secure your wallet if you cannot afford a hardware wallet is to install a malware scanner on your PC to make sure no one can access your files. Always book mark the websites that you mostly visit especially your online wallet to avoid being phished.
tranthiky

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:58:19 PM

I will install antivirus software on my computer, do not click on strange links, do not use teamview for strangers, store private keys somewhere in the computer and set security. I feel safe with the above.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:10:32 PM

it's true, with hard wallet safer from hackers, but if I think it requires costs and maintenance, it's only good for those who have lots of assets  if I don't have so many assets, I just need to use a free wallet. the important thing is we keep the private key.
Janevinex

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

On maw sure to keep your counters very difficult , a lot of phish lately , I think you need to download a cold wallet and store in a safe!

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 02:11:13 PM

To reduce the worst possibility that happens to our wallet is to safeguard all the devices we use in making transactions on the internet because that is the most basic thing we have to do because using a clean device we will be very comfortable in making form transactions, but remember now there are lots of wallets that are quite safe and all of us here are very familiar with all this and on the Ethereum web we have also given a warning to use third party applications for all asset security that we have if we use them quite safely.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Who I

Activity: 420
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:18:54 PM

The only protection of your wallet from hackers is not to spread information about it and how much you have in your account. My friend bragged that he had a lot of money on MEW and it was hacked a few days later
suzukiy

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:19:08 PM

You can use the offline wallet that we know by the name of ledger nano, with it you can safely store all your assets offline, provided you can not remove it, or destroy it, because if it happens then all your digital assets will vanish. But the positive part you will be much safer than hacker attacks
I think offline and online wallets have their own advantages and disadvantages, in my opinion the important thing is to save the private key, not to be known by others. if I use my wallet wisely in my opinion it will be safe and fine.
goodbuybitcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:32:04 PM

First of all, you need to take care of your personal data and private keys. That is what will save your wallets from hacking.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Elysio

Activity: 658
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:55:40 AM

Firstly you can buy ledger nano s or same wallet. and you should scan your computer continuously for antivirus programs and the program should be up-to-date. You should use the computer only for crypto.
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:17:45 AM

To protect my wallet from hackers, I think I must be able to maintain the password correctly. Until now I was lucky because I had never lost a coin in my wallet. I take good care of my computer and don't let anyone know the password. Some coins that I keep in several wallets so that I have more wallets to store coins will be very safe.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 07:30:29 AM

Simply do not give your private key and keep your private key in a very safest way. One thing can help is do not attain to join any scam site and phising site that can hack your wallet. Be attaintive in any investments you are joining.
Plecet Bank

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 07:44:21 AM

Wallet based on Ethereum, in my opinion, is the safest because I have never lost my coins. So I believe in Ethereum based wallets. Which must be considered, of course, you also have to maintain a password lock properly. Do not keep password locks in places that are always online.

umar22pk

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 08:16:23 AM

To protect your wallet you have to use safe recommended wallet, secondly you have to keep safe private key & don’t share with someone.
For MEW you can use Meta mask, if you use hardware wallet than it will best to make secure your wallet.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 02:54:38 PM

I use several wallets. I save the basic funds on the hardware wallet. to enter the reserve I use metamask. I plan to buy a separate laptop for offline transactions
That is a good idea. Make a separate laptop for online for your cold wallets. That is a nice move. Cold wallets cannot be easily be attack by the hackers. So just put small amount of tokens for investment.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
sergei1703

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:03:04 PM

First of all, don't use the password with easy combination. Then try to on the 2 factor authentication, it is very important for exchanges accounts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: